|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emily attend the second funeral of Part 3: Chapter 2 for?
(c) Sarah's sons.
2. What are the poems about in the book Jack publishes in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(b) His and Emily's relationship.
(d) His ex-wife.
3. Why is Emily not interested in the party she is invited to in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) She doesn't have anything to wear.
(b) She won't know anyone there.
(c) Because there are no single men there.
(d) She won't be in town.
4. What is believed to be the cause of Pookie's illness in Part 2: Chapter 3?
(b) An accident.
5. What does Emily want to ask Tony in Part 3: Chapter 2?
(a) If he killed Sarah.
(b) For money.
(c) About his children.
(d) For a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Emily feel compared to Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
2. What kind of studio does the neighbor of the party host run in Part 3: Chapter 3?
3. Who is Peter?
4. What does Sarah ultimately decide to do at the end of Part 2: Chapter 4?
5. What does Emily use as a conversation piece at the beginning of Part 3: Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does it appear that this relationship between Howard and Emily will not work?
2. What does Emily do to help Sarah in Part 2: Chapter 4?
3. Why does Emily suddenly remember what happened the night of the party?
4. What is happening career-wise for Emily in Part 3: Chapter 3?
5. Who is Michael Hogan?
6. Why is Pookie hospitalized?
7. Do you consider Emily to be successful in Part 2: Chapters 3 and 4?
8. What are Sarah and Tony's sons doing in Part 3: Chapter 1?
9. What does it say about Emily that she is committed to Howard Dunninger?
10. Why do you think that Emily tells her lovers about her sister's misfortunes?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)