|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily try to remember at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
(a) Where she was the night before.
(b) Where she lives.
(c) The name of Sarah's first husband.
(d) What the name of her childhood best friend is.
2. Who is Emily having these conversations with in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(b) Her therapist.
(c) Her multiple lovers.
3. Who is Peter?
(a) Emily's cousin.
(b) Emily's nephew and Sarah and Tony's son.
(c) The friend who hosts the party.
(d) The man who runs the studio.
4. What does Howard Dunninger tell Emily about his situation?
(a) That he is moving.
(b) That he loves her.
(c) That he is getting a promotion.
(d) That he and his wife are separated.
5. How can Tony's mood be described in Part 3: Chapter 2?
6. Where is Emily working in 1965?
(a) At an ad agency.
(b) At a hospital.
(c) At a school.
(d) At a magazine.
7. How long does Emily spend without a job?
(a) Ten months.
(b) One month.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
8. What can Tony's mood be described as after Sarah's funeral?
9. Where did Emily go the night ending in the mysterious apartment?
(a) To a birthday party.
(b) To a party thrown by business associates.
(c) To Sarah's.
(d) To her mother's apartment.
10. Where does Emily work in Part 2: Chapters 3-4?
(a) A magazine
(b) An advertising agency.
(c) A law firm.
(d) A public school.
11. How do critics respond to Jack's latest book in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) They love the book.
(b) They say the book is mediocre.
(c) They dislike it.
(d) They ignore the book.
12. What is Emily's job in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(c) Copy writer.
13. Why does Emily claim that she uses this topic as a conversation piece in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Because of her own anxiety.
(b) Because of her own guilt.
(c) Because of her own confusion.
(d) Because of her own anger.
14. What does Howard Dunninger make clear to Emily?
(a) That he does not like Emily.
(b) That he hates his job.
(c) That he loves his wife.
(d) That he wants to marry her.
15. What does Emily try to write an article about in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) Her ex-husband.
(b) Her addiction.
(c) Her struggles.
(d) Her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emily call Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
2. What is Peter doing in Part 3: Chapter 1?
3. What does Emily find when she goes to Sarah's hotel the same night as they had lunch?
4. Who calls Emily on the phone in Part 2: Chapter 3?
5. Why does Pookie go to the hospital in Part 2: Chapter 3?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)