|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, according to Ralph's writings, orders him to fetch chemicals?
(d) The constable.
2. Where have the Lord and Lady, who were at Carter's site, gone to?
3. Since Carter's find, how much rent does the landlord of Ralph's villa want in advance?
(a) Four months.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two months.
4. Marlowe tells Paul a fabricated story of how he and Ralph found what?
(a) The Admonitions of Atum-hadu.
(b) The Poetry of Atum-hadu.
(c) The Discourses of Atum-hatu.
(d) The Apology of Atum-hatu.
5. Ahmed is arrested for whose murder?
6. Who writes Ralph a letter that invites him to reapply for official permission to excavate?
(a) The Director General.
(b) The Solicitor General.
(c) The Admiral General.
(d) The Inspector General.
7. Who is Amr related to?
(a) Ralph's barber.
(b) Ralph's cook.
(c) Ralph's real estate agent.
(d) Ralph's accountant.
8. On Sunday, December 17th, what shows up in the seventh room?
(a) A calico cat.
(b) An orange cat.
(c) A mummified cat.
(d) A dead cat.
9. What does Atum-hadu try to do to his queen?
(a) Stab her.
(b) Divorce her.
(c) Poison her.
(d) Drown her.
10. Marlowe says that after going on a trip with Paul, he will return to what?
(a) His duties.
(b) A calm life.
(c) Life at Oxford.
(d) Normal life.
11. Ahmed is arrest for theft of what?
(a) The antiquities from Carter's site.
(b) The antiquities from Ralph's site.
(c) The gold from Carter's site.
(d) The gold from Ralph's site.
12. Ferrell finds Ralph drinking what?
13. Why does Quint think that Ralph survived the war and didn't die?
(a) He heard about a Harvard professor and his interest in Atum-hadu.
(b) He heard about an NYU professor and his interest in Atum-hadu.
(c) He heard about an Oxford professor and his interest in Atum-hadu.
(d) He heard about a Columbia professor and his interest in Atum-hadu.
14. Who, according to Ralph's translations, prepares Atum-hadu for the underworld afterlife?
15. Who interrupts Ralph's request for funding to Lord Carnarvon?
(b) The Lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Ralph has finished with the columns, what does he use to open the next door?
2. Where does Ferrell find the cigars from CCF?
3. In a letter discovered after her death, Margaret tells Ralph about how Ferrell turned her and CCF against him? What kind of letter was it?
4. Who has Ralph been sending anonymous telegrams to, exposing CCF's interest in pornography?
5. In which chamber does Ralph place his robe and painting equipment?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)