|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily remain hopeful about, prompted by a overheard conversation between her parents?
(a) She is hopeful that she passes her English test.
(b) That she will get a vanilla cake for her birthday.
(c) That her parents will get back together.
(d) That her parents will buy her a bicycle.
2. What does Emily learn about Jack's past?
(a) That he ran away from home at age 9.
(b) That he has been married before.
(c) That he is a published poet.
(d) That he spent the last five years in jail.
3. When Emily wakes at night in Part 2: Chapter 2, what does she find Jack doing?
(b) Drinking alone.
(d) Walking through the house.
4. Where are Tony's parents planning on moving?
(a) To Tenafly, NY.
(b) To California.
(c) To Iowa.
(d) Into the city.
5. What does Tony Wilson wear to the Easter Parade?
(a) Traditional attire.
(b) English formal wear.
(c) A kilt.
(d) A bunny costume.
6. How does Emily react to Jack's book?
(a) Emily thinks it's not well-written.
(b) Emily laughs.
(c) She is unsupportive.
(d) She is supportive.
7. What is Emily's mood after Jack and Emily move?
(c) Bored and frustrated.
8. What does Pookie wear to Sarah and Tony's wedding?
(a) A purple hat.
(b) A blue dress.
(c) Shocking pink.
(d) A yellow scarf.
9. Who does Sarah meet at her first job after graduation from high school?
(a) A newspaper journalist who decides to write a story about her.
(b) Her future husband.
(c) A movie star, who autographs a picture for her.
(d) The mayor and he offers her a job.
10. What does Pookie do at Sarah and Tony's wedding?
(a) Loses one shoe.
(b) Gets drunk.
(c) Gets into a fight with Sarah.
(d) Dances with Tony.
11. Why does Emily seek a divorce from her husband after only a few months of marriage?
(a) He becomes emotionally abusive.
(b) She doesn't feel a connection to him anymore.
(c) She wants to move abroad.
(d) She decides she wants to live alone.
12. What is the relationship between Emily and Sarah?
(a) They are sisters.
(b) They are step-sisters.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are best friends.
13. Why does Emily move with Jack?
(a) She is offered a job.
(b) Emily moves because she wants to write a book.
(c) In hopes of enriching their relationship and getting married.
(d) Jack asks her to marry him.
14. Whom does Emily get a letter from in Part 2: Chapter 2?
15. Who is the first character mentioned in The Easter Parade?
(a) Tony Wilson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack ask Emily to do in Part 2: Chapter 1?
2. Where does Jack decide to take Emily in Part 2: Chapter 2?
3. In Part 1: Chapter 1, where do Emily and Sarah go to visit their father?
4. Who do Jack and Emily visit in Part 2: Chapter 1?
5. What does Walter do during the outing with Emily to celebrate news of her scholarship?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)