|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emily yell at Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) She is frustrated and angry.
(b) Because she knows he lied to her.
(c) Because he ran a red light.
(d) Peter forgot to pick her up on time.
2. What does Emily want to ask Tony in Part 3: Chapter 2?
(a) About his children.
(b) For money.
(c) If he killed Sarah.
(d) For a job.
3. What does Tony do after Sarah's death?
(a) Wins the lottery.
(b) Gets remarried.
(c) Moves to Asia.
(d) Asks for forgiveness.
4. Who invites Emily to a party in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(c) A friend.
5. Why does Emily's refuse Sarah's question in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Because she cannot get time off of work.
(b) Because Howard has moved into her apartment.
(c) Because she does not know the answer.
(d) Because she does not have enough money.
6. What is Howard's mood like when he returns from his trip in Part 3: Chapter 2?
7. How does Emily react internally to the masturbation studio?
(a) She is disgusted.
(b) She is fascinated.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is motivated.
8. Where does Peter pick Emily up in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) At work.
(b) At a bus station.
(c) At her home.
(d) At an airport.
9. What does Emily use as a conversation piece at the beginning of Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Her job.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Sarah's circumstances.
(d) Her ex-husband.
10. What does Sarah ultimately decide to do at the end of Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) Move in with Emily.
(b) Get help.
(c) Leave Tony.
(d) Return to Tony.
11. Why does Emily act disinterested in the masturbation studio?
(a) The other party-goers love the idea.
(b) Because she thinks the idea is insane.
(c) Because the other party-goers are negative towards it.
(d) She is not interested in art.
12. Who does Emily receive a phone call from at the end of Part 2: Chapter 3?
(c) Her mysterious lover.
13. How does Emily feel compared to Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) Poor and unsophisticated.
(b) Rich and sophisticated.
14. What does Emily find when she goes to Sarah's hotel the same night as they had lunch?
(a) That Tony has beaten Sarah severely.
(b) That Sarah is not there.
(c) That Sarah is ill.
(d) That Sarah does not have money to pay for her hotel.
15. How does Sarah keep in touch with Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(b) Through other family members.
(c) Phone calls.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Tony's mood be described in Part 3: Chapter 2?
2. What is Emily's job in Part 3: Chapter 1?
3. What does Emily learn after she finally returns to work in Part 3:Chapter 2?
4. How do critics respond to Jack's latest book in Part 2: Chapter 4?
5. Who is Howard Dunninger?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)