|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter/Journal 40 - 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to continue his work on the valley floor, Ralph needs what?
(a) More men and permits.
(b) More men and tools.
(c) More permits and equipment.
(d) More equipment and tools.
2. Ralph visits Carter's dig and guesses that Carter uncovered what?
(a) A storage depot.
(b) A granary.
(c) A home.
(d) A well.
3. What color is the smooth rock that one of the workers finds in the cliff face?
4. Margaret says that she wants to accompany Ralph on his next dig because she is what?
(a) Sad he is gone.
(d) Pining for him.
5. When the search for evidence yields nothing conclusive, where does Ralph consider digging next?
(a) Next to the river.
(b) The valley floor.
(c) The canyon.
(d) The valley sides.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ferrell believes that Ralph is what?
2. What is the tone of the message Ralph receives from ter Breuggen?
3. Why does Ralph think Margaret's letter is puzzling?
4. Why does Ralph have to take a route to his dig site that will keep him out of sight?
5. When Margaret writes to Ralph about her dream of their first child, what does the first child say?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)