|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ferrell contacts Laurence Macy III, who is Ferrell asking about?
2. According to Farrell, where does Margaret like to party?
3. Since Ralph believes he will soon be receiving money by wire, who does he give money to?
4. When Ralph sends a telegram to CCF, how does he describe his find?
5. How many columns are in the room with the seventh door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Ferrell and Margaret during their first meeting?
2. What are some examples Ralph gives of bad translations of Atum-hadu's poetry?
3. Why does Ralph let all of his workers go into town after he is hurt?
4. Who is Ferrell?
5. Describe the party CCF threw for Ralph and Margaret.
6. Describe the cats that are outside Ralph's villa when he wakes up.
7. When Ralph leaves the workers to guard the tomb and goes into town, what does he do in town?
8. What does the letter from ter Breuggen to Ralph at the beginning or Ralph's dig say?
9. How did Ralph hurt his foot?
10. Why does Ralph cut the pay of his workers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does greed and personal success motivate the various characters in the book? Compare/contrast at least three different characters and use specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does the theme of immortality affect the characters in the book? What definition of immortality is used by the various characters? Cite specific examples in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the Tomb Paradox, and how does it help Ralph rationalize his behavior? Cite specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)