|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack do with his current poetry?
(a) He calls his agent.
(b) He refuses to allow Emily to read it.
(c) He asks Emily to read it.
(d) Jack recites it for his class.
2. What is the relationship between Emily and Sarah?
(a) They are sisters.
(b) They are step-sisters.
(c) They are best friends.
(d) They are cousins.
3. How does Emily react to Jack's book?
(a) Emily laughs.
(b) She is unsupportive.
(c) Emily thinks it's not well-written.
(d) She is supportive.
4. Who is the first character mentioned in The Easter Parade?
(a) Tony Wilson.
5. What state is Sarah planning to do research in for her project?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jack believe is his rival?
2. What is Andrew embarrassed about in his relationship with Emily?
3. What is Emily and Sarah's father's profession?
4. Why does Emily not finish her article she is working on in Part 2: Chapter 2?
5. Where does Emily go at the end of Part 2: Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 1: Chapters 1 through 2, what are the differences between Emily and Sarah?
2. Describe Andrew and Emily's relationship in Part 1: Chapter 4.
3. How can all of the writers as characters be described in Part 2: Chapter 2?
4. What does Tony think of Sarah's writing?
5. In Part 1: Chapter 3, in what ways does it become clear to the reader that Emily is now the narrating character?
6. Discuss what happens with Jack and his poetry in Part 2: Chapter 2.
7. What is Sarah trying to write a book about?
8. There are several references to alcohol and alcoholism in Part 1: Chapters 3 and 4. What are some of those references?
9. Why is Emily disappointed with Jack after they move to a new place?
10. What happens when Emily and Jack return to Iowa City?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)