|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man Ralph hires to be head of his excavation team?
2. Who is Margaret Finneran?
(a) Ralph's estranged wife.
(b) Ralph's estranged sister.
(c) Ralph's estranged daughter.
(d) Ralph's estranged fiancé.
3. What is CCF's relationship to Margaret?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her suitor.
(d) Her father.
4. While Ralph and Ahmed are eating supper, what do the other men do?
(a) Smash the 4th, 5th and 6th doors.
(b) Smash the whole dig site.
(c) Fill up the dig site with sand.
(d) Steal everything from the dig site.
5. From what dynasty is King Atum-hadu?
(a) XV Dynasty.
(b) XVI Dynasty.
(c) XIII Dynasty.
(d) XI Dynasty.
6. While continuing his search, Ahmed brings news that Carter uncovered what?
(a) A chamber.
(b) A stair.
(c) A dresser.
(d) A hole.
7. What does Terbroogan think Trilipush's expedition to Egypt will be like?
(c) A farce.
(d) Good research material.
8. What is the title of Ralph's book of poetry written by Atum-hadu?
(a) Desire and Deception in Ancient Egypt.
(b) Desire and Deceit in Ancient Egypt.
(c) Desire and Defection in Ancient Egypt.
(d) Desire and Power in Ancient Egypt.
9. When Ralph orders Ahmed to purchase a gate and padlock, how many days does he give Ahmed to return to the tomb?
10. Why does Ralph think Margaret's letter is puzzling?
(a) It is written in Italian.
(b) It is short.
(c) It is written in French.
(d) It is long.
11. Ferrell believes that Ralph is what?
(b) A good scholar.
(c) A bad writer.
(d) A conman.
12. When did Paul Caldwell go missing?
(a) End of Australian Independence War.
(b) End of World War I.
(c) End of Egyptian-Syrian War.
(d) End of World War II.
13. What does Ralph say is the problem with putting riches into a tomb?
(a) Loss of the riches.
(b) Theft of the riches.
(c) Aging of the riches.
(d) Getting them into the tomb to begin with.
14. Who is CCF?
(a) Chester Curtis Fennder.
(b) Chester Charles Finnegan.
(c) Chester Crawford Finneran.
(d) Chester Chaplain Franklin.
15. What hotel does Ralph stay at in Cairo in October 1922?
(a) Hotel of the Kings.
(b) Hotel of the Tombs.
(c) Hotel of the Sphinx.
(d) Hotel of Papyrus.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Terbroogan takes Ferrell into Ralph's office, what is on his desk?
2. When Ralph recovers from his illness, what time of day does he visit Carter's find?
3. According to Ralph, what was Margaret doing when she and Ralph first met?
4. What does Ferrell join to cash in on search fees for Davies' children?
5. What does Ralph see beyond the smooth stone removed from the cliff?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)