|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ralph study that caused the village vicar to beat him?
(a) Egyptian theology.
(b) Egyptian history.
(c) Egyptian language.
(d) Egyptian writing.
2. What does Ralph see beyond the smooth stone removed from the cliff?
(a) Stone blocks.
(b) Stone flooring.
(c) Stone staircase.
(d) Stone bricks.
3. When Ferrell contacts Laurence Macy III, who is Ferrell asking about?
(a) Laurence's deceased wife.
(b) Laurence's deceased sister.
(c) Laurence's deceased cousin.
(d) Laurence's deceased aunt.
4. What does Ralph say is the problem with putting riches into a tomb?
(a) Getting them into the tomb to begin with.
(b) Loss of the riches.
(c) Aging of the riches.
(d) Theft of the riches.
5. After Ralph seals the tomb, he orders Ahmed to hire what?
(a) Smarter workers.
(b) Better workers.
(c) More equipment.
(d) White workers.
6. What does Terbroogan feel for Trilipush?
7. How heavy is the smooth stone removed from the cliff face?
(a) 1,500 pounds.
(b) 500 pounds.
(c) 2,000 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
8. What does Ralph do to the tomb of King Atum-hadu after his first expedition?
(a) Defames it.
(b) Publishes an article about it.
(c) Seals it.
(d) Makes a map of it.
9. What is the name of the man Ralph hires to be head of his excavation team?
10. What does Terbroogan think Trilipush's expedition to Egypt will be like?
(b) Good research material.
(d) A farce.
11. What job does Mr. Hoyt hold?
(a) Circus manager.
(b) Circus clown.
(c) Circus lion tamer.
(d) Circus act.
12. With what does Ralph seal the tomb?
(a) Metal bars, plaster and a lock.
(b) A wooden door and a lock.
(c) A gate and padlock.
(d) Boards, rock and plaster.
13. Why does Ralph think that Professor ter Breuggen resents him?
(a) For having Margaret in his life.
(b) For not giving Fragment C to the university.
(c) For the popularity of his book.
(d) For being able to go on a dig.
14. When Terbroogan takes Ferrell into Ralph's office, what is on his desk?
(a) A letter.
(c) A package.
(d) An artifact.
15. Why does Ralph think Margaret's letter is puzzling?
(a) It is short.
(b) It is written in French.
(c) It is long.
(d) It is written in Italian.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ralph orders Ahmed to purchase a gate and padlock, how many days does he give Ahmed to return to the tomb?
2. While continuing his search, Ahmed brings news that Carter uncovered what?
3. What did the Egyptian royalty do to their bodies to gain immortality?
4. According to Ferrell, the British government has no record of what?
5. Ralph's injury and what keep him away from the dig for three days?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)