|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ralph guard the tomb himself while the third door is being plastered?
(a) He doesn't trust the Egyptians.
(b) He doesn't trust his men.
(c) He doesn't trust Carter.
(d) He doesn't trust anyone.
2. Where does Margaret say she will go if she cannot accompany Ralph on his next dig?
3. How are the columns in the sixth room decorated?
(a) They are painted with pictures.
(b) They are painted red.
(c) They are unpainted.
(d) They are painted with scrolls.
4. When Margaret writes to Ralph about her dream of their first child, what does the first child say?
(a) Nothing but religious poetry.
(b) Only Egyptian.
(c) Nothing but curse words.
(d) Nothing but Egyptian mythology.
5. When does the Director General tell Ralph to come back?
(a) In a week's time.
(c) On a less busy day.
6. What does Ralph insist on doing to the third door before attempting to open it?
(a) Plaster it.
(b) Draw it.
(c) Surface rub it.
(d) Photograph it.
7. What does Ferrell join to cash in on search fees for Davies' children?
(a) Tailor Enquiries Incorporated.
(b) Tailor Enquiries Search Agency.
(c) Tailor Enquiries Worldwide.
(d) Tailor Enquiries Ltd.
8. Who is Margaret Finneran?
(a) Ralph's estranged sister.
(b) Ralph's estranged wife.
(c) Ralph's estranged fiancé.
(d) Ralph's estranged daughter.
9. Where did Barnabas Davies work in his youth?
(a) Coast Guard.
(b) Coastal Patrol.
(c) Merchant Marines.
(d) Merchant Navy.
10. The first day of the dig involves marking the top of what for rope placements?
(a) The tomb.
(b) The cliff.
(c) The hill.
(d) The hole.
11. What do the cats outside Ralph's villa remind him of?
(a) His dogs at home.
(b) His father's hounds.
(c) His sister's cats.
(d) His mother's cats.
12. Why does Ralph have to take a route to his dig site that will keep him out of sight?
(a) He doesn't have the money to dig.
(b) He doesn't have official approval to dig.
(c) He doesn't want Carter to see him go to the dig site.
(d) He doesn't want anyone else to dig where he is digging.
13. According to Farrell, what kind of addiction does Margaret have?
14. Ralph speculates that the empty room they first find was meant to do what?
(a) Ward off tomb robbers.
(b) Serve as storage.
(c) Hide the real entrance.
(d) Secure the location of the real tomb.
15. After Ralph seals the tomb, he orders Ahmed to hire what?
(a) White workers.
(b) Smarter workers.
(c) More equipment.
(d) Better workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ralph has to leave Fragment C in Egypt, who does he leave it with?
2. What does Terbroogan think Trilipush's expedition to Egypt will be like?
3. What does Ralph tell CCF when he asks for clarification on Ralph's Oxford studies?
4. When Ralph tells CCF of the discovery of the empty room, what does CCF express?
5. What is CCF's relationship to Margaret?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)