|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emily postpone her decision near the end of Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) Emily's is not confident in her writing.
(b) Jack has an attack of self-doubt.
(c) Jack asks her to stay.
(d) Sarah tells her not to come.
2. What do Emily and Jack begin to do soon after they meet?
(a) Go shopping together.
(b) Eat lunch together.
(c) Talk about their families together.
3. Who calls Emily on the phone in Part 2: Chapter 3?
4. What happens with Emily's article in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) It is picked up by a national magazine.
(b) She completes the article.
(c) The article is not accepted for print.
(d) She does not finish it.
5. Who is Jack Flanders?
(a) Emily's husband.
(b) The husband of Emily's friend.
(c) Emily's editor.
(d) Her assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jack Flanders leave his old profession?
2. How do critics respond to Jack's latest book in Part 2: Chapter 4?
3. How do Emily and Sarah plan to pay for a big expense in Part 2: Chapter 4?
4. What happens to Andrew and Emily at the end of Chapter 4?
5. What do Emily and Sarah do the night of going to the hospital in Part 2: Chapter 3?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)