|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter/Journal 50 - 59.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Margaret say she will go if she cannot accompany Ralph on his next dig?
2. What did Ralph study that caused the village vicar to beat him?
(a) Egyptian history.
(b) Egyptian theology.
(c) Egyptian writing.
(d) Egyptian language.
3. What did the Egyptian royalty do to their bodies to gain immortality?
(a) Burn them.
(b) Preserve them.
(c) Float them on boats.
(d) Sink them in water.
4. What was Ralph doing on stage when he and Margaret first met?
(a) Giving a talk about his first expedition.
(b) Giving a talk about Egypt.
(c) Giving a talk about his first book.
(d) Giving a talk about his research.
5. The first opening that Ralph lowers himself into is a ____, never touched by mankind.
(a) River hole.
(b) Rare hole.
(c) Dry hole.
(d) Well hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the problem Ralph has with transporting heavy equipment to his site?
2. Margaret says that she wants to accompany Ralph on his next dig because she is what?
3. What color is the smooth rock that one of the workers finds in the cliff face?
4. What is the name of the man Ralph hires to be head of his excavation team?
5. Where is Ralph when he writes the first letter to Margaret?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)