|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of studio does the neighbor of the party host run in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) A sculpture studio.
(b) A masturbation studio.
(c) A painter's studio.
(d) A pony studio.
2. What does a phone call Emily receives in Part 2: Chapter 3 prompt Emily to do?
(a) Remember the entire evening she had forgotten.
(b) Apologize to Sarah.
(c) Quit her job.
(d) Visit her mother.
3. Who calls Emily on the phone in Part 2: Chapter 3?
4. What has Emily been told is the cause of Sarah's death?
(b) Liver ailment and a fall.
(c) Emily is told that Sarah was in a car accident.
(d) Emily is told that Sarah died from pneumonia.
5. What does Emily discover when she visits Sarah in the hospital in Part 3: Chapter1?
(a) That Sarah has left the hospital.
(b) That Sarah has cancer.
(c) That her nephew has been injured.
(d) That Sarah has a severe head injury.
6. How does Sarah keep in touch with Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Phone calls.
(d) Through other family members.
7. What does Howard Dunninger make clear to Emily?
(a) That he hates his job.
(b) That he does not like Emily.
(c) That he loves his wife.
(d) That he wants to marry her.
8. What does Emily want to ask Tony in Part 3: Chapter 2?
(a) For a job.
(b) For money.
(c) If he killed Sarah.
(d) About his children.
9. Where did Emily go the night ending in the mysterious apartment?
(a) To a party thrown by business associates.
(b) To a birthday party.
(c) To Sarah's.
(d) To her mother's apartment.
10. What does Emily try to write an article about in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) Her ex-husband.
(b) Her struggles.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her addiction.
11. Where does Emily work in Part 2: Chapters 3-4?
(a) A public school.
(b) A law firm.
(c) An advertising agency.
(d) A magazine
12. Why is Sarah in the hospital in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) To visit a friend.
(b) For a suspicious mole.
(c) Because one of her son's injured himself.
(d) For acute alcoholism.
13. What are the poems about in the book Jack publishes in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) His and Emily's relationship.
(d) His ex-wife.
14. Where does Peter take Emily in Part 3: Chapter 2?
(a) To see Walter.
(b) To see Tony.
(c) To see Howard.
(d) To see Pookie.
15. What does Emily learn in this phone call she receives in Part 2: Chapter 3?
(a) That Pookie has collapsed.
(b) That Tony has left Sarah.
(c) That Sarah has been in an accident.
(d) That Jack wants Emily to come home.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Emily and Howard visit Sarah?
2. What does Emily try to remember at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
3. How long does Emily spend without a job?
4. What does Emily suspect happened to Sarah?
5. What do Emily and Sarah do at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 4?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)