Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of company does Emily work for?
2. Whom does Emily get a letter from in Part 2: Chapter 2?
3. What does Emily learn about Jack's past?
4. Where is Sarah's scar located?
5. What does Emily explain to the neighborhood children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sarah trying to write a book about?
2. Is there a rivalry between the two Grimes sisters?
3. In Part 1: Chapter 3, in what ways does it become clear to the reader that Emily is now the narrating character?
4. What is happening career-wise for Emily in Part 3: Chapter 3?
5. What happens as a result of Emily's refusal to help Sarah when she considers leaving Tony?
6. Why does Emily suddenly remember what happened the night of the party?
7. Why does Sarah call Emily in Part 2: Chapter 3? What does Emily do as a result of this call?
8. Describe Andrew and Emily's relationship in Part 1: Chapter 4.
9. Why is divorce a subject of Part 1: Chapters 1-2?
10. Describe Pookie and Emily's visit to the country cottage where Sarah lives in Part 1: Chapter 3.
At the end of the novel, Emily visits Peter, who relays to her that Sarah saw Emily as the one who got her freedom. At what cost does this freedom come? Explain the concept of freedom in The Easter Parade and show whether or not Emily achieved the freedom her generation desired.
Several characters in The Easter Parade are writers. What are their attitudes towards writing? Are they successful as writers? Do they share any of the same traits? Discuss writers as characters.
As a child, Emily feels inadequate compared to Sarah. How does this feeling of inadequacy extend into adulthood? What can be said for sibling rivalry in The Easter Parade?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)