|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what season does Jack decide to take Emily on a trip?
2. Emily and the soldier go to Central Park where Emily loses what?
3. How does Emily get home from school?
4. Who do Jack and Emily visit in Part 2: Chapter 1?
5. What does Walter Grimes die of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Jack Flanders?
2. Describe Jack and Emily's relationship.
3. What does Tony think of Sarah's writing?
4. Describe Emily and Sarah's relationship in Part 2: Chapter 1.
5. In Part 1: Chapter 3, in what ways does it become clear to the reader that Emily is now the narrating character?
6. Why is divorce a subject of Part 1: Chapters 1-2?
7. In Part 1: Chapter 2, why is Emily scolded for being childish?
8. In Part 1: Chapter 3, Emily decides to go to a movie alone. What happens instead?
9. What does Emily learn in a letter from Sarah?
10. Do Emily and Andrew have a happy marriage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Emily change throughout the novel? Cite two to three examples to argue your point. If you believe she does not change, how so?
Essay Topic 2
Alcohol plays a major role in The Easter Parade, causing fighting and injuries, hurting people, and inhibiting successful lives. Choose one character from the text and discuss how alcohol has impacted his or her life.
Essay Topic 3
Several characters in The Easter Parade are writers. What are their attitudes towards writing? Are they successful as writers? Do they share any of the same traits? Discuss writers as characters.
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)