|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emily receive a phone call from at the end of Part 2: Chapter 3?
(c) Her mysterious lover.
2. How can Tony's mood be described in Part 3: Chapter 2?
3. Why does Emily's family push her to do this?
(a) They want her to stay home with her children.
(b) They want grandchildren.
(c) They want her to become a teacher.
(d) They are shocked at her desire to stay single.
4. Who is Jack Flanders?
(a) Her assistant.
(b) Emily's editor.
(c) Emily's husband.
(d) The husband of Emily's friend.
5. In Part 1: Chapter 1, where do Emily and Sarah go to visit their father?
(a) The local museum.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) Miami, FL.
(d) To an apartment one street over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state is Sarah planning to do research in for her project?
2. How does Emily react to Jack's book?
3. Who is Emily having these conversations with in Part 3: Chapter 1?
4. Why does Sarah begin going into the city once a week?
5. What does Sarah ultimately decide to do at the end of Part 2: Chapter 4?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)