|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily's family push her to do after graduating from college?
(a) Quit working.
(b) Have children.
(c) Get married again.
(d) Get a new job.
2. What do Emily and Sarah have to contend with Pookie about?
(a) Pookie won't pay any attention to Sarah or Emily.
(b) Living above her means.
(c) Bad marks in schools.
(d) Pookie has a habit of exaggerating.
3. What is Andrew embarrassed about in his relationship with Emily?
(a) He suffers from sexual dysfunction and cannot perform.
(b) He recites a joke poorly.
(c) Because he calls Emily by the wrong name.
(d) He trips and falls.
4. What is the first location mentioned in the novel?
(a) Tenafly, NY.
(b) Miami, FL.
(c) Sacramento, CA.
(d) Pittsburgh, PA.
5. What does Sarah explain to Emily in Part 1:Chapter 2 when they are eating Popsicles?
(c) She teaches her how to sew.
(d) Sarah teaches Emily how to play tennis.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Emily get home from school?
2. Why does Emily take her first job after graduating from college?
3. Who is Jack Flanders?
4. What does Tony's mother propose they name their estate?
5. In Part 1: Chapter 1, where do Emily and Sarah go to visit their father?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)