|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What circus was Paul Caldwell once part of?
(a) Flipping Henter Brothers.
(b) Flipping Hullard Brothers.
(c) Flipping Howard Brothers.
(d) Flipping Hoyt Brothers.
2. When Ferrell contacts Laurence Macy III, who is Ferrell asking about?
(a) Laurence's deceased aunt.
(b) Laurence's deceased cousin.
(c) Laurence's deceased sister.
(d) Laurence's deceased wife.
3. How are the columns in the sixth room decorated?
(a) They are painted with scrolls.
(b) They are painted with pictures.
(c) They are painted red.
(d) They are unpainted.
4. What is the square yardage of the area that Ralph orders his workers to stake out for trench digging?
(a) 200 yard square.
(b) 250 yard square.
(c) 150 yard square.
(d) 100 yard square.
5. When Ralph picks up the telegram from CCF that promises the funds are going to be wired now that he has found the door, who else has sent him a letter?
6. Ralph visits Carter's dig and guesses that Carter uncovered what?
(a) A storage depot.
(b) A home.
(c) A well.
(d) A granary.
7. Where does the second door smash?
(a) In the first room.
(b) Outside in the valley.
(c) In the second room.
(d) Outside the cliff.
8. When did Paul Caldwell go missing?
(a) End of World War II.
(b) End of World War I.
(c) End of Egyptian-Syrian War.
(d) End of Australian Independence War.
9. When a second worker gets hurt, where does Ralph send everyone for help?
(a) To Cairo.
(b) To Carter's dig site.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) Into town.
10. How is Ralph planning to travel down the Nile River to his field villa?
(a) By jeep.
(b) By raft.
(c) By camel.
(d) By boat.
11. What does the smooth rock in the cliff face turn out to be?
(a) A stone box.
(b) A stone door.
(c) A stone crypt.
(d) A stone wall.
12. The first day of the dig involves marking the top of what for rope placements?
(a) The cliff.
(b) The tomb.
(c) The hill.
(d) The hole.
13. When Ralph orders Ahmed to purchase a gate and padlock, how many days does he give Ahmed to return to the tomb?
14. Ralph's injury and what keep him away from the dig for three days?
(b) Lack of funds.
15. How heavy is the smooth stone removed from the cliff face?
(a) 2,000 pounds.
(b) 1,500 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 500 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ralph speculates that the empty room they first find was meant to do what?
2. The first day of the dig involves looking for signs of the tomb where?
3. What does Ralph tell CCF when he asks for clarification on Ralph's Oxford studies?
4. According to Ferrell, the British government has no record of what?
5. What job does Mr. Hoyt hold?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)