|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emily claim that she uses this topic as a conversation piece in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Because of her own guilt.
(b) Because of her own anger.
(c) Because of her own confusion.
(d) Because of her own anxiety.
2. Who does Sarah meet at her first job after graduation from high school?
(a) A newspaper journalist who decides to write a story about her.
(b) The mayor and he offers her a job.
(c) Her future husband.
(d) A movie star, who autographs a picture for her.
3. Where does Emily work in Part 2: Chapters 3-4?
(a) A public school.
(b) A law firm.
(c) An advertising agency.
(d) A magazine
4. Who is Howard Dunninger?
(a) Emily's boss.
(b) One of Emily's lovers.
(c) Sarah's first husband.
(d) A principal.
5. What happens with Emily's job in Part 2: Chapter 4?
(a) She is promoted.
(b) She is fired.
(c) She quits.
(d) She is let go.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah's son, Peter, want to be when he grows up?
2. What do Emily and Sarah do at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 4?
3. Who does Emily travel with at the end of Part 2: Chapter 2?
4. What happens to Emily at the beginning of Part 2?
5. Where does Jack decide to take Emily in Part 2: Chapter 2?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)