|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Howard's mood like when he returns from his trip in Part 3: Chapter 2?
2. Where does Howard travel to in Part 3: Chapter 2?
3. What does Emily threaten to do when they arrive at Peter's house in Part 3: Chapter 3?
4. Why does Sarah call Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
5. Who does Emily think Sarah resembles in Part 3: Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the family dynamics in The Easter Parade? Compare family life from the beginning of the text to the end. Compare the Grimes family to the Wilson family.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss time. Yates starts in Tenafly, NY in the 1930s and travels decades over the course of the novel. The novel, just over 200 pages, spans nearly the entirety of Emily and Sarah's lives. Which parts could have been sped up? Slowed down?
Essay Topic 3
Several characters in The Easter Parade are writers. What are their attitudes towards writing? Are they successful as writers? Do they share any of the same traits? Discuss writers as characters.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)