|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Howard Carter?
(a) A famous archaeologist.
(b) A professor at Oxford.
(c) A private investigator.
(d) A book critic.
2. Where are Len and Sonia Nordquist from?
(a) New York.
3. What color is the smooth rock that one of the workers finds in the cliff face?
4. How are the columns in the sixth room decorated?
(a) They are painted with pictures.
(b) They are painted with scrolls.
(c) They are painted red.
(d) They are unpainted.
5. After Ralph recites poetry for the Nordquists, they invite him to their cabin for what?
(b) Drinks and dinner.
(c) A private reading.
(d) A séance.
6. While continuing his search, Ahmed brings news that Carter uncovered what?
(a) A hole.
(b) A stair.
(c) A chamber.
(d) A dresser.
7. While Ralph and Ahmed are eating supper, what do the other men do?
(a) Smash the whole dig site.
(b) Steal everything from the dig site.
(c) Fill up the dig site with sand.
(d) Smash the 4th, 5th and 6th doors.
8. In order to continue his work on the valley floor, Ralph needs what?
(a) More men and tools.
(b) More equipment and tools.
(c) More men and permits.
(d) More permits and equipment.
9. Where does the second door smash?
(a) In the first room.
(b) Outside the cliff.
(c) In the second room.
(d) Outside in the valley.
10. From what dynasty is King Atum-hadu?
(a) XVI Dynasty.
(b) XI Dynasty.
(c) XIII Dynasty.
(d) XV Dynasty.
11. Ferrell believes that Ralph is what?
(a) A bad writer.
(b) A conman.
(c) A good scholar.
12. According to Ferrell, the British government has no record of what?
(a) Trilipush's citizenship.
(b) Trilipush's birth.
(c) Trilipush's military service.
(d) Trilipush's death.
13. Margaret writes to Ralph of Cornelius Macy, whom she met at what location?
(a) JP's speakeasy.
(b) JP's ball.
(c) JP's Thanksgiving party.
(d) JP's birthday party.
14. Ralph's injury and what keep him away from the dig for three days?
(d) Lack of funds.
15. When Ralph picks up the telegram from CCF that promises the funds are going to be wired now that he has found the door, who else has sent him a letter?
Short Answer Questions
1. The first day of the dig involves looking for signs of the tomb where?
2. Who is Margaret Finneran?
3. What does Ralph see beyond the smooth stone removed from the cliff?
4. When Margaret writes to Ralph about her dream of their first child, what does the first child say?
5. How does Ralph describe the estate he grew up on in his letter to Margaret?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)