|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sarah abandon the book she was working on?
(a) Because she is no longer interested in the subject.
(b) Because she would have to travel to Montana.
(c) Because Emily is not supportive.
(d) Because her husband tells her it's a dumb idea.
2. What is the name of Walter Grimes's lover?
(a) Irene Hammond.
(b) Isabelle Hutz.
(c) Donna Garrity.
(d) Jennifer Lane.
3. What does Jack do with his current poetry?
(a) Jack recites it for his class.
(b) He calls his agent.
(c) He refuses to allow Emily to read it.
(d) He asks Emily to read it.
4. After Sarah graduates from high school, she gets a job working where?
(a) At the grocery store.
(b) At the local newspaper.
(c) On the Wendell L. Wilkie campaign.
(d) At a radio station.
5. Whom does the space that Pookie moves to belong to?
(a) Tony's sister.
(b) Tony's parents.
(c) Jack's parents.
(d) Walter's mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily explain to the neighborhood children?
2. Which of Emily's qualities is Andrew Crawford impressed by?
3. Where is Sarah's scar located?
4. What does Pookie wear to Sarah and Tony's wedding?
5. Why does Sarah begin going into the city once a week?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)