|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since Carter's find, how much rent does the landlord of Ralph's villa want in advance?
(a) Two months.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Four months.
2. Why did Marlowe invite Paul to go with him on their four day pass?
(a) To kill him.
(b) To hurt him.
(c) To seduce him.
(d) To maim him.
3. Marlowe says that after going on a trip with Paul, he will return to what?
(a) Life at Oxford.
(b) A calm life.
(c) Normal life.
(d) His duties.
4. What does Ralph do to the first chamber after he goes insane?
(a) Decorates it.
(b) Demolishes it.
(c) Closes it off from the others.
(d) Makes it his home.
5. Who, according to Ralph's writings, orders him to fetch chemicals?
(a) The constable.
6. After Ralph has finished with the columns, what does he use to open the next door?
(a) A battering ram.
(b) A sledge hammer.
(d) A crow bar.
7. What does Ralph call the room after the room with the columns?
(a) Chamber of Devotion.
(b) Chamber of Mysteries.
(c) Chamber of Treasure.
(d) Chamber of Secrets.
8. Each column depicts what span of time in Atum-hadu's reign?
(a) Six months.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Ten months.
(d) One year.
9. Carter has left his site to go where?
(a) Valley of the Kings.
10. What does the constable discover while he is at Ralph's site?
(a) That CCF is dead.
(b) That Ralph's leg is infected.
(c) That Ralph is insane.
11. For whom does CCF mistake a bearded and robed Ralph?
(a) A laborer.
(b) A native.
(c) A student.
(d) A trespasser.
12. What is wrapped in a sheet from the Cairo hotel?
(a) The mummified cat.
(c) Ralph's foot.
(d) Ralph's discovery.
13. According to Ralph, whose mysteries and riddles remain unsolved for millennia?
14. What happens when Ralph tries to open the ninth chamber?
(a) He goes to sleep.
(b) He cries.
(c) He collapses.
(d) He goes mad.
15. Carter comes to Ralph's villa at night and mentions that what character may have romantic feelings for Ralph?
(a) Lady Vivianne.
(b) Lady Evelyn.
(c) Lady Laura.
(d) Lady Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ahmed awakens Ralph and says that he and the workers are going to work for whom?
2. Who does Ferrell hire to take him to Ralph's dig?
3. Who is Ralph going to bring to his dig, once all the translation and analysis is completed?
4. Who is Atum-hadu's father?
5. Why does Quint think that Ralph survived the war and didn't die?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)