|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sarah begin going into the city once a week?
(a) To volunteer at a nursing home.
(b) Sarah babysits for her father's co-worker's children.
(c) To run errands for her father.
(d) In order for her father to provide her with braces for her overbite.
2. Why does Emily move with Jack?
(a) Emily moves because she wants to write a book.
(b) Jack asks her to marry him.
(c) In hopes of enriching their relationship and getting married.
(d) She is offered a job.
3. What is Emily and Sarah's father's profession?
(a) He writes headlines as a copy-desk man.
(b) He is a minister.
(c) He is a schoolteacher.
(d) He is a lawyer.
4. What is the name of Walter Grimes's lover?
(a) Irene Hammond.
(b) Donna Garrity.
(c) Jennifer Lane.
(d) Isabelle Hutz.
5. Why does Emily claim that she uses this topic as a conversation piece in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Because of her own guilt.
(b) Because of her own anger.
(c) Because of her own confusion.
(d) Because of her own anxiety.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which college does Emily receive a scholarship to?
2. After what length of time does Andrew say he will call Emily?
3. What does Emily try to remember at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 3?
4. What is the relationship between Pookie and Sarah?
5. How can Tony's mood be described in Part 3: Chapter 2?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)