|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emily take her first job after graduating from college?
(a) Emily believes it is a door into reporting.
(b) She believes it is a door into the world of magazine writing.
(c) She wants to report the news.
(d) She is interested in sales.
2. What does Sarah's son, Peter, want to be when he grows up?
(a) A Methodist minister.
(b) An Episcopalian priest.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A lawyer.
3. Whom does the space that Pookie moves to belong to?
(a) Tony's sister.
(b) Jack's parents.
(c) Walter's mistress.
(d) Tony's parents.
4. What do Emily and Sarah have to contend with Pookie about?
(a) Pookie won't pay any attention to Sarah or Emily.
(b) Bad marks in schools.
(c) Pookie has a habit of exaggerating.
(d) Living above her means.
5. What does Sarah tell Emily that she has a talent for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first character mentioned in The Easter Parade?
2. What does Emily remain hopeful about, prompted by a overheard conversation between her parents?
3. Which of Emily's qualities is Andrew Crawford impressed by?
4. Who does Sarah meet at her first job after graduation from high school?
5. Why does Emily's family push her to do this?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Peter's reaction to Emily's outburst in the car on the way to his house?
2. Why does Pookie want to be close to Tony's parents?
3. What are Sarah and Tony's sons doing in Part 3: Chapter 1?
4. What happens as a result of Emily's refusal to help Sarah when she considers leaving Tony?
5. In Part 1: Chapters 1 through 2, what are the differences between Emily and Sarah?
6. Describe Jack and Emily's relationship.
7. Who is Howard Dunninger?
8. How can all of the writers as characters be described in Part 2: Chapter 2?
9. What does Emily do to help Sarah in Part 2: Chapter 4?
10. In Part 1: Chapter 2, why does Sarah's father, Walter Grimes, disapprove of his daughter's engagement?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)