|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Margaret writes to Ralph and Ferrell about Cornelius Macy, what does she tease Ralph about?
2. When Ralph picks up the telegram from CCF that promises the funds are going to be wired now that he has found the door, who else has sent him a letter?
3. According to Farrell, what kind of addiction does Margaret have?
4. Where does Margaret say she will go if she cannot accompany Ralph on his next dig?
5. The first day of the dig involves marking the top of what for rope placements?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ferrell not looking forward to his trip to Boston?
2. Why does Ralph have to scout a route to his dig area?
3. What does the first day at the dig for Ralph, Ahmed and a few workers entail?
4. Why did Paul join the army?
5. How does Ralph get a look inside the tomb?
6. Why does Ralph start guarding the tomb himself, after the plaster is on the third door?
7. What is found beyond the sixth door?
8. Describe the staircase that Ralph visits at Carter's site.
9. What are some examples Ralph gives of bad translations of Atum-hadu's poetry?
10. Describe the cats that are outside Ralph's villa when he wakes up.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What evidence is there that Paul and Ralph are really the same person? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does greed and personal success motivate the various characters in the book? Compare/contrast at least three different characters and use specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is a climax in a plot? What is the climax of this book? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)