|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tony receive a call from during the reception after Sarah's funeral?
(a) From his parents.
(b) From the police.
(c) From Sarah.
(d) From his ex-wife.
2. Who is Peter?
(a) The man who runs the studio.
(b) Emily's cousin.
(c) The friend who hosts the party.
(d) Emily's nephew and Sarah and Tony's son.
3. Where does Emily work in Part 2: Chapters 3-4?
(a) An advertising agency.
(b) A public school.
(c) A magazine
(d) A law firm.
4. Why is Sarah apprehensive about this plan for a big expense in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) She doesn't want to speak to Jack's parents.
(b) She is struggling with money.
(c) Sarah doesn't want to ask Tony for help.
(d) She does not want to owe Emily anything.
5. Who is Emily having these conversations with in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(c) Her therapist.
(d) Her multiple lovers.
6. Who does Emily think Sarah resembles in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(b) Sarah's mother-in-law.
7. Why does Sarah travel to New York in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) To meet Emily for lunch.
(b) To get a job.
(c) To visit Pookie.
(d) To meet with the family lawyer.
8. Who does Emily attend the second funeral of Part 3: Chapter 2 for?
(a) Sarah's sons.
9. How can Sarah be described at the end of Part 3: Chapter 1?
(b) Happy and content.
(c) Drunk and out of touch with reality.
(d) Sober and relaxed.
10. Whose apartment does Emily awaken in the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
(b) A mysterious man's.
11. How can Tony's mood be described in Part 3: Chapter 2?
12. How does Emily react internally to the masturbation studio?
(a) She is disgusted.
(b) She is fascinated.
(c) She is motivated.
(d) She is apathetic.
13. Where does Peter take Emily in Part 3: Chapter 2?
(a) To see Howard.
(b) To see Walter.
(c) To see Tony.
(d) To see Pookie.
14. Who calls Emily on the phone in Part 2: Chapter 3?
15. What is Emily's job in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Copy writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Howard Dunninger?
2. Where did Emily go the night ending in the mysterious apartment?
3. What is believed to be the cause of Pookie's illness in Part 2: Chapter 3?
4. What does Emily try to remember at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
5. Who invites Emily to a party in Part 3: Chapter 3?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)