|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Emily working in 1965?
(a) At a magazine.
(b) At a hospital.
(c) At an ad agency.
(d) At a school.
2. What does Emily threaten to do when they arrive at Peter's house in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Write a letter.
(c) Tell his wife what happened.
3. What does Emily do about her suspicions concerning her sister's death?
(a) She calls the police.
(b) Emily confides in Tony.
(c) Emily hires a private investigator.
4. What does Sarah attempt to do at the end of Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) Stay with Tony.
(b) Get help.
(c) Leave Tony.
(d) Forgive Tony.
5. How does Peter respond to Emily's threats in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) He tells her goodbye.
(b) He encourages her threats.
(c) He coaxes her inside.
(d) He ignores her.
6. What is Emily's job in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Copy writer.
7. How does Emily react internally to the masturbation studio?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is disgusted.
(c) She is fascinated.
(d) She is motivated.
8. What does Emily discover when she visits Sarah in the hospital in Part 3: Chapter1?
(a) That her nephew has been injured.
(b) That Sarah has left the hospital.
(c) That Sarah has a severe head injury.
(d) That Sarah has cancer.
9. Why is Emily not interested in the party she is invited to in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) She doesn't have anything to wear.
(b) Because there are no single men there.
(c) She won't know anyone there.
(d) She won't be in town.
10. How has Emily's boss changed in Part 3: Chapter 2?
(a) Emily's boss colors her hair.
(b) She is supportive, no longer angry and critical.
(c) She is angry and critical, no longer supportive.
(d) Emily's boss has been promoted and no longer works in New York.
11. In which month does Sarah call Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
12. What does a phone call Emily receives in Part 2: Chapter 3 prompt Emily to do?
(a) Remember the entire evening she had forgotten.
(b) Quit her job.
(c) Visit her mother.
(d) Apologize to Sarah.
13. Where does Howard travel to in Part 3: Chapter 2?
14. What is Eric doing in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Eric has become a lawyer.
(b) Eric has gone to college.
(c) Eric has become a teacher.
(d) Eric has become a mechanic.
15. What does Emily want to ask Tony in Part 3: Chapter 2?
(a) About his children.
(b) If he killed Sarah.
(c) For a job.
(d) For money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony do after Sarah's death?
2. Why is Sarah in the hospital in Part 3: Chapter 1?
3. Who is Howard Dunninger?
4. What does Emily demand to know from Peter on the drive in Part 3: Chapter 3?
5. Who calls Emily on the phone in Part 2: Chapter 3?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)