|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Tony's mood be described as after Sarah's funeral?
2. What does Emily discover about her sister in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) That Sarah is sick.
(b) That Sarah has published a book.
(c) That Sarah has become a drunk.
(d) That Sarah is pregnant.
3. What do Emily and Sarah do the night of going to the hospital in Part 2: Chapter 3?
(a) They visit their father.
(b) They fight.
(c) They reminisce about their childhood.
(d) They ignore each other.
4. What does Emily do about her suspicions concerning her sister's death?
(a) She calls the police.
(b) Emily confides in Tony.
(c) Emily hires a private investigator.
5. How do Emily and Sarah plan to pay for a big expense in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) They ask Tony for money.
(b) They plan to ask Jack's parents for help.
(c) Emily agrees to pay.
(d) They agree to split the cost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sarah travel to New York in Part 2: Chapter 4?
2. What does Tony do after Sarah's death?
3. What does Emily discover when she visits Sarah in the hospital in Part 3: Chapter1?
4. What does a phone call Emily receives in Part 2: Chapter 3 prompt Emily to do?
5. Where does Howard Dunninger go on frequent business trips?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tony do after Sarah's funeral?
2. What does Emily do concerning her suspicions concerning Sarah's death?
3. Why do you think that Emily tells her lovers about her sister's misfortunes?
4. What is happening career-wise for Emily in Part 3: Chapter 3?
5. What happens with Emily and Howard's relationship at the end of Part 3: Chapter 2?
6. Why does it appear that this relationship between Howard and Emily will not work?
7. Why does Sarah call Emily in Part 2: Chapter 3? What does Emily do as a result of this call?
8. Why does Emily refuse to help Sarah when she thinks about leaving Tony?
9. What happens as a result of Emily's refusal to help Sarah when she considers leaving Tony?
10. What does Emily learn about Sarah in Part 2: Chapter 4?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)