|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tony do after Sarah's death?
(a) Asks for forgiveness.
(b) Moves to Asia.
(c) Gets remarried.
(d) Wins the lottery.
2. What is Peter doing in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) He is in college and preparing for the seminary.
(b) He is going into the military.
(c) He is going to medical school.
(d) He has become a mechanic.
3. When do Emily and Howard visit Sarah?
(a) At the end of a summer vacation in 1967.
(b) Before they move to Iowa.
(c) On their way to Florida.
(d) At the beginning of winter in 1970.
4. Why does Emily call Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) To arrange a visit.
(b) To ask about her aunt.
(c) To ask if she can visit the studio.
(d) To see if she can bring anything to the party.
5. Why is Sarah apprehensive about this plan for a big expense in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) She is struggling with money.
(b) Sarah doesn't want to ask Tony for help.
(c) She doesn't want to speak to Jack's parents.
(d) She does not want to owe Emily anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily try to remember at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
2. What does Emily suspect happened to Sarah?
3. Where is Emily working in 1965?
4. How can Tony's mood be described in Part 3: Chapter 2?
5. What does Sarah attempt to do at the end of Part 2: Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you consider Emily to be successful in Part 2: Chapters 3 and 4?
2. Why does Emily call Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
3. What are Sarah and Tony's sons doing in Part 3: Chapter 1?
4. Why does it appear that this relationship between Howard and Emily will not work?
5. Would you say that Sarah is happy in Part 2 of the novel?
6. How does Emily compare herself to Peter?
7. Why does Sarah call Emily in Part 2: Chapter 3? What does Emily do as a result of this call?
8. Describe the party that Emily attends thrown by a friend in Part 3: Chapter 3.
9. Who is Howard Dunninger?
10. What does Emily do concerning her suspicions concerning Sarah's death?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)