|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does ter Breuggen fire Ralph?
(a) In a cable.
(b) In a telephone call.
(c) In a telegram.
(d) In a letter.
2. What did Ralph study that caused the village vicar to beat him?
(a) Egyptian theology.
(b) Egyptian language.
(c) Egyptian writing.
(d) Egyptian history.
3. When Terbroogan takes Ferrell into Ralph's office, what is on his desk?
(a) An artifact.
(b) A package.
(c) A letter.
4. What hotel does Ralph stay at in Cairo in October 1922?
(a) Hotel of the Sphinx.
(b) Hotel of the Kings.
(c) Hotel of the Tombs.
(d) Hotel of Papyrus.
5. What is the tone of the message Ralph receives from ter Breuggen?
6. What does Terbroogan feel for Trilipush?
7. What do the investors in Ralph's first expedition have in common?
(a) They are wealthy men from trade and speculation.
(b) They are wealthy men from politics and law.
(c) They are wealthy men from construction and finance.
(d) They are wealthy men from finance and medicine.
8. How does Ralph describe the estate he grew up on in his letter to Margaret?
(d) In disrepair.
9. When the search for evidence yields nothing conclusive, where does Ralph consider digging next?
(a) The valley floor.
(b) Next to the river.
(c) The valley sides.
(d) The canyon.
10. What does Ralph injure when the second door smashes?
(a) His leg.
(b) His head.
(c) His foot.
(d) His arm.
11. Why does Ralph guard the tomb himself while the third door is being plastered?
(a) He doesn't trust Carter.
(b) He doesn't trust the Egyptians.
(c) He doesn't trust anyone.
(d) He doesn't trust his men.
12. According to Ferrell, the British government has no record of what?
(a) Trilipush's death.
(b) Trilipush's military service.
(c) Trilipush's citizenship.
(d) Trilipush's birth.
13. Ralph sends a telegram complaining to CCF after receiving money in his account? Why?
(a) Because he wants Margaret with him.
(b) Because only a fraction of the money was sent.
(c) Because he wants Margaret to get medical attention.
(d) Because he wants more money than they agreed upon.
14. How are the columns in the sixth room decorated?
(a) They are painted red.
(b) They are unpainted.
(c) They are painted with pictures.
(d) They are painted with scrolls.
15. While continuing his search, Ahmed brings news that Carter uncovered what?
(a) A dresser.
(b) A chamber.
(c) A stair.
(d) A hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ralph's injury and what keep him away from the dig for three days?
2. Why is it easy for Ralph and Ahmed to line up a few workers for their dig?
3. Ferrell believes that Ralph is what?
4. What does the smooth rock in the cliff face turn out to be?
5. Why does Ralph think Margaret's letter is puzzling?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)