|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Jack Flanders leave his old profession?
(a) To escape the world of academia.
(b) To escape the world of business deals.
(c) He was fired.
(d) He moved abroad.
2. Where is Sarah when she is injured when Pookie leaves her with a neighbor?
(a) At a local park.
(b) Visiting her grandmother.
(c) Shopping at the mall.
(d) At a neighbor's home.
3. At which school is Jack invited to teach at?
(a) The University of Illinois.
(b) The University of Indiana.
(c) The Writer's Workshop at the University of Iowa.
(d) The Writer's Workshop at the University of Montana.
4. How is Sarah injured when Pookie leaves her with a neighbor?
(a) At a track meet.
(b) When she tries to run under an iron bar.
(c) When she attempts to climb a fence.
(d) She is bitten by a dog.
5. In Part 1: Chapter 1, where do Emily and Sarah go to visit their father?
(a) The local museum.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) To an apartment one street over.
(d) Miami, FL.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes pregnant in Chapter 4?
2. What is Andrew embarrassed about in his relationship with Emily?
3. What does Emily explain to the neighborhood children?
4. Where is Sarah working when she is required to attend the Easter Parade?
5. Why does Emily take her first job after graduating from college?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)