|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ralph believes that Michel Vassal translated Atum-hadu's poetry to please whom?
(a) The English Government.
(b) The Spanish Government.
(c) The Italian Government.
(d) The French Government.
2. When Ralph orders Ahmed to purchase a gate and padlock, how many days does he give Ahmed to return to the tomb?
3. When Margaret writes to Ralph and Ferrell about Cornelius Macy, what does she tease Ralph about?
4. What does Ralph injure when the second door smashes?
(a) His head.
(b) His arm.
(c) His foot.
(d) His leg.
5. Margaret says that she wants to accompany Ralph on his next dig because she is what?
(a) Pining for him.
(b) Sad he is gone.
6. While Ralph and Ahmed are eating supper, what do the other men do?
(a) Smash the whole dig site.
(b) Steal everything from the dig site.
(c) Smash the 4th, 5th and 6th doors.
(d) Fill up the dig site with sand.
7. Ahmed tells Ralph of his deep hatred for whom?
8. How does ter Breuggen fire Ralph?
(a) In a telephone call.
(b) In a telegram.
(c) In a cable.
(d) In a letter.
9. On Monday, November 6, 1922, Ralph pays his workers and sends them home because he is what?
(a) Too ill at heart to work.
(b) Too sad about his firing to work.
(c) Too tired to work.
(d) Too sick to work.
10. Why does Ralph have to take a route to his dig site that will keep him out of sight?
(a) He doesn't have the money to dig.
(b) He doesn't want anyone else to dig where he is digging.
(c) He doesn't want Carter to see him go to the dig site.
(d) He doesn't have official approval to dig.
11. When Terbroogan takes Ferrell into Ralph's office, what is on his desk?
(a) A package.
(c) An artifact.
(d) A letter.
12. What is left out of all ancient Egyptian writing?
13. Why does Margaret request that Ralph return to Boston immediately after CCF wires funds to him?
(a) She is sick.
(b) She is dying.
(c) She wants children.
(d) She is bored.
14. When Ralph returns to the dig after three days, what are the workers hitting the third door with?
(a) Jack hammers.
(b) Sledge hammers.
(c) Pile drivers.
(d) Screw drivers.
15. What job does Mr. Hoyt hold?
(a) Circus lion tamer.
(b) Circus manager.
(c) Circus clown.
(d) Circus act.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first opening that Ralph lowers himself into is a ____, never touched by mankind.
2. What is the square yardage of the area that Ralph orders his workers to stake out for trench digging?
3. When Ralph picks up the telegram from CCF that promises the funds are going to be wired now that he has found the door, who else has sent him a letter?
4. What is the title of Ralph's book of poetry written by Atum-hadu?
5. Where is Ralph when he writes the first letter to Margaret?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)