|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ralph study that caused the village vicar to beat him?
(a) Egyptian history.
(b) Egyptian writing.
(c) Egyptian language.
(d) Egyptian theology.
2. What does Ralph do to the tomb of King Atum-hadu after his first expedition?
(a) Seals it.
(b) Makes a map of it.
(c) Defames it.
(d) Publishes an article about it.
3. What does Ralph say is the problem with putting riches into a tomb?
(a) Loss of the riches.
(b) Getting them into the tomb to begin with.
(c) Theft of the riches.
(d) Aging of the riches.
4. Why does Margaret request that Ralph return to Boston immediately after CCF wires funds to him?
(a) She is sick.
(b) She is bored.
(c) She wants children.
(d) She is dying.
5. When Ralph sends a telegram to CCF, how does he describe his find?
6. What was Ralph doing on stage when he and Margaret first met?
(a) Giving a talk about his research.
(b) Giving a talk about Egypt.
(c) Giving a talk about his first book.
(d) Giving a talk about his first expedition.
7. What do the investors in Ralph's first expedition have in common?
(a) They are wealthy men from construction and finance.
(b) They are wealthy men from finance and medicine.
(c) They are wealthy men from trade and speculation.
(d) They are wealthy men from politics and law.
8. The first day of the dig involves looking for signs of the tomb where?
(a) At the lower level of the plains.
(b) In the valley in the desert.
(c) At the lower level of a cliff.
(d) On the sides of hills.
9. What is in the third room?
10. When did Paul Caldwell go missing?
(a) End of Egyptian-Syrian War.
(b) End of World War II.
(c) End of World War I.
(d) End of Australian Independence War.
11. What does Ferrell join to cash in on search fees for Davies' children?
(a) Tailor Enquiries Incorporated.
(b) Tailor Enquiries Worldwide.
(c) Tailor Enquiries Search Agency.
(d) Tailor Enquiries Ltd.
12. What does Terbroogan think Trilipush's expedition to Egypt will be like?
(b) A farce.
(c) Good research material.
13. On Monday, November 6, 1922, Ralph pays his workers and sends them home because he is what?
(a) Too sick to work.
(b) Too tired to work.
(c) Too sad about his firing to work.
(d) Too ill at heart to work.
14. Ralph picks what villa to live close to?
(a) Carter's living place.
(b) The dig site.
(c) The Pyramids.
(d) The worker's living place.
15. According to Farrell, where does Margaret like to party?
(a) At a disco.
(b) At a speakeasy.
(c) At a club.
(d) At a bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ferrell say is one of the motives for human behavior?
2. What is the problem Ralph has with transporting heavy equipment to his site?
3. What does Terbroogan feel for Trilipush?
4. According to Farrell, what kind of addiction does Margaret have?
5. How are the columns in the sixth room decorated?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)