|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Emily and Sarah plan to pay for a big expense in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) They plan to ask Jack's parents for help.
(b) They agree to split the cost.
(c) They ask Tony for money.
(d) Emily agrees to pay.
2. Where does Emily work in Part 2: Chapters 3-4?
(a) An advertising agency.
(b) A public school.
(c) A magazine
(d) A law firm.
3. What kind of studio does the neighbor of the party host run in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) A masturbation studio.
(b) A pony studio.
(c) A painter's studio.
(d) A sculpture studio.
4. How does Peter react to the question Emily asks him in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) He ignores the question.
(b) He answers truthfully.
(c) He answers but it's a lie.
(d) He is outraged.
5. When do Emily and Howard visit Sarah?
(a) At the end of a summer vacation in 1967.
(b) At the beginning of winter in 1970.
(c) Before they move to Iowa.
(d) On their way to Florida.
6. Who does Emily attend the second funeral of Part 3: Chapter 2 for?
(b) Sarah's sons.
7. In which month does Sarah call Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
8. What has Emily been told is the cause of Sarah's death?
(a) Liver ailment and a fall.
(c) Emily is told that Sarah died from pneumonia.
(d) Emily is told that Sarah was in a car accident.
9. What does Emily try to remember at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
(a) What the name of her childhood best friend is.
(b) Where she was the night before.
(c) Where she lives.
(d) The name of Sarah's first husband.
10. How can Sarah be described at the end of Part 3: Chapter 1?
(b) Sober and relaxed.
(c) Drunk and out of touch with reality.
(d) Happy and content.
11. What does Emily use as a conversation piece at the beginning of Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Her ex-husband.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her job.
(d) Sarah's circumstances.
12. Why does Emily yell at Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) Because he ran a red light.
(b) Peter forgot to pick her up on time.
(c) Because she knows he lied to her.
(d) She is frustrated and angry.
13. What is Eric doing in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Eric has become a teacher.
(b) Eric has become a lawyer.
(c) Eric has become a mechanic.
(d) Eric has gone to college.
14. What happens with Emily's job in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) She is let go.
(b) She is fired.
(c) She quits.
(d) She is promoted.
15. How does Emily feel compared to Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) Rich and sophisticated.
(c) Poor and unsophisticated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emily back away from Howard Dunninger?
2. What does Emily want to ask Tony in Part 3: Chapter 2?
3. Who is Howard Dunninger?
4. Who does Tony receive a call from during the reception after Sarah's funeral?
5. What does Emily threaten to do when they arrive at Peter's house in Part 3: Chapter 3?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)