|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pookie do at Sarah and Tony's wedding?
(a) Dances with Tony.
(b) Gets drunk.
(c) Loses one shoe.
(d) Gets into a fight with Sarah.
2. Why does Emily seek a divorce from her husband after only a few months of marriage?
(a) She decides she wants to live alone.
(b) She doesn't feel a connection to him anymore.
(c) She wants to move abroad.
(d) He becomes emotionally abusive.
3. What does Sarah's son, Peter, want to be when he grows up?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A Methodist minister.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) An Episcopalian priest.
4. Where does Jack decide to take Emily in Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) To California.
(b) On a cruise.
(c) To Europe.
(d) To New York.
5. What does Walter Grimes die of?
(b) Scarlet Fever.
6. Where is Sarah when she is injured when Pookie leaves her with a neighbor?
(a) At a neighbor's home.
(b) At a local park.
(c) Shopping at the mall.
(d) Visiting her grandmother.
7. At which school is Jack invited to teach at?
(a) The Writer's Workshop at the University of Iowa.
(b) The Writer's Workshop at the University of Montana.
(c) The University of Indiana.
(d) The University of Illinois.
8. Who does Pookie flirt with at Sarah and Tony's wedding?
(a) The minister.
(b) On Tony.
(c) The groom's father.
(d) The groom's brother.
9. What does Emily begin doing in the afternoons in Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) Taking Jack on long walks.
(d) Taking Jack to therapy appointments.
10. Why does Sarah begin going into the city once a week?
(a) In order for her father to provide her with braces for her overbite.
(b) To run errands for her father.
(c) To volunteer at a nursing home.
(d) Sarah babysits for her father's co-worker's children.
11. Which topic does Emily choose to write about for a magazine article but never finishes?
(a) Family history.
(c) Health matters.
12. Which of Emily's qualities is Andrew Crawford impressed by?
(a) Emily's loyalty and optimism.
(b) Her courage and intelligence.
(c) Emily's humor and courage.
(d) Her loyalty and intelligence.
13. On which holiday does Emily eavesdrop on her parents?
(a) Valentine's Day.
14. How does Emily get home from school?
(a) Emily walks with the other neighborhood children.
(b) Sarah walks Emily home.
(c) Emily rides the school bus.
(d) Emily's mother picks her up.
15. Why does Emily find Jack's book difficult?
(a) Jack does not use punctuation in his writing.
(b) She finds the language to be obtuse.
(c) She is not a fan of poetry.
(d) She discovers that Jack uses a lot of French in poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of company does Emily work for?
2. Who is Harold Schneider?
3. Whom does the space that Pookie moves to belong to?
4. What is Emily frightened of when Sarah tells her she is going to a game?
5. Why did Jack Flanders leave his old profession?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)