|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Howard Carter?
(a) A private investigator.
(b) A famous archaeologist.
(c) A book critic.
(d) A professor at Oxford.
2. In order to continue his work on the valley floor, Ralph needs what?
(a) More permits and equipment.
(b) More men and tools.
(c) More equipment and tools.
(d) More men and permits.
3. How does Ralph describe the estate he grew up on in his letter to Margaret?
(a) In disrepair.
4. Why does Ralph not have the heavy equipment needed to work on the second door?
(a) He cannot keep it safe.
(b) He cannot use it.
(c) He cannot afford it.
(d) He cannot keep it up.
5. What does Ralph want Margaret to publish as the last section of his first book?
(a) The Tomb Problem.
(b) The Tomb Question.
(c) The Tomb Paradox.
(d) The Tomb Solution.
6. While Ralph and Ahmed are eating supper, what do the other men do?
(a) Steal everything from the dig site.
(b) Smash the 4th, 5th and 6th doors.
(c) Fill up the dig site with sand.
(d) Smash the whole dig site.
7. When the search for evidence yields nothing conclusive, where does Ralph consider digging next?
(a) The canyon.
(b) Next to the river.
(c) The valley sides.
(d) The valley floor.
8. When they slide the second door enough for Ralph to get a look, what does he think he sees?
9. While continuing his search, Ahmed brings news that Carter uncovered what?
(a) A dresser.
(b) A chamber.
(c) A stair.
(d) A hole.
10. Before Ralph leaves to his villa, how many suits does he pick up from the tailor?
11. From what dynasty is King Atum-hadu?
(a) XIII Dynasty.
(b) XV Dynasty.
(c) XI Dynasty.
(d) XVI Dynasty.
12. Ralph visits Carter's dig and guesses that Carter uncovered what?
(a) A granary.
(b) A well.
(c) A home.
(d) A storage depot.
13. What is CCF's relationship to Margaret?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her suitor.
14. When Ralph recovers from his illness, what time of day does he visit Carter's find?
(a) In the daylight.
(b) At dusk.
(c) At dawn.
(d) At night.
15. What does Oxford not have?
(a) Record of Trilipush's classes.
(b) Record of Trilipush's attendance.
(c) Record of Trilipush's degree.
(d) Record of Trilipush's graduation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What circus was Paul Caldwell once part of?
2. According to Ferrell, the British government has no record of what?
3. What does Ralph do to the tomb of King Atum-hadu after his first expedition?
4. When Ralph tells CCF of the discovery of the empty room, what does CCF express?
5. What hotel does Ralph stay at in Cairo in October 1922?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)