|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Emily get home from school?
(a) Emily walks with the other neighborhood children.
(b) Emily's mother picks her up.
(c) Emily rides the school bus.
(d) Sarah walks Emily home.
2. Who does Emily travel with at the end of Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) With Pookie.
(b) She travels alone.
(c) With Jack.
(d) With Sarah.
3. What does Walter Grimes die of?
(b) Scarlet Fever.
4. What does Pookie wear to Sarah and Tony's wedding?
(a) A purple hat.
(b) Shocking pink.
(c) A blue dress.
(d) A yellow scarf.
5. Whom does the space that Pookie moves to belong to?
(a) Jack's parents.
(b) Walter's mistress.
(c) Tony's parents.
(d) Tony's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily remain hopeful about, prompted by a overheard conversation between her parents?
2. What does Walter do during the outing with Emily to celebrate news of her scholarship?
3. Where are Tony's parents planning on moving?
4. What is Andrew embarrassed about in his relationship with Emily?
5. How is Sarah injured when Pookie leaves her with a neighbor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Howard Dunninger?
2. Is there a rivalry between the two Grimes sisters?
3. What happens as a result of Emily's refusal to help Sarah when she considers leaving Tony?
4. What does Emily learn about Sarah in Part 2: Chapter 4?
5. What does Emily learn in a letter from Sarah?
6. Discuss what happens with Jack and his poetry in Part 2: Chapter 2.
7. Describe Andrew and Emily's relationship in Part 1: Chapter 4.
8. Discuss Emily's reaction to the masturbation studio.
9. What are the negative effects of choosing an authorial voice versus a character as narrator?
10. What does Tony do after Sarah's funeral?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)