|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Emily and Sarah's father's profession?
(a) He is a minister.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He writes headlines as a copy-desk man.
(d) He is a schoolteacher.
2. What does Pookie do at Sarah and Tony's wedding?
(a) Gets drunk.
(b) Loses one shoe.
(c) Dances with Tony.
(d) Gets into a fight with Sarah.
3. Why does the relationship between Emily and the merchant seaman end?
(a) Emily is no longer interested in him.
(b) He is called to work.
(c) He wife returns.
(d) He decides he wants to explore homosexuality.
4. What happens to Andrew and Emily at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) They get married.
(b) They attend church together.
(c) They go to an amusement park together.
(d) They get divorced.
5. How is Sarah injured when Pookie leaves her with a neighbor?
(a) At a track meet.
(b) She is bitten by a dog.
(c) When she tries to run under an iron bar.
(d) When she attempts to climb a fence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily explain to the neighborhood children?
2. Emily runs into a soldier looking for what?
3. Who is the first character mentioned in The Easter Parade?
4. Who is Andrew Crawford?
5. After what length of time does Andrew say he will call Emily?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)