|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily's family push her to do after graduating from college?
(a) Get married again.
(b) Get a new job.
(c) Have children.
(d) Quit working.
2. What does Emily begin doing in the afternoons in Part 2: Chapter 2?
(b) Taking Jack to therapy appointments.
(d) Taking Jack on long walks.
3. Where does Emily go at the end of Part 2: Chapter 2?
(c) New York.
4. What is Emily and Sarah's father's profession?
(a) He is a schoolteacher.
(b) He is a minister.
(c) He writes headlines as a copy-desk man.
(d) He is a lawyer.
5. What does Sarah reveal to Emily in Part 2: Chapter 1?
(a) That she is getting a divorce.
(b) That she is going back to school.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she writing a book.
6. How is Sarah injured when Pookie leaves her with a neighbor?
(a) When she attempts to climb a fence.
(b) When she tries to run under an iron bar.
(c) At a track meet.
(d) She is bitten by a dog.
7. What does Pookie do at Sarah and Tony's wedding?
(a) Gets into a fight with Sarah.
(b) Loses one shoe.
(c) Dances with Tony.
(d) Gets drunk.
8. Why does Emily seek a divorce from her husband after only a few months of marriage?
(a) He becomes emotionally abusive.
(b) She wants to move abroad.
(c) She decides she wants to live alone.
(d) She doesn't feel a connection to him anymore.
9. Whom does the space that Pookie moves to belong to?
(a) Tony's sister.
(b) Walter's mistress.
(c) Jack's parents.
(d) Tony's parents.
10. What do Emily and Jack begin to do soon after they meet?
(a) Eat lunch together.
(b) Talk about their families together.
(c) Go shopping together.
11. What does Sarah wear to the Easter Parade?
(a) English formal wear.
(b) Traditional attire.
(c) A bunny costume.
(d) A sundress.
12. Where does Emily's father take her to celebrate the news of the scholarship?
(a) To lunch.
(b) To the history museum.
(c) To the zoo.
(d) Shopping for new clothes.
13. What is Emily frightened of when Sarah tells her she is going to a game?
(a) She is frightened getting into trouble.
(b) She is frightened of being home alone.
(c) Emily is scared of the basement.
(d) Emily is scared of her neighbor's dog.
14. Who is Harold Schneider?
(a) The newspaper delivery boy.
(b) Sarah's boyfriend.
(c) Pookie's boyfriend.
(d) Emily's friend from next door.
15. In what season does Jack decide to take Emily on a trip?
(a) In spring.
(b) In winter.
(c) In summer.
(d) In fall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Jack and Emily visit in Part 2: Chapter 1?
2. What does Emily decide to do when she and Jack return home from their trip?
3. What does Emily remain hopeful about, prompted by a overheard conversation between her parents?
4. Where is Sarah working when she is required to attend the Easter Parade?
5. Who does Jack believe is his rival?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)