|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first opening that Ralph lowers himself into is a ____, never touched by mankind.
(a) River hole.
(b) Dry hole.
(c) Rare hole.
(d) Well hole.
2. According to Farrell, what kind of addiction does Margaret have?
3. What is in the third room?
4. What do the cats outside Ralph's villa remind him of?
(a) His father's hounds.
(b) His sister's cats.
(c) His dogs at home.
(d) His mother's cats.
5. When Margaret writes to Ralph and Ferrell about Cornelius Macy, what does she tease Ralph about?
6. While continuing his search, Ahmed brings news that Carter uncovered what?
(a) A stair.
(b) A dresser.
(c) A hole.
(d) A chamber.
7. What does Ferrell say is one of the motives for human behavior?
8. What does Ralph injure when the second door smashes?
(a) His arm.
(b) His foot.
(c) His head.
(d) His leg.
9. What is the title of Ralph's book of poetry written by Atum-hadu?
(a) Desire and Deception in Ancient Egypt.
(b) Desire and Deceit in Ancient Egypt.
(c) Desire and Defection in Ancient Egypt.
(d) Desire and Power in Ancient Egypt.
10. What is the square yardage of the area that Ralph orders his workers to stake out for trench digging?
(a) 200 yard square.
(b) 250 yard square.
(c) 100 yard square.
(d) 150 yard square.
11. Where are Len and Sonia Nordquist from?
(b) New York.
12. Ralph sends a telegram complaining to CCF after receiving money in his account? Why?
(a) Because he wants Margaret to get medical attention.
(b) Because only a fraction of the money was sent.
(c) Because he wants more money than they agreed upon.
(d) Because he wants Margaret with him.
13. How are the columns in the sixth room decorated?
(a) They are painted with scrolls.
(b) They are painted red.
(c) They are unpainted.
(d) They are painted with pictures.
14. When did Paul Caldwell go missing?
(a) End of Egyptian-Syrian War.
(b) End of World War II.
(c) End of Australian Independence War.
(d) End of World War I.
15. When they slide the second door enough for Ralph to get a look, what does he think he sees?
Short Answer Questions
1. With the intention of greasing the bureaucratic skids, Ralph goes to the office of the Director General of what?
2. How is Ralph planning to travel down the Nile River to his field villa?
3. In order to continue his work on the valley floor, Ralph needs what?
4. Who is Howard Carter?
5. When Ralph recovers from his illness, what time of day does he visit Carter's find?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)