|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah ultimately decide to do at the end of Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) Move in with Emily.
(b) Return to Tony.
(c) Get help.
(d) Leave Tony.
2. How do Emily and Sarah plan to pay for a big expense in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) They ask Tony for money.
(b) They plan to ask Jack's parents for help.
(c) Emily agrees to pay.
(d) They agree to split the cost.
3. Why does Emily postpone her decision near the end of Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) Sarah tells her not to come.
(b) Jack has an attack of self-doubt.
(c) Jack asks her to stay.
(d) Emily's is not confident in her writing.
4. What does Sarah's son, Peter, want to be when he grows up?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) An Episcopalian priest.
(c) A Methodist minister.
(d) A doctor.
5. Where does Emily live before she goes to college?
(a) With her father.
(b) With her mother.
(c) With Tony.
(d) With her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Walter Grimes's lover?
2. Which college does Emily receive a scholarship to?
3. Who does Emily think Sarah resembles in Part 3: Chapter 1?
4. Who is the youngest of Sarah and Tony's children?
5. What does Emily explain to the neighborhood children?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)