|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter/Journal 50 - 59.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ralph visits Carter's dig and guesses that Carter uncovered what?
(a) A home.
(b) A well.
(c) A granary.
(d) A storage depot.
2. Where did Barnabas Davies work in his youth?
(a) Merchant Navy.
(b) Coast Guard.
(c) Merchant Marines.
(d) Coastal Patrol.
3. Where does the second door smash?
(a) In the second room.
(b) Outside the cliff.
(c) In the first room.
(d) Outside in the valley.
4. Who is Margaret Finneran?
(a) Ralph's estranged wife.
(b) Ralph's estranged fiancé.
(c) Ralph's estranged daughter.
(d) Ralph's estranged sister.
5. When the search for evidence yields nothing conclusive, where does Ralph consider digging next?
(a) The canyon.
(b) Next to the river.
(c) The valley sides.
(d) The valley floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the cats outside Ralph's villa remind him of?
2. What does Ralph injure when the second door smashes?
3. Ralph speculates that the empty room they first find was meant to do what?
4. How does Ralph describe the estate he grew up on in his letter to Margaret?
5. What does Ralph say is the problem with putting riches into a tomb?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)