|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens with Emily's article in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) It is picked up by a national magazine.
(b) She completes the article.
(c) The article is not accepted for print.
(d) She does not finish it.
2. What does Emily discover about Howard's business trips?
(a) That he is actually going to gamble.
(b) That Howard has a mistress.
(c) That he is actually going to see his wife.
(d) That Howard has been fired from his job.
3. What does Emily learn after she finally returns to work in Part 3:Chapter 2?
(a) That Peter has died.
(b) That Howard has died.
(c) That her mother has died.
(d) That Tony has died.
4. How does Emily feel compared to Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) Rich and sophisticated.
(b) Poor and unsophisticated.
5. What is believed to be the cause of Pookie's illness in Part 2: Chapter 3?
(a) An accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Emily on the phone in Part 2: Chapter 3?
2. What do Emily and Sarah do at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 4?
3. Whose apartment does Emily awaken in the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
4. What does Emily learn in this phone call she receives in Part 2: Chapter 3?
5. How long does Emily spend without a job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you agree with Emily that Tony killed Sarah or do you disagree?
2. What happens at Sarah's funeral and reception?
3. What does Emily do to help Sarah in Part 2: Chapter 4?
4. Who is Howard Dunninger?
5. Why does Sarah call Emily in Part 2: Chapter 3? What does Emily do as a result of this call?
6. Discuss Emily's reaction to the masturbation studio.
7. How does Emily compare herself to Peter?
8. What happens as a result of Emily's refusal to help Sarah when she considers leaving Tony?
9. What is Peter's reaction to Emily's outburst in the car on the way to his house?
10. What are Sarah and Tony's sons doing in Part 3: Chapter 1?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)