|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of poetry did Atum-hadu write?
2. What job does Mr. Hoyt hold?
3. According to Ferrell, the British government has no record of what?
4. Margaret gave Ralph a sculpture of what before he left?
5. Who is CCF?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ralph let all of his workers go into town after he is hurt?
2. What are the instructions that Ralph gives Margaret about publishing his book?
3. Describe the series of murders Ralph says took place in order to secure the location of the tomb.
4. In his childhood, what did Ralph tell the vicar about Egyptian theology that got him beaten?
5. In the very first entry of the book, what does Ralph want Margaret to know about the letter he is writing?
6. Why does Ralph start guarding the tomb himself, after the plaster is on the third door?
7. What is the explanation that Margaret gives for her odd initial letter to Ralph?
8. Why does Ralph hire Ahmed to be the head of his excavation team?
9. What is found beyond the sixth door?
10. Why is Ferrell not looking forward to his trip to Boston?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the ending of the book flow logically from the plot? Cite examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does the structure of the book influence the way in which the story is presented? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the way that Ralph and Ferrell deal with disappointment and guilt. Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)