|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first character mentioned in The Easter Parade?
(a) Tony Wilson.
2. How does Emily get home from school?
(a) Emily rides the school bus.
(b) Emily's mother picks her up.
(c) Sarah walks Emily home.
(d) Emily walks with the other neighborhood children.
3. What do Emily and Sarah have to contend with Pookie about?
(a) Bad marks in schools.
(b) Living above her means.
(c) Pookie has a habit of exaggerating.
(d) Pookie won't pay any attention to Sarah or Emily.
4. Who is Harold Schneider?
(a) Emily's friend from next door.
(b) Sarah's boyfriend.
(c) The newspaper delivery boy.
(d) Pookie's boyfriend.
5. Why does Emily take her first job after graduating from college?
(a) Emily believes it is a door into reporting.
(b) She wants to report the news.
(c) She believes it is a door into the world of magazine writing.
(d) She is interested in sales.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah reveal to Emily in Part 2: Chapter 1?
2. What happens prior to Emily's decision to divorce her husband?
3. Which of Emily's qualities is Andrew Crawford impressed by?
4. What does Emily remain hopeful about, prompted by a overheard conversation between her parents?
5. Who does Pookie flirt with at Sarah and Tony's wedding?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)