|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man Ralph hires to be head of his excavation team?
2. Ralph picks what villa to live close to?
(a) The dig site.
(b) Carter's living place.
(c) The Pyramids.
(d) The worker's living place.
3. Why does Ralph think Margaret's letter is puzzling?
(a) It is long.
(b) It is written in French.
(c) It is short.
(d) It is written in Italian.
4. Margaret says that she wants to accompany Ralph on his next dig because she is what?
(a) Sad he is gone.
(b) Pining for him.
5. What does Oxford not have?
(a) Record of Trilipush's degree.
(b) Record of Trilipush's attendance.
(c) Record of Trilipush's graduation.
(d) Record of Trilipush's classes.
6. The first opening that Ralph lowers himself into is a ____, never touched by mankind.
(a) River hole.
(b) Rare hole.
(c) Well hole.
(d) Dry hole.
7. Ralph sends a telegram complaining to CCF after receiving money in his account? Why?
(a) Because he wants more money than they agreed upon.
(b) Because only a fraction of the money was sent.
(c) Because he wants Margaret with him.
(d) Because he wants Margaret to get medical attention.
8. Ferrell believes that Ralph is what?
(b) A good scholar.
(c) A bad writer.
(d) A conman.
9. While Ralph and Ahmed are eating supper, what do the other men do?
(a) Smash the whole dig site.
(b) Smash the 4th, 5th and 6th doors.
(c) Fill up the dig site with sand.
(d) Steal everything from the dig site.
10. Margaret gave Ralph a sculpture of what before he left?
(b) A tomb.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dragon.
11. The floor of the first empty room slants in what direction?
12. According to Farrell, what kind of addiction does Margaret have?
13. When the workers return from finding help for the second man, what do they bring for Ralph?
(a) A doctor.
14. When Ralph finds that the funds haven't gone through, where does he have lunch with his real estate agent?
(a) The Exclusive Club.
(b) The Excavator's Club.
(c) The Explorer's Club.
(d) The Excelsior Club.
15. On Monday, November 6, 1922, Ralph pays his workers and sends them home because he is what?
(a) Too ill at heart to work.
(b) Too sad about his firing to work.
(c) Too tired to work.
(d) Too sick to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Margaret Finneran?
2. Who does Ralph think that the third set of assassins killed in order to keep the tomb's location a secret?
3. What is in the third room?
4. Where is Ralph when he writes the first letter to Margaret?
5. Who is CCF?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)