|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oxford not have?
(a) Record of Trilipush's degree.
(b) Record of Trilipush's graduation.
(c) Record of Trilipush's attendance.
(d) Record of Trilipush's classes.
2. Where are Len and Sonia Nordquist from?
(a) New York.
3. The first opening that Ralph lowers himself into is a ____, never touched by mankind.
(a) Rare hole.
(b) Dry hole.
(c) Well hole.
(d) River hole.
4. Who is Howard Carter?
(a) A famous archaeologist.
(b) A book critic.
(c) A professor at Oxford.
(d) A private investigator.
5. What is the tone of the message Ralph receives from ter Breuggen?
6. What job does Mr. Hoyt hold?
(a) Circus clown.
(b) Circus lion tamer.
(c) Circus manager.
(d) Circus act.
7. When Margaret writes to Ralph and Ferrell about Cornelius Macy, what does she tease Ralph about?
8. When did Ferrell meet Margaret?
9. What does Terbroogan feel for Trilipush?
10. What does Ralph see beyond the smooth stone removed from the cliff?
(a) Stone blocks.
(b) Stone bricks.
(c) Stone flooring.
(d) Stone staircase.
11. Who does Ralph think that the third set of assassins killed in order to keep the tomb's location a secret?
(a) The workers who covered the tomb.
(b) The workers who built the tomb.
(c) The workers who knew the location of the tomb.
(d) The workers who built the empty room.
12. When a second worker gets hurt, where does Ralph send everyone for help?
(a) To Carter's dig site.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) Into town.
(d) To Cairo.
13. Ahmed tells Ralph of his deep hatred for whom?
14. Why does Ralph guard the tomb himself while the third door is being plastered?
(a) He doesn't trust Carter.
(b) He doesn't trust the Egyptians.
(c) He doesn't trust his men.
(d) He doesn't trust anyone.
15. Why does Ralph not have the heavy equipment needed to work on the second door?
(a) He cannot keep it up.
(b) He cannot keep it safe.
(c) He cannot afford it.
(d) He cannot use it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man Ralph hires to be head of his excavation team?
2. What was Ralph doing on stage when he and Margaret first met?
3. What does Ferrell say is one of the motives for human behavior?
4. When Ralph sends a telegram to CCF, how does he describe his find?
5. When Ralph has to leave Fragment C in Egypt, who does he leave it with?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)