|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to Tony Jr. in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) He has entered the military.
(b) He is going to college.
(c) He is getting married.
(d) He is dropping out of school.
2. Why does Emily claim that she uses this topic as a conversation piece in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Because of her own guilt.
(b) Because of her own confusion.
(c) Because of her own anxiety.
(d) Because of her own anger.
3. How has Emily's boss changed in Part 3: Chapter 2?
(a) Emily's boss colors her hair.
(b) Emily's boss has been promoted and no longer works in New York.
(c) She is angry and critical, no longer supportive.
(d) She is supportive, no longer angry and critical.
4. How long does Emily spend without a job?
(a) Ten months.
(b) One month.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
5. What does Emily learn after she finally returns to work in Part 3:Chapter 2?
(a) That Peter has died.
(b) That Howard has died.
(c) That her mother has died.
(d) That Tony has died.
6. What is believed to be the cause of Pookie's illness in Part 2: Chapter 3?
(c) An accident.
7. What is Emily fearful of in Part 3: Chapter1?
(a) The dark.
(b) Tony's illness.
(c) That Howard is still seeing his wife.
(d) Being fired at work.
8. Who invites Emily to a party in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) A friend.
9. What does Emily learn in this phone call she receives in Part 2: Chapter 3?
(a) That Sarah has been in an accident.
(b) That Jack wants Emily to come home.
(c) That Pookie has collapsed.
(d) That Tony has left Sarah.
10. Why does Emily act disinterested in the masturbation studio?
(a) Because the other party-goers are negative towards it.
(b) She is not interested in art.
(c) Because she thinks the idea is insane.
(d) The other party-goers love the idea.
11. What does a phone call Emily receives in Part 2: Chapter 3 prompt Emily to do?
(a) Remember the entire evening she had forgotten.
(b) Apologize to Sarah.
(c) Quit her job.
(d) Visit her mother.
12. Why does Emily call Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) To ask if she can visit the studio.
(b) To see if she can bring anything to the party.
(c) To ask about her aunt.
(d) To arrange a visit.
13. Why is Sarah in the hospital in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) To visit a friend.
(b) For a suspicious mole.
(c) Because one of her son's injured himself.
(d) For acute alcoholism.
14. Why does Emily back away from Howard Dunninger?
(a) She discovers that he is working for another company.
(b) She discovers that he is poor.
(c) She discovers that he is gay.
(d) She discovers that he is married.
15. What is Peter doing in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) He is going to medical school.
(b) He is going into the military.
(c) He is in college and preparing for the seminary.
(d) He has become a mechanic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens with Emily's job in Part 2: Chapter 4?
2. How does Emily feel compared to Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
3. Whose apartment does Emily awaken in the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
4. What does Emily use as a conversation piece at the beginning of Part 3: Chapter 1?
5. Who is Emily having these conversations with in Part 3: Chapter 1?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)