|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ferrell, the British government has no record of what?
(a) Trilipush's birth.
(b) Trilipush's citizenship.
(c) Trilipush's death.
(d) Trilipush's military service.
2. Ahmed tells Ralph of his deep hatred for whom?
3. Ralph sends a telegram complaining to CCF after receiving money in his account? Why?
(a) Because he wants Margaret with him.
(b) Because he wants Margaret to get medical attention.
(c) Because he wants more money than they agreed upon.
(d) Because only a fraction of the money was sent.
4. How heavy is the smooth stone removed from the cliff face?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) 2,000 pounds.
(c) 1,500 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
5. What is the name of Margaret's Swedish nurse?
6. What does Ralph see beyond the smooth stone removed from the cliff?
(a) Stone blocks.
(b) Stone staircase.
(c) Stone bricks.
(d) Stone flooring.
7. How does Ralph describe the estate he grew up on in his letter to Margaret?
(d) In disrepair.
8. What did Ralph study that caused the village vicar to beat him?
(a) Egyptian language.
(b) Egyptian history.
(c) Egyptian writing.
(d) Egyptian theology.
9. While continuing his search, Ahmed brings news that Carter uncovered what?
(a) A stair.
(b) A dresser.
(c) A chamber.
(d) A hole.
10. What is the color of the female cat Ralph finds outside his villa?
11. When the workers return from finding help for the second man, what do they bring for Ralph?
(c) A doctor.
12. Since Ralph believes he will soon be receiving money by wire, who does he give money to?
(a) The working women.
(b) The church.
(c) The poor.
(d) The government.
13. From what dynasty is King Atum-hadu?
(a) XI Dynasty.
(b) XV Dynasty.
(c) XVI Dynasty.
(d) XIII Dynasty.
14. When Ralph returns to the dig after three days, what are the workers hitting the third door with?
(a) Pile drivers.
(b) Screw drivers.
(c) Jack hammers.
(d) Sledge hammers.
15. Where are Len and Sonia Nordquist from?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the problem Ralph has with transporting heavy equipment to his site?
2. According to Ralph, what was Margaret doing when she and Ralph first met?
3. Why does Margaret request that Ralph return to Boston immediately after CCF wires funds to him?
4. Why does Ralph think that Professor ter Breuggen resents him?
5. What do the investors in Ralph's first expedition have in common?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)