|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sarah working when she is required to attend the Easter Parade?
(a) On a campaign.
(b) For United China Relief
(c) At the mayor's office.
(d) At a newspaper.
2. How many children does Sarah have?
(a) Three sons.
(b) Three daughters.
(c) Two sons.
(d) Four sons.
3. Emily runs into a soldier looking for what?
(a) His father.
(b) A restaurant called Lola's.
(c) A jazz bar called Nick's.
(d) The movie theater.
4. Who becomes pregnant in Chapter 4?
(c) Tony's mother.
5. Where is Sarah's scar located?
(a) On her right knee.
(b) Across her left foot.
(c) On her left elbow.
(d) Over and across one eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sarah meet at her first job after graduation from high school?
2. Why does Emily seek a divorce from her husband after only a few months of marriage?
3. What is the first location mentioned in the novel?
4. Where does Emily's father take her to celebrate the news of the scholarship?
5. What does Sarah explain to Emily in Part 1:Chapter 2 when they are eating Popsicles?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)