|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jack Flanders?
(a) Emily's husband.
(b) Emily's editor.
(c) The husband of Emily's friend.
(d) Her assistant.
2. What does Walter do during the outing with Emily to celebrate news of her scholarship?
(a) Drinks heavily.
(b) Gives Emily a lesson on family history.
(c) Takes photographs of the giraffes.
(d) Spends too much money.
3. Where does Emily go at the end of Part 2: Chapter 2?
(c) New York.
4. How is Sarah injured when Pookie leaves her with a neighbor?
(a) She is bitten by a dog.
(b) When she tries to run under an iron bar.
(c) When she attempts to climb a fence.
(d) At a track meet.
5. What is Emily and Sarah's father's profession?
(a) He is a lawyer.
(b) He writes headlines as a copy-desk man.
(c) He is a schoolteacher.
(d) He is a minister.
6. What does Sarah tell Emily that she has a talent for?
7. Sarah and Tony get married in what season of 1941?
8. Who does Sarah meet at her first job after graduation from high school?
(a) Her future husband.
(b) The mayor and he offers her a job.
(c) A movie star, who autographs a picture for her.
(d) A newspaper journalist who decides to write a story about her.
9. Who is the first character mentioned in The Easter Parade?
(c) Tony Wilson.
10. What does Jack ask Emily to do in Part 2: Chapter 1?
(a) To marry him.
(b) To write an article for him.
(c) To move with him.
(d) To have his child.
11. What does Pookie do at Sarah and Tony's wedding?
(a) Gets drunk.
(b) Dances with Tony.
(c) Loses one shoe.
(d) Gets into a fight with Sarah.
12. Why does the relationship between Emily and the merchant seaman end?
(a) He is called to work.
(b) Emily is no longer interested in him.
(c) He wife returns.
(d) He decides he wants to explore homosexuality.
13. Who becomes pregnant in Chapter 4?
(b) Tony's mother.
14. What happens to Andrew and Emily at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) They go to an amusement park together.
(b) They get married.
(c) They attend church together.
(d) They get divorced.
15. What does Tony's mother propose they name their estate?
(a) Lilac Estate.
(b) Great Falls.
(c) Great Hedges.
(d) Fair Hedges.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Emily and Sarah have to contend with Pookie about?
2. Why does Sarah begin going into the city once a week?
3. What does Sarah reveal to Emily in Part 2: Chapter 1?
4. Why did Jack Flanders leave his old profession?
5. What is Emily's first job after graduating from college?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)