|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Peter?
(a) Emily's cousin.
(b) The friend who hosts the party.
(c) Emily's nephew and Sarah and Tony's son.
(d) The man who runs the studio.
2. What does Emily discover about her sister in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) That Sarah has become a drunk.
(b) That Sarah has published a book.
(c) That Sarah is pregnant.
(d) That Sarah is sick.
3. Why does Emily claim that she uses this topic as a conversation piece in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Because of her own confusion.
(b) Because of her own anger.
(c) Because of her own guilt.
(d) Because of her own anxiety.
4. What does Emily learn in this phone call she receives in Part 2: Chapter 3?
(a) That Tony has left Sarah.
(b) That Jack wants Emily to come home.
(c) That Sarah has been in an accident.
(d) That Pookie has collapsed.
5. How do Emily and Sarah plan to pay for a big expense in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) They plan to ask Jack's parents for help.
(b) They agree to split the cost.
(c) Emily agrees to pay.
(d) They ask Tony for money.
6. Where does Howard Dunninger go on frequent business trips?
7. Who is Howard Dunninger?
(a) A principal.
(b) One of Emily's lovers.
(c) Emily's boss.
(d) Sarah's first husband.
8. What does Emily learn after she finally returns to work in Part 3:Chapter 2?
(a) That Peter has died.
(b) That Howard has died.
(c) That her mother has died.
(d) That Tony has died.
9. Where is Emily working in 1965?
(a) At a magazine.
(b) At a school.
(c) At an ad agency.
(d) At a hospital.
10. Where does Peter take Emily in Part 3: Chapter 2?
(a) To see Walter.
(b) To see Pookie.
(c) To see Howard.
(d) To see Tony.
11. What happens with Emily's job in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) She is promoted.
(b) She quits.
(c) She is fired.
(d) She is let go.
12. How can Tony's mood be described in Part 3: Chapter 2?
13. What can Tony's mood be described as after Sarah's funeral?
14. Whose apartment does Emily awaken in the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
(c) A mysterious man's.
15. What is Howard's mood like when he returns from his trip in Part 3: Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the poems about in the book Jack publishes in Part 2: Chapter 4?
2. What is Emily's job in Part 3: Chapter 1?
3. Why does Sarah travel to New York in Part 2: Chapter 4?
4. What does a phone call Emily receives in Part 2: Chapter 3 prompt Emily to do?
5. Who is the youngest of Sarah and Tony's children?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)