|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tony receive a call from during the reception after Sarah's funeral?
(a) From Sarah.
(b) From his ex-wife.
(c) From the police.
(d) From his parents.
2. What does Tony do after Sarah's death?
(a) Gets remarried.
(b) Moves to Asia.
(c) Wins the lottery.
(d) Asks for forgiveness.
3. Why does Sarah travel to New York in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) To get a job.
(b) To meet with the family lawyer.
(c) To meet Emily for lunch.
(d) To visit Pookie.
4. How long does Emily spend without a job?
(a) One month.
(b) Ten months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
5. What does Emily suspect happened to Sarah?
(a) Emily believes that Tony killed her.
(b) Emily thinks that Sarah committed suicide.
(c) Emily suspects that Pookie killed Sarah.
(d) Emily believes that Howard killed her.
6. Who does Emily think Sarah resembles in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(d) Sarah's mother-in-law.
7. Who does Emily receive a phone call from at the end of Part 2: Chapter 3?
(a) Her mysterious lover.
8. How do critics respond to Jack's latest book in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) They ignore the book.
(b) They dislike it.
(c) They say the book is mediocre.
(d) They love the book.
9. What does a phone call Emily receives in Part 2: Chapter 3 prompt Emily to do?
(a) Visit her mother.
(b) Quit her job.
(c) Remember the entire evening she had forgotten.
(d) Apologize to Sarah.
10. What has Emily been told is the cause of Sarah's death?
(b) Emily is told that Sarah died from pneumonia.
(c) Emily is told that Sarah was in a car accident.
(d) Liver ailment and a fall.
11. Who is the youngest of Sarah and Tony's children?
(c) Tony Jr.
12. What does Emily learn in this phone call she receives in Part 2: Chapter 3?
(a) That Pookie has collapsed.
(b) That Jack wants Emily to come home.
(c) That Sarah has been in an accident.
(d) That Tony has left Sarah.
13. How does Sarah keep in touch with Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Through other family members.
(d) Phone calls.
14. What does Emily discover about Howard's business trips?
(a) That Howard has been fired from his job.
(b) That he is actually going to gamble.
(c) That he is actually going to see his wife.
(d) That Howard has a mistress.
15. What does Emily use as a conversation piece at the beginning of Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her ex-husband.
(c) Her job.
(d) Sarah's circumstances.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily demand to know from Peter on the drive in Part 3: Chapter 3?
2. What do Emily and Sarah do at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 4?
3. What does Emily do about her suspicions concerning her sister's death?
4. Why does Sarah call Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
5. What kind of studio does the neighbor of the party host run in Part 3: Chapter 3?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)