|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Peter doing in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) He is going into the military.
(b) He is going to medical school.
(c) He is in college and preparing for the seminary.
(d) He has become a mechanic.
2. Where does Peter take Emily in Part 3: Chapter 2?
(a) To see Pookie.
(b) To see Walter.
(c) To see Howard.
(d) To see Tony.
3. What is believed to be the cause of Pookie's illness in Part 2: Chapter 3?
(d) An accident.
4. How does Sarah keep in touch with Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(b) Phone calls.
(d) Through other family members.
5. How does Emily react internally to the masturbation studio?
(a) She is disgusted.
(b) She is motivated.
(c) She is fascinated.
(d) She is apathetic.
6. What happens with Emily's article in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) The article is not accepted for print.
(b) She does not finish it.
(c) It is picked up by a national magazine.
(d) She completes the article.
7. How old is Emily in Chapter 2 of Part 3?
(a) Late 40s.
(b) Late 30s.
(c) Early 40s.
(d) Early 50s.
8. Why is Emily not interested in the party she is invited to in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) She doesn't have anything to wear.
(b) Because there are no single men there.
(c) She won't know anyone there.
(d) She won't be in town.
9. What does Emily suspect happened to Sarah?
(a) Emily suspects that Pookie killed Sarah.
(b) Emily believes that Howard killed her.
(c) Emily believes that Tony killed her.
(d) Emily thinks that Sarah committed suicide.
10. What does Emily demand to know from Peter on the drive in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) Why he quit school.
(b) Why he opened the studio.
(c) Whether or not he is going to offer her a job.
(d) How Sarah died.
11. Who is Peter?
(a) The friend who hosts the party.
(b) Emily's nephew and Sarah and Tony's son.
(c) The man who runs the studio.
(d) Emily's cousin.
12. Why is Sarah apprehensive about this plan for a big expense in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) She is struggling with money.
(b) She does not want to owe Emily anything.
(c) Sarah doesn't want to ask Tony for help.
(d) She doesn't want to speak to Jack's parents.
13. Where does Emily work in Part 2: Chapters 3-4?
(a) A magazine
(b) An advertising agency.
(c) A public school.
(d) A law firm.
14. Who does Emily think Sarah resembles in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(b) Sarah's mother-in-law.
15. Why does Emily back away from Howard Dunninger?
(a) She discovers that he is gay.
(b) She discovers that he is married.
(c) She discovers that he is poor.
(d) She discovers that he is working for another company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Emily having these conversations with in Part 3: Chapter 1?
2. Whose apartment does Emily awaken in the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
3. How can Sarah be described at the end of Part 3: Chapter 1?
4. How does Emily feel compared to Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
5. Who is the youngest of Sarah and Tony's children?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)