|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Peter doing with his life in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) He is married and has a child.
(b) He is a teacher in California.
(c) He is working as a magazine editor.
(d) He is running a studio.
2. What does Howard Dunninger tell Emily about his situation?
(a) That he and his wife are separated.
(b) That he is getting a promotion.
(c) That he is moving.
(d) That he loves her.
3. Who calls Emily on the phone in Part 2: Chapter 3?
4. Why is Sarah apprehensive about this plan for a big expense in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) Sarah doesn't want to ask Tony for help.
(b) She doesn't want to speak to Jack's parents.
(c) She does not want to owe Emily anything.
(d) She is struggling with money.
5. What does Emily discover about her sister in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) That Sarah is pregnant.
(b) That Sarah is sick.
(c) That Sarah has published a book.
(d) That Sarah has become a drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily want to ask Tony in Part 3: Chapter 2?
2. What does Emily threaten to do when they arrive at Peter's house in Part 3: Chapter 3?
3. What does Emily want to ask Sarah's sons in Part 3: Chapter 2?
4. How does Emily feel compared to Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
5. Why does Emily call Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the party that Emily attends thrown by a friend in Part 3: Chapter 3.
2. How does Emily compare herself to Peter?
3. Why does Sarah call Emily in Part 2: Chapter 3? What does Emily do as a result of this call?
4. What does Tony do after Sarah's funeral?
5. What happens at Sarah's funeral and reception?
6. What are Sarah and Tony's sons doing in Part 3: Chapter 1?
7. Why does Emily suddenly remember what happened the night of the party?
8. Why do you think that Emily tells her lovers about her sister's misfortunes?
9. Who is Howard Dunninger?
10. Why does Emily call Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)