|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first location mentioned in the novel?
(a) Miami, FL.
(b) Pittsburgh, PA.
(c) Sacramento, CA.
(d) Tenafly, NY.
2. What is Emily and Sarah's father's profession?
(a) He is a minister.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a schoolteacher.
(d) He writes headlines as a copy-desk man.
3. What is Andrew embarrassed about in his relationship with Emily?
(a) He trips and falls.
(b) He suffers from sexual dysfunction and cannot perform.
(c) Because he calls Emily by the wrong name.
(d) He recites a joke poorly.
4. What does Tony's mother propose they name their estate?
(a) Lilac Estate.
(b) Great Falls.
(c) Great Hedges.
(d) Fair Hedges.
5. What does Sarah wear to the Easter Parade?
(a) Traditional attire.
(b) A sundress.
(c) English formal wear.
(d) A bunny costume.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Pookie and Sarah?
2. Where is Sarah when she is injured when Pookie leaves her with a neighbor?
3. What is the name of Walter Grimes's lover?
4. How is Sarah injured when Pookie leaves her with a neighbor?
5. What happens prior to Emily's decision to divorce her husband?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)