|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the poems about in the book Jack publishes in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) His and Emily's relationship.
2. What is believed to be the cause of Pookie's illness in Part 2: Chapter 3?
(d) An accident.
3. What does the letter Emily receives in Part 2: Chapter 2 say that Pookie has lost?
(a) Her job.
(b) Her car.
(c) Her mind.
(d) Her husband.
4. When do Emily and Howard visit Sarah?
(a) On their way to Florida.
(b) At the end of a summer vacation in 1967.
(c) At the beginning of winter in 1970.
(d) Before they move to Iowa.
5. What does Sarah explain to Emily in Part 1:Chapter 2 when they are eating Popsicles?
(b) Sarah teaches Emily how to play tennis.
(c) She teaches her how to sew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily discover when she visits Sarah in the hospital in Part 3: Chapter1?
2. Why does Emily claim that she uses this topic as a conversation piece in Part 3: Chapter 1?
3. What is the relationship between Emily and Sarah?
4. Who is Jack Flanders?
5. Who becomes pregnant in Chapter 4?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)