|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Emily work in Part 2: Chapters 3-4?
2. What does Howard Dunninger make clear to Emily?
3. What kind of studio does the neighbor of the party host run in Part 3: Chapter 3?
4. Where does Peter pick Emily up in Part 3: Chapter 3?
5. What is Eric doing in Part 3: Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emily do concerning her suspicions concerning Sarah's death?
2. Who is Howard Dunninger?
3. Why does Sarah call Emily in Part 2: Chapter 3? What does Emily do as a result of this call?
4. What does it say about Emily that she is committed to Howard Dunninger?
5. What does Tony do after Sarah's funeral?
6. Why do you think that Emily tells her lovers about her sister's misfortunes?
7. Do you consider Emily to be successful in Part 2: Chapters 3 and 4?
8. Would you say that Sarah is happy in Part 2 of the novel?
9. Discuss Emily's feelings of loneliness in Part 3: Chapter 3.
10. Discuss Emily's reaction to the masturbation studio.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the novel, Emily visits Peter, who relays to her that Sarah saw Emily as the one who got her freedom. At what cost does this freedom come? Explain the concept of freedom in The Easter Parade and show whether or not Emily achieved the freedom her generation desired.
Essay Topic 2
Several characters in The Easter Parade are writers. What are their attitudes towards writing? Are they successful as writers? Do they share any of the same traits? Discuss writers as characters.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Emily and Sarah.
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)