|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ralph visits Carter's dig and guesses that Carter uncovered what?
2. What is the name of Margaret's Swedish nurse?
3. What does the smooth rock in the cliff face turn out to be?
4. Why does Ralph have to take a route to his dig site that will keep him out of sight?
5. Where did Barnabas Davies work in his youth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Ferrell and Margaret during their first meeting?
2. Describe the staircase that Ralph visits at Carter's site.
3. Why does Ralph let all of his workers go into town after he is hurt?
4. In his childhood, what did Ralph tell the vicar about Egyptian theology that got him beaten?
5. Why does Ralph start guarding the tomb himself, after the plaster is on the third door?
6. Why did Paul join the army?
7. What does the letter from ter Breuggen to Ralph at the beginning or Ralph's dig say?
8. What are some examples Ralph gives of bad translations of Atum-hadu's poetry?
9. What is the problem with the second door?
10. Describe the cats that are outside Ralph's villa when he wakes up.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What evidence is there that Paul and Ralph are really the same person? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How do the various characters in the book lack common sense? What implications does this lack of common sense have for their futures? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, compare and contrast the way Ralph and Ferrell use their imaginations to help them towards fame.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)