|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah explain to Emily in Part 1:Chapter 2 when they are eating Popsicles?
2. Who is Andrew Crawford?
3. Where does Emily's father take her to celebrate the news of the scholarship?
4. What does Emily decide to do when she and Jack return home from their trip?
5. In Part 1: Chapter 1, where do Emily and Sarah go to visit their father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when Emily and Jack visit Sarah and her family.
2. What is Sarah trying to write a book about?
3. Describe Jack and Emily's relationship.
4. How does Sarah injure herself in Part 1: Chapter 1?
5. Why is Emily's success with her career and work ethic impressive?
6. In Part 1: Chapter 2, why is Emily scolded for being childish?
7. What happens for Emily in the year break Andrew takes from their relationship?
8. What happens career-wise for Emily in Part 2: Chapter 1?
9. What does Emily learn in a letter from Sarah?
10. Describe Emily and Sarah's relationship in Part 2: Chapter 1.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Emily is an optimistic character. Even though her parents are divorced, she remains hopeful that they will get back together. What does this hopefulness do for her? Does she retain this optimism for her entire life? Select no less than two scenes that exhibit hopefulness and her optimism.
Essay Topic 2
As a child, Emily feels inadequate compared to Sarah. How does this feeling of inadequacy extend into adulthood? What can be said for sibling rivalry in The Easter Parade?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Yates choose Emily to be the narrator? What is achieved by making Emily the narrator? Are there any advantages? Disadvantages?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)