|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first location mentioned in the novel?
(a) Sacramento, CA.
(b) Tenafly, NY.
(c) Pittsburgh, PA.
(d) Miami, FL.
2. At which school is Jack invited to teach at?
(a) The University of Indiana.
(b) The Writer's Workshop at the University of Montana.
(c) The University of Illinois.
(d) The Writer's Workshop at the University of Iowa.
3. After what length of time does Andrew say he will call Emily?
(a) In two years.
(b) After one year.
(d) In six months.
4. Which college does Emily receive a scholarship to?
(a) Sarah Lawrence College.
(b) Bard College.
(c) New York University.
(d) Barnard College.
5. How does Emily react to Jack's book?
(a) She is unsupportive.
(b) She is supportive.
(c) Emily thinks it's not well-written.
(d) Emily laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Emily frightened of when Sarah tells her she is going to a game?
2. Why did Jack Flanders leave his old profession?
3. Why does Emily take her first job after graduating from college?
4. Where does Pookie move in Part 2: Chapter 2?
5. Who is Andrew Crawford?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)