|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tony's mother propose they name their estate?
(a) Great Falls.
(b) Great Hedges.
(c) Lilac Estate.
(d) Fair Hedges.
2. What is the relationship between Pookie and Sarah?
(a) Pookie and Sarah are neighbors.
(b) Mother and daughter.
(c) Aunt and niece.
(d) Teacher and student.
3. Where is Sarah's scar located?
(a) Across her left foot.
(b) On her right knee.
(c) Over and across one eye.
(d) On her left elbow.
4. Who is Andrew Crawford?
(a) Sarah's nanny.
(b) Sarah's minister.
(c) Walter Grimes' attorney.
(d) A graduate student that Emily dates.
5. Who does Pookie flirt with at Sarah and Tony's wedding?
(a) The groom's father.
(b) On Tony.
(c) The groom's brother.
(d) The minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily explain to the neighborhood children?
2. Sarah and Tony get married in what season of 1941?
3. Who is Harold Schneider?
4. What is the first location mentioned in the novel?
5. How is Sarah injured when Pookie leaves her with a neighbor?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)