|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emily and the soldier go to Central Park where Emily loses what?
(a) Her shoe.
(b) Her virginity.
(c) Her wallet.
(d) Her sunglasses.
2. How does Emily react to the news of Sarah's project?
(a) She is impressed.
(b) She ignores Sarah.
(c) She cries.
(d) She is negative.
3. Where are Tony's parents planning on moving?
(a) To Tenafly, NY.
(b) Into the city.
(c) To California.
(d) To Iowa.
4. In which state is Jack offered a job?
5. What does Emily learn about Jack's past?
(a) That he spent the last five years in jail.
(b) That he has been married before.
(c) That he ran away from home at age 9.
(d) That he is a published poet.
6. Who does Sarah meet at her first job after graduation from high school?
(a) The mayor and he offers her a job.
(b) A newspaper journalist who decides to write a story about her.
(c) A movie star, who autographs a picture for her.
(d) Her future husband.
7. Why does Emily not finish her article she is working on in Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) She loses interest.
(b) She wants to write a book instead.
(c) She is not confident in her writing.
(d) Her typewriter breaks.
8. Who are Tony's parents giving the larger house on their estate to?
(a) Sarah and Tony and their family.
(d) Their daughter.
9. What does Sarah explain to Emily in Part 1:Chapter 2 when they are eating Popsicles?
(b) Sarah teaches Emily how to play tennis.
(c) She teaches her how to sew.
10. What does Pookie do at Sarah and Tony's wedding?
(a) Gets drunk.
(b) Gets into a fight with Sarah.
(c) Dances with Tony.
(d) Loses one shoe.
11. Who does Jack believe is his rival?
(b) A poet from New York.
(c) Another poet working at his university.
12. In which city do Jack and Emily purchase a house?
(c) Iowa City.
(d) New York City.
13. Where does Jack decide to take Emily in Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) To California.
(b) To Europe.
(c) On a cruise.
(d) To New York.
14. Which of Emily's qualities is Andrew Crawford impressed by?
(a) Her courage and intelligence.
(b) Emily's humor and courage.
(c) Emily's loyalty and optimism.
(d) Her loyalty and intelligence.
15. Who is Sarah's project going to be about in Part 2: Chapter 1?
(a) Her sister, Emily.
(b) New York City.
(c) A cabin by a lake.
(d) One of her husband's ancestors.
Short Answer Questions
1. After what length of time does Andrew say he will call Emily?
2. After Sarah graduates from high school, she gets a job working where?
3. Emily runs into a soldier looking for what?
4. Where is Sarah working when she is required to attend the Easter Parade?
5. Why does Emily postpone her decision near the end of Part 2: Chapter 2?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)