|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily threaten to do when they arrive at Peter's house in Part 3: Chapter 3?
2. What has Emily been told is the cause of Sarah's death?
3. Where does Howard Dunninger go on frequent business trips?
4. What happens with Emily's job in Part 2: Chapter 4?
5. Why does Emily claim that she uses this topic as a conversation piece in Part 3: Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Peter's reaction to Emily's outburst in the car on the way to his house?
2. Discuss Emily's reaction to the masturbation studio.
3. What does Emily learn about Sarah in Part 2: Chapter 4?
4. Why does it appear that this relationship between Howard and Emily will not work?
5. Why does Emily refuse to help Sarah when she thinks about leaving Tony?
6. How does Emily compare herself to Peter?
7. Would you say that Sarah is happy in Part 2 of the novel?
8. What does Emily do to help Sarah in Part 2: Chapter 4?
9. What does it say about Emily that she is committed to Howard Dunninger?
10. Why does Sarah call Emily in Part 2: Chapter 3? What does Emily do as a result of this call?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Emily is an optimistic character. Even though her parents are divorced, she remains hopeful that they will get back together. What does this hopefulness do for her? Does she retain this optimism for her entire life? Select no less than two scenes that exhibit hopefulness and her optimism.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the Easter Parade Sarah and Tony attend in Part 1? Discuss it's context in relation to the rest of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Do you believe that Tony killed Sarah? First, explain the circumstances leading up to Sarah's death and what happened after her death.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)