|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tony's mother propose they name their estate?
(a) Fair Hedges.
(b) Great Falls.
(c) Great Hedges.
(d) Lilac Estate.
2. What is Emily and Sarah's father's profession?
(a) He is a lawyer.
(b) He writes headlines as a copy-desk man.
(c) He is a schoolteacher.
(d) He is a minister.
3. How many children does Sarah have?
(a) Four sons.
(b) Three sons.
(c) Three daughters.
(d) Two sons.
4. Why does the relationship between Emily and the merchant seaman end?
(a) Emily is no longer interested in him.
(b) He decides he wants to explore homosexuality.
(c) He is called to work.
(d) He wife returns.
5. What is the first location mentioned in the novel?
(a) Sacramento, CA.
(b) Pittsburgh, PA.
(c) Tenafly, NY.
(d) Miami, FL.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pookie wear to Sarah and Tony's wedding?
2. Where does Emily live before she goes to college?
3. Who is the first character mentioned in The Easter Parade?
4. What does Emily remain hopeful about, prompted by a overheard conversation between her parents?
5. Emily runs into a soldier looking for what?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)