|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the third room?
2. What is the square yardage of the area that Ralph orders his workers to stake out for trench digging?
3. What is the location of Ralph's villa?
4. When the search for evidence yields nothing conclusive, where does Ralph consider digging next?
5. With the intention of greasing the bureaucratic skids, Ralph goes to the office of the Director General of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ralph hire Ahmed to be the head of his excavation team?
2. Why is Ferrell not looking forward to his trip to Boston?
3. Describe the series of murders Ralph says took place in order to secure the location of the tomb.
4. Why does Ralph think that Atum-hadu's tomb has been hidden since the beginning?
5. Why does Ralph let all of his workers go into town after he is hurt?
6. Describe the staircase that Ralph visits at Carter's site.
7. What is the explanation that Margaret gives for her odd initial letter to Ralph?
8. What are some examples Ralph gives of bad translations of Atum-hadu's poetry?
9. How does CCF react to the news that Ralph has found the tomb?
10. What is Ferrell's theory of human behavior?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does greed and personal success motivate the various characters in the book? Compare/contrast at least three different characters and use specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book to support your answer, explain how Ralph's and Atum-hadu's lives are similar and what implications those similarities have for Ralph's actions.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the way that Ralph and Ferrell deal with disappointment and guilt. Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)