|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pookie go to the hospital in Part 2: Chapter 3?
(a) Sarah and Emily make her go.
(b) To visit Tony's father.
(c) She isn't feel well.
(d) She has had a cerebral brain hemorrhage.
2. Who does Jack believe is his rival?
(a) A poet from New York.
(c) Another poet working at his university.
3. What does Sarah attempt to do at the end of Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) Stay with Tony.
(b) Get help.
(c) Leave Tony.
(d) Forgive Tony.
4. Why is Emily worried at her father's funeral?
(a) She thinks that no one will show up.
(b) Because she cannot cry.
(c) Because she can't stop crying.
(d) Because there are no flowers.
5. Why does Emily find Jack's book difficult?
(a) She is not a fan of poetry.
(b) She finds the language to be obtuse.
(c) She discovers that Jack uses a lot of French in poetry.
(d) Jack does not use punctuation in his writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Emily get home from school?
2. What does Emily begin doing in the afternoons in Part 2: Chapter 2?
3. Who becomes pregnant in Chapter 4?
4. What is Howard's mood like when he returns from his trip in Part 3: Chapter 2?
5. What kind of studio does the neighbor of the party host run in Part 3: Chapter 3?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)