|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sarah keep in touch with Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Phone calls.
(b) Through other family members.
2. Whose apartment does Emily awaken in the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
(c) A mysterious man's.
3. What does Emily discover when she visits Sarah in the hospital in Part 3: Chapter1?
(a) That her nephew has been injured.
(b) That Sarah has cancer.
(c) That Sarah has a severe head injury.
(d) That Sarah has left the hospital.
4. What has happened to Tony Jr. in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) He has entered the military.
(b) He is getting married.
(c) He is dropping out of school.
(d) He is going to college.
5. Why is Emily not interested in the party she is invited to in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) Because there are no single men there.
(b) She won't know anyone there.
(c) She doesn't have anything to wear.
(d) She won't be in town.
6. Who calls Emily on the phone in Part 2: Chapter 3?
7. Why does Emily act disinterested in the masturbation studio?
(a) Because she thinks the idea is insane.
(b) She is not interested in art.
(c) The other party-goers love the idea.
(d) Because the other party-goers are negative towards it.
8. Who does Emily receive a phone call from at the end of Part 2: Chapter 3?
(b) Her mysterious lover.
9. What does Emily do about her suspicions concerning her sister's death?
(a) She calls the police.
(b) Emily hires a private investigator.
(c) Emily confides in Tony.
10. What does Howard Dunninger make clear to Emily?
(a) That he hates his job.
(b) That he wants to marry her.
(c) That he loves his wife.
(d) That he does not like Emily.
11. Why does Sarah call Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) To ask if she can move in with her.
(b) To invite Emily for a visit.
(c) To ask advice about her children.
(d) To ask for a loan.
12. What does Sarah attempt to do at the end of Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) Stay with Tony.
(b) Forgive Tony.
(c) Leave Tony.
(d) Get help.
13. How do Emily and Sarah plan to pay for a big expense in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) They agree to split the cost.
(b) Emily agrees to pay.
(c) They ask Tony for money.
(d) They plan to ask Jack's parents for help.
14. How does Peter respond to Emily's threats in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He coaxes her inside.
(c) He tells her goodbye.
(d) He encourages her threats.
15. Why does Emily claim that she uses this topic as a conversation piece in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Because of her own guilt.
(b) Because of her own anger.
(c) Because of her own confusion.
(d) Because of her own anxiety.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah ultimately decide to do at the end of Part 2: Chapter 4?
2. How long does Emily spend without a job?
3. Where did Emily go the night ending in the mysterious apartment?
4. What does Emily want to ask Tony in Part 3: Chapter 2?
5. Who is Howard Dunninger?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)