|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sarah working when she is required to attend the Easter Parade?
(a) At the mayor's office.
(b) For United China Relief
(c) On a campaign.
(d) At a newspaper.
2. Who does Sarah meet at her first job after graduation from high school?
(a) Her future husband.
(b) A newspaper journalist who decides to write a story about her.
(c) The mayor and he offers her a job.
(d) A movie star, who autographs a picture for her.
3. After Sarah graduates from high school, she gets a job working where?
(a) At the local newspaper.
(b) At a radio station.
(c) At the grocery store.
(d) On the Wendell L. Wilkie campaign.
4. Why does Emily seek a divorce from her husband after only a few months of marriage?
(a) He becomes emotionally abusive.
(b) She wants to move abroad.
(c) She decides she wants to live alone.
(d) She doesn't feel a connection to him anymore.
5. What happens to Andrew and Emily at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) They get married.
(b) They attend church together.
(c) They get divorced.
(d) They go to an amusement park together.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Sarah injured when Pookie leaves her with a neighbor?
2. What does Walter do during the outing with Emily to celebrate news of her scholarship?
3. What is the name of Walter Grimes's lover?
4. What is Emily frightened of when Sarah tells her she is going to a game?
5. Who is Harold Schneider?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)