|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emily lose her job in Part 3: Chapter 2?
(a) She leaves a new ad copy in a taxi.
(b) She refuses to go to work.
(c) She is not qualified.
(d) She spills coffee on the boss.
2. What does Emily threaten to do when they arrive at Peter's house in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Write a letter.
(d) Tell his wife what happened.
3. Where does Emily work in Part 2: Chapters 3-4?
(a) A law firm.
(b) A magazine
(c) An advertising agency.
(d) A public school.
4. Who is the youngest of Sarah and Tony's children?
(a) Tony Jr.
5. What does Emily learn after she finally returns to work in Part 3:Chapter 2?
(a) That her mother has died.
(b) That Howard has died.
(c) That Peter has died.
(d) That Tony has died.
6. What is Peter doing in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) He is going to medical school.
(b) He is going into the military.
(c) He is in college and preparing for the seminary.
(d) He has become a mechanic.
7. What kind of studio does the neighbor of the party host run in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) A pony studio.
(b) A painter's studio.
(c) A sculpture studio.
(d) A masturbation studio.
8. What does Emily try to write an article about in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) Her ex-husband.
(b) Her addiction.
(c) Her struggles.
(d) Her family.
9. What is Peter doing with his life in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) He is working as a magazine editor.
(b) He is running a studio.
(c) He is a teacher in California.
(d) He is married and has a child.
10. How has Emily's boss changed in Part 3: Chapter 2?
(a) Emily's boss has been promoted and no longer works in New York.
(b) She is angry and critical, no longer supportive.
(c) Emily's boss colors her hair.
(d) She is supportive, no longer angry and critical.
11. Where does Howard Dunninger go on frequent business trips?
12. Why does Emily back away from Howard Dunninger?
(a) She discovers that he is gay.
(b) She discovers that he is working for another company.
(c) She discovers that he is poor.
(d) She discovers that he is married.
13. Who is Peter?
(a) Emily's nephew and Sarah and Tony's son.
(b) The friend who hosts the party.
(c) The man who runs the studio.
(d) Emily's cousin.
14. Who calls Emily on the phone in Part 2: Chapter 3?
15. What does Emily find when she goes to Sarah's hotel the same night as they had lunch?
(a) That Sarah is not there.
(b) That Sarah is ill.
(c) That Sarah does not have money to pay for her hotel.
(d) That Tony has beaten Sarah severely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah attempt to do at the end of Part 2: Chapter 4?
2. Why does Emily act disinterested in the masturbation studio?
3. How does Sarah keep in touch with Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
4. When do Emily and Howard visit Sarah?
5. What do Emily and Sarah do the night of going to the hospital in Part 2: Chapter 3?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)