|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Emily go at the end of Part 2: Chapter 2?
(d) New York.
2. Where does Emily live before she goes to college?
(a) With her sister.
(b) With her mother.
(c) With Tony.
(d) With her father.
3. Who is Sarah's project going to be about in Part 2: Chapter 1?
(a) One of her husband's ancestors.
(b) Her sister, Emily.
(c) New York City.
(d) A cabin by a lake.
4. What does Sarah tell Emily that she has a talent for?
5. What does Emily explain to the neighborhood children?
(a) The color of the sky.
(c) The Easter Bunny.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city do Jack and Emily purchase a house?
2. What do Emily and Jack do under a tree in Part 2: Chapter 2?
3. Who does Sarah meet at her first job after graduation from high school?
4. Whom does Emily get a letter from in Part 2: Chapter 2?
5. What does Emily's family push her to do after graduating from college?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 1: Chapter 2, why is Emily scolded for being childish?
2. Describe Jack and Emily's relationship.
3. Describe what happens when Emily and Jack visit Sarah and her family.
4. Why does Pookie want to be close to Tony's parents?
5. How does Sarah injure herself in Part 1: Chapter 1?
6. Who is Jack Flanders?
7. Is there a rivalry between the two Grimes sisters?
8. What does Tony think of Sarah's writing?
9. How can all of the writers as characters be described in Part 2: Chapter 2?
10. What happens for Emily in the year break Andrew takes from their relationship?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)