|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emily attend the second funeral of Part 3: Chapter 2 for?
(b) Sarah's sons.
2. In which month does Sarah call Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
3. What does Emily try to remember at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
(a) Where she lives.
(b) Where she was the night before.
(c) The name of Sarah's first husband.
(d) What the name of her childhood best friend is.
4. What does Emily find when she goes to Sarah's hotel the same night as they had lunch?
(a) That Tony has beaten Sarah severely.
(b) That Sarah does not have money to pay for her hotel.
(c) That Sarah is ill.
(d) That Sarah is not there.
5. Who is the youngest of Sarah and Tony's children?
(a) Tony Jr.
6. Who is Michael Hogan?
(a) The Grimes family lawyer.
(b) Pookie's doctor.
(c) Emily's boss.
(d) Emily's lover.
7. Why is Sarah in the hospital in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Because one of her son's injured himself.
(b) For a suspicious mole.
(c) For acute alcoholism.
(d) To visit a friend.
8. What does Emily demand to know from Peter on the drive in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) Why he opened the studio.
(b) Why he quit school.
(c) How Sarah died.
(d) Whether or not he is going to offer her a job.
9. What does Howard Dunninger make clear to Emily?
(a) That he hates his job.
(b) That he does not like Emily.
(c) That he loves his wife.
(d) That he wants to marry her.
10. Why does Emily call Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) To see if she can bring anything to the party.
(b) To ask about her aunt.
(c) To arrange a visit.
(d) To ask if she can visit the studio.
11. How do Emily and Sarah plan to pay for a big expense in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) They plan to ask Jack's parents for help.
(b) They ask Tony for money.
(c) They agree to split the cost.
(d) Emily agrees to pay.
12. Why does Sarah travel to New York in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) To meet with the family lawyer.
(b) To get a job.
(c) To meet Emily for lunch.
(d) To visit Pookie.
13. How does Emily feel compared to Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(b) Poor and unsophisticated.
(c) Rich and sophisticated.
14. What do Emily and Sarah do the night of going to the hospital in Part 2: Chapter 3?
(a) They reminisce about their childhood.
(b) They ignore each other.
(c) They fight.
(d) They visit their father.
15. How does Peter react to the question Emily asks him in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) He is outraged.
(b) He answers truthfully.
(c) He ignores the question.
(d) He answers but it's a lie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Tony Jr. in Part 3: Chapter 1?
2. When do Emily and Howard visit Sarah?
3. What does Emily want to ask Tony in Part 3: Chapter 2?
4. What does Sarah attempt to do at the end of Part 2: Chapter 4?
5. What does Sarah ultimately decide to do at the end of Part 2: Chapter 4?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)