|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ferrell find living at Ralph's old villa?
(a) Two journalists.
(c) Carter's wife.
(d) Two photographers.
2. Who, according to Ralph's translations, prepares Atum-hadu for the underworld afterlife?
3. Why does Quint think that Ralph survived the war and didn't die?
(a) He heard about an Oxford professor and his interest in Atum-hadu.
(b) He heard about an NYU professor and his interest in Atum-hadu.
(c) He heard about a Harvard professor and his interest in Atum-hadu.
(d) He heard about a Columbia professor and his interest in Atum-hadu.
4. Who, according to Ralph's writings, orders him to fetch chemicals?
(a) The constable.
5. In Ralph's last, insane moment, he equates his name with what?
6. Why does Carter come by to deliver Ralph a letter?
(a) The letter was sent to Carter but meant for Ralph.
(b) The letter was mixed in with Carter's mail.
(c) The letter was given to Carter to deliver.
(d) There is no one else to deliver mail to Ralph.
7. Who has Ralph been sending anonymous telegrams to, exposing CCF's interest in pornography?
(a) CCF's boss.
(b) CCF's wife.
(c) CCF's cardinal.
(d) CCF's accountant.
8. Ahmed awakens Ralph and says that he and the workers are going to work for whom?
(b) Someone else.
9. Why did Marlowe invite Paul to go with him on their four day pass?
(a) To seduce him.
(b) To hurt him.
(c) To kill him.
(d) To maim him.
10. Marlowe tells Paul a fabricated story of how he and Ralph found what?
(a) The Poetry of Atum-hadu.
(b) The Apology of Atum-hatu.
(c) The Admonitions of Atum-hadu.
(d) The Discourses of Atum-hatu.
11. In which chamber does Ralph place his robe and painting equipment?
(a) The first.
(b) The third.
(c) The second.
(d) The fifth.
12. For whom does CCF mistake a bearded and robed Ralph?
(a) A native.
(b) A student.
(c) A laborer.
(d) A trespasser.
13. What is in the package that ter Breuggen sends Margaret?
14. What does Atum-hadu try to do to his queen?
(a) Stab her.
(b) Poison her.
(c) Divorce her.
(d) Drown her.
15. Who was the Egyptian cat god?
Short Answer Questions
1. In his December 30th letter to Margaret, what does Ralph say that CCF is doing?
2. After Ralph wraps himself up, what does he pour on himself?
3. What criticism does Ralph level at Carter's find?
4. Who writes Ralph a letter that invites him to reapply for official permission to excavate?
5. Each column depicts what span of time in Atum-hadu's reign?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)