|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Emily frightened of when Sarah tells her she is going to a game?
(a) Emily is scared of her neighbor's dog.
(b) Emily is scared of the basement.
(c) She is frightened getting into trouble.
(d) She is frightened of being home alone.
2. Why is Emily worried at her father's funeral?
(a) Because she cannot cry.
(b) Because there are no flowers.
(c) Because she can't stop crying.
(d) She thinks that no one will show up.
3. What does Emily remain hopeful about, prompted by a overheard conversation between her parents?
(a) That her parents will get back together.
(b) That she will get a vanilla cake for her birthday.
(c) That her parents will buy her a bicycle.
(d) She is hopeful that she passes her English test.
4. Where does Howard Dunninger go on frequent business trips?
5. How does Emily react to Jack's book?
(a) She is supportive.
(b) Emily laughs.
(c) She is unsupportive.
(d) Emily thinks it's not well-written.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sarah travel to New York in Part 2: Chapter 4?
2. What do Emily and Sarah have to contend with Pookie about?
3. Where does Howard travel to in Part 3: Chapter 2?
4. What does Emily learn about Jack's past?
5. What does Emily find when she goes to Sarah's hotel the same night as they had lunch?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)