|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Ralph tries to open the ninth chamber?
(a) He cries.
(b) He collapses.
(c) He goes mad.
(d) He goes to sleep.
2. Carter has found the tomb of King Tut and evidence of what?
3. Why does Quint think that Ralph survived the war and didn't die?
(a) He heard about an NYU professor and his interest in Atum-hadu.
(b) He heard about a Harvard professor and his interest in Atum-hadu.
(c) He heard about a Columbia professor and his interest in Atum-hadu.
(d) He heard about an Oxford professor and his interest in Atum-hadu.
4. Ralph says that he has much to finish if mad Ferrell is coming to stamp about with what?
(a) Police and dogs.
(b) Tools and suspicions.
(c) Smoke and mirrors.
(d) Boots and rumors.
5. What keeps Stum-hadu from fighting for long with his forces against the invading Hyksos?
(a) A head illness.
(b) The flu.
(c) The runs.
(d) A stomach illness.
6. Marlowe tells Paul that Ralph died where?
(a) In Turkey.
(b) In England.
(c) In Syria.
(d) In Egypt.
7. What is wrapped in a sheet from the Cairo hotel?
(b) Ralph's foot.
(c) The mummified cat.
(d) Ralph's discovery.
8. What does Ralph wrap himself in?
9. When Ferrell finally meets Ralph, to what does Ferrell attribute the odor surrounding Ralph?
(a) Ralph's infected torso.
(b) Ralph's infected arm.
(c) Ralph's infected eye.
(d) Ralph's infected leg.
10. How old is Amr?
11. What is the cryptic abbreviation that Ralph sends on a telegram to Margaret?
12. Who interrupts Ralph's request for funding to Lord Carnarvon?
(b) The Lady.
13. Where does Ferrell find the cigars from CCF?
(a) At the dig site.
(b) With Ahmed.
(c) At a pawn shop.
(d) At the site of a bonfire.
14. When Ralph finishes his drawing of the tomb, what is included?
(a) The mummy of Ferrell.
(b) The mummy of Carter.
(c) The mummy of his own body.
(d) The mummy of Paul.
15. What criticism does Ralph level at Carter's find?
(a) That the find was faked.
(b) That Carter's find was accidental.
(c) That it's a minor king not worthy of attention.
(d) That it's really his find.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ferrell find living at Ralph's old villa?
2. After Ralph has finished with the columns, what does he use to open the next door?
3. Ahmed awakens Ralph and says that he and the workers are going to work for whom?
4. Who was the Egyptian cat god?
5. Ahmed is arrest for theft of what?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)