|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter/Journal 20 - 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ralph doing on stage when he and Margaret first met?
(a) Giving a talk about his first expedition.
(b) Giving a talk about his research.
(c) Giving a talk about Egypt.
(d) Giving a talk about his first book.
2. Why does Ralph think Margaret's letter is puzzling?
(a) It is long.
(b) It is short.
(c) It is written in Italian.
(d) It is written in French.
3. Why does Ralph think that Professor ter Breuggen resents him?
(a) For being able to go on a dig.
(b) For the popularity of his book.
(c) For not giving Fragment C to the university.
(d) For having Margaret in his life.
4. Who is Howard Carter?
(a) A private investigator.
(b) A famous archaeologist.
(c) A book critic.
(d) A professor at Oxford.
5. With the intention of greasing the bureaucratic skids, Ralph goes to the office of the Director General of what?
(a) The Permits and Regulations Office.
(b) The Lands Commission.
(c) The Antiquities Service.
(d) The Inspector General.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Barnabas Davies work in his youth?
2. According to Ralph, what was Margaret doing when she and Ralph first met?
3. When Ralph has to leave Fragment C in Egypt, who does he leave it with?
4. What does Ralph want Margaret to publish as the last section of his first book?
5. Where are Len and Sonia Nordquist from?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)