|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Emily and Sarah's father's profession?
(a) He is a schoolteacher.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a minister.
(d) He writes headlines as a copy-desk man.
2. What does Tony's mother propose they name their estate?
(a) Fair Hedges.
(b) Lilac Estate.
(c) Great Falls.
(d) Great Hedges.
3. Sarah and Tony get married in what season of 1941?
4. What is the relationship between Pookie and Sarah?
(a) Aunt and niece.
(b) Pookie and Sarah are neighbors.
(c) Teacher and student.
(d) Mother and daughter.
5. On which holiday does Emily eavesdrop on her parents?
(c) Valentine's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily remain hopeful about, prompted by a overheard conversation between her parents?
2. Why is Emily worried at her father's funeral?
3. Which of Emily's qualities is Andrew Crawford impressed by?
4. What does Sarah explain to Emily in Part 1:Chapter 2 when they are eating Popsicles?
5. What does Sarah wear to the Easter Parade?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)