|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ralph speculates that the empty room they first find was meant to do what?
2. Ralph sends a telegram complaining to CCF after receiving money in his account? Why?
3. What do the investors in Ralph's first expedition have in common?
4. Who does Ralph think that the third set of assassins killed in order to keep the tomb's location a secret?
5. Ferrell believes that Ralph is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the very first entry of the book, what does Ralph want Margaret to know about the letter he is writing?
2. How does CCF react to the news that Ralph has found the tomb?
3. How does Ralph die?
4. What does Sonia Nordquist offer Ralph when she visits him at his site?
5. What happens when one of the workers finds a patch of smooth white rock in the cliff face?
6. How did Ralph hurt his foot?
7. Describe the staircase that Ralph visits at Carter's site.
8. Why does Ralph hire Ahmed to be the head of his excavation team?
9. Why does Ralph let all of his workers go into town after he is hurt?
10. What does the letter from ter Breuggen to Ralph at the beginning or Ralph's dig say?
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, compare and contrast the way Ralph and Ferrell use their imaginations to help them towards fame.
Essay Topic 2
What does Professor ter Breuggen represent in the story? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the way that Ralph and Ferrell deal with disappointment and guilt. Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,187 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)