|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily begin doing in the afternoons in Part 2: Chapter 2?
2. Who does Pookie flirt with at Sarah and Tony's wedding?
3. How does Emily react to Jack's book?
4. Who is the first character mentioned in The Easter Parade?
5. On which holiday does Emily eavesdrop on her parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 1: Chapter 4, the differences between Emily and Sarah become more apparent. Describe those differences.
2. Is there a rivalry between the two Grimes sisters?
3. Describe what happens when Emily and Jack visit Sarah and her family.
4. Why is Emily disappointed with Jack after they move to a new place?
5. Describe Pookie and Emily's visit to the country cottage where Sarah lives in Part 1: Chapter 3.
6. What does Tony think of Sarah's writing?
7. Why is Emily's success with her career and work ethic impressive?
8. What does Emily learn in a letter from Sarah?
9. In Part 1: Chapter 2, why is Emily scolded for being childish?
10. Why is Emily disappointed with the trip she and Jack take to Europe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are male characters portrayed in The Easter Parade? Compare two to three male characters to the female characters in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Emily is an optimistic character. Even though her parents are divorced, she remains hopeful that they will get back together. What does this hopefulness do for her? Does she retain this optimism for her entire life? Select no less than two scenes that exhibit hopefulness and her optimism.
Essay Topic 3
How does Emily change throughout the novel? Cite two to three examples to argue your point. If you believe she does not change, how so?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)