|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily explain to the neighborhood children?
(b) The Easter Bunny.
(c) The color of the sky.
2. How many children does Sarah have?
(a) Four sons.
(b) Three sons.
(c) Three daughters.
(d) Two sons.
3. What is the relationship between Pookie and Sarah?
(a) Mother and daughter.
(b) Aunt and niece.
(c) Pookie and Sarah are neighbors.
(d) Teacher and student.
4. What does Emily begin doing in the afternoons in Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) Taking Jack on long walks.
(c) Taking Jack to therapy appointments.
5. Why is Emily worried at her father's funeral?
(a) Because she can't stop crying.
(b) Because there are no flowers.
(c) Because she cannot cry.
(d) She thinks that no one will show up.
6. Whom does Emily get a letter from in Part 2: Chapter 2?
7. Who does Pookie flirt with at Sarah and Tony's wedding?
(a) The minister.
(b) On Tony.
(c) The groom's brother.
(d) The groom's father.
8. What do Emily and Sarah have to contend with Pookie about?
(a) Pookie won't pay any attention to Sarah or Emily.
(b) Pookie has a habit of exaggerating.
(c) Bad marks in schools.
(d) Living above her means.
9. After what length of time does Andrew say he will call Emily?
(b) In two years.
(c) After one year.
(d) In six months.
10. What is Andrew embarrassed about in his relationship with Emily?
(a) Because he calls Emily by the wrong name.
(b) He trips and falls.
(c) He suffers from sexual dysfunction and cannot perform.
(d) He recites a joke poorly.
11. Where are Tony's parents planning on moving?
(a) To Tenafly, NY.
(b) To Iowa.
(c) Into the city.
(d) To California.
12. Who does Sarah meet at her first job after graduation from high school?
(a) A movie star, who autographs a picture for her.
(b) The mayor and he offers her a job.
(c) A newspaper journalist who decides to write a story about her.
(d) Her future husband.
13. What does Tony Wilson wear to the Easter Parade?
(a) English formal wear.
(b) A bunny costume.
(c) A kilt.
(d) Traditional attire.
14. Where does Jack decide to take Emily in Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) To Europe.
(b) On a cruise.
(c) To New York.
(d) To California.
15. Why does Emily not finish her article she is working on in Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) She is not confident in her writing.
(b) Her typewriter breaks.
(c) She loses interest.
(d) She wants to write a book instead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah's son, Peter, want to be when he grows up?
2. What does Pookie wear to Sarah and Tony's wedding?
3. How does Emily react to Jack's book?
4. What does Emily learn about Jack's past?
5. Who is the first character mentioned in The Easter Parade?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)