|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a phone call Emily receives in Part 2: Chapter 3 prompt Emily to do?
2. Why is Sarah in the hospital in Part 3: Chapter 1?
3. What does Emily learn in this phone call she receives in Part 2: Chapter 3?
4. What does Emily try to write an article about in Part 3: Chapter 3?
5. What can Tony's mood be described as after Sarah's funeral?
Essay Topic 1
Abuse plays a major role in The Easter Parade. Discuss abuse in the novel, looking at both emotional and physical. Choose one character and explore how abuse has shaped his or her life.
Essay Topic 2
Who is your favorite character? Why do you like this character? Use at least three examples from the text. Who is your least favorite character? Why?
Essay Topic 3
How does Emily change throughout the novel? Cite two to three examples to argue your point. If you believe she does not change, how so?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)