|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jack decide to take Emily in Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) To New York.
(b) To California.
(c) To Europe.
(d) On a cruise.
2. How does Emily get home from school?
(a) Emily rides the school bus.
(b) Emily walks with the other neighborhood children.
(c) Emily's mother picks her up.
(d) Sarah walks Emily home.
3. Where does Emily's father take her to celebrate the news of the scholarship?
(a) To the history museum.
(b) To the zoo.
(c) Shopping for new clothes.
(d) To lunch.
4. What does Emily begin writing an article about at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) Her experiences in Montana.
(b) Her experiences in Europe.
(c) Her experiences growing up in Tenafly, NY.
(d) Her experiences in Iowa.
5. What does Jack ask Emily to do in Part 2: Chapter 1?
(a) To marry him.
(b) To write an article for him.
(c) To have his child.
(d) To move with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Emily and Sarah?
2. What is the relationship between Pookie and Sarah?
3. What does Pookie do at Sarah and Tony's wedding?
4. Who does Pookie flirt with at Sarah and Tony's wedding?
5. Where does Emily live before she goes to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Emily disappointed with Jack after they move to a new place?
2. What is Jack's temperament like in Part 2: Chapter 2?
3. What does Emily learn in a letter from Sarah?
4. What does Tony think of Sarah's writing?
5. Do Emily and Andrew have a happy marriage?
6. What happens career-wise for Emily in Part 2: Chapter 1?
7. What happens for Emily in the year break Andrew takes from their relationship?
8. In Part 1: Chapter 3, in what ways does it become clear to the reader that Emily is now the narrating character?
9. Why is Emily disappointed with the trip she and Jack take to Europe?
10. What are the negative effects of choosing an authorial voice versus a character as narrator?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)