|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do critics respond to Jack's latest book in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) They love the book.
(b) They say the book is mediocre.
(c) They ignore the book.
(d) They dislike it.
2. What is Eric doing in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Eric has become a mechanic.
(b) Eric has become a teacher.
(c) Eric has become a lawyer.
(d) Eric has gone to college.
3. What does Emily try to remember at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
(a) What the name of her childhood best friend is.
(b) The name of Sarah's first husband.
(c) Where she lives.
(d) Where she was the night before.
4. What are the poems about in the book Jack publishes in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(b) His and Emily's relationship.
(d) His ex-wife.
5. Where does Emily work in Part 2: Chapters 3-4?
(a) A magazine
(b) A law firm.
(c) An advertising agency.
(d) A public school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the youngest of Sarah and Tony's children?
2. Who is Peter?
3. Why is Sarah apprehensive about this plan for a big expense in Part 2: Chapter 4?
4. Where does Peter take Emily in Part 3: Chapter 2?
5. What does Emily learn after she finally returns to work in Part 3:Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does it appear that this relationship between Howard and Emily will not work?
2. What does Emily do to help Sarah in Part 2: Chapter 4?
3. Who is Howard Dunninger?
4. Describe the party that Emily attends thrown by a friend in Part 3: Chapter 3.
5. Why does Emily suddenly remember what happened the night of the party?
6. Who is Michael Hogan?
7. Discuss Emily's reaction to the masturbation studio.
8. What does it say about Emily that she is committed to Howard Dunninger?
9. How does Emily compare herself to Peter?
10. Do you agree with Emily that Tony killed Sarah or do you disagree?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)