|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tony Wilson wear to the Easter Parade?
(a) English formal wear.
(b) A bunny costume.
(c) Traditional attire.
(d) A kilt.
2. What is the first location mentioned in the novel?
(a) Tenafly, NY.
(b) Sacramento, CA.
(c) Pittsburgh, PA.
(d) Miami, FL.
3. What does Pookie do at Sarah and Tony's wedding?
(a) Loses one shoe.
(b) Gets drunk.
(c) Gets into a fight with Sarah.
(d) Dances with Tony.
4. What does Emily learn about Jack's past?
(a) That he ran away from home at age 9.
(b) That he has been married before.
(c) That he is a published poet.
(d) That he spent the last five years in jail.
5. In Part 1: Chapter 1, where do Emily and Sarah go to visit their father?
(a) To an apartment one street over.
(b) The local museum.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) Miami, FL.
6. Emily runs into a soldier looking for what?
(a) His father.
(b) A jazz bar called Nick's.
(c) The movie theater.
(d) A restaurant called Lola's.
7. What happens prior to Emily's decision to divorce her husband?
(a) She visits her mother.
(b) Emily publishes a book.
(c) Emily travels to Europe.
(d) Emily visits Tony and Sarah.
8. Why did Jack Flanders leave his old profession?
(a) He was fired.
(b) To escape the world of academia.
(c) He moved abroad.
(d) To escape the world of business deals.
9. What does Sarah explain to Emily in Part 1:Chapter 2 when they are eating Popsicles?
(b) Sarah teaches Emily how to play tennis.
(d) She teaches her how to sew.
10. What does Tony's mother propose they name their estate?
(a) Lilac Estate.
(b) Great Falls.
(c) Fair Hedges.
(d) Great Hedges.
11. Sarah and Tony get married in what season of 1941?
12. What does Emily explain to the neighborhood children?
(c) The color of the sky.
(d) The Easter Bunny.
13. What is Emily's mood after Jack and Emily move?
(c) Bored and frustrated.
14. What is the name of Walter Grimes's lover?
(a) Donna Garrity.
(b) Isabelle Hutz.
(c) Irene Hammond.
(d) Jennifer Lane.
15. Where does Pookie move in Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) An apartment over a agarage.
(b) To Iowa.
(c) To Montana.
(d) Into the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Emily go at the end of Part 2: Chapter 2?
2. Who is Harold Schneider?
3. After what length of time does Andrew say he will call Emily?
4. Where is Sarah's scar located?
5. Who are Tony's parents giving the larger house on their estate to?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)