|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emily act disinterested in the masturbation studio?
2. Who does Tony receive a call from during the reception after Sarah's funeral?
3. Why does Emily's refuse Sarah's question in Part 3: Chapter 1?
4. Who does Emily receive a phone call from at the end of Part 2: Chapter 3?
5. When do Emily and Howard visit Sarah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Emily call Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
2. What does Emily do concerning her suspicions concerning Sarah's death?
3. What happens as a result of Emily's refusal to help Sarah when she considers leaving Tony?
4. What does Emily learn about Sarah in Part 2: Chapter 4?
5. Describe the party that Emily attends thrown by a friend in Part 3: Chapter 3.
6. What happens with Emily and Howard's relationship at the end of Part 3: Chapter 2?
7. What happens at Sarah's funeral and reception?
8. Who is Howard Dunninger?
9. Who is Michael Hogan?
10. Why does Emily refuse to help Sarah when she thinks about leaving Tony?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the Easter Parade Sarah and Tony attend in Part 1? Discuss it's context in relation to the rest of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Emily places importance on her love life. Discuss Emily's romantic interludes, making sure to focus on one or two of her lovers in particular. What are her suitors like? Why is Emily so unlucky in love?
Essay Topic 3
What are the family dynamics in The Easter Parade? Compare family life from the beginning of the text to the end. Compare the Grimes family to the Wilson family.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)