|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily do about her suspicions concerning her sister's death?
(a) Emily confides in Tony.
(c) She calls the police.
(d) Emily hires a private investigator.
2. When do Emily and Howard visit Sarah?
(a) On their way to Florida.
(b) At the beginning of winter in 1970.
(c) At the end of a summer vacation in 1967.
(d) Before they move to Iowa.
3. What is Eric doing in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Eric has become a teacher.
(b) Eric has become a mechanic.
(c) Eric has become a lawyer.
(d) Eric has gone to college.
4. What does Howard Dunninger tell Emily about his situation?
(a) That he loves her.
(b) That he and his wife are separated.
(c) That he is moving.
(d) That he is getting a promotion.
5. How does Emily react internally to the masturbation studio?
(a) She is motivated.
(b) She is fascinated.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is disgusted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily threaten to do when they arrive at Peter's house in Part 3: Chapter 3?
2. Where does Howard travel to in Part 3: Chapter 2?
3. Where did Emily go the night ending in the mysterious apartment?
4. What does Emily demand to know from Peter on the drive in Part 3: Chapter 3?
5. What does Emily want to ask Tony in Part 3: Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Would you say that Sarah is happy in Part 2 of the novel?
2. Do you agree with Emily that Tony killed Sarah or do you disagree?
3. What happens with Emily and Howard's relationship at the end of Part 3: Chapter 2?
4. What is Peter's reaction to Emily's outburst in the car on the way to his house?
5. What happens at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
6. Why does Sarah call Emily in Part 2: Chapter 3? What does Emily do as a result of this call?
7. Why do you think that Emily tells her lovers about her sister's misfortunes?
8. Why does it appear that this relationship between Howard and Emily will not work?
9. What happens at Sarah's funeral and reception?
10. Why does Emily refuse to help Sarah when she thinks about leaving Tony?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)