|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Margaret says that she wants to accompany Ralph on his next dig because she is what?
2. How many columns are in the room with the seventh door?
3. When Ralph returns to the dig after three days, what are the workers hitting the third door with?
4. How heavy is the smooth stone removed from the cliff face?
5. When does the Director General tell Ralph to come back?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does the Director General's note give for not letting Ralph dig?
2. When Ralph leaves the workers to guard the tomb and goes into town, what does he do in town?
3. Why does Ralph think that Atum-hadu's tomb has been hidden since the beginning?
4. What are the instructions that Ralph gives Margaret about publishing his book?
5. According to Ralph, what is the Tomb Paradox?
6. How did Ralph hurt his foot?
7. What is one of the problems with translating written Egyptian?
8. Describe the cats that are outside Ralph's villa when he wakes up.
9. Why does Margaret want Ralph to return to Boston?
10. Why did Paul join the army?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Ralph insane, obsessed or simple focused in his behavior? Does his status change over time? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is a climax in a plot? What is the climax of this book? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What evidence is there that Paul and Ralph are really the same person? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)