|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily learn after she finally returns to work in Part 3:Chapter 2?
(a) That her mother has died.
(b) That Tony has died.
(c) That Peter has died.
(d) That Howard has died.
2. What does Howard Dunninger tell Emily about his situation?
(a) That he and his wife are separated.
(b) That he is getting a promotion.
(c) That he loves her.
(d) That he is moving.
3. How long does Emily spend without a job?
(a) Ten months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) One month.
4. Who is Howard Dunninger?
(a) Emily's boss.
(b) A principal.
(c) One of Emily's lovers.
(d) Sarah's first husband.
5. What is Emily's job in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(d) Copy writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony do after Sarah's death?
2. What does Howard Dunninger make clear to Emily?
3. What does Emily try to remember at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
4. What is Peter doing with his life in Part 3: Chapter 3?
5. Whose apartment does Emily awaken in the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you consider Emily to be successful in Part 2: Chapters 3 and 4?
2. Why do you think that Emily tells her lovers about her sister's misfortunes?
3. Why does Emily call Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
4. How does Emily compare herself to Peter?
5. Discuss Emily's feelings of loneliness in Part 3: Chapter 3.
6. What happens as a result of Emily's refusal to help Sarah when she considers leaving Tony?
7. Who is Michael Hogan?
8. Why does it appear that this relationship between Howard and Emily will not work?
9. Why is Pookie hospitalized?
10. What happens at Sarah's funeral and reception?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)