|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily discover when she visits Sarah in the hospital in Part 3: Chapter1?
(a) That Sarah has cancer.
(b) That Sarah has left the hospital.
(c) That Sarah has a severe head injury.
(d) That her nephew has been injured.
2. What does a phone call Emily receives in Part 2: Chapter 3 prompt Emily to do?
(a) Remember the entire evening she had forgotten.
(b) Apologize to Sarah.
(c) Visit her mother.
(d) Quit her job.
3. What does Emily want to ask Tony in Part 3: Chapter 2?
(a) About his children.
(b) For a job.
(c) If he killed Sarah.
(d) For money.
4. Who is Peter?
(a) The friend who hosts the party.
(b) The man who runs the studio.
(c) Emily's cousin.
(d) Emily's nephew and Sarah and Tony's son.
5. How does Emily feel compared to Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(c) Poor and unsophisticated.
(d) Rich and sophisticated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emily call Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
2. Whose apartment does Emily awaken in the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
3. What has Emily been told is the cause of Sarah's death?
4. What can Tony's mood be described as after Sarah's funeral?
5. Where does Emily work in Part 2: Chapters 3-4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Emily suddenly remember what happened the night of the party?
2. Do you consider Emily to be successful in Part 2: Chapters 3 and 4?
3. Who is Michael Hogan?
4. What are Sarah and Tony's sons doing in Part 3: Chapter 1?
5. What is Peter's reaction to Emily's outburst in the car on the way to his house?
6. What happens with Emily and Howard's relationship at the end of Part 3: Chapter 2?
7. What does Emily learn about Sarah in Part 2: Chapter 4?
8. Discuss Emily's reaction to the masturbation studio.
9. What happens at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
10. What does Tony do after Sarah's funeral?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)