|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack ask Emily to do in Part 2: Chapter 1?
(a) To marry him.
(b) To move with him.
(c) To write an article for him.
(d) To have his child.
2. On which holiday does Emily eavesdrop on her parents?
(c) Valentine's Day.
3. What does Sarah explain to Emily in Part 1:Chapter 2 when they are eating Popsicles?
(c) She teaches her how to sew.
(d) Sarah teaches Emily how to play tennis.
4. Who is Jack Flanders?
(a) Emily's editor.
(b) The husband of Emily's friend.
(c) Her assistant.
(d) Emily's husband.
5. What does Emily decide to do when she and Jack return home from their trip?
(a) Leave Jack.
(b) Write an article.
(c) Write a book.
(d) Visit Sarah.
6. How many children does Sarah have?
(a) Three sons.
(b) Four sons.
(c) Three daughters.
(d) Two sons.
7. Emily runs into a soldier looking for what?
(a) His father.
(b) A restaurant called Lola's.
(c) The movie theater.
(d) A jazz bar called Nick's.
8. What does Pookie wear to Sarah and Tony's wedding?
(a) A purple hat.
(b) Shocking pink.
(c) A blue dress.
(d) A yellow scarf.
9. In what season does Jack decide to take Emily on a trip?
(a) In spring.
(b) In winter.
(c) In fall.
(d) In summer.
10. What type of company does Emily work for?
(a) A makeup company.
(b) A state newspaper.
(c) A food magazine.
(d) The locals news station.
11. How does Emily react to Jack's book?
(a) Emily laughs.
(b) She is unsupportive.
(c) Emily thinks it's not well-written.
(d) She is supportive.
12. Why does the trip Jack takes Emily on turn sour?
(a) Jack loses his wallet.
(b) Their flights are cancelled.
(c) Jack keeps making comparisons with a prior trip.
(d) Emily wanted to go somewhere else.
13. What is the name of Walter Grimes's lover?
(a) Irene Hammond.
(b) Donna Garrity.
(c) Jennifer Lane.
(d) Isabelle Hutz.
14. What is the first location mentioned in the novel?
(a) Miami, FL.
(b) Tenafly, NY.
(c) Sacramento, CA.
(d) Pittsburgh, PA.
15. Where does Emily's father take her to celebrate the news of the scholarship?
(a) To lunch.
(b) To the zoo.
(c) Shopping for new clothes.
(d) To the history museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack tell Emily about this school's invitation?
2. What do Emily and Jack begin to do soon after they meet?
3. What happens to Andrew and Emily at the end of Chapter 4?
4. Who are Tony's parents giving the larger house on their estate to?
5. What does Emily begin doing in the afternoons in Part 2: Chapter 2?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)