|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ralph insist on doing to the third door before attempting to open it?
2. The first opening that Ralph lowers himself into is a ____, never touched by mankind.
3. The first day of the dig involves marking the top of what for rope placements?
4. Ralph's injury and what keep him away from the dig for three days?
5. When Ralph returns to the dig after three days, what are the workers hitting the third door with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the staircase that Ralph visits at Carter's site.
2. When Ralph leaves the workers to guard the tomb and goes into town, what does he do in town?
3. How does Ralph die?
4. How does CCF react to the news that Ralph has found the tomb?
5. Why is Ferrell not looking forward to his trip to Boston?
6. What does Sonia Nordquist offer Ralph when she visits him at his site?
7. When Margaret writes Ralph and complains of boredom, what does she ask him to let her do?
8. When does Ralph want to bring Lord Carnarvon to his dig?
9. What does Ralph fetch, supposedly on Carter's orders?
10. What are some examples Ralph gives of bad translations of Atum-hadu's poetry?
Essay Topic 1
Is Ralph insane, obsessed or simple focused in his behavior? Does his status change over time? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, compare and contrast the way Ralph and Ferrell use their imaginations to help them towards fame.
Essay Topic 3
What is the Tomb Paradox, and how does it help Ralph rationalize his behavior? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)