|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sarah call Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
2. What happens with Emily's job in Part 2: Chapter 4?
3. What does Emily demand to know from Peter on the drive in Part 3: Chapter 3?
4. Who is Emily having these conversations with in Part 3: Chapter 1?
5. What happens with Emily's article in Part 3: Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Howard Dunninger?
2. Describe the party that Emily attends thrown by a friend in Part 3: Chapter 3.
3. Who is Michael Hogan?
4. What does Emily do concerning her suspicions concerning Sarah's death?
5. What is Peter's reaction to Emily's outburst in the car on the way to his house?
6. What happens as a result of Emily's refusal to help Sarah when she considers leaving Tony?
7. What happens with Emily and Howard's relationship at the end of Part 3: Chapter 2?
8. Discuss Emily's reaction to the masturbation studio.
9. How does Emily compare herself to Peter?
10. Do you consider Emily to be successful in Part 2: Chapters 3 and 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The opening of the novel reads, "Neither of the Grimes sister would have a happy life, and looking back it always seemed that the trouble began with their parents' divorce." Discuss the opening line in relation to the entirety of the novel. How does this first line set up the tone for the novel? What is meant by having a "happy life"?
Essay Topic 2
As a child, Emily feels inadequate compared to Sarah. How does this feeling of inadequacy extend into adulthood? What can be said for sibling rivalry in The Easter Parade?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the Easter Parade Sarah and Tony attend in Part 1? Discuss it's context in relation to the rest of the novel.
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)