|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack tell Emily about this school's invitation?
(a) That it's huge honor.
(b) That it's financially a good idea.
(c) That he doesn't want to do it.
(d) Jack tells Emily that they have offered her a job.
2. Why does Emily seek a divorce from her husband after only a few months of marriage?
(a) He becomes emotionally abusive.
(b) She doesn't feel a connection to him anymore.
(c) She decides she wants to live alone.
(d) She wants to move abroad.
3. How do critics respond to Jack's latest book in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) They dislike it.
(b) They say the book is mediocre.
(c) They ignore the book.
(d) They love the book.
4. Who is Jack Flanders?
(a) Emily's husband.
(b) The husband of Emily's friend.
(c) Emily's editor.
(d) Her assistant.
5. Who does Emily receive a phone call from at the end of Part 2: Chapter 3?
(a) Her mysterious lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Emily's mood after Jack and Emily move?
2. What state is Sarah planning to do research in for her project?
3. Where is Sarah's scar located?
4. What does Jack do with his current poetry?
5. At which school is Jack invited to teach at?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)