|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Margaret gave Ralph a sculpture of what before he left?
2. The floor of the first empty room slants in what direction?
3. When Ralph returns to the dig after three days, what are the workers hitting the third door with?
4. When Ferrell contacts Laurence Macy III, who is Ferrell asking about?
5. What is the title of Ralph's book of poetry written by Atum-hadu?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ralph get a look inside the tomb?
2. What is found beyond the sixth door?
3. What happens between Ferrell and Margaret during their first meeting?
4. What is Ferrell's theory of human behavior?
5. Why did Paul join the army?
6. Why does Margaret want Ralph to return to Boston?
7. When Ralph leaves the workers to guard the tomb and goes into town, what does he do in town?
8. Why does Ralph think that Atum-hadu's tomb has been hidden since the beginning?
9. What are the instructions that Ralph gives Margaret about publishing his book?
10. Why is Ferrell not looking forward to his trip to Boston?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is an epilogue? How would an epilogue have helped this book? Support your answer with information from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How does the structure of the book influence the way in which the story is presented? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book to support your answer, explain how Ralph's and Atum-hadu's lives are similar and what implications those similarities have for Ralph's actions.
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)