|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah attempt to do at the end of Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) Stay with Tony.
(b) Leave Tony.
(c) Forgive Tony.
(d) Get help.
2. What is Emily frightened of when Sarah tells her she is going to a game?
(a) She is frightened getting into trouble.
(b) She is frightened of being home alone.
(c) Emily is scared of the basement.
(d) Emily is scared of her neighbor's dog.
3. What does Howard Dunninger make clear to Emily?
(a) That he loves his wife.
(b) That he does not like Emily.
(c) That he wants to marry her.
(d) That he hates his job.
4. Who does Sarah meet at her first job after graduation from high school?
(a) A newspaper journalist who decides to write a story about her.
(b) Her future husband.
(c) A movie star, who autographs a picture for her.
(d) The mayor and he offers her a job.
5. How is Sarah injured when Pookie leaves her with a neighbor?
(a) At a track meet.
(b) She is bitten by a dog.
(c) When she attempts to climb a fence.
(d) When she tries to run under an iron bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily begin writing an article about at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 2?
2. When Emily wakes at night in Part 2: Chapter 2, what does she find Jack doing?
3. What is the first location mentioned in the novel?
4. What happens to Andrew and Emily at the end of Chapter 4?
5. What happens with Emily's job in Part 2: Chapter 4?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)