|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the columns in the sixth room decorated?
2. The first day of the dig involves looking for signs of the tomb where?
3. Where does Ferrell live when he contacts Laurence Macy?
4. What does the smooth rock in the cliff face turn out to be?
5. Who is CCF?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Director General and Carter show that they do not respect Ralph?
2. How did Ralph hurt his foot?
3. What is Ferrell's theory of human behavior?
4. What is one of the problems with translating written Egyptian?
5. Describe the cats that are outside Ralph's villa when he wakes up.
6. Why does Margaret want Ralph to return to Boston?
7. Describe the staircase that Ralph visits at Carter's site.
8. Describe the party CCF threw for Ralph and Margaret.
9. When Ralph receives a telegram from CCF asking for clarification of his Oxford studies, what does Ralph reply with?
10. In the very first entry of the book, what does Ralph want Margaret to know about the letter he is writing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, compare and contrast the way Ralph and Ferrell use their imaginations to help them towards fame.
Essay Topic 2
How does time affect the events in the story and how it is told by others? Support your answer with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How does the structure of the book influence the way in which the story is presented? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)