|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Howard Dunninger make clear to Emily?
(a) That he does not like Emily.
(b) That he hates his job.
(c) That he loves his wife.
(d) That he wants to marry her.
2. How can Tony's mood be described in Part 3: Chapter 2?
3. Who is Howard Dunninger?
(a) Emily's boss.
(b) Sarah's first husband.
(c) One of Emily's lovers.
(d) A principal.
4. What is Peter doing with his life in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) He is running a studio.
(b) He is working as a magazine editor.
(c) He is a teacher in California.
(d) He is married and has a child.
5. Why does Emily's refuse Sarah's question in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Because she does not know the answer.
(b) Because she cannot get time off of work.
(c) Because she does not have enough money.
(d) Because Howard has moved into her apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily learn after she finally returns to work in Part 3:Chapter 2?
2. How long does Emily spend without a job?
3. What does Emily demand to know from Peter on the drive in Part 3: Chapter 3?
4. What has Emily been told is the cause of Sarah's death?
5. Who is Peter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Sarah and Tony's sons doing in Part 3: Chapter 1?
2. Who is Michael Hogan?
3. What does Emily learn about Sarah in Part 2: Chapter 4?
4. What happens at Sarah's funeral and reception?
5. What is happening career-wise for Emily in Part 3: Chapter 3?
6. Do you consider Emily to be successful in Part 2: Chapters 3 and 4?
7. Why does it appear that this relationship between Howard and Emily will not work?
8. What does Emily do concerning her suspicions concerning Sarah's death?
9. What happens with Emily and Howard's relationship at the end of Part 3: Chapter 2?
10. Why does Sarah call Emily in Part 2: Chapter 3? What does Emily do as a result of this call?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)