|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At which school is Jack invited to teach at?
(a) The Writer's Workshop at the University of Montana.
(b) The University of Indiana.
(c) The Writer's Workshop at the University of Iowa.
(d) The University of Illinois.
2. What is Emily's mood after Jack and Emily move?
(b) Bored and frustrated.
3. What does Emily suspect happened to Sarah?
(a) Emily believes that Howard killed her.
(b) Emily thinks that Sarah committed suicide.
(c) Emily believes that Tony killed her.
(d) Emily suspects that Pookie killed Sarah.
4. What does a phone call Emily receives in Part 2: Chapter 3 prompt Emily to do?
(a) Apologize to Sarah.
(b) Remember the entire evening she had forgotten.
(c) Visit her mother.
(d) Quit her job.
5. Why does Emily postpone her decision near the end of Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) Emily's is not confident in her writing.
(b) Sarah tells her not to come.
(c) Jack asks her to stay.
(d) Jack has an attack of self-doubt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sarah keep in touch with Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
2. What does Emily discover when she visits Sarah in the hospital in Part 3: Chapter1?
3. What is Emily's job in Part 3: Chapter 1?
4. What happens prior to Emily's decision to divorce her husband?
5. What does Jack do with his current poetry?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)