|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jack Flanders?
(a) The husband of Emily's friend.
(b) Emily's editor.
(c) Her assistant.
(d) Emily's husband.
2. Who does Sarah meet at her first job after graduation from high school?
(a) Her future husband.
(b) A movie star, who autographs a picture for her.
(c) The mayor and he offers her a job.
(d) A newspaper journalist who decides to write a story about her.
3. When Emily wakes at night in Part 2: Chapter 2, what does she find Jack doing?
(a) Drinking alone.
(c) Walking through the house.
4. What do Emily and Jack do under a tree in Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) Eat a picnic.
(b) Make love.
(c) Talk about their future.
(d) Write a poem together.
5. What does Sarah explain to Emily in Part 1:Chapter 2 when they are eating Popsicles?
(b) She teaches her how to sew.
(c) Sarah teaches Emily how to play tennis.
6. In which city do Jack and Emily purchase a house?
(b) Iowa City.
(d) New York City.
7. What does Sarah's son, Peter, want to be when he grows up?
(a) A Methodist minister.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) An Episcopalian priest.
(d) A doctor.
8. Why is Emily worried at her father's funeral?
(a) Because she can't stop crying.
(b) She thinks that no one will show up.
(c) Because she cannot cry.
(d) Because there are no flowers.
9. Who does Jack believe is his rival?
(a) Another poet working at his university.
(d) A poet from New York.
10. Why does Emily seek a divorce from her husband after only a few months of marriage?
(a) She wants to move abroad.
(b) She doesn't feel a connection to him anymore.
(c) He becomes emotionally abusive.
(d) She decides she wants to live alone.
11. Who is the first character mentioned in The Easter Parade?
(c) Tony Wilson.
12. How does Emily react to the news of Sarah's project?
(a) She is negative.
(b) She is impressed.
(c) She ignores Sarah.
(d) She cries.
13. What does Tony's mother propose they name their estate?
(a) Fair Hedges.
(b) Great Falls.
(c) Great Hedges.
(d) Lilac Estate.
14. Sarah and Tony get married in what season of 1941?
15. What is Emily's mood after Jack and Emily move?
(d) Bored and frustrated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Walter Grimes's lover?
2. How does Emily react to Jack's book?
3. Where is Sarah's scar located?
4. Who does Pookie flirt with at Sarah and Tony's wedding?
5. What do Emily and Jack begin to do soon after they meet?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)