|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily begin doing in the afternoons in Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) Taking Jack on long walks.
(d) Taking Jack to therapy appointments.
2. Why does Sarah abandon the book she was working on?
(a) Because she is no longer interested in the subject.
(b) Because her husband tells her it's a dumb idea.
(c) Because Emily is not supportive.
(d) Because she would have to travel to Montana.
3. How has Emily's boss changed in Part 3: Chapter 2?
(a) She is supportive, no longer angry and critical.
(b) Emily's boss colors her hair.
(c) Emily's boss has been promoted and no longer works in New York.
(d) She is angry and critical, no longer supportive.
4. Whom does Emily get a letter from in Part 2: Chapter 2?
5. Who does Sarah meet at her first job after graduation from high school?
(a) A movie star, who autographs a picture for her.
(b) Her future husband.
(c) A newspaper journalist who decides to write a story about her.
(d) The mayor and he offers her a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily explain to the neighborhood children?
2. Why does Sarah call Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
3. After Sarah graduates from high school, she gets a job working where?
4. What is Emily's mood after Jack and Emily move?
5. In Part 1: Chapter 1, where do Emily and Sarah go to visit their father?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)