|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily demand to know from Peter on the drive in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) Whether or not he is going to offer her a job.
(b) Why he quit school.
(c) Why he opened the studio.
(d) How Sarah died.
2. What is Howard's mood like when he returns from his trip in Part 3: Chapter 2?
3. Why does Emily's refuse Sarah's question in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Because she cannot get time off of work.
(b) Because Howard has moved into her apartment.
(c) Because she does not have enough money.
(d) Because she does not know the answer.
4. Where does Emily work in Part 2: Chapters 3-4?
(a) A magazine
(b) A law firm.
(c) An advertising agency.
(d) A public school.
5. What does Emily try to remember at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
(a) What the name of her childhood best friend is.
(b) The name of Sarah's first husband.
(c) Where she was the night before.
(d) Where she lives.
6. What does Emily learn in this phone call she receives in Part 2: Chapter 3?
(a) That Jack wants Emily to come home.
(b) That Sarah has been in an accident.
(c) That Pookie has collapsed.
(d) That Tony has left Sarah.
7. How does Peter react to the question Emily asks him in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) He ignores the question.
(b) He answers truthfully.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He answers but it's a lie.
8. What does Emily learn after she finally returns to work in Part 3:Chapter 2?
(a) That Howard has died.
(b) That her mother has died.
(c) That Tony has died.
(d) That Peter has died.
9. What does a phone call Emily receives in Part 2: Chapter 3 prompt Emily to do?
(a) Quit her job.
(b) Visit her mother.
(c) Apologize to Sarah.
(d) Remember the entire evening she had forgotten.
10. What does Emily try to write an article about in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her ex-husband.
(c) Her addiction.
(d) Her struggles.
11. Why does Emily lose her job in Part 3: Chapter 2?
(a) She leaves a new ad copy in a taxi.
(b) She is not qualified.
(c) She refuses to go to work.
(d) She spills coffee on the boss.
12. How does Emily feel compared to Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(b) Poor and unsophisticated.
(c) Rich and sophisticated.
13. What kind of studio does the neighbor of the party host run in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) A painter's studio.
(b) A pony studio.
(c) A sculpture studio.
(d) A masturbation studio.
14. Who does Emily attend the second funeral of Part 3: Chapter 2 for?
(d) Sarah's sons.
15. What does Sarah ultimately decide to do at the end of Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) Move in with Emily.
(b) Leave Tony.
(c) Get help.
(d) Return to Tony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emily act disinterested in the masturbation studio?
2. How does Emily react internally to the masturbation studio?
3. How old is Emily in Chapter 2 of Part 3?
4. What does Emily do about her suspicions concerning her sister's death?
5. How do Emily and Sarah plan to pay for a big expense in Part 2: Chapter 4?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)