|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter/Journal 40 - 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ralph think that Professor ter Breuggen resents him?
(a) For being able to go on a dig.
(b) For not giving Fragment C to the university.
(c) For the popularity of his book.
(d) For having Margaret in his life.
2. What is the title of Ralph's book of poetry written by Atum-hadu?
(a) Desire and Deception in Ancient Egypt.
(b) Desire and Deceit in Ancient Egypt.
(c) Desire and Power in Ancient Egypt.
(d) Desire and Defection in Ancient Egypt.
3. When Margaret writes to Ralph and Ferrell about Cornelius Macy, what does she tease Ralph about?
4. What do the investors in Ralph's first expedition have in common?
(a) They are wealthy men from finance and medicine.
(b) They are wealthy men from politics and law.
(c) They are wealthy men from trade and speculation.
(d) They are wealthy men from construction and finance.
5. According to Farrell, where does Margaret like to party?
(a) At a disco.
(b) At a club.
(c) At a bar.
(d) At a speakeasy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ralph study that caused the village vicar to beat him?
2. Ralph speculates that the empty room they first find was meant to do what?
3. When the search for evidence yields nothing conclusive, where does Ralph consider digging next?
4. When Ralph picks up the telegram from CCF that promises the funds are going to be wired now that he has found the door, who else has sent him a letter?
5. Why does Ralph have to take a route to his dig site that will keep him out of sight?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)