|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Peter?
(a) The friend who hosts the party.
(b) Emily's cousin.
(c) The man who runs the studio.
(d) Emily's nephew and Sarah and Tony's son.
2. What does Emily want to ask Tony in Part 3: Chapter 2?
(a) If he killed Sarah.
(b) For a job.
(c) For money.
(d) About his children.
3. Who does Emily attend the second funeral of Part 3: Chapter 2 for?
(a) Sarah's sons.
4. What does Emily learn after she finally returns to work in Part 3:Chapter 2?
(a) That Tony has died.
(b) That her mother has died.
(c) That Peter has died.
(d) That Howard has died.
5. What has happened to Tony Jr. in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) He has entered the military.
(b) He is going to college.
(c) He is getting married.
(d) He is dropping out of school.
6. Whose apartment does Emily awaken in the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
(a) A mysterious man's.
7. Who invites Emily to a party in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(d) A friend.
8. When do Emily and Howard visit Sarah?
(a) At the beginning of winter in 1970.
(b) On their way to Florida.
(c) At the end of a summer vacation in 1967.
(d) Before they move to Iowa.
9. How do Emily and Sarah plan to pay for a big expense in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) They ask Tony for money.
(b) Emily agrees to pay.
(c) They agree to split the cost.
(d) They plan to ask Jack's parents for help.
10. Where does Emily work in Part 2: Chapters 3-4?
(a) A magazine
(b) A law firm.
(c) A public school.
(d) An advertising agency.
11. Where does Howard Dunninger go on frequent business trips?
12. What does Emily demand to know from Peter on the drive in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) How Sarah died.
(b) Why he quit school.
(c) Whether or not he is going to offer her a job.
(d) Why he opened the studio.
13. Why is Sarah in the hospital in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) For acute alcoholism.
(b) For a suspicious mole.
(c) To visit a friend.
(d) Because one of her son's injured himself.
14. Where did Emily go the night ending in the mysterious apartment?
(a) To Sarah's.
(b) To her mother's apartment.
(c) To a party thrown by business associates.
(d) To a birthday party.
15. Why is Sarah apprehensive about this plan for a big expense in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) She is struggling with money.
(b) Sarah doesn't want to ask Tony for help.
(c) She doesn't want to speak to Jack's parents.
(d) She does not want to owe Emily anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tony receive a call from during the reception after Sarah's funeral?
2. What does Emily suspect happened to Sarah?
3. What kind of studio does the neighbor of the party host run in Part 3: Chapter 3?
4. What is believed to be the cause of Pookie's illness in Part 2: Chapter 3?
5. In which month does Sarah call Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)