|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Emily and Sarah have to contend with Pookie about?
(a) Pookie has a habit of exaggerating.
(b) Living above her means.
(c) Bad marks in schools.
(d) Pookie won't pay any attention to Sarah or Emily.
2. What does Sarah explain to Emily in Part 1:Chapter 2 when they are eating Popsicles?
(a) She teaches her how to sew.
(b) Sarah teaches Emily how to play tennis.
3. What happens prior to Emily's decision to divorce her husband?
(a) Emily travels to Europe.
(b) Emily visits Tony and Sarah.
(c) She visits her mother.
(d) Emily publishes a book.
4. Who does Sarah meet at her first job after graduation from high school?
(a) A newspaper journalist who decides to write a story about her.
(b) A movie star, who autographs a picture for her.
(c) Her future husband.
(d) The mayor and he offers her a job.
5. Why is Emily worried at her father's funeral?
(a) Because there are no flowers.
(b) Because she cannot cry.
(c) Because she can't stop crying.
(d) She thinks that no one will show up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Pookie and Sarah?
2. What does Emily explain to the neighborhood children?
3. How does Emily get home from school?
4. Emily runs into a soldier looking for what?
5. Why does the relationship between Emily and the merchant seaman end?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)