|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter/Journal 80 - 89.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ralph think that Professor ter Breuggen resents him?
(a) For being able to go on a dig.
(b) For not giving Fragment C to the university.
(c) For the popularity of his book.
(d) For having Margaret in his life.
2. What does Ralph insist on doing to the third door before attempting to open it?
(a) Photograph it.
(b) Surface rub it.
(c) Draw it.
(d) Plaster it.
3. What is the title of Ralph's book of poetry written by Atum-hadu?
(a) Desire and Power in Ancient Egypt.
(b) Desire and Defection in Ancient Egypt.
(c) Desire and Deception in Ancient Egypt.
(d) Desire and Deceit in Ancient Egypt.
4. Why does Ralph guard the tomb himself while the third door is being plastered?
(a) He doesn't trust anyone.
(b) He doesn't trust his men.
(c) He doesn't trust Carter.
(d) He doesn't trust the Egyptians.
5. Who is Howard Carter?
(a) A private investigator.
(b) A book critic.
(c) A professor at Oxford.
(d) A famous archaeologist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Ralph planning to travel down the Nile River to his field villa?
2. According to Farrell, what kind of addiction does Margaret have?
3. While Ralph and Ahmed are eating supper, what do the other men do?
4. What is the name of the man Ralph hires to be head of his excavation team?
5. When Ralph returns to the dig after three days, what are the workers hitting the third door with?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)