|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ralph tell CCF when he asks for clarification on Ralph's Oxford studies?
(a) A description of his classes at Oxford.
(b) A description of his dorm at Oxford.
(c) A geographic description of Oxford.
(d) A listing of his professors at Oxford.
2. What is the square yardage of the area that Ralph orders his workers to stake out for trench digging?
(a) 150 yard square.
(b) 200 yard square.
(c) 100 yard square.
(d) 250 yard square.
3. What hotel does Ralph stay at in Cairo in October 1922?
(a) Hotel of the Tombs.
(b) Hotel of the Sphinx.
(c) Hotel of Papyrus.
(d) Hotel of the Kings.
4. What does the smooth rock in the cliff face turn out to be?
(a) A stone box.
(b) A stone door.
(c) A stone wall.
(d) A stone crypt.
5. What is the color of the female cat Ralph finds outside his villa?
6. The first day of the dig involves marking the top of what for rope placements?
(a) The hole.
(b) The tomb.
(c) The cliff.
(d) The hill.
7. On Monday, November 6, 1922, Ralph pays his workers and sends them home because he is what?
(a) Too sad about his firing to work.
(b) Too sick to work.
(c) Too tired to work.
(d) Too ill at heart to work.
8. Margaret writes to Ralph of Cornelius Macy, whom she met at what location?
(a) JP's birthday party.
(b) JP's speakeasy.
(c) JP's ball.
(d) JP's Thanksgiving party.
9. What does Terbroogan think Trilipush's expedition to Egypt will be like?
(a) A farce.
(c) Good research material.
10. Where are Len and Sonia Nordquist from?
(c) New York.
11. What is left out of all ancient Egyptian writing?
12. Why does Ralph think Margaret's letter is puzzling?
(a) It is written in Italian.
(b) It is short.
(c) It is written in French.
(d) It is long.
13. Ahmed tells Ralph of his deep hatred for whom?
14. What is the title of Ralph's book of poetry written by Atum-hadu?
(a) Desire and Power in Ancient Egypt.
(b) Desire and Deceit in Ancient Egypt.
(c) Desire and Deception in Ancient Egypt.
(d) Desire and Defection in Ancient Egypt.
15. According to Ralph, what was Margaret doing when she and Ralph first met?
(a) Staring at him from the front row.
(b) Dozing in the front row.
(c) Taking notes in the front row.
(d) Sitting in the front row.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oxford not have?
2. What do the cats outside Ralph's villa remind him of?
3. With the intention of greasing the bureaucratic skids, Ralph goes to the office of the Director General of what?
4. What color is the smooth rock that one of the workers finds in the cliff face?
5. What does Ralph lower past the smooth stone once they remove it from the cliff face?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)