|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of company does Emily work for?
(a) A food magazine.
(b) A state newspaper.
(c) A makeup company.
(d) The locals news station.
2. Whom does Emily get a letter from in Part 2: Chapter 2?
3. What does Emily learn about Jack's past?
(a) That he is a published poet.
(b) That he has been married before.
(c) That he ran away from home at age 9.
(d) That he spent the last five years in jail.
4. Where is Sarah's scar located?
(a) On her left elbow.
(b) Across her left foot.
(c) Over and across one eye.
(d) On her right knee.
5. What does Emily explain to the neighborhood children?
(a) The color of the sky.
(b) The Easter Bunny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sarah abandon the book she was working on?
2. Which college does Emily receive a scholarship to?
3. On which holiday does Emily eavesdrop on her parents?
4. How does Emily react to the news of Sarah's project?
5. What do Emily and Sarah have to contend with Pookie about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sarah trying to write a book about?
2. Is there a rivalry between the two Grimes sisters?
3. In Part 1: Chapter 3, in what ways does it become clear to the reader that Emily is now the narrating character?
4. What is happening career-wise for Emily in Part 3: Chapter 3?
5. What happens as a result of Emily's refusal to help Sarah when she considers leaving Tony?
6. Why does Emily suddenly remember what happened the night of the party?
7. Why does Sarah call Emily in Part 2: Chapter 3? What does Emily do as a result of this call?
8. Describe Andrew and Emily's relationship in Part 1: Chapter 4.
9. Why is divorce a subject of Part 1: Chapters 1-2?
10. Describe Pookie and Emily's visit to the country cottage where Sarah lives in Part 1: Chapter 3.
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)