|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a phone call Emily receives in Part 2: Chapter 3 prompt Emily to do?
(a) Visit her mother.
(b) Apologize to Sarah.
(c) Remember the entire evening she had forgotten.
(d) Quit her job.
2. What does Emily do about her suspicions concerning her sister's death?
(a) Emily confides in Tony.
(c) She calls the police.
(d) Emily hires a private investigator.
3. What is Howard's mood like when he returns from his trip in Part 3: Chapter 2?
4. Who invites Emily to a party in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) A friend.
5. What are the poems about in the book Jack publishes in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) His and Emily's relationship.
(b) His ex-wife.
6. Where is Emily working in 1965?
(a) At a magazine.
(b) At an ad agency.
(c) At a school.
(d) At a hospital.
7. Who is Howard Dunninger?
(a) Emily's boss.
(b) A principal.
(c) One of Emily's lovers.
(d) Sarah's first husband.
8. How does Sarah keep in touch with Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Phone calls.
(c) Through other family members.
9. What does Tony do after Sarah's death?
(a) Wins the lottery.
(b) Moves to Asia.
(c) Gets remarried.
(d) Asks for forgiveness.
10. How old is Emily in Chapter 2 of Part 3?
(a) Late 40s.
(b) Late 30s.
(c) Early 40s.
(d) Early 50s.
11. What is Peter doing with his life in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) He is working as a magazine editor.
(b) He is running a studio.
(c) He is a teacher in California.
(d) He is married and has a child.
12. Why does Sarah call Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) To invite Emily for a visit.
(b) To ask for a loan.
(c) To ask advice about her children.
(d) To ask if she can move in with her.
13. What does Sarah attempt to do at the end of Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) Leave Tony.
(b) Stay with Tony.
(c) Forgive Tony.
(d) Get help.
14. What does Emily want to ask Tony in Part 3: Chapter 2?
(a) About his children.
(b) If he killed Sarah.
(c) For a job.
(d) For money.
15. How has Emily's boss changed in Part 3: Chapter 2?
(a) She is supportive, no longer angry and critical.
(b) Emily's boss has been promoted and no longer works in New York.
(c) She is angry and critical, no longer supportive.
(d) Emily's boss colors her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which month does Sarah call Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
2. How does Emily react internally to the masturbation studio?
3. Why is Sarah in the hospital in Part 3: Chapter 1?
4. Who is Peter?
5. Why is Emily not interested in the party she is invited to in Part 3: Chapter 3?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)