|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Emily's qualities is Andrew Crawford impressed by?
(a) Emily's humor and courage.
(b) Emily's loyalty and optimism.
(c) Her courage and intelligence.
(d) Her loyalty and intelligence.
2. What does Jack ask Emily to do in Part 2: Chapter 1?
(a) To have his child.
(b) To marry him.
(c) To write an article for him.
(d) To move with him.
3. Why does the relationship between Emily and the merchant seaman end?
(a) He decides he wants to explore homosexuality.
(b) He is called to work.
(c) He wife returns.
(d) Emily is no longer interested in him.
4. Who does Sarah meet at her first job after graduation from high school?
(a) A movie star, who autographs a picture for her.
(b) The mayor and he offers her a job.
(c) Her future husband.
(d) A newspaper journalist who decides to write a story about her.
5. Which topic does Emily choose to write about for a magazine article but never finishes?
(c) Family history.
(d) Health matters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jack Flanders leave his old profession?
2. How does Emily react to Jack's book?
3. How does Emily react to the news of Sarah's project?
4. What is the relationship between Pookie and Sarah?
5. Who is Sarah's project going to be about in Part 2: Chapter 1?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)