|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Peter pick Emily up in Part 3: Chapter 3?
2. How do Emily and Sarah plan to pay for a big expense in Part 2: Chapter 4?
3. Where does Peter take Emily in Part 3: Chapter 2?
4. How do critics respond to Jack's latest book in Part 2: Chapter 4?
5. Who is Emily having these conversations with in Part 3: Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Peter's reaction to Emily's outburst in the car on the way to his house?
2. Do you agree with Emily that Tony killed Sarah or do you disagree?
3. What does Emily do concerning her suspicions concerning Sarah's death?
4. What does it say about Emily that she is committed to Howard Dunninger?
5. Discuss Emily's feelings of loneliness in Part 3: Chapter 3.
6. Describe the party that Emily attends thrown by a friend in Part 3: Chapter 3.
7. Discuss Emily's reaction to the masturbation studio.
8. What happens with Emily and Howard's relationship at the end of Part 3: Chapter 2?
9. Why does it appear that this relationship between Howard and Emily will not work?
10. What does Emily learn about Sarah in Part 2: Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Death is an inevitable part of life for the Grimes family and several funerals are attended over the course of the novel. Discuss death in the novel, focusing not only on the literal meaning.
Essay Topic 2
Who is your favorite character? Why do you like this character? Use at least three examples from the text. Who is your least favorite character? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Several characters in The Easter Parade are writers. What are their attitudes towards writing? Are they successful as writers? Do they share any of the same traits? Discuss writers as characters.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)