|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the color of the female cat Ralph finds outside his villa?
2. When Ralph sends a telegram to CCF, how does he describe his find?
3. Ferrell believes that Ralph is what?
4. Who is Howard Carter?
5. When Ferrell contacts Laurence Macy III, who is Ferrell asking about?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the very first entry of the book, what does Ralph want Margaret to know about the letter he is writing?
2. What happens between Ferrell and Margaret during their first meeting?
3. What does the first day at the dig for Ralph, Ahmed and a few workers entail?
4. Why does Ralph let all of his workers go into town after he is hurt?
5. Why did Paul join the army?
6. Who is Ferrell?
7. Why does Margaret want Ralph to return to Boston?
8. How do the Director General and Carter show that they do not respect Ralph?
9. In his childhood, what did Ralph tell the vicar about Egyptian theology that got him beaten?
10. What is found beyond the sixth door?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is this book a history, biography or detective story? Is it part of all three? Answer these questions using examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What evidence is there that Paul and Ralph are really the same person? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is a climax in a plot? What is the climax of this book? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)