|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walter Grimes die of?
(c) Scarlet Fever.
2. Which of Emily's qualities is Andrew Crawford impressed by?
(a) Her courage and intelligence.
(b) Her loyalty and intelligence.
(c) Emily's loyalty and optimism.
(d) Emily's humor and courage.
3. What is the name of Walter Grimes's lover?
(a) Jennifer Lane.
(b) Irene Hammond.
(c) Donna Garrity.
(d) Isabelle Hutz.
4. What is the relationship between Pookie and Sarah?
(a) Mother and daughter.
(b) Aunt and niece.
(c) Pookie and Sarah are neighbors.
(d) Teacher and student.
5. What is Emily and Sarah's father's profession?
(a) He is a schoolteacher.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a minister.
(d) He writes headlines as a copy-desk man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Andrew embarrassed about in his relationship with Emily?
2. Who becomes pregnant in Chapter 4?
3. What is the first location mentioned in the novel?
4. Who is Tony Wilson?
5. What does Tony's mother propose they name their estate?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)