|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sarah begin going into the city once a week?
(a) Sarah babysits for her father's co-worker's children.
(b) In order for her father to provide her with braces for her overbite.
(c) To run errands for her father.
(d) To volunteer at a nursing home.
2. Where is Sarah's scar located?
(a) Over and across one eye.
(b) On her left elbow.
(c) Across her left foot.
(d) On her right knee.
3. What is Emily frightened of when Sarah tells her she is going to a game?
(a) Emily is scared of her neighbor's dog.
(b) She is frightened getting into trouble.
(c) Emily is scared of the basement.
(d) She is frightened of being home alone.
4. Who is Harold Schneider?
(a) Sarah's boyfriend.
(b) The newspaper delivery boy.
(c) Emily's friend from next door.
(d) Pookie's boyfriend.
5. Sarah and Tony get married in what season of 1941?
6. Whom does the space that Pookie moves to belong to?
(a) Tony's sister.
(b) Walter's mistress.
(c) Tony's parents.
(d) Jack's parents.
7. Who does Jack believe is his rival?
(c) A poet from New York.
(d) Another poet working at his university.
8. Who is Jack Flanders?
(a) Emily's editor.
(b) The husband of Emily's friend.
(c) Her assistant.
(d) Emily's husband.
9. Why does Emily find Jack's book difficult?
(a) She discovers that Jack uses a lot of French in poetry.
(b) She is not a fan of poetry.
(c) She finds the language to be obtuse.
(d) Jack does not use punctuation in his writing.
10. What happens to Andrew and Emily at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) They attend church together.
(b) They get married.
(c) They get divorced.
(d) They go to an amusement park together.
11. What does Sarah reveal to Emily in Part 2: Chapter 1?
(a) That she is getting a divorce.
(b) That she writing a book.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she is going back to school.
12. Where does Jack decide to take Emily in Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) On a cruise.
(b) To Europe.
(c) To California.
(d) To New York.
13. Whom does Emily get a letter from in Part 2: Chapter 2?
14. Why does the trip Jack takes Emily on turn sour?
(a) Jack keeps making comparisons with a prior trip.
(b) Jack loses his wallet.
(c) Their flights are cancelled.
(d) Emily wanted to go somewhere else.
15. What is the first location mentioned in the novel?
(a) Tenafly, NY.
(b) Sacramento, CA.
(c) Miami, FL.
(d) Pittsburgh, PA.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of company does Emily work for?
2. What state is Sarah planning to do research in for her project?
3. Who does Pookie flirt with at Sarah and Tony's wedding?
4. In which state is Jack offered a job?
5. What does Sarah explain to Emily in Part 1:Chapter 2 when they are eating Popsicles?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)