|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily remain hopeful about, prompted by a overheard conversation between her parents?
(a) That she will get a vanilla cake for her birthday.
(b) That her parents will buy her a bicycle.
(c) She is hopeful that she passes her English test.
(d) That her parents will get back together.
2. What does Sarah explain to Emily in Part 1:Chapter 2 when they are eating Popsicles?
(a) Sarah teaches Emily how to play tennis.
(b) She teaches her how to sew.
3. What does Pookie do at Sarah and Tony's wedding?
(a) Gets drunk.
(b) Loses one shoe.
(c) Dances with Tony.
(d) Gets into a fight with Sarah.
4. Which college does Emily receive a scholarship to?
(a) Bard College.
(b) Sarah Lawrence College.
(c) Barnard College.
(d) New York University.
5. What does Sarah's son, Peter, want to be when he grows up?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A Methodist minister.
(c) An Episcopalian priest.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Walter Grimes's lover?
2. What state is Sarah planning to do research in for her project?
3. Who is Jack Flanders?
4. Why does the relationship between Emily and the merchant seaman end?
5. What happens to Emily at the beginning of Part 2?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)