|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tony's mother propose they name their estate?
(a) Great Hedges.
(b) Lilac Estate.
(c) Fair Hedges.
(d) Great Falls.
2. What happens prior to Emily's decision to divorce her husband?
(a) Emily visits Tony and Sarah.
(b) Emily publishes a book.
(c) She visits her mother.
(d) Emily travels to Europe.
3. How is Sarah injured when Pookie leaves her with a neighbor?
(a) At a track meet.
(b) When she attempts to climb a fence.
(c) She is bitten by a dog.
(d) When she tries to run under an iron bar.
4. Emily runs into a soldier looking for what?
(a) His father.
(b) A jazz bar called Nick's.
(c) The movie theater.
(d) A restaurant called Lola's.
5. What does Walter do during the outing with Emily to celebrate news of her scholarship?
(a) Drinks heavily.
(b) Gives Emily a lesson on family history.
(c) Spends too much money.
(d) Takes photographs of the giraffes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Emily and Sarah's father's profession?
2. What is the name of Walter Grimes's lover?
3. Why is Emily worried at her father's funeral?
4. What is Andrew embarrassed about in his relationship with Emily?
5. What does Emily remain hopeful about, prompted by a overheard conversation between her parents?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)