|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pookie wear to Sarah and Tony's wedding?
(a) A blue dress.
(b) A yellow scarf.
(c) Shocking pink.
(d) A purple hat.
2. What does Emily remain hopeful about, prompted by a overheard conversation between her parents?
(a) That her parents will get back together.
(b) She is hopeful that she passes her English test.
(c) That her parents will buy her a bicycle.
(d) That she will get a vanilla cake for her birthday.
3. What do Emily and Jack begin to do soon after they meet?
(b) Talk about their families together.
(c) Go shopping together.
(d) Eat lunch together.
4. Why does the relationship between Emily and the merchant seaman end?
(a) Emily is no longer interested in him.
(b) He wife returns.
(c) He decides he wants to explore homosexuality.
(d) He is called to work.
5. Who does Emily travel with at the end of Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) With Pookie.
(b) With Sarah.
(c) She travels alone.
(d) With Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of company does Emily work for?
2. Who is the first character mentioned in The Easter Parade?
3. On which holiday does Emily eavesdrop on her parents?
4. Why is Emily worried at her father's funeral?
5. What does Pookie do at Sarah and Tony's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Emily disappointed with Jack after they move to a new place?
2. In Part 1: Chapters 1 through 2, what are the differences between Emily and Sarah?
3. What is Sarah trying to write a book about?
4. Why is divorce a subject of Part 1: Chapters 1-2?
5. Why is Emily disappointed with the trip she and Jack take to Europe?
6. Discuss what happens with Jack and his poetry in Part 2: Chapter 2.
7. Why is Emily's success with her career and work ethic impressive?
8. Describe what happens when Emily and Jack visit Sarah and her family.
9. What happens for Emily in the year break Andrew takes from their relationship?
10. What does Emily learn in a letter from Sarah?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)