|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emily runs into a soldier looking for what?
(a) A jazz bar called Nick's.
(b) His father.
(c) A restaurant called Lola's.
(d) The movie theater.
2. After Sarah graduates from high school, she gets a job working where?
(a) At the local newspaper.
(b) At a radio station.
(c) At the grocery store.
(d) On the Wendell L. Wilkie campaign.
3. Where does Emily live before she goes to college?
(a) With her sister.
(b) With her father.
(c) With Tony.
(d) With her mother.
4. How does Emily get home from school?
(a) Emily's mother picks her up.
(b) Emily walks with the other neighborhood children.
(c) Emily rides the school bus.
(d) Sarah walks Emily home.
5. What is Emily and Sarah's father's profession?
(a) He is a lawyer.
(b) He is a schoolteacher.
(c) He writes headlines as a copy-desk man.
(d) He is a minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sarah when she is injured when Pookie leaves her with a neighbor?
2. What is the name of Walter Grimes's lover?
3. What does Pookie wear to Sarah and Tony's wedding?
4. Who becomes pregnant in Chapter 4?
5. What does Emily remain hopeful about, prompted by a overheard conversation between her parents?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)