|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily do about her suspicions concerning her sister's death?
2. What has Emily been told is the cause of Sarah's death?
3. How do Emily and Sarah plan to pay for a big expense in Part 2: Chapter 4?
4. Why is Sarah apprehensive about this plan for a big expense in Part 2: Chapter 4?
5. Who does Emily receive a phone call from at the end of Part 2: Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Pookie hospitalized?
2. What does Emily learn about Sarah in Part 2: Chapter 4?
3. What does it say about Emily that she is committed to Howard Dunninger?
4. Discuss Emily's reaction to the masturbation studio.
5. How does Emily compare herself to Peter?
6. What are Sarah and Tony's sons doing in Part 3: Chapter 1?
7. What happens with Emily and Howard's relationship at the end of Part 3: Chapter 2?
8. Who is Howard Dunninger?
9. Why does it appear that this relationship between Howard and Emily will not work?
10. What happens at Sarah's funeral and reception?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Abuse plays a major role in The Easter Parade. Discuss abuse in the novel, looking at both emotional and physical. Choose one character and explore how abuse has shaped his or her life.
Essay Topic 2
Choose either Sarah or Emily and examine her relationship with Pookie. Is their relationship stereotypical of a mother/daughter relationship? If not, how does it differ?
Essay Topic 3
Several characters in The Easter Parade are writers. What are their attitudes towards writing? Are they successful as writers? Do they share any of the same traits? Discuss writers as characters.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)