|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Amr?
2. Who does Ralph meet while at Carter's site?
(a) Lord Canterbury.
(b) Lord Carnelion.
(c) Lord Carter.
(d) Lord Carnarvon.
3. What does Atum-hadu try to do to his queen?
(a) Drown her.
(b) Divorce her.
(c) Stab her.
(d) Poison her.
4. On Sunday, December 17th, what shows up in the seventh room?
(a) A dead cat.
(b) A mummified cat.
(c) An orange cat.
(d) A calico cat.
5. Who is Ralph going to bring to his dig, once all the translation and analysis is completed?
(a) Lord Carnarvon.
(b) The press.
6. What is wrapped in a sheet from the Cairo hotel?
(a) Ralph's discovery.
(b) Ralph's foot.
(d) The mummified cat.
7. Why does Quint think that Ralph survived the war and didn't die?
(a) He heard about a Columbia professor and his interest in Atum-hadu.
(b) He heard about a Harvard professor and his interest in Atum-hadu.
(c) He heard about an NYU professor and his interest in Atum-hadu.
(d) He heard about an Oxford professor and his interest in Atum-hadu.
8. What does Ralph do to CCF?
(a) Murder him.
(b) Kick him out of the tomb.
(c) Lock him in the chamber.
(d) Injure him.
9. Marlowe tells Paul a fabricated story of how he and Ralph found what?
(a) The Poetry of Atum-hadu.
(b) The Admonitions of Atum-hadu.
(c) The Apology of Atum-hatu.
(d) The Discourses of Atum-hatu.
10. What is the cryptic abbreviation that Ralph sends on a telegram to Margaret?
11. What does Ralph call the room after the room with the columns?
(a) Chamber of Treasure.
(b) Chamber of Devotion.
(c) Chamber of Secrets.
(d) Chamber of Mysteries.
12. For whom does CCF mistake a bearded and robed Ralph?
(a) A student.
(b) A native.
(c) A laborer.
(d) A trespasser.
13. Since Carter's find, how much rent does the landlord of Ralph's villa want in advance?
(a) Six months.
(b) One year.
(c) Four months.
(d) Two months.
14. Who has Ralph been sending anonymous telegrams to, exposing CCF's interest in pornography?
(a) CCF's wife.
(b) CCF's accountant.
(c) CCF's boss.
(d) CCF's cardinal.
15. In which chamber does Ralph place his robe and painting equipment?
(a) The first.
(b) The second.
(c) The third.
(d) The fifth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent a police officer to Ralph's site?
2. Who is Amr related to?
3. What does CCF do when he comes into the tomb?
4. What does Ahmed steal from Ralph?
5. Who writes Ralph a letter that invites him to reapply for official permission to excavate?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)