|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ralph do to the tomb of King Atum-hadu after his first expedition?
(a) Defames it.
(b) Makes a map of it.
(c) Seals it.
(d) Publishes an article about it.
2. Why does Ralph guard the tomb himself while the third door is being plastered?
(a) He doesn't trust his men.
(b) He doesn't trust the Egyptians.
(c) He doesn't trust anyone.
(d) He doesn't trust Carter.
3. Who is Margaret Finneran?
(a) Ralph's estranged daughter.
(b) Ralph's estranged wife.
(c) Ralph's estranged fiancé.
(d) Ralph's estranged sister.
4. Ralph speculates that the empty room they first find was meant to do what?
(a) Ward off tomb robbers.
(b) Serve as storage.
(c) Secure the location of the real tomb.
(d) Hide the real entrance.
5. Where does Margaret say she will go if she cannot accompany Ralph on his next dig?
6. When Ferrell contacts Laurence Macy III, who is Ferrell asking about?
(a) Laurence's deceased sister.
(b) Laurence's deceased wife.
(c) Laurence's deceased cousin.
(d) Laurence's deceased aunt.
7. What is left out of all ancient Egyptian writing?
8. What do the investors in Ralph's first expedition have in common?
(a) They are wealthy men from politics and law.
(b) They are wealthy men from construction and finance.
(c) They are wealthy men from finance and medicine.
(d) They are wealthy men from trade and speculation.
9. The first day of the dig involves marking the top of what for rope placements?
(a) The cliff.
(b) The hill.
(c) The tomb.
(d) The hole.
10. What is the tone of the message Ralph receives from ter Breuggen?
11. Where are Len and Sonia Nordquist from?
(d) New York.
12. How is Ralph planning to travel down the Nile River to his field villa?
(a) By raft.
(b) By camel.
(c) By boat.
(d) By jeep.
13. How many columns are in the room with the seventh door?
14. What does Ralph insist on doing to the third door before attempting to open it?
(a) Draw it.
(b) Surface rub it.
(c) Plaster it.
(d) Photograph it.
15. The floor of the first empty room slants in what direction?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Egyptian royalty do to their bodies to gain immortality?
2. According to Farrell, where does Margaret like to party?
3. Where is Ralph when he writes the first letter to Margaret?
4. What does Ralph say is the problem with putting riches into a tomb?
5. How does ter Breuggen fire Ralph?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)