|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walter do during the outing with Emily to celebrate news of her scholarship?
(a) Gives Emily a lesson on family history.
(b) Spends too much money.
(c) Takes photographs of the giraffes.
(d) Drinks heavily.
2. Why does Emily seek a divorce from her husband after only a few months of marriage?
(a) He becomes emotionally abusive.
(b) She doesn't feel a connection to him anymore.
(c) She wants to move abroad.
(d) She decides she wants to live alone.
3. What happens to Andrew and Emily at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) They go to an amusement park together.
(b) They get married.
(c) They attend church together.
(d) They get divorced.
4. Emily runs into a soldier looking for what?
(a) His father.
(b) A restaurant called Lola's.
(c) The movie theater.
(d) A jazz bar called Nick's.
5. What does Sarah wear to the Easter Parade?
(a) English formal wear.
(b) Traditional attire.
(c) A bunny costume.
(d) A sundress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah explain to Emily in Part 1:Chapter 2 when they are eating Popsicles?
2. What does Emily remain hopeful about, prompted by a overheard conversation between her parents?
3. Where does Emily's father take her to celebrate the news of the scholarship?
4. Who is Tony Wilson?
5. On which holiday does Emily eavesdrop on her parents?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)