|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily explain to the neighborhood children?
(c) The Easter Bunny.
(d) The color of the sky.
2. What happens prior to Emily's decision to divorce her husband?
(a) Emily visits Tony and Sarah.
(b) She visits her mother.
(c) Emily travels to Europe.
(d) Emily publishes a book.
3. Why does Emily postpone her decision near the end of Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) Jack has an attack of self-doubt.
(b) Emily's is not confident in her writing.
(c) Sarah tells her not to come.
(d) Jack asks her to stay.
4. Why does the trip Jack takes Emily on turn sour?
(a) Jack loses his wallet.
(b) Their flights are cancelled.
(c) Jack keeps making comparisons with a prior trip.
(d) Emily wanted to go somewhere else.
5. Emily and the soldier go to Central Park where Emily loses what?
(a) Her shoe.
(b) Her sunglasses.
(c) Her virginity.
(d) Her wallet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Emily live before she goes to college?
2. What does Tony Wilson wear to the Easter Parade?
3. Why does Emily not finish her article she is working on in Part 2: Chapter 2?
4. Who does Emily travel with at the end of Part 2: Chapter 2?
5. How does Emily react to the news of Sarah's project?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 1: Chapter 3, in what ways does it become clear to the reader that Emily is now the narrating character?
2. Why is Emily disappointed with the trip she and Jack take to Europe?
3. Describe Jack and Emily's relationship.
4. Why is Emily disappointed with Jack after they move to a new place?
5. Is there a rivalry between the two Grimes sisters?
6. What are the negative effects of choosing an authorial voice versus a character as narrator?
7. Who is Jack Flanders?
8. Do Emily and Andrew have a happy marriage?
9. Describe Pookie and Emily's visit to the country cottage where Sarah lives in Part 1: Chapter 3.
10. Describe Emily and Sarah's relationship in Part 2: Chapter 1.
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)