|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Jack Flanders leave his old profession?
(a) He moved abroad.
(b) To escape the world of academia.
(c) He was fired.
(d) To escape the world of business deals.
2. What does Sarah's son, Peter, want to be when he grows up?
(a) A Methodist minister.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) An Episcopalian priest.
(d) A doctor.
3. What is Emily frightened of when Sarah tells her she is going to a game?
(a) Emily is scared of her neighbor's dog.
(b) Emily is scared of the basement.
(c) She is frightened of being home alone.
(d) She is frightened getting into trouble.
4. Who is Michael Hogan?
(a) Emily's boss.
(b) The Grimes family lawyer.
(c) Emily's lover.
(d) Pookie's doctor.
5. Why is Sarah apprehensive about this plan for a big expense in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) Sarah doesn't want to ask Tony for help.
(b) She does not want to owe Emily anything.
(c) She doesn't want to speak to Jack's parents.
(d) She is struggling with money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pookie move in Part 2: Chapter 2?
2. Who is the youngest of Sarah and Tony's children?
3. How do critics respond to Jack's latest book in Part 2: Chapter 4?
4. Where does Peter pick Emily up in Part 3: Chapter 3?
5. What is Emily and Sarah's father's profession?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)