Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ralph say is the problem with putting riches into a tomb?
(a) Aging of the riches.
(b) Getting them into the tomb to begin with.
(c) Theft of the riches.
(d) Loss of the riches.
2. What is the location of Ralph's villa?
(a) Nile valley.
3. Ralph's injury and what keep him away from the dig for three days?
(a) Lack of funds.
4. What is left out of all ancient Egyptian writing?
5. How are the columns in the sixth room decorated?
(a) They are painted with scrolls.
(b) They are unpainted.
(c) They are painted red.
(d) They are painted with pictures.
6. What is the square yardage of the area that Ralph orders his workers to stake out for trench digging?
(a) 100 yard square.
(b) 150 yard square.
(c) 250 yard square.
(d) 200 yard square.
7. In order to continue his work on the valley floor, Ralph needs what?
(a) More men and tools.
(b) More equipment and tools.
(c) More permits and equipment.
(d) More men and permits.
8. How does ter Breuggen fire Ralph?
(a) In a telegram.
(b) In a letter.
(c) In a cable.
(d) In a telephone call.
9. Why does Ralph guard the tomb himself while the third door is being plastered?
(a) He doesn't trust his men.
(b) He doesn't trust anyone.
(c) He doesn't trust the Egyptians.
(d) He doesn't trust Carter.
10. Who is Margaret Finneran?
(a) Ralph's estranged sister.
(b) Ralph's estranged wife.
(c) Ralph's estranged fiancé.
(d) Ralph's estranged daughter.
11. When Margaret writes to Ralph and Ferrell about Cornelius Macy, what does she tease Ralph about?
12. What does Ferrell say is one of the motives for human behavior?
13. When did Ferrell meet Margaret?
14. What type of poetry did Atum-hadu write?
15. What is the tone of the message Ralph receives from ter Breuggen?
Short Answer Questions
1. The first day of the dig involves marking the top of what for rope placements?
2. What does Oxford not have?
3. What does the smooth rock in the cliff face turn out to be?
4. When Ferrell contacts Laurence Macy III, who is Ferrell asking about?
5. When Margaret writes to Ralph about her dream of their first child, what does the first child say?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)