|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Emily worried at her father's funeral?
(a) Because she cannot cry.
(b) She thinks that no one will show up.
(c) Because she can't stop crying.
(d) Because there are no flowers.
2. What does Pookie wear to Sarah and Tony's wedding?
(a) A blue dress.
(b) Shocking pink.
(c) A yellow scarf.
(d) A purple hat.
3. Why does Emily seek a divorce from her husband after only a few months of marriage?
(a) He becomes emotionally abusive.
(b) She decides she wants to live alone.
(c) She doesn't feel a connection to him anymore.
(d) She wants to move abroad.
4. What does Walter do during the outing with Emily to celebrate news of her scholarship?
(a) Spends too much money.
(b) Drinks heavily.
(c) Takes photographs of the giraffes.
(d) Gives Emily a lesson on family history.
5. Emily and the soldier go to Central Park where Emily loses what?
(a) Her wallet.
(b) Her shoe.
(c) Her virginity.
(d) Her sunglasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter Grimes die of?
2. Where is Sarah when she is injured when Pookie leaves her with a neighbor?
3. Where does Emily live before she goes to college?
4. Who is Harold Schneider?
5. Who does Sarah meet at her first job after graduation from high school?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)