|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the poems about in the book Jack publishes in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(c) His and Emily's relationship.
(d) His ex-wife.
2. When do Emily and Howard visit Sarah?
(a) Before they move to Iowa.
(b) At the end of a summer vacation in 1967.
(c) On their way to Florida.
(d) At the beginning of winter in 1970.
3. Where does Howard Dunninger go on frequent business trips?
4. What kind of studio does the neighbor of the party host run in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) A sculpture studio.
(b) A painter's studio.
(c) A masturbation studio.
(d) A pony studio.
5. What does Emily learn after she finally returns to work in Part 3:Chapter 2?
(a) That her mother has died.
(b) That Peter has died.
(c) That Howard has died.
(d) That Tony has died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peter doing with his life in Part 3: Chapter 3?
2. Why does Emily yell at Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
3. Who does Emily think Sarah resembles in Part 3: Chapter 1?
4. What is believed to be the cause of Pookie's illness in Part 2: Chapter 3?
5. What does Emily want to ask Sarah's sons in Part 3: Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
2. Discuss Emily's feelings of loneliness in Part 3: Chapter 3.
3. Do you consider Emily to be successful in Part 2: Chapters 3 and 4?
4. Describe the party that Emily attends thrown by a friend in Part 3: Chapter 3.
5. Why does it appear that this relationship between Howard and Emily will not work?
6. Who is Howard Dunninger?
7. What happens at Sarah's funeral and reception?
8. What happens with Emily and Howard's relationship at the end of Part 3: Chapter 2?
9. What are Sarah and Tony's sons doing in Part 3: Chapter 1?
10. Why is Pookie hospitalized?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)