|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man Ralph hires to be head of his excavation team?
2. In order to continue his work on the valley floor, Ralph needs what?
(a) More men and permits.
(b) More equipment and tools.
(c) More permits and equipment.
(d) More men and tools.
3. What does Oxford not have?
(a) Record of Trilipush's attendance.
(b) Record of Trilipush's degree.
(c) Record of Trilipush's classes.
(d) Record of Trilipush's graduation.
4. What does Ferrell say is one of the motives for human behavior?
5. Ralph sends a telegram complaining to CCF after receiving money in his account? Why?
(a) Because he wants more money than they agreed upon.
(b) Because he wants Margaret with him.
(c) Because only a fraction of the money was sent.
(d) Because he wants Margaret to get medical attention.
6. When does the Director General tell Ralph to come back?
(c) In a week's time.
(d) On a less busy day.
7. When Ralph has to leave Fragment C in Egypt, who does he leave it with?
8. When Ferrell contacts Laurence Macy III, who is Ferrell asking about?
(a) Laurence's deceased sister.
(b) Laurence's deceased cousin.
(c) Laurence's deceased aunt.
(d) Laurence's deceased wife.
9. What job does Mr. Hoyt hold?
(a) Circus act.
(b) Circus manager.
(c) Circus lion tamer.
(d) Circus clown.
10. Who is Margaret Finneran?
(a) Ralph's estranged wife.
(b) Ralph's estranged daughter.
(c) Ralph's estranged fiancé.
(d) Ralph's estranged sister.
11. Who is CCF?
(a) Chester Curtis Fennder.
(b) Chester Crawford Finneran.
(c) Chester Charles Finnegan.
(d) Chester Chaplain Franklin.
12. The first opening that Ralph lowers himself into is a ____, never touched by mankind.
(a) Dry hole.
(b) River hole.
(c) Rare hole.
(d) Well hole.
13. Before Ralph leaves to his villa, how many suits does he pick up from the tailor?
14. According to Ralph, what was Margaret doing when she and Ralph first met?
(a) Staring at him from the front row.
(b) Taking notes in the front row.
(c) Sitting in the front row.
(d) Dozing in the front row.
15. When did Paul Caldwell go missing?
(a) End of Egyptian-Syrian War.
(b) End of World War II.
(c) End of World War I.
(d) End of Australian Independence War.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Ralph seal the tomb?
2. What is the problem Ralph has with transporting heavy equipment to his site?
3. When the search for evidence yields nothing conclusive, where does Ralph consider digging next?
4. What does Ralph see beyond the smooth stone removed from the cliff?
5. According to Ferrell, the British government has no record of what?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)