|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first day of the dig involves looking for signs of the tomb where?
(a) At the lower level of a cliff.
(b) At the lower level of the plains.
(c) In the valley in the desert.
(d) On the sides of hills.
2. How does ter Breuggen fire Ralph?
(a) In a cable.
(b) In a letter.
(c) In a telegram.
(d) In a telephone call.
3. Since Ralph believes he will soon be receiving money by wire, who does he give money to?
(a) The working women.
(b) The church.
(c) The poor.
(d) The government.
4. Ferrell believes that Ralph is what?
(a) A bad writer.
(b) A good scholar.
(d) A conman.
5. What color is the smooth rock that one of the workers finds in the cliff face?
6. Ralph speculates that the empty room they first find was meant to do what?
(a) Secure the location of the real tomb.
(b) Serve as storage.
(c) Ward off tomb robbers.
(d) Hide the real entrance.
7. Who is Margaret Finneran?
(a) Ralph's estranged sister.
(b) Ralph's estranged daughter.
(c) Ralph's estranged fiancé.
(d) Ralph's estranged wife.
8. What does Ralph injure when the second door smashes?
(a) His foot.
(b) His head.
(c) His leg.
(d) His arm.
9. When the search for evidence yields nothing conclusive, where does Ralph consider digging next?
(a) The valley floor.
(b) The canyon.
(c) Next to the river.
(d) The valley sides.
10. When Ralph returns to the dig after three days, what are the workers hitting the third door with?
(a) Screw drivers.
(b) Jack hammers.
(c) Pile drivers.
(d) Sledge hammers.
11. What did Ralph study that caused the village vicar to beat him?
(a) Egyptian writing.
(b) Egyptian history.
(c) Egyptian language.
(d) Egyptian theology.
12. What does the smooth rock in the cliff face turn out to be?
(a) A stone wall.
(b) A stone crypt.
(c) A stone door.
(d) A stone box.
13. What does Ralph insist on doing to the third door before attempting to open it?
(a) Draw it.
(b) Surface rub it.
(c) Photograph it.
(d) Plaster it.
14. What is the name of Margaret's Swedish nurse?
15. What does Ferrell say is one of the motives for human behavior?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ralph tells CCF of the discovery of the empty room, what does CCF express?
2. With what does Ralph seal the tomb?
3. The first opening that Ralph lowers himself into is a ____, never touched by mankind.
4. After Ralph seals the tomb, he orders Ahmed to hire what?
5. What is in the third room?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)