|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first character mentioned in The Easter Parade?
2. What does Jack ask Emily to do in Part 2: Chapter 1?
3. Why does Sarah begin going into the city once a week?
4. Who do Jack and Emily visit in Part 2: Chapter 1?
5. What happens to Andrew and Emily at the end of Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 1: Chapter 2, why is Emily scolded for being childish?
2. What happens for Emily in the year break Andrew takes from their relationship?
3. Describe what happens when Emily and Jack visit Sarah and her family.
4. What are the negative effects of choosing an authorial voice versus a character as narrator?
5. Why is Emily disappointed with the trip she and Jack take to Europe?
6. What is Sarah trying to write a book about?
7. Describe Pookie and Emily's visit to the country cottage where Sarah lives in Part 1: Chapter 3.
8. In Part 1: Chapter 3, in what ways does it become clear to the reader that Emily is now the narrating character?
9. What does Emily learn in a letter from Sarah?
10. Why is Emily disappointed with Jack after they move to a new place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you believe that Tony killed Sarah? First, explain the circumstances leading up to Sarah's death and what happened after her death.
Essay Topic 2
Choose either Sarah or Emily and examine her relationship with Pookie. Is their relationship stereotypical of a mother/daughter relationship? If not, how does it differ?
Essay Topic 3
Emily is an optimistic character. Even though her parents are divorced, she remains hopeful that they will get back together. What does this hopefulness do for her? Does she retain this optimism for her entire life? Select no less than two scenes that exhibit hopefulness and her optimism.
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)