|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The floor of the first empty room slants in what direction?
2. With the intention of greasing the bureaucratic skids, Ralph goes to the office of the Director General of what?
3. What was Ralph doing on stage when he and Margaret first met?
4. Who is Margaret Finneran?
5. What job does Mr. Hoyt hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is found beyond the sixth door?
2. Who is Ferrell?
3. What is the explanation that Margaret gives for her odd initial letter to Ralph?
4. Why does Ralph think that Atum-hadu's tomb has been hidden since the beginning?
5. When Margaret writes Ralph and complains of boredom, what does she ask him to let her do?
6. What reason does the Director General's note give for not letting Ralph dig?
7. Why does Ralph cut the pay of his workers?
8. What happens when one of the workers finds a patch of smooth white rock in the cliff face?
9. What is one of the problems with translating written Egyptian?
10. Describe the cats that are outside Ralph's villa when he wakes up.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does time affect the events in the story and how it is told by others? Support your answer with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Is this book a history, biography or detective story? Is it part of all three? Answer these questions using examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What does Professor ter Breuggen represent in the story? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)