|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Emily and Sarah?
2. What does Emily begin writing an article about at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 2?
3. What does Emily remain hopeful about, prompted by a overheard conversation between her parents?
4. How many children does Sarah have?
5. Who is Harold Schneider?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens career-wise for Emily in Part 2: Chapter 1?
2. What does Emily learn in a letter from Sarah?
3. Describe Emily and Sarah's relationship in Part 2: Chapter 1.
4. Why does Pookie want to be close to Tony's parents?
5. Why is divorce a subject of Part 1: Chapters 1-2?
6. Describe what happens when Emily and Jack visit Sarah and her family.
7. Why is Emily's success with her career and work ethic impressive?
8. What is Sarah trying to write a book about?
9. Do Emily and Andrew have a happy marriage?
10. How does Sarah injure herself in Part 1: Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Emily change throughout the novel? Cite two to three examples to argue your point. If you believe she does not change, how so?
Essay Topic 2
Choose either Sarah or Emily and examine her relationship with Pookie. Is their relationship stereotypical of a mother/daughter relationship? If not, how does it differ?
Essay Topic 3
Several characters in The Easter Parade are writers. What are their attitudes towards writing? Are they successful as writers? Do they share any of the same traits? Discuss writers as characters.
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)