|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes Ralph a letter that invites him to reapply for official permission to excavate?
(a) The Director General.
(b) The Inspector General.
(c) The Solicitor General.
(d) The Admiral General.
2. Marlowe tells Paul that Ralph died where?
(a) In England.
(b) In Egypt.
(c) In Syria.
(d) In Turkey.
3. Who, according to Ralph's writings, orders him to fetch chemicals?
(b) The constable.
4. On Sunday, December 17th, what shows up in the seventh room?
(a) A calico cat.
(b) An orange cat.
(c) A dead cat.
(d) A mummified cat.
5. Why does Carter come by to deliver Ralph a letter?
(a) The letter was given to Carter to deliver.
(b) There is no one else to deliver mail to Ralph.
(c) The letter was sent to Carter but meant for Ralph.
(d) The letter was mixed in with Carter's mail.
6. In which chamber does Ralph place his cane?
(a) The second.
(b) The third.
(c) The fourth.
(d) The first.
7. Paul Caldwell blackmails Marlowe into giving him lessons on what?
8. Carter comes to Ralph's villa at night and mentions that what character may have romantic feelings for Ralph?
(a) Lady Vivianne.
(b) Lady Evelyn.
(c) Lady Mary.
(d) Lady Laura.
9. Who does Ferrell find living at Ralph's old villa?
(a) Carter's wife.
(c) Two journalists.
(d) Two photographers.
10. In his December 30th letter to Margaret, what does Ralph say that CCF is doing?
(d) Touring the area.
11. After Ralph has finished with the columns, what does he use to open the next door?
(a) A sledge hammer.
(c) A battering ram.
(d) A crow bar.
12. Ralph says that he has much to finish if mad Ferrell is coming to stamp about with what?
(a) Boots and rumors.
(b) Tools and suspicions.
(c) Smoke and mirrors.
(d) Police and dogs.
13. What happens when Ralph tries to open the ninth chamber?
(a) He goes to sleep.
(b) He goes mad.
(c) He collapses.
(d) He cries.
14. Who does Ferrell hire to take him to Ralph's dig?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A graduate student.
(d) A guide.
15. Each column depicts what span of time in Atum-hadu's reign?
(a) Six months.
(b) Ten months.
(c) Ten years.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carter has left his site to go where?
2. Who releases Ralph from his engagement?
3. Marlowe invites Paul to visit where on a four day pass?
4. Who, according to Ralph's translations, prepares Atum-hadu for the underworld afterlife?
5. Where have the Lord and Lady, who were at Carter's site, gone to?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)