Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ralph say is the problem with putting riches into a tomb?
2. What is the location of Ralph's villa?
3. Ralph's injury and what keep him away from the dig for three days?
4. What is left out of all ancient Egyptian writing?
5. How are the columns in the sixth room decorated?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the very first entry of the book, what does Ralph want Margaret to know about the letter he is writing?
2. Why does Ralph cut the pay of his workers?
3. Why is Ferrell not looking forward to his trip to Boston?
4. What is the Chamber of Mysteries?
5. Why does Marlowe invite Paul to visit the Valley of the Kings with him?
6. What does Sonia Nordquist offer Ralph when she visits him at his site?
7. How did Ralph hurt his foot?
8. Why does Margaret want Ralph to return to Boston?
9. What is the explanation that Margaret gives for her odd initial letter to Ralph?
10. When Margaret writes Ralph and complains of boredom, what does she ask him to let her do?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the way that Ralph and Ferrell deal with disappointment and guilt. Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the Tomb Paradox, and how does it help Ralph rationalize his behavior? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book to support your answer, explain how Ralph's and Atum-hadu's lives are similar and what implications those similarities have for Ralph's actions.
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)