|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which college does Emily receive a scholarship to?
(a) New York University.
(b) Sarah Lawrence College.
(c) Barnard College.
(d) Bard College.
2. What does Emily learn after she finally returns to work in Part 3:Chapter 2?
(a) That Peter has died.
(b) That Tony has died.
(c) That her mother has died.
(d) That Howard has died.
3. What is the relationship between Pookie and Sarah?
(a) Pookie and Sarah are neighbors.
(b) Aunt and niece.
(c) Mother and daughter.
(d) Teacher and student.
4. Who does Emily attend the second funeral of Part 3: Chapter 2 for?
(b) Sarah's sons.
5. Why does Emily move with Jack?
(a) Emily moves because she wants to write a book.
(b) In hopes of enriching their relationship and getting married.
(c) She is offered a job.
(d) Jack asks her to marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Emily worried at her father's funeral?
2. Where is Sarah when she is injured when Pookie leaves her with a neighbor?
3. What does Emily begin doing in the afternoons in Part 2: Chapter 2?
4. What state is Sarah planning to do research in for her project?
5. Who becomes pregnant in Chapter 4?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)