|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At which school is Jack invited to teach at?
2. What type of company does Emily work for?
3. What happens prior to Emily's decision to divorce her husband?
4. What does Emily remain hopeful about, prompted by a overheard conversation between her parents?
5. Who does Pookie flirt with at Sarah and Tony's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Andrew and Emily's relationship in Part 1: Chapter 4.
2. What happens for Emily in the year break Andrew takes from their relationship?
3. Describe Pookie and Emily's visit to the country cottage where Sarah lives in Part 1: Chapter 3.
4. Why is Emily disappointed with the trip she and Jack take to Europe?
5. In Part 1: Chapter 2, why does Sarah's father, Walter Grimes, disapprove of his daughter's engagement?
6. Describe what happens when Emily and Jack visit Sarah and her family.
7. Describe Emily and Sarah's relationship in Part 2: Chapter 1.
8. What is Sarah trying to write a book about?
9. Why is Emily's success with her career and work ethic impressive?
10. What does Tony think of Sarah's writing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the family dynamics in The Easter Parade? Compare family life from the beginning of the text to the end. Compare the Grimes family to the Wilson family.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the Easter Parade Sarah and Tony attend in Part 1? Discuss it's context in relation to the rest of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
How does Emily change throughout the novel? Cite two to three examples to argue your point. If you believe she does not change, how so?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)