|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter/Journal 40 - 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ralph recovers from his illness, what time of day does he visit Carter's find?
(a) At dawn.
(b) In the daylight.
(c) At night.
(d) At dusk.
2. Why does Ralph think Margaret's letter is puzzling?
(a) It is written in Italian.
(b) It is short.
(c) It is long.
(d) It is written in French.
3. When did Paul Caldwell go missing?
(a) End of Australian Independence War.
(b) End of World War II.
(c) End of Egyptian-Syrian War.
(d) End of World War I.
4. What does the smooth rock in the cliff face turn out to be?
(a) A stone box.
(b) A stone wall.
(c) A stone crypt.
(d) A stone door.
5. Why does Ralph have to take a route to his dig site that will keep him out of sight?
(a) He doesn't have official approval to dig.
(b) He doesn't have the money to dig.
(c) He doesn't want Carter to see him go to the dig site.
(d) He doesn't want anyone else to dig where he is digging.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since Ralph believes he will soon be receiving money by wire, who does he give money to?
2. Ralph believes that Michel Vassal translated Atum-hadu's poetry to please whom?
3. What is the square yardage of the area that Ralph orders his workers to stake out for trench digging?
4. When Margaret writes to Ralph about her dream of their first child, what does the first child say?
5. What hotel does Ralph stay at in Cairo in October 1922?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)