|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Sarah be described at the end of Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Drunk and out of touch with reality.
(b) Happy and content.
(c) Sober and relaxed.
2. Why does Emily act disinterested in the masturbation studio?
(a) Because the other party-goers are negative towards it.
(b) The other party-goers love the idea.
(c) She is not interested in art.
(d) Because she thinks the idea is insane.
3. Why does Sarah call Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) To ask if she can move in with her.
(b) To invite Emily for a visit.
(c) To ask for a loan.
(d) To ask advice about her children.
4. How has Emily's boss changed in Part 3: Chapter 2?
(a) Emily's boss has been promoted and no longer works in New York.
(b) She is supportive, no longer angry and critical.
(c) She is angry and critical, no longer supportive.
(d) Emily's boss colors her hair.
5. Why is Sarah in the hospital in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) To visit a friend.
(b) For acute alcoholism.
(c) For a suspicious mole.
(d) Because one of her son's injured himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the poems about in the book Jack publishes in Part 2: Chapter 4?
2. What do Emily and Sarah do the night of going to the hospital in Part 2: Chapter 3?
3. What does Emily learn after she finally returns to work in Part 3:Chapter 2?
4. What does Emily want to ask Tony in Part 3: Chapter 2?
5. What does Emily demand to know from Peter on the drive in Part 3: Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Michael Hogan?
2. What happens at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
3. What is happening career-wise for Emily in Part 3: Chapter 3?
4. Why is Pookie hospitalized?
5. Why do you think that Emily tells her lovers about her sister's misfortunes?
6. Why does Emily suddenly remember what happened the night of the party?
7. What does Emily learn about Sarah in Part 2: Chapter 4?
8. Why does Sarah call Emily in Part 2: Chapter 3? What does Emily do as a result of this call?
9. Do you consider Emily to be successful in Part 2: Chapters 3 and 4?
10. Do you agree with Emily that Tony killed Sarah or do you disagree?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)