|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How heavy is the smooth stone removed from the cliff face?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 2,000 pounds.
(d) 1,500 pounds.
2. Ralph sends a telegram complaining to CCF after receiving money in his account? Why?
(a) Because he wants Margaret to get medical attention.
(b) Because he wants Margaret with him.
(c) Because only a fraction of the money was sent.
(d) Because he wants more money than they agreed upon.
3. What circus was Paul Caldwell once part of?
(a) Flipping Hoyt Brothers.
(b) Flipping Hullard Brothers.
(c) Flipping Henter Brothers.
(d) Flipping Howard Brothers.
4. Ralph's injury and what keep him away from the dig for three days?
(a) Lack of funds.
5. What is left out of all ancient Egyptian writing?
6. When Ralph finds that the funds haven't gone through, where does he have lunch with his real estate agent?
(a) The Excelsior Club.
(b) The Explorer's Club.
(c) The Exclusive Club.
(d) The Excavator's Club.
7. Ferrell believes that Ralph is what?
(b) A good scholar.
(c) A bad writer.
(d) A conman.
8. When the search for evidence yields nothing conclusive, where does Ralph consider digging next?
(a) The canyon.
(b) The valley sides.
(c) Next to the river.
(d) The valley floor.
9. Where does Ferrell live when he contacts Laurence Macy?
(a) A hotel in Sydney.
(b) A mansion in Sydney.
(c) A nursing home in Sydney.
(d) A hospital in Sydney.
10. How is Ralph planning to travel down the Nile River to his field villa?
(a) By camel.
(b) By jeep.
(c) By boat.
(d) By raft.
11. When Ralph returns to the dig after three days, what are the workers hitting the third door with?
(a) Sledge hammers.
(b) Jack hammers.
(c) Screw drivers.
(d) Pile drivers.
12. What does Ralph insist on doing to the third door before attempting to open it?
(a) Photograph it.
(b) Draw it.
(c) Plaster it.
(d) Surface rub it.
13. The first opening that Ralph lowers himself into is a ____, never touched by mankind.
(a) River hole.
(b) Rare hole.
(c) Dry hole.
(d) Well hole.
14. When a second worker gets hurt, where does Ralph send everyone for help?
(a) To Carter's dig site.
(b) To Cairo.
(c) Into town.
(d) To the hospital.
15. Where did Barnabas Davies work in his youth?
(a) Merchant Navy.
(b) Coastal Patrol.
(c) Coast Guard.
(d) Merchant Marines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ralph think that Professor ter Breuggen resents him?
2. Margaret gave Ralph a sculpture of what before he left?
3. Who does Ralph think that the third set of assassins killed in order to keep the tomb's location a secret?
4. Why does Ralph not have the heavy equipment needed to work on the second door?
5. What is CCF's relationship to Margaret?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)