|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the youngest of Sarah and Tony's children?
(c) Tony Jr.
2. What happens with Emily's article in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) It is picked up by a national magazine.
(b) She does not finish it.
(c) The article is not accepted for print.
(d) She completes the article.
3. What has Emily been told is the cause of Sarah's death?
(b) Emily is told that Sarah was in a car accident.
(c) Emily is told that Sarah died from pneumonia.
(d) Liver ailment and a fall.
4. Who does Emily receive a phone call from at the end of Part 2: Chapter 3?
(d) Her mysterious lover.
5. What does Emily try to remember at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
(a) The name of Sarah's first husband.
(b) Where she lives.
(c) Where she was the night before.
(d) What the name of her childhood best friend is.
6. How does Emily react internally to the masturbation studio?
(a) She is fascinated.
(b) She is disgusted.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is motivated.
7. Why does Emily claim that she uses this topic as a conversation piece in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Because of her own anger.
(b) Because of her own confusion.
(c) Because of her own guilt.
(d) Because of her own anxiety.
8. What do Emily and Sarah do at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) They put Pookie in a nursing home.
(b) Ask Jack's parents for money.
(c) Call Pookie's therapist.
(d) Sell their mother's possessions.
9. How can Tony's mood be described in Part 3: Chapter 2?
10. What does Emily learn in this phone call she receives in Part 2: Chapter 3?
(a) That Tony has left Sarah.
(b) That Pookie has collapsed.
(c) That Jack wants Emily to come home.
(d) That Sarah has been in an accident.
11. What does Emily demand to know from Peter on the drive in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) Whether or not he is going to offer her a job.
(b) Why he quit school.
(c) Why he opened the studio.
(d) How Sarah died.
12. How do critics respond to Jack's latest book in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) They love the book.
(b) They ignore the book.
(c) They dislike it.
(d) They say the book is mediocre.
13. Why does Pookie go to the hospital in Part 2: Chapter 3?
(a) Sarah and Emily make her go.
(b) She isn't feel well.
(c) To visit Tony's father.
(d) She has had a cerebral brain hemorrhage.
14. What can Tony's mood be described as after Sarah's funeral?
15. Who does Emily attend the second funeral of Part 3: Chapter 2 for?
(a) Sarah's sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Emily and Sarah do the night of going to the hospital in Part 2: Chapter 3?
2. Who is Howard Dunninger?
3. Why does Sarah call Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
4. What is Howard's mood like when he returns from his trip in Part 3: Chapter 2?
5. What does Emily discover about Howard's business trips?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)