|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Jack and Emily visit in Part 2: Chapter 1?
2. How does Emily get home from school?
3. In what season does Jack decide to take Emily on a trip?
4. What happens to Emily at the beginning of Part 2?
5. How many children does Sarah have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does it appear that this relationship between Howard and Emily will not work?
2. Why is Pookie hospitalized?
3. Discuss Emily's reaction to the masturbation studio.
4. Why is divorce a subject of Part 1: Chapters 1-2?
5. How can all of the writers as characters be described in Part 2: Chapter 2?
6. What does Emily learn about Sarah in Part 2: Chapter 4?
7. There are several references to alcohol and alcoholism in Part 1: Chapters 3 and 4. What are some of those references?
8. Do you consider Emily to be successful in Part 2: Chapters 3 and 4?
9. What happens at Sarah's funeral and reception?
10. How does Sarah injure herself in Part 1: Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alcohol plays a major role in The Easter Parade, causing fighting and injuries, hurting people, and inhibiting successful lives. Choose one character from the text and discuss how alcohol has impacted his or her life.
Essay Topic 2
Abuse plays a major role in The Easter Parade. Discuss abuse in the novel, looking at both emotional and physical. Choose one character and explore how abuse has shaped his or her life.
Essay Topic 3
As a child, Emily feels inadequate compared to Sarah. How does this feeling of inadequacy extend into adulthood? What can be said for sibling rivalry in The Easter Parade?
This section contains 1,281 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)