|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens prior to Emily's decision to divorce her husband?
(a) She visits her mother.
(b) Emily visits Tony and Sarah.
(c) Emily travels to Europe.
(d) Emily publishes a book.
2. Where does Emily live before she goes to college?
(a) With her mother.
(b) With Tony.
(c) With her sister.
(d) With her father.
3. After Sarah graduates from high school, she gets a job working where?
(a) At a radio station.
(b) On the Wendell L. Wilkie campaign.
(c) At the local newspaper.
(d) At the grocery store.
4. Who does Sarah meet at her first job after graduation from high school?
(a) The mayor and he offers her a job.
(b) A newspaper journalist who decides to write a story about her.
(c) A movie star, who autographs a picture for her.
(d) Her future husband.
5. What is Emily frightened of when Sarah tells her she is going to a game?
(a) She is frightened getting into trouble.
(b) She is frightened of being home alone.
(c) Emily is scared of the basement.
(d) Emily is scared of her neighbor's dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily remain hopeful about, prompted by a overheard conversation between her parents?
2. How does Emily get home from school?
3. What does Tony's mother propose they name their estate?
4. Who becomes pregnant in Chapter 4?
5. Where is Sarah's scar located?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)