|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ralph want Margaret to publish as the last section of his first book?
2. The first day of the dig involves marking the top of what for rope placements?
3. What does Ralph injure when the second door smashes?
4. Why does Ralph not have the heavy equipment needed to work on the second door?
5. When a second worker gets hurt, where does Ralph send everyone for help?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Ferrell and Margaret during their first meeting?
2. Why does Ralph hire Ahmed to be the head of his excavation team?
3. When Ralph leaves the workers to guard the tomb and goes into town, what does he do in town?
4. Describe the series of murders Ralph says took place in order to secure the location of the tomb.
5. What is found beyond the sixth door?
6. Describe the staircase that Ralph visits at Carter's site.
7. Why does Ralph have to scout a route to his dig area?
8. Who is Ferrell?
9. What is the problem with the second door?
10. What are the instructions that Ralph gives Margaret about publishing his book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ralph explains the myth of Atum-hadu in his letters. How does this myth help the reader surmise what really happened to Ralph? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What evidence is there that Paul and Ralph are really the same person? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does the ending of the book flow logically from the plot? Cite examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)