|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emily yell at Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) Peter forgot to pick her up on time.
(b) Because she knows he lied to her.
(c) She is frustrated and angry.
(d) Because he ran a red light.
2. What does Michael Hogan do for a living?
(b) Public Relations Executive
3. What kind of studio does the neighbor of the party host run in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) A pony studio.
(b) A masturbation studio.
(c) A sculpture studio.
(d) A painter's studio.
4. What does Emily suspect happened to Sarah?
(a) Emily believes that Howard killed her.
(b) Emily suspects that Pookie killed Sarah.
(c) Emily thinks that Sarah committed suicide.
(d) Emily believes that Tony killed her.
5. Where does Peter take Emily in Part 3: Chapter 2?
(a) To see Pookie.
(b) To see Tony.
(c) To see Howard.
(d) To see Walter.
6. What does Emily try to write an article about in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her addiction.
(c) Her ex-husband.
(d) Her struggles.
7. What is Howard's mood like when he returns from his trip in Part 3: Chapter 2?
8. Who is Emily having these conversations with in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Her multiple lovers.
(b) Her therapist.
9. Who does Emily think Sarah resembles in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(c) Sarah's mother-in-law.
10. What does Tony do after Sarah's death?
(a) Moves to Asia.
(b) Gets remarried.
(c) Wins the lottery.
(d) Asks for forgiveness.
11. What has Emily been told is the cause of Sarah's death?
(a) Emily is told that Sarah was in a car accident.
(b) Liver ailment and a fall.
(c) Emily is told that Sarah died from pneumonia.
12. When do Emily and Howard visit Sarah?
(a) Before they move to Iowa.
(b) At the beginning of winter in 1970.
(c) On their way to Florida.
(d) At the end of a summer vacation in 1967.
13. Why does Emily's refuse Sarah's question in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Because she does not know the answer.
(b) Because Howard has moved into her apartment.
(c) Because she does not have enough money.
(d) Because she cannot get time off of work.
14. Why is Emily not interested in the party she is invited to in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) She won't know anyone there.
(b) Because there are no single men there.
(c) She won't be in town.
(d) She doesn't have anything to wear.
15. What happens with Emily's job in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) She is let go.
(b) She quits.
(c) She is promoted.
(d) She is fired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Peter?
2. Where does Peter pick Emily up in Part 3: Chapter 3?
3. What is Eric doing in Part 3: Chapter 1?
4. What happens with Emily's article in Part 3: Chapter 3?
5. Why is Sarah in the hospital in Part 3: Chapter 1?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)