|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes pregnant in Chapter 4?
(b) Tony's mother.
2. What does Tony's mother propose they name their estate?
(a) Great Falls.
(b) Lilac Estate.
(c) Great Hedges.
(d) Fair Hedges.
3. Why does the relationship between Emily and the merchant seaman end?
(a) He decides he wants to explore homosexuality.
(b) Emily is no longer interested in him.
(c) He wife returns.
(d) He is called to work.
4. What does Emily begin writing an article about at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) Her experiences in Europe.
(b) Her experiences growing up in Tenafly, NY.
(c) Her experiences in Montana.
(d) Her experiences in Iowa.
5. Who is Andrew Crawford?
(a) Walter Grimes' attorney.
(b) A graduate student that Emily dates.
(c) Sarah's nanny.
(d) Sarah's minister.
6. What does Tony Wilson wear to the Easter Parade?
(a) A kilt.
(b) Traditional attire.
(c) English formal wear.
(d) A bunny costume.
7. What is Emily's first job after graduating from college?
(a) She is a beauty pageant judge.
(b) She is a news anchor.
(c) She becomes a writer for a magazine.
(d) She becomes a newspaper journalist.
8. In what season does Jack decide to take Emily on a trip?
(a) In summer.
(b) In fall.
(c) In winter.
(d) In spring.
9. How many children does Sarah have?
(a) Four sons.
(b) Three sons.
(c) Three daughters.
(d) Two sons.
10. Where are Tony's parents planning on moving?
(a) To California.
(b) To Iowa.
(c) Into the city.
(d) To Tenafly, NY.
11. What does Emily begin doing in the afternoons in Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) Taking Jack on long walks.
(b) Taking Jack to therapy appointments.
12. Why does Sarah begin going into the city once a week?
(a) Sarah babysits for her father's co-worker's children.
(b) To volunteer at a nursing home.
(c) To run errands for her father.
(d) In order for her father to provide her with braces for her overbite.
13. What does Sarah's son, Peter, want to be when he grows up?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A Methodist minister.
(c) An Episcopalian priest.
(d) A doctor.
14. What does Emily decide to do when she and Jack return home from their trip?
(a) Leave Jack.
(b) Write an article.
(c) Visit Sarah.
(d) Write a book.
15. What is the name of Walter Grimes's lover?
(a) Donna Garrity.
(b) Irene Hammond.
(c) Jennifer Lane.
(d) Isabelle Hutz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Emily and Sarah have to contend with Pookie about?
2. Who are Tony's parents giving the larger house on their estate to?
3. Who do Jack and Emily visit in Part 2: Chapter 1?
4. When Emily wakes at night in Part 2: Chapter 2, what does she find Jack doing?
5. What does Jack tell Emily about this school's invitation?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)