|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the relationship between Emily and the merchant seaman end?
(a) He is called to work.
(b) He wife returns.
(c) Emily is no longer interested in him.
(d) He decides he wants to explore homosexuality.
2. In what season does Jack decide to take Emily on a trip?
(a) In summer.
(b) In spring.
(c) In winter.
(d) In fall.
3. Who is Sarah's project going to be about in Part 2: Chapter 1?
(a) One of her husband's ancestors.
(b) New York City.
(c) Her sister, Emily.
(d) A cabin by a lake.
4. What does Walter do during the outing with Emily to celebrate news of her scholarship?
(a) Gives Emily a lesson on family history.
(b) Drinks heavily.
(c) Spends too much money.
(d) Takes photographs of the giraffes.
5. What does Sarah reveal to Emily in Part 2: Chapter 1?
(a) That she is going back to school.
(b) That she writing a book.
(c) That she is getting a divorce.
(d) That she is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Emily react to Jack's book?
2. Who becomes pregnant in Chapter 4?
3. What does Jack do with his current poetry?
4. Why did Jack Flanders leave his old profession?
5. What does Emily begin doing in the afternoons in Part 2: Chapter 2?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)