|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah's son, Peter, want to be when he grows up?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) An Episcopalian priest.
(d) A Methodist minister.
2. How many children does Sarah have?
(a) Two sons.
(b) Three daughters.
(c) Three sons.
(d) Four sons.
3. What does Jack tell Emily about this school's invitation?
(a) That it's financially a good idea.
(b) That it's huge honor.
(c) Jack tells Emily that they have offered her a job.
(d) That he doesn't want to do it.
4. In which city do Jack and Emily purchase a house?
(a) Iowa City.
(b) New York City.
5. What happens with Emily's article in Part 3: Chapter 3?
(a) The article is not accepted for print.
(b) It is picked up by a national magazine.
(c) She completes the article.
(d) She does not finish it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is believed to be the cause of Pookie's illness in Part 2: Chapter 3?
2. Why does Sarah abandon the book she was working on?
3. Who does Emily travel with at the end of Part 2: Chapter 2?
4. What happens with Emily's job in Part 2: Chapter 4?
5. What does Emily begin doing in the afternoons in Part 2: Chapter 2?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)