|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily discover about Howard's business trips?
(a) That he is actually going to see his wife.
(b) That Howard has been fired from his job.
(c) That Howard has a mistress.
(d) That he is actually going to gamble.
2. What does Emily discover when she visits Sarah in the hospital in Part 3: Chapter1?
(a) That Sarah has a severe head injury.
(b) That her nephew has been injured.
(c) That Sarah has cancer.
(d) That Sarah has left the hospital.
3. What does Howard Dunninger make clear to Emily?
(a) That he hates his job.
(b) That he wants to marry her.
(c) That he loves his wife.
(d) That he does not like Emily.
4. Why does Emily yell at Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) Because he ran a red light.
(b) Because she knows he lied to her.
(c) Peter forgot to pick her up on time.
(d) She is frustrated and angry.
5. What does Emily try to write an article about in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her struggles.
(c) Her ex-husband.
(d) Her addiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily use as a conversation piece at the beginning of Part 3: Chapter 1?
2. How do Emily and Sarah plan to pay for a big expense in Part 2: Chapter 4?
3. Who does Emily receive a phone call from at the end of Part 2: Chapter 3?
4. What do Emily and Sarah do at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 4?
5. Who is Howard Dunninger?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Emily compare herself to Peter?
2. What are Sarah and Tony's sons doing in Part 3: Chapter 1?
3. Why does Sarah call Emily in Part 2: Chapter 3? What does Emily do as a result of this call?
4. Why do you think that Emily tells her lovers about her sister's misfortunes?
5. Discuss Emily's reaction to the masturbation studio.
6. What does Emily do to help Sarah in Part 2: Chapter 4?
7. Do you consider Emily to be successful in Part 2: Chapters 3 and 4?
8. Who is Michael Hogan?
9. Do you agree with Emily that Tony killed Sarah or do you disagree?
10. Discuss Emily's feelings of loneliness in Part 3: Chapter 3.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)