|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peter doing with his life in Part 3: Chapter 3?
2. How old is Emily in Chapter 2 of Part 3?
3. How can Sarah be described at the end of Part 3: Chapter 1?
4. How does Emily react internally to the masturbation studio?
5. What does Emily discover about Howard's business trips?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Michael Hogan?
2. What does Emily do to help Sarah in Part 2: Chapter 4?
3. What happens with Emily and Howard's relationship at the end of Part 3: Chapter 2?
4. Discuss Emily's reaction to the masturbation studio.
5. What is happening career-wise for Emily in Part 3: Chapter 3?
6. Why does Emily refuse to help Sarah when she thinks about leaving Tony?
7. What does Emily do concerning her suspicions concerning Sarah's death?
8. What does Emily learn about Sarah in Part 2: Chapter 4?
9. Why does Emily suddenly remember what happened the night of the party?
10. Who is Howard Dunninger?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Abuse plays a major role in The Easter Parade. Discuss abuse in the novel, looking at both emotional and physical. Choose one character and explore how abuse has shaped his or her life.
Essay Topic 2
Who is your favorite character? Why do you like this character? Use at least three examples from the text. Who is your least favorite character? Why?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the Easter Parade Sarah and Tony attend in Part 1? Discuss it's context in relation to the rest of the novel.
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)