|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ralph wrap himself in?
2. What does Ferrell find at the site of the bonfire?
(a) A Bible with Ralph's name inscribed on it.
(b) A suitcase with Ralph's name on it.
(c) A gramophone with Ralph's name inscribed on it.
(d) A letter from Ralph.
3. Carter has left his site to go where?
(a) Valley of the Kings.
4. Where have the Lord and Lady, who were at Carter's site, gone to?
5. Who interrupts Ralph's request for funding to Lord Carnarvon?
(b) The Lady.
6. In which chamber does Ralph place his cane?
(a) The second.
(b) The fourth.
(c) The first.
(d) The third.
7. In reality, why does Ralph steal the chemicals?
(a) To cure his infection.
(b) To use on CCF's body and then his own.
(c) To eliminate the dead cat.
(d) To take his writings off the wall.
8. Where does Ferrell find the cigars from CCF?
(a) With Ahmed.
(b) At the site of a bonfire.
(c) At the dig site.
(d) At a pawn shop.
9. What does Ahmed steal from Ralph?
(a) His jewelry.
(b) His money.
(c) His car.
(d) His best gramophone.
10. Marlowe says that after going on a trip with Paul, he will return to what?
(a) Normal life.
(b) His duties.
(c) A calm life.
(d) Life at Oxford.
11. Who writes Ralph a letter that invites him to reapply for official permission to excavate?
(a) The Director General.
(b) The Solicitor General.
(c) The Admiral General.
(d) The Inspector General.
12. Why does Quint think that Ralph survived the war and didn't die?
(a) He heard about a Harvard professor and his interest in Atum-hadu.
(b) He heard about an NYU professor and his interest in Atum-hadu.
(c) He heard about an Oxford professor and his interest in Atum-hadu.
(d) He heard about a Columbia professor and his interest in Atum-hadu.
13. Who does Ferrell find living at Ralph's old villa?
(a) Two photographers.
(b) Carter's wife.
(d) Two journalists.
14. What does CCF do when he comes into the tomb?
(a) Beats Ralph.
(b) Takes pictures.
(c) Destroys everything.
(d) Wakes Ralph.
15. Since Carter's find, how much rent does the landlord of Ralph's villa want in advance?
(a) Six months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Two months.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ahmed is arrested for whose murder?
2. On Sunday, December 17th, what shows up in the seventh room?
3. According to Ralph, whose mysteries and riddles remain unsolved for millennia?
4. In his December 30th letter to Margaret, what does Ralph say that CCF is doing?
5. Who, according to Ralph's translations, prepares Atum-hadu for the underworld afterlife?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)