|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the space that Pookie moves to belong to?
(a) Jack's parents.
(b) Tony's sister.
(c) Walter's mistress.
(d) Tony's parents.
2. Emily runs into a soldier looking for what?
(a) A restaurant called Lola's.
(b) The movie theater.
(c) A jazz bar called Nick's.
(d) His father.
3. At which school is Jack invited to teach at?
(a) The Writer's Workshop at the University of Montana.
(b) The University of Indiana.
(c) The University of Illinois.
(d) The Writer's Workshop at the University of Iowa.
4. In what season does Jack decide to take Emily on a trip?
(a) In spring.
(b) In summer.
(c) In winter.
(d) In fall.
5. Which topic does Emily choose to write about for a magazine article but never finishes?
(a) Health matters.
(c) Family history.
6. Why does Emily's family push her to do this?
(a) They want her to stay home with her children.
(b) They want grandchildren.
(c) They are shocked at her desire to stay single.
(d) They want her to become a teacher.
7. What is Andrew embarrassed about in his relationship with Emily?
(a) He trips and falls.
(b) He suffers from sexual dysfunction and cannot perform.
(c) Because he calls Emily by the wrong name.
(d) He recites a joke poorly.
8. What does Sarah's son, Peter, want to be when he grows up?
(a) A Methodist minister.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) An Episcopalian priest.
9. Who does Sarah meet at her first job after graduation from high school?
(a) A movie star, who autographs a picture for her.
(b) The mayor and he offers her a job.
(c) Her future husband.
(d) A newspaper journalist who decides to write a story about her.
10. What does Sarah tell Emily that she has a talent for?
11. What do Emily and Sarah have to contend with Pookie about?
(a) Pookie won't pay any attention to Sarah or Emily.
(b) Bad marks in schools.
(c) Pookie has a habit of exaggerating.
(d) Living above her means.
12. In which state is Jack offered a job?
13. What does Walter do during the outing with Emily to celebrate news of her scholarship?
(a) Takes photographs of the giraffes.
(b) Spends too much money.
(c) Drinks heavily.
(d) Gives Emily a lesson on family history.
14. Who are Tony's parents giving the larger house on their estate to?
(b) Sarah and Tony and their family.
(d) Their daughter.
15. What does Sarah wear to the Easter Parade?
(a) English formal wear.
(b) A sundress.
(c) Traditional attire.
(d) A bunny costume.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pookie flirt with at Sarah and Tony's wedding?
2. How is Sarah injured when Pookie leaves her with a neighbor?
3. Where does Emily go at the end of Part 2: Chapter 2?
4. What does Tony Wilson wear to the Easter Parade?
5. Why does the trip Jack takes Emily on turn sour?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)