|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sarah travel to New York in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) To get a job.
(b) To visit Pookie.
(c) To meet Emily for lunch.
(d) To meet with the family lawyer.
2. Why does Emily claim that she uses this topic as a conversation piece in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Because of her own confusion.
(b) Because of her own anger.
(c) Because of her own guilt.
(d) Because of her own anxiety.
3. What does Emily threaten to do when they arrive at Peter's house in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) Tell his wife what happened.
(b) Call the police.
(d) Write a letter.
4. What is believed to be the cause of Pookie's illness in Part 2: Chapter 3?
(c) An accident.
5. Who calls Emily on the phone in Part 2: Chapter 3?
6. Why does Emily's refuse Sarah's question in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Because she does not know the answer.
(b) Because she does not have enough money.
(c) Because she cannot get time off of work.
(d) Because Howard has moved into her apartment.
7. Why does Emily act disinterested in the masturbation studio?
(a) Because she thinks the idea is insane.
(b) The other party-goers love the idea.
(c) She is not interested in art.
(d) Because the other party-goers are negative towards it.
8. How do critics respond to Jack's latest book in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) They ignore the book.
(b) They say the book is mediocre.
(c) They dislike it.
(d) They love the book.
9. Who is Howard Dunninger?
(a) One of Emily's lovers.
(b) Emily's boss.
(c) A principal.
(d) Sarah's first husband.
10. What does Emily discover when she visits Sarah in the hospital in Part 3: Chapter1?
(a) That Sarah has left the hospital.
(b) That her nephew has been injured.
(c) That Sarah has a severe head injury.
(d) That Sarah has cancer.
11. Why is Sarah apprehensive about this plan for a big expense in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) She does not want to owe Emily anything.
(b) She is struggling with money.
(c) She doesn't want to speak to Jack's parents.
(d) Sarah doesn't want to ask Tony for help.
12. What does Emily try to remember at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
(a) Where she lives.
(b) Where she was the night before.
(c) The name of Sarah's first husband.
(d) What the name of her childhood best friend is.
13. Why is Emily not interested in the party she is invited to in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) She won't be in town.
(b) She won't know anyone there.
(c) Because there are no single men there.
(d) She doesn't have anything to wear.
14. What does Emily do about her suspicions concerning her sister's death?
(a) She calls the police.
(b) Emily confides in Tony.
(c) Emily hires a private investigator.
15. What is Peter doing in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) He is in college and preparing for the seminary.
(b) He is going into the military.
(c) He has become a mechanic.
(d) He is going to medical school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Tony's mood be described as after Sarah's funeral?
2. What does Michael Hogan do for a living?
3. What are the poems about in the book Jack publishes in Part 2: Chapter 4?
4. How do Emily and Sarah plan to pay for a big expense in Part 2: Chapter 4?
5. What does Emily want to ask Sarah's sons in Part 3: Chapter 2?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)