|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ralph believes that Michel Vassal translated Atum-hadu's poetry to please whom?
(a) The English Government.
(b) The Spanish Government.
(c) The Italian Government.
(d) The French Government.
2. Margaret says that she wants to accompany Ralph on his next dig because she is what?
(b) Pining for him.
(c) Sad he is gone.
3. Who is Howard Carter?
(a) A private investigator.
(b) A professor at Oxford.
(c) A famous archaeologist.
(d) A book critic.
4. What is the square yardage of the area that Ralph orders his workers to stake out for trench digging?
(a) 100 yard square.
(b) 150 yard square.
(c) 250 yard square.
(d) 200 yard square.
5. Who does Ralph think that the third set of assassins killed in order to keep the tomb's location a secret?
(a) The workers who covered the tomb.
(b) The workers who built the empty room.
(c) The workers who knew the location of the tomb.
(d) The workers who built the tomb.
6. Ralph visits Carter's dig and guesses that Carter uncovered what?
(a) A well.
(b) A home.
(c) A storage depot.
(d) A granary.
7. How does Ralph describe the estate he grew up on in his letter to Margaret?
(c) In disrepair.
8. What does Terbroogan feel for Trilipush?
9. On Monday, November 6, 1922, Ralph pays his workers and sends them home because he is what?
(a) Too sick to work.
(b) Too ill at heart to work.
(c) Too sad about his firing to work.
(d) Too tired to work.
10. Why does Margaret request that Ralph return to Boston immediately after CCF wires funds to him?
(a) She is bored.
(b) She wants children.
(c) She is dying.
(d) She is sick.
11. When Ferrell contacts Laurence Macy III, who is Ferrell asking about?
(a) Laurence's deceased sister.
(b) Laurence's deceased cousin.
(c) Laurence's deceased wife.
(d) Laurence's deceased aunt.
12. Margaret writes to Ralph of Cornelius Macy, whom she met at what location?
(a) JP's Thanksgiving party.
(b) JP's speakeasy.
(c) JP's birthday party.
(d) JP's ball.
13. What does Ralph want Margaret to publish as the last section of his first book?
(a) The Tomb Paradox.
(b) The Tomb Question.
(c) The Tomb Problem.
(d) The Tomb Solution.
14. When Ralph picks up the telegram from CCF that promises the funds are going to be wired now that he has found the door, who else has sent him a letter?
15. What does Ferrell say is one of the motives for human behavior?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ahmed tells Ralph of his deep hatred for whom?
2. Since Ralph believes he will soon be receiving money by wire, who does he give money to?
3. How is Ralph planning to travel down the Nile River to his field villa?
4. Where did Barnabas Davies work in his youth?
5. When Margaret writes to Ralph and Ferrell about Cornelius Macy, what does she tease Ralph about?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)