|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Emily's job in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(c) Copy writer.
2. Where did Emily go the night ending in the mysterious apartment?
(a) To her mother's apartment.
(b) To a party thrown by business associates.
(c) To Sarah's.
(d) To a birthday party.
3. What does Emily use as a conversation piece at the beginning of Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Sarah's circumstances.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her job.
(d) Her ex-husband.
4. How does Peter respond to Emily's threats in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) He tells her goodbye.
(b) He encourages her threats.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He coaxes her inside.
5. What does Emily try to write an article about in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) Her ex-husband.
(b) Her struggles.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her addiction.
6. What do Emily and Sarah do at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) They put Pookie in a nursing home.
(b) Ask Jack's parents for money.
(c) Sell their mother's possessions.
(d) Call Pookie's therapist.
7. What is Eric doing in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Eric has become a lawyer.
(b) Eric has become a mechanic.
(c) Eric has gone to college.
(d) Eric has become a teacher.
8. How does Emily react internally to the masturbation studio?
(a) She is motivated.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She is fascinated.
(d) She is disgusted.
9. When do Emily and Howard visit Sarah?
(a) At the end of a summer vacation in 1967.
(b) Before they move to Iowa.
(c) At the beginning of winter in 1970.
(d) On their way to Florida.
10. Why does Sarah travel to New York in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) To meet Emily for lunch.
(b) To get a job.
(c) To visit Pookie.
(d) To meet with the family lawyer.
11. What can Tony's mood be described as after Sarah's funeral?
12. Why is Emily not interested in the party she is invited to in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) She doesn't have anything to wear.
(b) She won't know anyone there.
(c) Because there are no single men there.
(d) She won't be in town.
13. How does Sarah keep in touch with Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Through other family members.
(d) Phone calls.
14. Why does Emily act disinterested in the masturbation studio?
(a) Because she thinks the idea is insane.
(b) Because the other party-goers are negative towards it.
(c) The other party-goers love the idea.
(d) She is not interested in art.
15. Who does Emily attend the second funeral of Part 3: Chapter 2 for?
(b) Sarah's sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily discover when she visits Sarah in the hospital in Part 3: Chapter1?
2. Why does Emily claim that she uses this topic as a conversation piece in Part 3: Chapter 1?
3. Whose apartment does Emily awaken in the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
4. What does Emily learn in this phone call she receives in Part 2: Chapter 3?
5. How has Emily's boss changed in Part 3: Chapter 2?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)