|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Tony Jr. in Part 3: Chapter 1?
2. What do Emily and Sarah do the night of going to the hospital in Part 2: Chapter 3?
3. Where does Howard Dunninger go on frequent business trips?
4. What do Emily and Sarah do at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 4?
5. Who calls Emily on the phone in Part 2: Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Emily compare herself to Peter?
2. Would you say that Sarah is happy in Part 2 of the novel?
3. Why does Sarah call Emily in Part 2: Chapter 3? What does Emily do as a result of this call?
4. Discuss Emily's feelings of loneliness in Part 3: Chapter 3.
5. Why do you think that Emily tells her lovers about her sister's misfortunes?
6. What does Tony do after Sarah's funeral?
7. What happens with Emily and Howard's relationship at the end of Part 3: Chapter 2?
8. Do you agree with Emily that Tony killed Sarah or do you disagree?
9. Why does Emily call Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
10. What happens at Sarah's funeral and reception?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are male characters portrayed in The Easter Parade? Compare two to three male characters to the female characters in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Emily is an optimistic character. Even though her parents are divorced, she remains hopeful that they will get back together. What does this hopefulness do for her? Does she retain this optimism for her entire life? Select no less than two scenes that exhibit hopefulness and her optimism.
Essay Topic 3
Alcohol plays a major role in The Easter Parade, causing fighting and injuries, hurting people, and inhibiting successful lives. Choose one character from the text and discuss how alcohol has impacted his or her life.
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)