|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily want to ask Tony in Part 3: Chapter 2?
(a) About his children.
(b) For money.
(c) For a job.
(d) If he killed Sarah.
2. Where does Emily work in Part 2: Chapters 3-4?
(a) A law firm.
(b) A public school.
(c) An advertising agency.
(d) A magazine
3. What does Howard Dunninger tell Emily about his situation?
(a) That he and his wife are separated.
(b) That he loves her.
(c) That he is moving.
(d) That he is getting a promotion.
4. Why does Emily claim that she uses this topic as a conversation piece in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Because of her own anger.
(b) Because of her own guilt.
(c) Because of her own anxiety.
(d) Because of her own confusion.
5. How does Sarah keep in touch with Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(b) Phone calls.
(d) Through other family members.
6. What has Emily been told is the cause of Sarah's death?
(a) Emily is told that Sarah was in a car accident.
(b) Liver ailment and a fall.
(c) Emily is told that Sarah died from pneumonia.
7. Why does Sarah call Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) To ask if she can move in with her.
(b) To ask advice about her children.
(c) To ask for a loan.
(d) To invite Emily for a visit.
8. In which month does Sarah call Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
9. What can Tony's mood be described as after Sarah's funeral?
10. What does Emily discover about Howard's business trips?
(a) That he is actually going to gamble.
(b) That Howard has been fired from his job.
(c) That Howard has a mistress.
(d) That he is actually going to see his wife.
11. When do Emily and Howard visit Sarah?
(a) At the beginning of winter in 1970.
(b) At the end of a summer vacation in 1967.
(c) Before they move to Iowa.
(d) On their way to Florida.
12. Who does Emily think Sarah resembles in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(c) Sarah's mother-in-law.
13. How can Tony's mood be described in Part 3: Chapter 2?
14. What does Michael Hogan do for a living?
(b) Public Relations Executive
15. Why does Emily act disinterested in the masturbation studio?
(a) Because the other party-goers are negative towards it.
(b) Because she thinks the idea is insane.
(c) The other party-goers love the idea.
(d) She is not interested in art.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Howard Dunninger?
2. Where does Peter take Emily in Part 3: Chapter 2?
3. Where does Peter pick Emily up in Part 3: Chapter 3?
4. Where did Emily go the night ending in the mysterious apartment?
5. How does Emily react internally to the masturbation studio?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)