|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first character mentioned in The Easter Parade?
(c) Tony Wilson.
2. What does Sarah explain to Emily in Part 1:Chapter 2 when they are eating Popsicles?
(a) She teaches her how to sew.
(c) Sarah teaches Emily how to play tennis.
3. Who is Harold Schneider?
(a) Emily's friend from next door.
(b) Pookie's boyfriend.
(c) The newspaper delivery boy.
(d) Sarah's boyfriend.
4. What does Jack tell Emily about this school's invitation?
(a) That it's financially a good idea.
(b) Jack tells Emily that they have offered her a job.
(c) That it's huge honor.
(d) That he doesn't want to do it.
5. What does Pookie wear to Sarah and Tony's wedding?
(a) A purple hat.
(b) A yellow scarf.
(c) Shocking pink.
(d) A blue dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily's family push her to do after graduating from college?
2. What does Emily decide to do when she and Jack return home from their trip?
3. What is Emily and Sarah's father's profession?
4. What do Emily and Jack do under a tree in Part 2: Chapter 2?
5. How does Emily react to the news of Sarah's project?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is there a rivalry between the two Grimes sisters?
2. What happens for Emily in the year break Andrew takes from their relationship?
3. What is Jack's temperament like in Part 2: Chapter 2?
4. What does Emily learn in a letter from Sarah?
5. Who is Jack Flanders?
6. What are the negative effects of choosing an authorial voice versus a character as narrator?
7. Describe Andrew and Emily's relationship in Part 1: Chapter 4.
8. Describe Jack and Emily's relationship.
9. Describe what happens when Emily and Jack visit Sarah and her family.
10. Why is Emily disappointed with Jack after they move to a new place?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)