|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily begin writing an article about at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) Her experiences in Montana.
(b) Her experiences growing up in Tenafly, NY.
(c) Her experiences in Europe.
(d) Her experiences in Iowa.
2. Where are Tony's parents planning on moving?
(a) Into the city.
(b) To California.
(c) To Iowa.
(d) To Tenafly, NY.
3. Who is Sarah's project going to be about in Part 2: Chapter 1?
(a) A cabin by a lake.
(b) New York City.
(c) Her sister, Emily.
(d) One of her husband's ancestors.
4. What do Emily and Sarah have to contend with Pookie about?
(a) Living above her means.
(b) Pookie has a habit of exaggerating.
(c) Pookie won't pay any attention to Sarah or Emily.
(d) Bad marks in schools.
5. Where is Sarah working when she is required to attend the Easter Parade?
(a) For United China Relief
(b) On a campaign.
(c) At the mayor's office.
(d) At a newspaper.
6. Why did Jack Flanders leave his old profession?
(a) To escape the world of academia.
(b) He moved abroad.
(c) He was fired.
(d) To escape the world of business deals.
7. Which topic does Emily choose to write about for a magazine article but never finishes?
(a) Family history.
(c) Health matters.
8. Who is Tony Wilson?
(a) The mayor.
(b) Sarah's boss.
(c) A local celebrity.
(d) The upstairs neighbor's son.
9. What does Emily's family push her to do after graduating from college?
(a) Quit working.
(b) Get married again.
(c) Have children.
(d) Get a new job.
10. What happens prior to Emily's decision to divorce her husband?
(a) Emily travels to Europe.
(b) She visits her mother.
(c) Emily visits Tony and Sarah.
(d) Emily publishes a book.
11. Who is Andrew Crawford?
(a) Sarah's nanny.
(b) Sarah's minister.
(c) Walter Grimes' attorney.
(d) A graduate student that Emily dates.
12. Where does Emily's father take her to celebrate the news of the scholarship?
(a) To the zoo.
(b) To the history museum.
(c) To lunch.
(d) Shopping for new clothes.
13. Sarah and Tony get married in what season of 1941?
14. What does Pookie wear to Sarah and Tony's wedding?
(a) A purple hat.
(b) Shocking pink.
(c) A yellow scarf.
(d) A blue dress.
15. What does Emily learn about Jack's past?
(a) That he is a published poet.
(b) That he spent the last five years in jail.
(c) That he has been married before.
(d) That he ran away from home at age 9.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily remain hopeful about, prompted by a overheard conversation between her parents?
2. How does Emily get home from school?
3. In what season does Jack decide to take Emily on a trip?
4. Where does Jack decide to take Emily in Part 2: Chapter 2?
5. What do Emily and Jack do under a tree in Part 2: Chapter 2?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)