|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ralph tell CCF when he asks for clarification on Ralph's Oxford studies?
(a) A description of his dorm at Oxford.
(b) A geographic description of Oxford.
(c) A description of his classes at Oxford.
(d) A listing of his professors at Oxford.
2. When Margaret writes to Ralph about her dream of their first child, what does the first child say?
(a) Nothing but religious poetry.
(b) Only Egyptian.
(c) Nothing but Egyptian mythology.
(d) Nothing but curse words.
3. The first opening that Ralph lowers himself into is a ____, never touched by mankind.
(a) Dry hole.
(b) Well hole.
(c) Rare hole.
(d) River hole.
4. With what does Ralph seal the tomb?
(a) Metal bars, plaster and a lock.
(b) A gate and padlock.
(c) A wooden door and a lock.
(d) Boards, rock and plaster.
5. Margaret writes to Ralph about Ferrell and says that she cannot believe Ralph and who were ever friends?
6. When Ralph sends a telegram to CCF, how does he describe his find?
7. What did Ralph study that caused the village vicar to beat him?
(a) Egyptian language.
(b) Egyptian history.
(c) Egyptian theology.
(d) Egyptian writing.
8. On Monday, November 6, 1922, Ralph pays his workers and sends them home because he is what?
(a) Too ill at heart to work.
(b) Too sad about his firing to work.
(c) Too sick to work.
(d) Too tired to work.
9. Margaret writes to Ralph of Cornelius Macy, whom she met at what location?
(a) JP's ball.
(b) JP's birthday party.
(c) JP's Thanksgiving party.
(d) JP's speakeasy.
10. While continuing his search, Ahmed brings news that Carter uncovered what?
(a) A stair.
(b) A chamber.
(c) A dresser.
(d) A hole.
11. Ralph speculates that the empty room they first find was meant to do what?
(a) Serve as storage.
(b) Hide the real entrance.
(c) Secure the location of the real tomb.
(d) Ward off tomb robbers.
12. Where did Barnabas Davies work in his youth?
(a) Merchant Marines.
(b) Coastal Patrol.
(c) Merchant Navy.
(d) Coast Guard.
13. When did Ferrell meet Margaret?
14. When the search for evidence yields nothing conclusive, where does Ralph consider digging next?
(a) The valley floor.
(b) Next to the river.
(c) The valley sides.
(d) The canyon.
15. What does Ralph see beyond the smooth stone removed from the cliff?
(a) Stone bricks.
(b) Stone blocks.
(c) Stone flooring.
(d) Stone staircase.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is CCF?
2. After Ralph recites poetry for the Nordquists, they invite him to their cabin for what?
3. What is the color of the female cat Ralph finds outside his villa?
4. What type of poetry did Atum-hadu write?
5. When Ralph returns to the dig after three days, what are the workers hitting the third door with?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)