|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emily's refuse Sarah's question in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Because Howard has moved into her apartment.
(b) Because she does not know the answer.
(c) Because she does not have enough money.
(d) Because she cannot get time off of work.
2. What does Sarah reveal to Emily in Part 2: Chapter 1?
(a) That she is going back to school.
(b) That she writing a book.
(c) That she is getting a divorce.
(d) That she is pregnant.
3. What does Sarah explain to Emily in Part 1:Chapter 2 when they are eating Popsicles?
(b) She teaches her how to sew.
(c) Sarah teaches Emily how to play tennis.
4. What does Emily discover about Howard's business trips?
(a) That he is actually going to see his wife.
(b) That he is actually going to gamble.
(c) That Howard has a mistress.
(d) That Howard has been fired from his job.
5. What does Jack tell Emily about this school's invitation?
(a) That he doesn't want to do it.
(b) That it's huge honor.
(c) Jack tells Emily that they have offered her a job.
(d) That it's financially a good idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what season does Jack decide to take Emily on a trip?
2. What does Walter Grimes die of?
3. What is Howard's mood like when he returns from his trip in Part 3: Chapter 2?
4. How does Sarah keep in touch with Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
5. What does Emily try to remember at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)