|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Harold Schneider?
(a) Sarah's boyfriend.
(b) Emily's friend from next door.
(c) The newspaper delivery boy.
(d) Pookie's boyfriend.
2. Why did Jack Flanders leave his old profession?
(a) He moved abroad.
(b) He was fired.
(c) To escape the world of academia.
(d) To escape the world of business deals.
3. Who becomes pregnant in Chapter 4?
(d) Tony's mother.
4. Which college does Emily receive a scholarship to?
(a) Barnard College.
(b) Bard College.
(c) Sarah Lawrence College.
(d) New York University.
5. What does Jack ask Emily to do in Part 2: Chapter 1?
(a) To have his child.
(b) To move with him.
(c) To write an article for him.
(d) To marry him.
6. Who is the first character mentioned in The Easter Parade?
(a) Tony Wilson.
7. What happens to Emily at the beginning of Part 2?
(a) She graduates college.
(b) She graduates high school.
(c) She gets married.
(d) She wins the lottery.
8. Who does Sarah meet at her first job after graduation from high school?
(a) The mayor and he offers her a job.
(b) A newspaper journalist who decides to write a story about her.
(c) Her future husband.
(d) A movie star, who autographs a picture for her.
9. Why does Emily move with Jack?
(a) Emily moves because she wants to write a book.
(b) In hopes of enriching their relationship and getting married.
(c) She is offered a job.
(d) Jack asks her to marry him.
10. Who does Emily travel with at the end of Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) With Pookie.
(b) With Sarah.
(c) She travels alone.
(d) With Jack.
11. What do Emily and Sarah have to contend with Pookie about?
(a) Bad marks in schools.
(b) Pookie has a habit of exaggerating.
(c) Pookie won't pay any attention to Sarah or Emily.
(d) Living above her means.
12. On which holiday does Emily eavesdrop on her parents?
(c) Valentine's Day.
13. Why does Sarah abandon the book she was working on?
(a) Because she would have to travel to Montana.
(b) Because her husband tells her it's a dumb idea.
(c) Because she is no longer interested in the subject.
(d) Because Emily is not supportive.
14. Who do Jack and Emily visit in Part 2: Chapter 1?
15. Whom does Emily get a letter from in Part 2: Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily's family push her to do after graduating from college?
2. Why does Sarah begin going into the city once a week?
3. Where does Pookie move in Part 2: Chapter 2?
4. What does Walter do during the outing with Emily to celebrate news of her scholarship?
5. In which state is Jack offered a job?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)