Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the youngest of Sarah and Tony's children?
2. What happens with Emily's article in Part 3: Chapter 3?
3. What has Emily been told is the cause of Sarah's death?
4. Who does Emily receive a phone call from at the end of Part 2: Chapter 3?
5. What does Emily try to remember at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
Essay Topic 1
Alcohol plays a major role in The Easter Parade, causing fighting and injuries, hurting people, and inhibiting successful lives. Choose one character from the text and discuss how alcohol has impacted his or her life.
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the novel, Emily visits Peter, who relays to her that Sarah saw Emily as the one who got her freedom. At what cost does this freedom come? Explain the concept of freedom in The Easter Parade and show whether or not Emily achieved the freedom her generation desired.
Essay Topic 3
Abuse plays a major role in The Easter Parade. Discuss abuse in the novel, looking at both emotional and physical. Choose one character and explore how abuse has shaped his or her life.
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)