|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Emily and Sarah's father's profession?
(a) He is a schoolteacher.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a minister.
(d) He writes headlines as a copy-desk man.
2. What is the relationship between Pookie and Sarah?
(a) Teacher and student.
(b) Pookie and Sarah are neighbors.
(c) Aunt and niece.
(d) Mother and daughter.
3. What does Emily explain to the neighborhood children?
(b) The Easter Bunny.
(c) The color of the sky.
4. Where does Emily's father take her to celebrate the news of the scholarship?
(a) To the zoo.
(b) Shopping for new clothes.
(c) To lunch.
(d) To the history museum.
5. How is Sarah injured when Pookie leaves her with a neighbor?
(a) When she tries to run under an iron bar.
(b) When she attempts to climb a fence.
(c) She is bitten by a dog.
(d) At a track meet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah and Tony get married in what season of 1941?
2. What is the relationship between Emily and Sarah?
3. Where is Sarah working when she is required to attend the Easter Parade?
4. What is Emily frightened of when Sarah tells her she is going to a game?
5. In Part 1: Chapter 1, where do Emily and Sarah go to visit their father?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)