|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Emily react internally to the masturbation studio?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is fascinated.
(c) She is motivated.
(d) She is disgusted.
2. How does Peter respond to Emily's threats in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) He tells her goodbye.
(b) He encourages her threats.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He coaxes her inside.
3. Where is Emily working in 1965?
(a) At a hospital.
(b) At a school.
(c) At an ad agency.
(d) At a magazine.
4. What does Emily discover about Howard's business trips?
(a) That he is actually going to gamble.
(b) That Howard has a mistress.
(c) That Howard has been fired from his job.
(d) That he is actually going to see his wife.
5. What does Emily use as a conversation piece at the beginning of Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Her job.
(b) Her ex-husband.
(c) Sarah's circumstances.
(d) Her parents.
6. What does Emily want to ask Tony in Part 3: Chapter 2?
(a) For a job.
(b) About his children.
(c) If he killed Sarah.
(d) For money.
7. Whose apartment does Emily awaken in the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
(c) A mysterious man's.
8. What does Sarah attempt to do at the end of Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) Leave Tony.
(b) Get help.
(c) Stay with Tony.
(d) Forgive Tony.
9. How has Emily's boss changed in Part 3: Chapter 2?
(a) She is supportive, no longer angry and critical.
(b) Emily's boss colors her hair.
(c) She is angry and critical, no longer supportive.
(d) Emily's boss has been promoted and no longer works in New York.
10. How does Emily feel compared to Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) Poor and unsophisticated.
(c) Rich and sophisticated.
11. How do Emily and Sarah plan to pay for a big expense in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) Emily agrees to pay.
(b) They agree to split the cost.
(c) They plan to ask Jack's parents for help.
(d) They ask Tony for money.
12. What does Emily suspect happened to Sarah?
(a) Emily believes that Howard killed her.
(b) Emily thinks that Sarah committed suicide.
(c) Emily believes that Tony killed her.
(d) Emily suspects that Pookie killed Sarah.
13. What does Emily discover when she visits Sarah in the hospital in Part 3: Chapter1?
(a) That Sarah has a severe head injury.
(b) That Sarah has cancer.
(c) That her nephew has been injured.
(d) That Sarah has left the hospital.
14. Where did Emily go the night ending in the mysterious apartment?
(a) To a party thrown by business associates.
(b) To her mother's apartment.
(c) To a birthday party.
(d) To Sarah's.
15. What is Emily fearful of in Part 3: Chapter1?
(a) The dark.
(b) That Howard is still seeing his wife.
(c) Tony's illness.
(d) Being fired at work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Tony Jr. in Part 3: Chapter 1?
2. Why does Emily yell at Peter in Part 3: Chapter 3?
3. Who does Emily think Sarah resembles in Part 3: Chapter 1?
4. What does Emily learn after she finally returns to work in Part 3:Chapter 2?
5. What does Howard Dunninger make clear to Emily?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)