|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Howard Dunninger make clear to Emily?
(a) That he hates his job.
(b) That he loves his wife.
(c) That he does not like Emily.
(d) That he wants to marry her.
2. What is Emily fearful of in Part 3: Chapter1?
(a) The dark.
(b) That Howard is still seeing his wife.
(c) Tony's illness.
(d) Being fired at work.
3. What does Emily do about her suspicions concerning her sister's death?
(a) Emily confides in Tony.
(b) Emily hires a private investigator.
(c) She calls the police.
4. What does Emily discover about Howard's business trips?
(a) That he is actually going to see his wife.
(b) That Howard has a mistress.
(c) That he is actually going to gamble.
(d) That Howard has been fired from his job.
5. What does Emily learn after she finally returns to work in Part 3:Chapter 2?
(a) That Howard has died.
(b) That Tony has died.
(c) That her mother has died.
(d) That Peter has died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Emily attend the second funeral of Part 3: Chapter 2 for?
2. How do Emily and Sarah plan to pay for a big expense in Part 2: Chapter 4?
3. Who does Tony receive a call from during the reception after Sarah's funeral?
4. Why does Emily yell at Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
5. How does Sarah keep in touch with Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Peter's reaction to Emily's outburst in the car on the way to his house?
2. What does it say about Emily that she is committed to Howard Dunninger?
3. What happens with Emily and Howard's relationship at the end of Part 3: Chapter 2?
4. What is happening career-wise for Emily in Part 3: Chapter 3?
5. Why does Emily suddenly remember what happened the night of the party?
6. Would you say that Sarah is happy in Part 2 of the novel?
7. What happens at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
8. Who is Michael Hogan?
9. Discuss Emily's reaction to the masturbation studio.
10. Why does Emily refuse to help Sarah when she thinks about leaving Tony?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)