|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Emily get a letter from in Part 2: Chapter 2?
2. What does Sarah wear to the Easter Parade?
(a) Traditional attire.
(b) A bunny costume.
(c) A sundress.
(d) English formal wear.
3. Who does Jack believe is his rival?
(c) A poet from New York.
(d) Another poet working at his university.
4. Why does the trip Jack takes Emily on turn sour?
(a) Their flights are cancelled.
(b) Jack keeps making comparisons with a prior trip.
(c) Jack loses his wallet.
(d) Emily wanted to go somewhere else.
5. Who is the first character mentioned in The Easter Parade?
(a) Tony Wilson.
6. Which topic does Emily choose to write about for a magazine article but never finishes?
(c) Health matters.
(d) Family history.
7. What does Emily begin writing an article about at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) Her experiences in Montana.
(b) Her experiences growing up in Tenafly, NY.
(c) Her experiences in Iowa.
(d) Her experiences in Europe.
8. What does Jack ask Emily to do in Part 2: Chapter 1?
(a) To move with him.
(b) To marry him.
(c) To have his child.
(d) To write an article for him.
9. What does Emily remain hopeful about, prompted by a overheard conversation between her parents?
(a) That she will get a vanilla cake for her birthday.
(b) That her parents will buy her a bicycle.
(c) That her parents will get back together.
(d) She is hopeful that she passes her English test.
10. What does Jack do with his current poetry?
(a) He asks Emily to read it.
(b) He refuses to allow Emily to read it.
(c) He calls his agent.
(d) Jack recites it for his class.
11. What does Emily decide to do when she and Jack return home from their trip?
(a) Write an article.
(b) Write a book.
(c) Leave Jack.
(d) Visit Sarah.
12. What does Sarah tell Emily that she has a talent for?
13. Why does Sarah begin going into the city once a week?
(a) To volunteer at a nursing home.
(b) To run errands for her father.
(c) In order for her father to provide her with braces for her overbite.
(d) Sarah babysits for her father's co-worker's children.
14. Why does the relationship between Emily and the merchant seaman end?
(a) He decides he wants to explore homosexuality.
(b) Emily is no longer interested in him.
(c) He wife returns.
(d) He is called to work.
15. What does Emily learn about Jack's past?
(a) That he is a published poet.
(b) That he ran away from home at age 9.
(c) That he has been married before.
(d) That he spent the last five years in jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Harold Schneider?
2. Where is Sarah when she is injured when Pookie leaves her with a neighbor?
3. In what season does Jack decide to take Emily on a trip?
4. What happens prior to Emily's decision to divorce her husband?
5. When Emily wakes at night in Part 2: Chapter 2, what does she find Jack doing?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)