|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emily's refuse Sarah's question in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Because Howard has moved into her apartment.
(b) Because she does not have enough money.
(c) Because she cannot get time off of work.
(d) Because she does not know the answer.
2. Who is Emily having these conversations with in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(c) Her therapist.
(d) Her multiple lovers.
3. How do Emily and Sarah plan to pay for a big expense in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) They plan to ask Jack's parents for help.
(b) They ask Tony for money.
(c) They agree to split the cost.
(d) Emily agrees to pay.
4. What does Emily learn in this phone call she receives in Part 2: Chapter 3?
(a) That Sarah has been in an accident.
(b) That Jack wants Emily to come home.
(c) That Tony has left Sarah.
(d) That Pookie has collapsed.
5. Who does Emily receive a phone call from at the end of Part 2: Chapter 3?
(b) Her mysterious lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emily yell at Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
2. What does Howard Dunninger make clear to Emily?
3. How can Sarah be described at the end of Part 3: Chapter 1?
4. Why is Sarah in the hospital in Part 3: Chapter 1?
5. How can Tony's mood be described in Part 3: Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emily learn about Sarah in Part 2: Chapter 4?
2. What does Emily do concerning her suspicions concerning Sarah's death?
3. What is Peter's reaction to Emily's outburst in the car on the way to his house?
4. Do you agree with Emily that Tony killed Sarah or do you disagree?
5. What are Sarah and Tony's sons doing in Part 3: Chapter 1?
6. Why does it appear that this relationship between Howard and Emily will not work?
7. Would you say that Sarah is happy in Part 2 of the novel?
8. Why does Emily refuse to help Sarah when she thinks about leaving Tony?
9. Why does Emily call Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
10. Why is Pookie hospitalized?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)