|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ahmed tells Ralph of his deep hatred for whom?
2. The first day of the dig involves looking for signs of the tomb where?
3. Why does Ralph have to take a route to his dig site that will keep him out of sight?
4. What was Ralph doing on stage when he and Margaret first met?
5. Before Ralph leaves to his villa, how many suits does he pick up from the tailor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when one of the workers finds a patch of smooth white rock in the cliff face?
2. What is Ferrell's theory of human behavior?
3. Why does Ralph hire Ahmed to be the head of his excavation team?
4. Why does Ralph cut the pay of his workers?
5. Why does Ralph have to scout a route to his dig area?
6. Why does Ralph let all of his workers go into town after he is hurt?
7. When Margaret writes Ralph and complains of boredom, what does she ask him to let her do?
8. What is the problem with the second door?
9. In his childhood, what did Ralph tell the vicar about Egyptian theology that got him beaten?
10. Describe the series of murders Ralph says took place in order to secure the location of the tomb.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the structure of the book influence the way in which the story is presented? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How do the various characters in the book lack common sense? What implications does this lack of common sense have for their futures? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Is Ralph insane, obsessed or simple focused in his behavior? Does his status change over time? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)