|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Sarah have?
(a) Three daughters.
(b) Four sons.
(c) Three sons.
(d) Two sons.
2. Why does Emily not finish her article she is working on in Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) She is not confident in her writing.
(b) Her typewriter breaks.
(c) She wants to write a book instead.
(d) She loses interest.
3. How does Emily get home from school?
(a) Sarah walks Emily home.
(b) Emily rides the school bus.
(c) Emily walks with the other neighborhood children.
(d) Emily's mother picks her up.
4. In which month does Sarah call Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
5. What do Emily and Sarah do at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) They put Pookie in a nursing home.
(b) Sell their mother's possessions.
(c) Ask Jack's parents for money.
(d) Call Pookie's therapist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do critics respond to Jack's latest book in Part 2: Chapter 4?
2. When Emily wakes at night in Part 2: Chapter 2, what does she find Jack doing?
3. How does Sarah keep in touch with Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
4. Emily runs into a soldier looking for what?
5. Who calls Emily on the phone in Part 2: Chapter 3?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)