|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Len and Sonia Nordquist from?
(b) New York.
2. Ahmed tells Ralph of his deep hatred for whom?
3. The floor of the first empty room slants in what direction?
4. When Ralph recovers from his illness, what time of day does he visit Carter's find?
(a) At dawn.
(b) At dusk.
(c) At night.
(d) In the daylight.
5. Where is Ralph when he writes the first letter to Margaret?
6. How does ter Breuggen fire Ralph?
(a) In a cable.
(b) In a telegram.
(c) In a telephone call.
(d) In a letter.
7. What do the investors in Ralph's first expedition have in common?
(a) They are wealthy men from trade and speculation.
(b) They are wealthy men from finance and medicine.
(c) They are wealthy men from politics and law.
(d) They are wealthy men from construction and finance.
8. What is the square yardage of the area that Ralph orders his workers to stake out for trench digging?
(a) 200 yard square.
(b) 150 yard square.
(c) 100 yard square.
(d) 250 yard square.
9. When Margaret writes to Ralph and Ferrell about Cornelius Macy, what does she tease Ralph about?
10. Ferrell believes that Ralph is what?
(a) A conman.
(b) A good scholar.
(c) A bad writer.
11. Ralph speculates that the empty room they first find was meant to do what?
(a) Ward off tomb robbers.
(b) Secure the location of the real tomb.
(c) Hide the real entrance.
(d) Serve as storage.
12. Who is Margaret Finneran?
(a) Ralph's estranged daughter.
(b) Ralph's estranged sister.
(c) Ralph's estranged fiancé.
(d) Ralph's estranged wife.
13. How is Ralph planning to travel down the Nile River to his field villa?
(a) By raft.
(b) By jeep.
(c) By boat.
(d) By camel.
14. Why does Ralph guard the tomb himself while the third door is being plastered?
(a) He doesn't trust the Egyptians.
(b) He doesn't trust Carter.
(c) He doesn't trust anyone.
(d) He doesn't trust his men.
15. With what does Ralph seal the tomb?
(a) Metal bars, plaster and a lock.
(b) A wooden door and a lock.
(c) Boards, rock and plaster.
(d) A gate and padlock.
Short Answer Questions
1. With the intention of greasing the bureaucratic skids, Ralph goes to the office of the Director General of what?
2. What is left out of all ancient Egyptian writing?
3. When a second worker gets hurt, where does Ralph send everyone for help?
4. According to Ralph, what was Margaret doing when she and Ralph first met?
5. What does Ferrell join to cash in on search fees for Davies' children?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)