|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the square yardage of the area that Ralph orders his workers to stake out for trench digging?
2. Where did Barnabas Davies work in his youth?
3. How are the columns in the sixth room decorated?
4. According to Ferrell, the British government has no record of what?
5. While continuing his search, Ahmed brings news that Carter uncovered what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Paul join the army?
2. How does CCF react to the news that Ralph has found the tomb?
3. According to Ralph, what is the Tomb Paradox?
4. What are the instructions that Ralph gives Margaret about publishing his book?
5. What is the explanation that Margaret gives for her odd initial letter to Ralph?
6. Describe the party CCF threw for Ralph and Margaret.
7. Who is Ferrell?
8. What happens between Ferrell and Margaret during their first meeting?
9. What does the first day at the dig for Ralph, Ahmed and a few workers entail?
10. What happens when one of the workers finds a patch of smooth white rock in the cliff face?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Ralph insane, obsessed or simple focused in his behavior? Does his status change over time? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How do the various characters in the book lack common sense? What implications does this lack of common sense have for their futures? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book to support your answer, explain how the relationship between Ralph and Margaret is ironic.
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)