|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack ask Emily to do in Part 2: Chapter 1?
(a) To marry him.
(b) To write an article for him.
(c) To move with him.
(d) To have his child.
2. What type of company does Emily work for?
(a) A state newspaper.
(b) A food magazine.
(c) The locals news station.
(d) A makeup company.
3. What does Pookie wear to Sarah and Tony's wedding?
(a) A purple hat.
(b) Shocking pink.
(c) A blue dress.
(d) A yellow scarf.
4. Where is Sarah's scar located?
(a) On her left elbow.
(b) Over and across one eye.
(c) Across her left foot.
(d) On her right knee.
5. Who is Andrew Crawford?
(a) A graduate student that Emily dates.
(b) Sarah's nanny.
(c) Sarah's minister.
(d) Walter Grimes' attorney.
6. Why is Emily worried at her father's funeral?
(a) She thinks that no one will show up.
(b) Because she cannot cry.
(c) Because she can't stop crying.
(d) Because there are no flowers.
7. What happens prior to Emily's decision to divorce her husband?
(a) Emily visits Tony and Sarah.
(b) Emily travels to Europe.
(c) Emily publishes a book.
(d) She visits her mother.
8. What is Andrew embarrassed about in his relationship with Emily?
(a) Because he calls Emily by the wrong name.
(b) He suffers from sexual dysfunction and cannot perform.
(c) He recites a joke poorly.
(d) He trips and falls.
9. Whom does Emily get a letter from in Part 2: Chapter 2?
10. What does Emily begin doing in the afternoons in Part 2: Chapter 2?
(c) Taking Jack to therapy appointments.
(d) Taking Jack on long walks.
11. Sarah and Tony get married in what season of 1941?
12. Why does Emily's family push her to do this?
(a) They want her to stay home with her children.
(b) They want her to become a teacher.
(c) They are shocked at her desire to stay single.
(d) They want grandchildren.
13. Why did Jack Flanders leave his old profession?
(a) He moved abroad.
(b) To escape the world of business deals.
(c) He was fired.
(d) To escape the world of academia.
14. Where is Sarah when she is injured when Pookie leaves her with a neighbor?
(a) Shopping at the mall.
(b) At a neighbor's home.
(c) At a local park.
(d) Visiting her grandmother.
15. How does Emily react to Jack's book?
(a) Emily thinks it's not well-written.
(b) She is supportive.
(c) She is unsupportive.
(d) Emily laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jack decide to take Emily in Part 2: Chapter 2?
2. Who does Emily travel with at the end of Part 2: Chapter 2?
3. Which topic does Emily choose to write about for a magazine article but never finishes?
4. What is the relationship between Emily and Sarah?
5. Who does Sarah meet at her first job after graduation from high school?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)