|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily begin doing in the afternoons in Part 2: Chapter 2?
(b) Taking Jack on long walks.
(c) Taking Jack to therapy appointments.
2. How does Peter respond to Emily's threats in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) He coaxes her inside.
(b) He tells her goodbye.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He encourages her threats.
3. Who invites Emily to a party in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(c) A friend.
4. What does Emily remain hopeful about, prompted by a overheard conversation between her parents?
(a) That her parents will get back together.
(b) She is hopeful that she passes her English test.
(c) That she will get a vanilla cake for her birthday.
(d) That her parents will buy her a bicycle.
5. At which school is Jack invited to teach at?
(a) The University of Illinois.
(b) The Writer's Workshop at the University of Iowa.
(c) The University of Indiana.
(d) The Writer's Workshop at the University of Montana.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emily's refuse Sarah's question in Part 3: Chapter 1?
2. Why does Emily find Jack's book difficult?
3. Why does Emily claim that she uses this topic as a conversation piece in Part 3: Chapter 1?
4. What happens with Emily's article in Part 3: Chapter 3?
5. Where does Emily go at the end of Part 2: Chapter 2?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)