|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter/Journal 50 - 59.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it easy for Ralph and Ahmed to line up a few workers for their dig?
(a) Because Ralph is paying the workers well.
(b) Because the other major digs haven't started.
(c) Because Ahmed is well respected.
(d) Because the workers want to discover treasure.
2. What does Ralph tell CCF when he asks for clarification on Ralph's Oxford studies?
(a) A geographic description of Oxford.
(b) A listing of his professors at Oxford.
(c) A description of his classes at Oxford.
(d) A description of his dorm at Oxford.
3. What does Ralph do to the tomb of King Atum-hadu after his first expedition?
(a) Seals it.
(b) Publishes an article about it.
(c) Makes a map of it.
(d) Defames it.
4. What hotel does Ralph stay at in Cairo in October 1922?
(a) Hotel of Papyrus.
(b) Hotel of the Sphinx.
(c) Hotel of the Tombs.
(d) Hotel of the Kings.
5. When Ferrell contacts Laurence Macy III, who is Ferrell asking about?
(a) Laurence's deceased sister.
(b) Laurence's deceased cousin.
(c) Laurence's deceased aunt.
(d) Laurence's deceased wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since Ralph believes he will soon be receiving money by wire, who does he give money to?
2. When Ralph finds that the funds haven't gone through, where does he have lunch with his real estate agent?
3. What does Ralph lower past the smooth stone once they remove it from the cliff face?
4. When they slide the second door enough for Ralph to get a look, what does he think he sees?
5. What is the name of Margaret's Swedish nurse?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)