|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes pregnant in Chapter 4?
(b) Tony's mother.
2. Where are Tony's parents planning on moving?
(a) To Iowa.
(b) To Tenafly, NY.
(c) To California.
(d) Into the city.
3. Who does Jack believe is his rival?
(b) Another poet working at his university.
(c) A poet from New York.
4. Which of Emily's qualities is Andrew Crawford impressed by?
(a) Her loyalty and intelligence.
(b) Emily's loyalty and optimism.
(c) Her courage and intelligence.
(d) Emily's humor and courage.
5. What does Pookie wear to Sarah and Tony's wedding?
(a) A yellow scarf.
(b) A blue dress.
(c) Shocking pink.
(d) A purple hat.
6. Why does Emily's family push her to do this?
(a) They want her to stay home with her children.
(b) They want grandchildren.
(c) They want her to become a teacher.
(d) They are shocked at her desire to stay single.
7. What does Jack do with his current poetry?
(a) He calls his agent.
(b) Jack recites it for his class.
(c) He asks Emily to read it.
(d) He refuses to allow Emily to read it.
8. Why does Sarah begin going into the city once a week?
(a) To volunteer at a nursing home.
(b) In order for her father to provide her with braces for her overbite.
(c) Sarah babysits for her father's co-worker's children.
(d) To run errands for her father.
9. What happens to Emily at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) She gets married.
(b) She wins the lottery.
(c) She graduates high school.
(d) She graduates college.
10. What does Walter Grimes die of?
(d) Scarlet Fever.
11. Whom does Emily get a letter from in Part 2: Chapter 2?
12. What does Sarah explain to Emily in Part 1:Chapter 2 when they are eating Popsicles?
(a) She teaches her how to sew.
(b) Sarah teaches Emily how to play tennis.
13. What does Sarah wear to the Easter Parade?
(a) Traditional attire.
(b) English formal wear.
(c) A sundress.
(d) A bunny costume.
14. Why does Emily move with Jack?
(a) She is offered a job.
(b) Emily moves because she wants to write a book.
(c) In hopes of enriching their relationship and getting married.
(d) Jack asks her to marry him.
15. Whom does the space that Pookie moves to belong to?
(a) Jack's parents.
(b) Tony's sister.
(c) Walter's mistress.
(d) Tony's parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state is Sarah planning to do research in for her project?
2. Why does Emily find Jack's book difficult?
3. Where is Sarah's scar located?
4. Who are Tony's parents giving the larger house on their estate to?
5. What does the letter Emily receives in Part 2: Chapter 2 say that Pookie has lost?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)