|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ralph visits Carter's dig and guesses that Carter uncovered what?
(a) A home.
(b) A storage depot.
(c) A well.
(d) A granary.
2. What does Oxford not have?
(a) Record of Trilipush's graduation.
(b) Record of Trilipush's degree.
(c) Record of Trilipush's attendance.
(d) Record of Trilipush's classes.
3. When they slide the second door enough for Ralph to get a look, what does he think he sees?
4. With what does Ralph seal the tomb?
(a) Metal bars, plaster and a lock.
(b) A gate and padlock.
(c) A wooden door and a lock.
(d) Boards, rock and plaster.
5. Why does Ralph have to take a route to his dig site that will keep him out of sight?
(a) He doesn't want Carter to see him go to the dig site.
(b) He doesn't want anyone else to dig where he is digging.
(c) He doesn't have the money to dig.
(d) He doesn't have official approval to dig.
6. What does Ferrell join to cash in on search fees for Davies' children?
(a) Tailor Enquiries Ltd.
(b) Tailor Enquiries Worldwide.
(c) Tailor Enquiries Search Agency.
(d) Tailor Enquiries Incorporated.
7. What is CCF's relationship to Margaret?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her suitor.
(d) Her father.
8. Why does Margaret request that Ralph return to Boston immediately after CCF wires funds to him?
(a) She is dying.
(b) She wants children.
(c) She is bored.
(d) She is sick.
9. Since Ralph believes he will soon be receiving money by wire, who does he give money to?
(a) The poor.
(b) The church.
(c) The working women.
(d) The government.
10. What do the investors in Ralph's first expedition have in common?
(a) They are wealthy men from finance and medicine.
(b) They are wealthy men from trade and speculation.
(c) They are wealthy men from construction and finance.
(d) They are wealthy men from politics and law.
11. When Ralph tells CCF of the discovery of the empty room, what does CCF express?
12. How heavy is the smooth stone removed from the cliff face?
(a) 1,500 pounds.
(b) 2,000 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 500 pounds.
13. When the search for evidence yields nothing conclusive, where does Ralph consider digging next?
(a) The valley floor.
(b) The valley sides.
(c) The canyon.
(d) Next to the river.
14. What did the Egyptian royalty do to their bodies to gain immortality?
(a) Burn them.
(b) Sink them in water.
(c) Preserve them.
(d) Float them on boats.
15. What does Ralph see beyond the smooth stone removed from the cliff?
(a) Stone bricks.
(b) Stone blocks.
(c) Stone flooring.
(d) Stone staircase.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ferrell say is one of the motives for human behavior?
2. Where did Barnabas Davies work in his youth?
3. What is the location of Ralph's villa?
4. Margaret writes to Ralph about Ferrell and says that she cannot believe Ralph and who were ever friends?
5. What is the title of Ralph's book of poetry written by Atum-hadu?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)