|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes pregnant in Chapter 4?
(c) Tony's mother.
2. What does Emily begin doing in the afternoons in Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) Taking Jack to therapy appointments.
(b) Taking Jack on long walks.
3. What happens to Andrew and Emily at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) They go to an amusement park together.
(b) They attend church together.
(c) They get divorced.
(d) They get married.
4. Why does the trip Jack takes Emily on turn sour?
(a) Jack loses his wallet.
(b) Jack keeps making comparisons with a prior trip.
(c) Their flights are cancelled.
(d) Emily wanted to go somewhere else.
5. Where is Sarah's scar located?
(a) On her right knee.
(b) On her left elbow.
(c) Across her left foot.
(d) Over and across one eye.
6. Where are Tony's parents planning on moving?
(a) Into the city.
(b) To California.
(c) To Iowa.
(d) To Tenafly, NY.
7. Who are Tony's parents giving the larger house on their estate to?
(a) Their daughter.
(c) Sarah and Tony and their family.
8. What type of company does Emily work for?
(a) A food magazine.
(b) A makeup company.
(c) The locals news station.
(d) A state newspaper.
9. What does Sarah wear to the Easter Parade?
(a) Traditional attire.
(b) English formal wear.
(c) A sundress.
(d) A bunny costume.
10. In what season does Jack decide to take Emily on a trip?
(a) In winter.
(b) In summer.
(c) In fall.
(d) In spring.
11. Who is Sarah's project going to be about in Part 2: Chapter 1?
(a) One of her husband's ancestors.
(b) Her sister, Emily.
(c) New York City.
(d) A cabin by a lake.
12. What is Andrew embarrassed about in his relationship with Emily?
(a) He recites a joke poorly.
(b) He suffers from sexual dysfunction and cannot perform.
(c) Because he calls Emily by the wrong name.
(d) He trips and falls.
13. What is Emily's first job after graduating from college?
(a) She is a beauty pageant judge.
(b) She becomes a newspaper journalist.
(c) She becomes a writer for a magazine.
(d) She is a news anchor.
14. What does Emily explain to the neighborhood children?
(b) The color of the sky.
(d) The Easter Bunny.
15. At which school is Jack invited to teach at?
(a) The University of Indiana.
(b) The University of Illinois.
(c) The Writer's Workshop at the University of Iowa.
(d) The Writer's Workshop at the University of Montana.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state is Sarah planning to do research in for her project?
2. Where does Pookie move in Part 2: Chapter 2?
3. What does Walter do during the outing with Emily to celebrate news of her scholarship?
4. How does Emily react to Jack's book?
5. Which of Emily's qualities is Andrew Crawford impressed by?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)