|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Howard travel to in Part 3: Chapter 2?
2. What does Michael Hogan do for a living?
(c) Public Relations Executive
3. Why is Sarah apprehensive about this plan for a big expense in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) She does not want to owe Emily anything.
(b) She doesn't want to speak to Jack's parents.
(c) She is struggling with money.
(d) Sarah doesn't want to ask Tony for help.
4. Who is Michael Hogan?
(a) Emily's lover.
(b) Emily's boss.
(c) Pookie's doctor.
(d) The Grimes family lawyer.
5. What does Emily discover about Howard's business trips?
(a) That he is actually going to see his wife.
(b) That he is actually going to gamble.
(c) That Howard has been fired from his job.
(d) That Howard has a mistress.
6. What is Emily fearful of in Part 3: Chapter1?
(a) The dark.
(b) Being fired at work.
(c) That Howard is still seeing his wife.
(d) Tony's illness.
7. What does Emily discover about her sister in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) That Sarah is sick.
(b) That Sarah has become a drunk.
(c) That Sarah is pregnant.
(d) That Sarah has published a book.
8. Who is the youngest of Sarah and Tony's children?
(c) Tony Jr.
9. Why does Emily back away from Howard Dunninger?
(a) She discovers that he is poor.
(b) She discovers that he is working for another company.
(c) She discovers that he is gay.
(d) She discovers that he is married.
10. What does Emily use as a conversation piece at the beginning of Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Sarah's circumstances.
(c) Her job.
(d) Her ex-husband.
11. What does Tony do after Sarah's death?
(a) Asks for forgiveness.
(b) Wins the lottery.
(c) Gets remarried.
(d) Moves to Asia.
12. How does Emily react internally to the masturbation studio?
(a) She is disgusted.
(b) She is fascinated.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is motivated.
13. Why does Pookie go to the hospital in Part 2: Chapter 3?
(a) Sarah and Emily make her go.
(b) To visit Tony's father.
(c) She has had a cerebral brain hemorrhage.
(d) She isn't feel well.
14. How does Peter respond to Emily's threats in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) He encourages her threats.
(b) He coaxes her inside.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He tells her goodbye.
15. What is Peter doing with his life in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) He is running a studio.
(b) He is married and has a child.
(c) He is working as a magazine editor.
(d) He is a teacher in California.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Emily attend the second funeral of Part 3: Chapter 2 for?
2. Where does Peter take Emily in Part 3: Chapter 2?
3. What does Emily try to write an article about in Part 3: Chapter 3?
4. How does Peter react to the question Emily asks him in Part 3: Chapter 3?
5. What is Howard's mood like when he returns from his trip in Part 3: Chapter 2?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)