|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Emily receive a phone call from at the end of Part 2: Chapter 3?
2. Who does Emily attend the second funeral of Part 3: Chapter 2 for?
3. How can Sarah be described at the end of Part 3: Chapter 1?
4. Why does Emily yell at Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
5. What is believed to be the cause of Pookie's illness in Part 2: Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as a result of Emily's refusal to help Sarah when she considers leaving Tony?
2. Who is Michael Hogan?
3. What happens with Emily and Howard's relationship at the end of Part 3: Chapter 2?
4. What happens at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
5. What does Emily do to help Sarah in Part 2: Chapter 4?
6. Why does Emily suddenly remember what happened the night of the party?
7. Describe the party that Emily attends thrown by a friend in Part 3: Chapter 3.
8. Why is Pookie hospitalized?
9. Why does it appear that this relationship between Howard and Emily will not work?
10. Why does Sarah call Emily in Part 2: Chapter 3? What does Emily do as a result of this call?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As a child, Emily feels inadequate compared to Sarah. How does this feeling of inadequacy extend into adulthood? What can be said for sibling rivalry in The Easter Parade?
Essay Topic 2
Abuse plays a major role in The Easter Parade. Discuss abuse in the novel, looking at both emotional and physical. Choose one character and explore how abuse has shaped his or her life.
Essay Topic 3
How are male characters portrayed in The Easter Parade? Compare two to three male characters to the female characters in the novel.
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)