|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What circus was Paul Caldwell once part of?
(a) Flipping Howard Brothers.
(b) Flipping Hoyt Brothers.
(c) Flipping Hullard Brothers.
(d) Flipping Henter Brothers.
2. Where is Ralph when he writes the first letter to Margaret?
3. What is CCF's relationship to Margaret?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her suitor.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her father.
4. When Ralph tells CCF of the discovery of the empty room, what does CCF express?
5. What was Ralph doing on stage when he and Margaret first met?
(a) Giving a talk about his first expedition.
(b) Giving a talk about his first book.
(c) Giving a talk about his research.
(d) Giving a talk about Egypt.
6. When Ralph picks up the telegram from CCF that promises the funds are going to be wired now that he has found the door, who else has sent him a letter?
7. How many columns are in the room with the seventh door?
8. When they slide the second door enough for Ralph to get a look, what does he think he sees?
9. According to Farrell, what kind of addiction does Margaret have?
10. What hotel does Ralph stay at in Cairo in October 1922?
(a) Hotel of Papyrus.
(b) Hotel of the Kings.
(c) Hotel of the Sphinx.
(d) Hotel of the Tombs.
11. Why does Ralph guard the tomb himself while the third door is being plastered?
(a) He doesn't trust his men.
(b) He doesn't trust the Egyptians.
(c) He doesn't trust anyone.
(d) He doesn't trust Carter.
12. What is the square yardage of the area that Ralph orders his workers to stake out for trench digging?
(a) 250 yard square.
(b) 100 yard square.
(c) 150 yard square.
(d) 200 yard square.
13. What does Ralph see beyond the smooth stone removed from the cliff?
(a) Stone bricks.
(b) Stone staircase.
(c) Stone blocks.
(d) Stone flooring.
14. When Ralph sends a telegram to CCF, how does he describe his find?
15. After Ralph recites poetry for the Nordquists, they invite him to their cabin for what?
(b) A séance.
(c) A private reading.
(d) Drinks and dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Ralph and Ahmed are eating supper, what do the other men do?
2. When the search for evidence yields nothing conclusive, where does Ralph consider digging next?
3. What does Ralph want Margaret to publish as the last section of his first book?
4. When Margaret writes to Ralph about her dream of their first child, what does the first child say?
5. Before Ralph leaves to his villa, how many suits does he pick up from the tailor?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)