Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of company does Emily work for?
2. Whom does Emily get a letter from in Part 2: Chapter 2?
3. What does Emily learn about Jack's past?
4. Where is Sarah's scar located?
5. What does Emily explain to the neighborhood children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sarah trying to write a book about?
2. Is there a rivalry between the two Grimes sisters?
3. In Part 1: Chapter 3, in what ways does it become clear to the reader that Emily is now the narrating character?
4. What is happening career-wise for Emily in Part 3: Chapter 3?
5. What happens as a result of Emily's refusal to help Sarah when she considers leaving Tony?
6. Why does Emily suddenly remember what happened the night of the party?
7. Why does Sarah call Emily in Part 2: Chapter 3? What does Emily do as a result of this call?
8. Describe Andrew and Emily's relationship in Part 1: Chapter 4.
9. Why is divorce a subject of Part 1: Chapters 1-2?
10. Describe Pookie and Emily's visit to the country cottage where Sarah lives in Part 1: Chapter 3.
Essay Topic 1
Who is your favorite character? Why do you like this character? Use at least three examples from the text. Who is your least favorite character? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe that Tony killed Sarah? First, explain the circumstances leading up to Sarah's death and what happened after her death.
Essay Topic 3
What are the family dynamics in The Easter Parade? Compare family life from the beginning of the text to the end. Compare the Grimes family to the Wilson family.
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)