|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is believed to be the cause of Pookie's illness in Part 2: Chapter 3?
(a) An accident.
2. Who does Tony receive a call from during the reception after Sarah's funeral?
(a) From his ex-wife.
(b) From Sarah.
(c) From his parents.
(d) From the police.
3. What is Peter doing in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) He has become a mechanic.
(b) He is going into the military.
(c) He is in college and preparing for the seminary.
(d) He is going to medical school.
4. Why does Sarah call Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) To invite Emily for a visit.
(b) To ask for a loan.
(c) To ask advice about her children.
(d) To ask if she can move in with her.
5. What can Tony's mood be described as after Sarah's funeral?
6. Who calls Emily on the phone in Part 2: Chapter 3?
7. What does Emily try to write an article about in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) Her addiction.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her ex-husband.
(d) Her struggles.
8. Who does Emily think Sarah resembles in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Sarah's mother-in-law.
9. Whose apartment does Emily awaken in the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
(b) A mysterious man's.
10. Why does Emily's refuse Sarah's question in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Because she does not have enough money.
(b) Because she does not know the answer.
(c) Because she cannot get time off of work.
(d) Because Howard has moved into her apartment.
11. What does Tony do after Sarah's death?
(a) Asks for forgiveness.
(b) Gets remarried.
(c) Moves to Asia.
(d) Wins the lottery.
12. Why does Emily lose her job in Part 3: Chapter 2?
(a) She leaves a new ad copy in a taxi.
(b) She spills coffee on the boss.
(c) She refuses to go to work.
(d) She is not qualified.
13. Why is Emily not interested in the party she is invited to in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) She won't be in town.
(b) She won't know anyone there.
(c) She doesn't have anything to wear.
(d) Because there are no single men there.
14. Why does Emily call Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) To ask about her aunt.
(b) To see if she can bring anything to the party.
(c) To arrange a visit.
(d) To ask if she can visit the studio.
15. Where did Emily go the night ending in the mysterious apartment?
(a) To a party thrown by business associates.
(b) To Sarah's.
(c) To her mother's apartment.
(d) To a birthday party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peter doing with his life in Part 3: Chapter 3?
2. What does Emily learn in this phone call she receives in Part 2: Chapter 3?
3. Why is Sarah in the hospital in Part 3: Chapter 1?
4. What does Howard Dunninger tell Emily about his situation?
5. When do Emily and Howard visit Sarah?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)