|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emily move with Jack?
(a) In hopes of enriching their relationship and getting married.
(b) She is offered a job.
(c) Jack asks her to marry him.
(d) Emily moves because she wants to write a book.
2. What do Emily and Sarah have to contend with Pookie about?
(a) Bad marks in schools.
(b) Living above her means.
(c) Pookie won't pay any attention to Sarah or Emily.
(d) Pookie has a habit of exaggerating.
3. Who is Andrew Crawford?
(a) Walter Grimes' attorney.
(b) Sarah's minister.
(c) Sarah's nanny.
(d) A graduate student that Emily dates.
4. Why did Jack Flanders leave his old profession?
(a) To escape the world of academia.
(b) He was fired.
(c) To escape the world of business deals.
(d) He moved abroad.
5. In which city do Jack and Emily purchase a house?
(b) New York City.
(d) Iowa City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens prior to Emily's decision to divorce her husband?
2. Where is Sarah when she is injured when Pookie leaves her with a neighbor?
3. How does Emily react to the news of Sarah's project?
4. How does Emily react to Jack's book?
5. What does Emily's family push her to do after graduating from college?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)