|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Emily worried at her father's funeral?
(a) She thinks that no one will show up.
(b) Because she can't stop crying.
(c) Because there are no flowers.
(d) Because she cannot cry.
2. What do Emily and Sarah have to contend with Pookie about?
(a) Bad marks in schools.
(b) Pookie won't pay any attention to Sarah or Emily.
(c) Living above her means.
(d) Pookie has a habit of exaggerating.
3. Why does the relationship between Emily and the merchant seaman end?
(a) He wife returns.
(b) He decides he wants to explore homosexuality.
(c) Emily is no longer interested in him.
(d) He is called to work.
4. What happens to Andrew and Emily at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) They attend church together.
(b) They get married.
(c) They get divorced.
(d) They go to an amusement park together.
5. What does Tony's mother propose they name their estate?
(a) Fair Hedges.
(b) Great Falls.
(c) Lilac Estate.
(d) Great Hedges.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah wear to the Easter Parade?
2. Which of Emily's qualities is Andrew Crawford impressed by?
3. Where does Emily's father take her to celebrate the news of the scholarship?
4. Where is Sarah working when she is required to attend the Easter Parade?
5. After Sarah graduates from high school, she gets a job working where?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)