|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ralph do to the tomb of King Atum-hadu after his first expedition?
(a) Seals it.
(b) Makes a map of it.
(c) Defames it.
(d) Publishes an article about it.
2. When Ralph picks up the telegram from CCF that promises the funds are going to be wired now that he has found the door, who else has sent him a letter?
3. What does Terbroogan feel for Trilipush?
4. What did the Egyptian royalty do to their bodies to gain immortality?
(a) Float them on boats.
(b) Preserve them.
(c) Burn them.
(d) Sink them in water.
5. How is Ralph planning to travel down the Nile River to his field villa?
(a) By jeep.
(b) By raft.
(c) By camel.
(d) By boat.
6. Ahmed tells Ralph of his deep hatred for whom?
7. Who does Ralph think that the third set of assassins killed in order to keep the tomb's location a secret?
(a) The workers who built the empty room.
(b) The workers who covered the tomb.
(c) The workers who built the tomb.
(d) The workers who knew the location of the tomb.
8. When Margaret writes to Ralph about her dream of their first child, what does the first child say?
(a) Nothing but curse words.
(b) Nothing but religious poetry.
(c) Only Egyptian.
(d) Nothing but Egyptian mythology.
9. Why does Ralph think that Professor ter Breuggen resents him?
(a) For not giving Fragment C to the university.
(b) For the popularity of his book.
(c) For having Margaret in his life.
(d) For being able to go on a dig.
10. What does Oxford not have?
(a) Record of Trilipush's graduation.
(b) Record of Trilipush's degree.
(c) Record of Trilipush's attendance.
(d) Record of Trilipush's classes.
11. What was Ralph doing on stage when he and Margaret first met?
(a) Giving a talk about his first expedition.
(b) Giving a talk about Egypt.
(c) Giving a talk about his research.
(d) Giving a talk about his first book.
12. What is the tone of the message Ralph receives from ter Breuggen?
13. When a second worker gets hurt, where does Ralph send everyone for help?
(a) To Carter's dig site.
(b) Into town.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To Cairo.
14. Why does Ralph have to take a route to his dig site that will keep him out of sight?
(a) He doesn't want Carter to see him go to the dig site.
(b) He doesn't have the money to dig.
(c) He doesn't want anyone else to dig where he is digging.
(d) He doesn't have official approval to dig.
15. When Ralph tells CCF of the discovery of the empty room, what does CCF express?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of poetry did Atum-hadu write?
2. The first day of the dig involves looking for signs of the tomb where?
3. What does Ralph lower past the smooth stone once they remove it from the cliff face?
4. Ralph speculates that the empty room they first find was meant to do what?
5. When Ralph returns to the dig after three days, what are the workers hitting the third door with?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)