|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of company does Emily work for?
(a) A food magazine.
(b) A state newspaper.
(c) The locals news station.
(d) A makeup company.
2. What does Emily remain hopeful about, prompted by a overheard conversation between her parents?
(a) That she will get a vanilla cake for her birthday.
(b) She is hopeful that she passes her English test.
(c) That her parents will buy her a bicycle.
(d) That her parents will get back together.
3. After Sarah graduates from high school, she gets a job working where?
(a) At a radio station.
(b) On the Wendell L. Wilkie campaign.
(c) At the grocery store.
(d) At the local newspaper.
4. On which holiday does Emily eavesdrop on her parents?
(c) Valentine's Day.
5. How many children does Sarah have?
(a) Four sons.
(b) Three sons.
(c) Three daughters.
(d) Two sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Emily react to the news of Sarah's project?
2. Why does Emily's family push her to do this?
3. What does Jack ask Emily to do in Part 2: Chapter 1?
4. What is Emily frightened of when Sarah tells her she is going to a game?
5. Why did Jack Flanders leave his old profession?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)