|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At which school is Jack invited to teach at?
(a) The Writer's Workshop at the University of Montana.
(b) The University of Illinois.
(c) The Writer's Workshop at the University of Iowa.
(d) The University of Indiana.
2. Which of Emily's qualities is Andrew Crawford impressed by?
(a) Her loyalty and intelligence.
(b) Emily's loyalty and optimism.
(c) Her courage and intelligence.
(d) Emily's humor and courage.
3. Where does Emily's father take her to celebrate the news of the scholarship?
(a) Shopping for new clothes.
(b) To lunch.
(c) To the history museum.
(d) To the zoo.
4. In Part 1: Chapter 1, where do Emily and Sarah go to visit their father?
(a) To an apartment one street over.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) The local museum.
(d) Miami, FL.
5. How many children does Sarah have?
(a) Three daughters.
(b) Two sons.
(c) Four sons.
(d) Three sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony's mother propose they name their estate?
2. What does Walter do during the outing with Emily to celebrate news of her scholarship?
3. Who is Jack Flanders?
4. Why does Emily's family push her to do this?
5. What does Jack ask Emily to do in Part 2: Chapter 1?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)