|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emily think Sarah resembles in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(b) Sarah's mother-in-law.
2. What happens with Emily's article in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) It is picked up by a national magazine.
(b) She does not finish it.
(c) The article is not accepted for print.
(d) She completes the article.
3. How does Emily react internally to the masturbation studio?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is disgusted.
(c) She is fascinated.
(d) She is motivated.
4. What does Emily learn after she finally returns to work in Part 3:Chapter 2?
(a) That Howard has died.
(b) That Tony has died.
(c) That her mother has died.
(d) That Peter has died.
5. What can Tony's mood be described as after Sarah's funeral?
6. What does Howard Dunninger make clear to Emily?
(a) That he wants to marry her.
(b) That he does not like Emily.
(c) That he hates his job.
(d) That he loves his wife.
7. Why does Sarah travel to New York in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) To get a job.
(b) To visit Pookie.
(c) To meet Emily for lunch.
(d) To meet with the family lawyer.
8. What has Emily been told is the cause of Sarah's death?
(a) Liver ailment and a fall.
(b) Emily is told that Sarah was in a car accident.
(d) Emily is told that Sarah died from pneumonia.
9. Where did Emily go the night ending in the mysterious apartment?
(a) To Sarah's.
(b) To her mother's apartment.
(c) To a party thrown by business associates.
(d) To a birthday party.
10. Why does Emily lose her job in Part 3: Chapter 2?
(a) She spills coffee on the boss.
(b) She is not qualified.
(c) She refuses to go to work.
(d) She leaves a new ad copy in a taxi.
11. Who calls Emily on the phone in Part 2: Chapter 3?
12. How old is Emily in Chapter 2 of Part 3?
(a) Late 40s.
(b) Early 50s.
(c) Late 30s.
(d) Early 40s.
13. What does Emily discover about her sister in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) That Sarah has published a book.
(b) That Sarah is pregnant.
(c) That Sarah has become a drunk.
(d) That Sarah is sick.
14. Where does Howard Dunninger go on frequent business trips?
15. What does Emily discover about Howard's business trips?
(a) That he is actually going to see his wife.
(b) That he is actually going to gamble.
(c) That Howard has been fired from his job.
(d) That Howard has a mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of studio does the neighbor of the party host run in Part 3: Chapter 3?
2. Why does Emily act disinterested in the masturbation studio?
3. What do Emily and Sarah do the night of going to the hospital in Part 2: Chapter 3?
4. When do Emily and Howard visit Sarah?
5. Whose apartment does Emily awaken in the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)