|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Emily worried at her father's funeral?
2. What does Jack ask Emily to do in Part 2: Chapter 1?
3. Why did Jack Flanders leave his old profession?
4. Whom does the space that Pookie moves to belong to?
5. What does Emily begin doing in the afternoons in Part 2: Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 1: Chapters 1 through 2, what are the differences between Emily and Sarah?
2. Is there a rivalry between the two Grimes sisters?
3. How can all of the writers as characters be described in Part 2: Chapter 2?
4. Why are the first two chapters of Part 1 of The Easter Parade told in an authorial voice versus a character serving as the narrator?
5. In Part 1: Chapter 4, the differences between Emily and Sarah become more apparent. Describe those differences.
6. Why is Emily disappointed with the trip she and Jack take to Europe?
7. In Part 1: Chapter 3, Emily decides to go to a movie alone. What happens instead?
8. What is Sarah trying to write a book about?
9. What happens for Emily in the year break Andrew takes from their relationship?
10. Discuss what happens with Jack and his poetry in Part 2: Chapter 2.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Emily change throughout the novel? Cite two to three examples to argue your point. If you believe she does not change, how so?
Essay Topic 2
Who is your favorite character? Why do you like this character? Use at least three examples from the text. Who is your least favorite character? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Abuse plays a major role in The Easter Parade. Discuss abuse in the novel, looking at both emotional and physical. Choose one character and explore how abuse has shaped his or her life.
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)