|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Peter doing with his life in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) He is married and has a child.
(b) He is working as a magazine editor.
(c) He is running a studio.
(d) He is a teacher in California.
2. What does Emily want to ask Sarah's sons in Part 3: Chapter 2?
(a) What their future plans are.
(b) If they're happy.
(c) What they think of Pookie.
(d) What really happened to Sarah.
3. Why does Emily act disinterested in the masturbation studio?
(a) She is not interested in art.
(b) Because she thinks the idea is insane.
(c) The other party-goers love the idea.
(d) Because the other party-goers are negative towards it.
4. What does Sarah attempt to do at the end of Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) Stay with Tony.
(b) Forgive Tony.
(c) Leave Tony.
(d) Get help.
5. How does Emily react internally to the masturbation studio?
(a) She is fascinated.
(b) She is disgusted.
(c) She is motivated.
(d) She is apathetic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sarah travel to New York in Part 2: Chapter 4?
2. What does Emily want to ask Tony in Part 3: Chapter 2?
3. Why does Pookie go to the hospital in Part 2: Chapter 3?
4. What does Emily do about her suspicions concerning her sister's death?
5. Who does Emily receive a phone call from at the end of Part 2: Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Peter's reaction to Emily's outburst in the car on the way to his house?
2. What does Tony do after Sarah's funeral?
3. Do you consider Emily to be successful in Part 2: Chapters 3 and 4?
4. Discuss Emily's feelings of loneliness in Part 3: Chapter 3.
5. What does Emily learn about Sarah in Part 2: Chapter 4?
6. Why does Emily suddenly remember what happened the night of the party?
7. Why does Sarah call Emily in Part 2: Chapter 3? What does Emily do as a result of this call?
8. Would you say that Sarah is happy in Part 2 of the novel?
9. Why do you think that Emily tells her lovers about her sister's misfortunes?
10. How does Emily compare herself to Peter?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)