|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Ralph planning to travel down the Nile River to his field villa?
(a) By camel.
(b) By boat.
(c) By jeep.
(d) By raft.
2. What is left out of all ancient Egyptian writing?
3. When did Ferrell meet Margaret?
4. When Ferrell contacts Laurence Macy III, who is Ferrell asking about?
(a) Laurence's deceased cousin.
(b) Laurence's deceased sister.
(c) Laurence's deceased wife.
(d) Laurence's deceased aunt.
5. What is CCF's relationship to Margaret?
(a) Her suitor.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her husband.
6. What is the tone of the message Ralph receives from ter Breuggen?
7. Where is Ralph when he writes the first letter to Margaret?
8. When did Paul Caldwell go missing?
(a) End of Egyptian-Syrian War.
(b) End of World War II.
(c) End of Australian Independence War.
(d) End of World War I.
9. When the search for evidence yields nothing conclusive, where does Ralph consider digging next?
(a) The valley floor.
(b) The valley sides.
(c) The canyon.
(d) Next to the river.
10. Where does Margaret say she will go if she cannot accompany Ralph on his next dig?
11. What is the problem Ralph has with transporting heavy equipment to his site?
(a) It will be noticed.
(b) It is hard work.
(c) It will be expensive.
(d) It will take too long.
12. Ralph visits Carter's dig and guesses that Carter uncovered what?
(a) A storage depot.
(b) A well.
(c) A granary.
(d) A home.
13. Why does Ralph think Margaret's letter is puzzling?
(a) It is short.
(b) It is long.
(c) It is written in French.
(d) It is written in Italian.
14. What is the color of the female cat Ralph finds outside his villa?
15. How heavy is the smooth stone removed from the cliff face?
(a) 2,000 pounds.
(b) 1,500 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 500 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ralph sends a telegram complaining to CCF after receiving money in his account? Why?
2. When Ralph recovers from his illness, what time of day does he visit Carter's find?
3. What is the square yardage of the area that Ralph orders his workers to stake out for trench digging?
4. The first day of the dig involves looking for signs of the tomb where?
5. What is the name of Margaret's Swedish nurse?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)