|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Margaret writes to Ralph about Ferrell and says that she cannot believe Ralph and who were ever friends?
2. Why does Ralph think Margaret's letter is puzzling?
3. Who is Margaret Finneran?
4. Who is CCF?
5. In order to continue his work on the valley floor, Ralph needs what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ralph have to scout a route to his dig area?
2. Why does Ralph cut the pay of his workers?
3. Why does Ralph think that Atum-hadu's tomb has been hidden since the beginning?
4. When Ralph leaves the workers to guard the tomb and goes into town, what does he do in town?
5. Why does Ralph start guarding the tomb himself, after the plaster is on the third door?
6. What happens when one of the workers finds a patch of smooth white rock in the cliff face?
7. Why did Paul join the army?
8. What are the instructions that Ralph gives Margaret about publishing his book?
9. What is Ferrell's theory of human behavior?
10. When Margaret writes Ralph and complains of boredom, what does she ask him to let her do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Professor ter Breuggen represent in the story? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, compare and contrast the way Ralph and Ferrell use their imaginations to help them towards fame.
Essay Topic 3
What evidence is there that Paul and Ralph are really the same person? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)