|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emily back away from Howard Dunninger?
2. What is Emily fearful of in Part 3: Chapter1?
3. What is Emily's job in Part 3: Chapter 1?
4. What does Emily try to write an article about in Part 3: Chapter 3?
5. Who does Emily think Sarah resembles in Part 3: Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Sarah and Tony's sons doing in Part 3: Chapter 1?
2. Describe the party that Emily attends thrown by a friend in Part 3: Chapter 3.
3. What does Emily do to help Sarah in Part 2: Chapter 4?
4. Why is Pookie hospitalized?
5. What does Emily learn about Sarah in Part 2: Chapter 4?
6. Why does Sarah call Emily in Part 2: Chapter 3? What does Emily do as a result of this call?
7. What is Peter's reaction to Emily's outburst in the car on the way to his house?
8. Who is Howard Dunninger?
9. What does Emily do concerning her suspicions concerning Sarah's death?
10. How does Emily compare herself to Peter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the characters of Emily and Sarah.
Essay Topic 2
Is place important? Emily begins in Tenafly, NY in the 1930s and moves throughout the novel. On the other hand, Sarah remains fairly stagnant, even avoiding going to Montana because of distance. Discuss movement, traveling, and the fear of leaving in The Easter Parade.
Essay Topic 3
Do you believe that Tony killed Sarah? First, explain the circumstances leading up to Sarah's death and what happened after her death.
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)