|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eric doing in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Eric has gone to college.
(b) Eric has become a teacher.
(c) Eric has become a lawyer.
(d) Eric has become a mechanic.
2. Why does Emily back away from Howard Dunninger?
(a) She discovers that he is gay.
(b) She discovers that he is working for another company.
(c) She discovers that he is married.
(d) She discovers that he is poor.
3. Whose apartment does Emily awaken in the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
(d) A mysterious man's.
4. Why is Sarah in the hospital in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) To visit a friend.
(b) For a suspicious mole.
(c) Because one of her son's injured himself.
(d) For acute alcoholism.
5. What does Emily find when she goes to Sarah's hotel the same night as they had lunch?
(a) That Sarah does not have money to pay for her hotel.
(b) That Tony has beaten Sarah severely.
(c) That Sarah is not there.
(d) That Sarah is ill.
6. What are the poems about in the book Jack publishes in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) His and Emily's relationship.
(d) His ex-wife.
7. Why does Emily call Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) To see if she can bring anything to the party.
(b) To ask if she can visit the studio.
(c) To arrange a visit.
(d) To ask about her aunt.
8. Where does Howard Dunninger go on frequent business trips?
9. How do critics respond to Jack's latest book in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) They say the book is mediocre.
(b) They love the book.
(c) They dislike it.
(d) They ignore the book.
10. Who does Tony receive a call from during the reception after Sarah's funeral?
(a) From the police.
(b) From Sarah.
(c) From his ex-wife.
(d) From his parents.
11. What does Emily do about her suspicions concerning her sister's death?
(a) Emily hires a private investigator.
(b) Emily confides in Tony.
(c) She calls the police.
12. Why does Sarah travel to New York in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) To visit Pookie.
(b) To get a job.
(c) To meet with the family lawyer.
(d) To meet Emily for lunch.
13. What does Emily discover when she visits Sarah in the hospital in Part 3: Chapter1?
(a) That her nephew has been injured.
(b) That Sarah has cancer.
(c) That Sarah has a severe head injury.
(d) That Sarah has left the hospital.
14. Who does Emily attend the second funeral of Part 3: Chapter 2 for?
(b) Sarah's sons.
15. What does Emily demand to know from Peter on the drive in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) Why he opened the studio.
(b) Why he quit school.
(c) Whether or not he is going to offer her a job.
(d) How Sarah died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of studio does the neighbor of the party host run in Part 3: Chapter 3?
2. What is Peter doing with his life in Part 3: Chapter 3?
3. Who does Emily think Sarah resembles in Part 3: Chapter 1?
4. How can Sarah be described at the end of Part 3: Chapter 1?
5. Where does Peter take Emily in Part 3: Chapter 2?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)