|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ralph say is the problem with putting riches into a tomb?
2. What is the location of Ralph's villa?
3. Ralph's injury and what keep him away from the dig for three days?
4. What is left out of all ancient Egyptian writing?
5. How are the columns in the sixth room decorated?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the very first entry of the book, what does Ralph want Margaret to know about the letter he is writing?
2. Why does Ralph cut the pay of his workers?
3. Why is Ferrell not looking forward to his trip to Boston?
4. What is the Chamber of Mysteries?
5. Why does Marlowe invite Paul to visit the Valley of the Kings with him?
6. What does Sonia Nordquist offer Ralph when she visits him at his site?
7. How did Ralph hurt his foot?
8. Why does Margaret want Ralph to return to Boston?
9. What is the explanation that Margaret gives for her odd initial letter to Ralph?
10. When Margaret writes Ralph and complains of boredom, what does she ask him to let her do?
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of the items that Ralph placed in the tomb? What is the importance of the order of the items? Use specifics from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does time affect the events in the story and how it is told by others? Support your answer with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What is a climax in a plot? What is the climax of this book? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)