|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily begin doing in the afternoons in Part 2: Chapter 2?
(b) Taking Jack on long walks.
(c) Taking Jack to therapy appointments.
2. Why does Emily postpone her decision near the end of Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) Sarah tells her not to come.
(b) Jack has an attack of self-doubt.
(c) Jack asks her to stay.
(d) Emily's is not confident in her writing.
3. Why does Emily seek a divorce from her husband after only a few months of marriage?
(a) She doesn't feel a connection to him anymore.
(b) He becomes emotionally abusive.
(c) She wants to move abroad.
(d) She decides she wants to live alone.
4. What does Walter Grimes die of?
(c) Scarlet Fever.
5. What does Jack ask Emily to do in Part 2: Chapter 1?
(a) To have his child.
(b) To write an article for him.
(c) To move with him.
(d) To marry him.
6. Who do Jack and Emily visit in Part 2: Chapter 1?
7. Who does Pookie flirt with at Sarah and Tony's wedding?
(a) The groom's father.
(b) On Tony.
(c) The minister.
(d) The groom's brother.
8. What does the letter Emily receives in Part 2: Chapter 2 say that Pookie has lost?
(a) Her job.
(b) Her car.
(c) Her mind.
(d) Her husband.
9. Emily runs into a soldier looking for what?
(a) His father.
(b) A restaurant called Lola's.
(c) A jazz bar called Nick's.
(d) The movie theater.
10. Who does Sarah meet at her first job after graduation from high school?
(a) A newspaper journalist who decides to write a story about her.
(b) A movie star, who autographs a picture for her.
(c) The mayor and he offers her a job.
(d) Her future husband.
11. Which of Emily's qualities is Andrew Crawford impressed by?
(a) Her loyalty and intelligence.
(b) Emily's loyalty and optimism.
(c) Emily's humor and courage.
(d) Her courage and intelligence.
12. What is the relationship between Pookie and Sarah?
(a) Pookie and Sarah are neighbors.
(b) Teacher and student.
(c) Mother and daughter.
(d) Aunt and niece.
13. Where does Pookie move in Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) To Iowa.
(b) To Montana.
(c) Into the city.
(d) An apartment over a agarage.
14. How is Sarah injured when Pookie leaves her with a neighbor?
(a) At a track meet.
(b) When she tries to run under an iron bar.
(c) She is bitten by a dog.
(d) When she attempts to climb a fence.
15. How many children does Sarah have?
(a) Four sons.
(b) Three daughters.
(c) Two sons.
(d) Three sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah and Tony get married in what season of 1941?
2. What does Emily learn about Jack's past?
3. In which state is Jack offered a job?
4. What do Emily and Jack begin to do soon after they meet?
5. What state is Sarah planning to do research in for her project?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)