|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first location mentioned in the novel?
(a) Sacramento, CA.
(b) Miami, FL.
(c) Pittsburgh, PA.
(d) Tenafly, NY.
2. What does Sarah reveal to Emily in Part 2: Chapter 1?
(a) That she is getting a divorce.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she writing a book.
(d) That she is going back to school.
3. Who becomes pregnant in Chapter 4?
(b) Tony's mother.
4. What happens to Andrew and Emily at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) They go to an amusement park together.
(b) They get married.
(c) They attend church together.
(d) They get divorced.
5. Why does Emily postpone her decision near the end of Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) Jack asks her to stay.
(b) Jack has an attack of self-doubt.
(c) Emily's is not confident in her writing.
(d) Sarah tells her not to come.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah tell Emily that she has a talent for?
2. Who is the first character mentioned in The Easter Parade?
3. Why does Emily move with Jack?
4. What does Tony Wilson wear to the Easter Parade?
5. Whom does the space that Pookie moves to belong to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Emily and Jack return to Iowa City?
2. In Part 1: Chapter 3, Emily decides to go to a movie alone. What happens instead?
3. How can all of the writers as characters be described in Part 2: Chapter 2?
4. In Part 1: Chapters 1 through 2, what are the differences between Emily and Sarah?
5. Do Emily and Andrew have a happy marriage?
6. Who is Jack Flanders?
7. What are the negative effects of choosing an authorial voice versus a character as narrator?
8. Describe Emily and Sarah's relationship in Part 2: Chapter 1.
9. Why does Pookie want to be close to Tony's parents?
10. What is Sarah trying to write a book about?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)