|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Margaret's Swedish nurse?
2. When Margaret writes to Ralph and Ferrell about Cornelius Macy, what does she tease Ralph about?
3. What is the tone of the message Ralph receives from ter Breuggen?
4. What does Ralph do to the tomb of King Atum-hadu after his first expedition?
5. How are the columns in the sixth room decorated?
Short Essay Questions
1. In his childhood, what did Ralph tell the vicar about Egyptian theology that got him beaten?
2. Describe the cats that are outside Ralph's villa when he wakes up.
3. Why does Ralph start guarding the tomb himself, after the plaster is on the third door?
4. How does CCF react to the news that Ralph has found the tomb?
5. When Ralph leaves the workers to guard the tomb and goes into town, what does he do in town?
6. Why did Paul join the army?
7. How did Ralph hurt his foot?
8. What happens between Ferrell and Margaret during their first meeting?
9. What does the letter from ter Breuggen to Ralph at the beginning or Ralph's dig say?
10. What happens when one of the workers finds a patch of smooth white rock in the cliff face?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the theme of immortality affect the characters in the book? What definition of immortality is used by the various characters? Cite specific examples in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the importance of the items that Ralph placed in the tomb? What is the importance of the order of the items? Use specifics from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does time affect the events in the story and how it is told by others? Support your answer with evidence from the book.
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)