|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Ralph has finished with the columns, what does he use to open the next door?
(a) A crow bar.
(b) A sledge hammer.
(c) A battering ram.
2. In which chamber does Ralph place his cane?
(a) The fourth.
(b) The second.
(c) The third.
(d) The first.
3. What does Ralph do to the first chamber after he goes insane?
(a) Makes it his home.
(b) Decorates it.
(c) Closes it off from the others.
(d) Demolishes it.
4. Who does Ferrell find living at Ralph's old villa?
(a) Carter's wife.
(b) Two photographers.
(d) Two journalists.
5. Which god warns Atum-hadu about his new queen, but Atum-hadu ignores him?
6. What does Ralph wrap himself in?
7. In his December 30th letter to Margaret, what does Ralph say that CCF is doing?
(a) Touring the area.
8. Who writes Ralph a letter that invites him to reapply for official permission to excavate?
(a) The Solicitor General.
(b) The Admiral General.
(c) The Inspector General.
(d) The Director General.
9. What is the "ologist" name for someone with Ralph's interests?
10. On Sunday, December 17th, what shows up in the seventh room?
(a) A dead cat.
(b) An orange cat.
(c) A calico cat.
(d) A mummified cat.
11. Who does Ralph meet while at Carter's site?
(a) Lord Canterbury.
(b) Lord Carnelion.
(c) Lord Carter.
(d) Lord Carnarvon.
12. Who, according to Ralph's writings, orders him to fetch chemicals?
(c) The constable.
13. Ahmed is arrested for whose murder?
14. Carter comes to Ralph's villa at night and mentions that what character may have romantic feelings for Ralph?
(a) Lady Vivianne.
(b) Lady Mary.
(c) Lady Laura.
(d) Lady Evelyn.
15. What happens when Ralph tries to open the ninth chamber?
(a) He goes mad.
(b) He collapses.
(c) He cries.
(d) He goes to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Amr?
2. What does Ahmed steal from Ralph?
3. A telegram from CCF to Ralph promises to send money but also requests details of what?
4. In reality, why does Ralph steal the chemicals?
5. What is the cryptic abbreviation that Ralph sends on a telegram to Margaret?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)