|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Emily been told is the cause of Sarah's death?
2. What does Emily try to write an article about in Part 3: Chapter 3?
3. What does Emily learn in this phone call she receives in Part 2: Chapter 3?
4. What does Sarah ultimately decide to do at the end of Part 2: Chapter 4?
5. How does Emily feel compared to Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you agree with Emily that Tony killed Sarah or do you disagree?
2. Why does Emily refuse to help Sarah when she thinks about leaving Tony?
3. Who is Howard Dunninger?
4. Why does Emily suddenly remember what happened the night of the party?
5. What happens at Sarah's funeral and reception?
6. What happens with Emily and Howard's relationship at the end of Part 3: Chapter 2?
7. Discuss Emily's feelings of loneliness in Part 3: Chapter 3.
8. What is Peter's reaction to Emily's outburst in the car on the way to his house?
9. Why is Pookie hospitalized?
10. What does Emily do concerning her suspicions concerning Sarah's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The opening of the novel reads, "Neither of the Grimes sister would have a happy life, and looking back it always seemed that the trouble began with their parents' divorce." Discuss the opening line in relation to the entirety of the novel. How does this first line set up the tone for the novel? What is meant by having a "happy life"?
Essay Topic 2
How are male characters portrayed in The Easter Parade? Compare two to three male characters to the female characters in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Abuse plays a major role in The Easter Parade. Discuss abuse in the novel, looking at both emotional and physical. Choose one character and explore how abuse has shaped his or her life.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)