|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah ultimately decide to do at the end of Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) Get help.
(b) Leave Tony.
(c) Move in with Emily.
(d) Return to Tony.
2. What is Emily fearful of in Part 3: Chapter1?
(a) Tony's illness.
(b) That Howard is still seeing his wife.
(c) The dark.
(d) Being fired at work.
3. What does Emily learn after she finally returns to work in Part 3:Chapter 2?
(a) That Tony has died.
(b) That Peter has died.
(c) That Howard has died.
(d) That her mother has died.
4. How does Sarah keep in touch with Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(c) Phone calls.
(d) Through other family members.
5. How can Tony's mood be described in Part 3: Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Emily and Sarah do at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 4?
2. What does Emily suspect happened to Sarah?
3. Where is Emily working in 1965?
4. How does Emily feel compared to Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
5. What has happened to Tony Jr. in Part 3: Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Emily's feelings of loneliness in Part 3: Chapter 3.
2. What does Emily learn about Sarah in Part 2: Chapter 4?
3. Would you say that Sarah is happy in Part 2 of the novel?
4. What happens at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
5. What is happening career-wise for Emily in Part 3: Chapter 3?
6. What happens as a result of Emily's refusal to help Sarah when she considers leaving Tony?
7. What happens with Emily and Howard's relationship at the end of Part 3: Chapter 2?
8. Do you consider Emily to be successful in Part 2: Chapters 3 and 4?
9. What does it say about Emily that she is committed to Howard Dunninger?
10. Who is Howard Dunninger?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)