|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which state is Jack offered a job?
2. Which topic does Emily choose to write about for a magazine article but never finishes?
(c) Health matters.
(d) Family history.
3. Where does Jack decide to take Emily in Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) On a cruise.
(b) To New York.
(c) To Europe.
(d) To California.
4. How does Emily get home from school?
(a) Emily rides the school bus.
(b) Emily's mother picks her up.
(c) Sarah walks Emily home.
(d) Emily walks with the other neighborhood children.
5. What does Walter Grimes die of?
(b) Scarlet Fever.
6. Why does the relationship between Emily and the merchant seaman end?
(a) Emily is no longer interested in him.
(b) He is called to work.
(c) He wife returns.
(d) He decides he wants to explore homosexuality.
7. After what length of time does Andrew say he will call Emily?
(a) After one year.
(b) In six months.
(d) In two years.
8. What happens prior to Emily's decision to divorce her husband?
(a) She visits her mother.
(b) Emily visits Tony and Sarah.
(c) Emily travels to Europe.
(d) Emily publishes a book.
9. What is Andrew embarrassed about in his relationship with Emily?
(a) Because he calls Emily by the wrong name.
(b) He recites a joke poorly.
(c) He trips and falls.
(d) He suffers from sexual dysfunction and cannot perform.
10. Why does Emily's family push her to do this?
(a) They want grandchildren.
(b) They want her to stay home with her children.
(c) They are shocked at her desire to stay single.
(d) They want her to become a teacher.
11. Who is Sarah's project going to be about in Part 2: Chapter 1?
(a) New York City.
(b) Her sister, Emily.
(c) One of her husband's ancestors.
(d) A cabin by a lake.
12. What does Pookie wear to Sarah and Tony's wedding?
(a) A purple hat.
(b) A yellow scarf.
(c) A blue dress.
(d) Shocking pink.
13. What is Emily's first job after graduating from college?
(a) She is a news anchor.
(b) She becomes a newspaper journalist.
(c) She is a beauty pageant judge.
(d) She becomes a writer for a magazine.
14. Which of Emily's qualities is Andrew Crawford impressed by?
(a) Her courage and intelligence.
(b) Emily's loyalty and optimism.
(c) Her loyalty and intelligence.
(d) Emily's humor and courage.
15. In which city do Jack and Emily purchase a house?
(b) New York City.
(c) Iowa City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Jack and Emily visit in Part 2: Chapter 1?
2. What happens to Emily at the beginning of Part 2?
3. What type of company does Emily work for?
4. What does Sarah explain to Emily in Part 1:Chapter 2 when they are eating Popsicles?
5. In Part 1: Chapter 1, where do Emily and Sarah go to visit their father?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)