|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Emily and Sarah's father's profession?
(a) He is a minister.
(b) He is a schoolteacher.
(c) He writes headlines as a copy-desk man.
(d) He is a lawyer.
2. What does Jack tell Emily about this school's invitation?
(a) That he doesn't want to do it.
(b) Jack tells Emily that they have offered her a job.
(c) That it's huge honor.
(d) That it's financially a good idea.
3. Why did Jack Flanders leave his old profession?
(a) He moved abroad.
(b) To escape the world of academia.
(c) To escape the world of business deals.
(d) He was fired.
4. What does Emily learn about Jack's past?
(a) That he ran away from home at age 9.
(b) That he is a published poet.
(c) That he spent the last five years in jail.
(d) That he has been married before.
5. How is Sarah injured when Pookie leaves her with a neighbor?
(a) She is bitten by a dog.
(b) When she tries to run under an iron bar.
(c) When she attempts to climb a fence.
(d) At a track meet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter do during the outing with Emily to celebrate news of her scholarship?
2. Why does Emily find Jack's book difficult?
3. What do Emily and Sarah have to contend with Pookie about?
4. Who is Jack Flanders?
5. What happens to Emily at the beginning of Part 2?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)