|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first character mentioned in The Easter Parade?
(c) Tony Wilson.
2. How is Sarah injured when Pookie leaves her with a neighbor?
(a) When she tries to run under an iron bar.
(b) When she attempts to climb a fence.
(c) She is bitten by a dog.
(d) At a track meet.
3. What do Emily and Jack do under a tree in Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) Eat a picnic.
(b) Make love.
(c) Talk about their future.
(d) Write a poem together.
4. What does Walter Grimes die of?
(b) Scarlet Fever.
5. In what season does Jack decide to take Emily on a trip?
(a) In fall.
(b) In winter.
(c) In summer.
(d) In spring.
6. What is Andrew embarrassed about in his relationship with Emily?
(a) He trips and falls.
(b) He suffers from sexual dysfunction and cannot perform.
(c) He recites a joke poorly.
(d) Because he calls Emily by the wrong name.
7. Which college does Emily receive a scholarship to?
(a) Barnard College.
(b) Bard College.
(c) Sarah Lawrence College.
(d) New York University.
8. Who is Harold Schneider?
(a) Emily's friend from next door.
(b) Pookie's boyfriend.
(c) The newspaper delivery boy.
(d) Sarah's boyfriend.
9. Sarah and Tony get married in what season of 1941?
10. What is the first location mentioned in the novel?
(a) Pittsburgh, PA.
(b) Sacramento, CA.
(c) Tenafly, NY.
(d) Miami, FL.
11. Where does Emily go at the end of Part 2: Chapter 2?
(d) New York.
12. What state is Sarah planning to do research in for her project?
(c) New York.
13. Which topic does Emily choose to write about for a magazine article but never finishes?
(a) Family history.
(b) Health matters.
14. Why is Emily worried at her father's funeral?
(a) Because she cannot cry.
(b) Because she can't stop crying.
(c) She thinks that no one will show up.
(d) Because there are no flowers.
15. Why does Emily take her first job after graduating from college?
(a) She is interested in sales.
(b) She believes it is a door into the world of magazine writing.
(c) She wants to report the news.
(d) Emily believes it is a door into reporting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily remain hopeful about, prompted by a overheard conversation between her parents?
2. What does Emily decide to do when she and Jack return home from their trip?
3. What does Tony's mother propose they name their estate?
4. Why does Emily postpone her decision near the end of Part 2: Chapter 2?
5. What does Jack do with his current poetry?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)