|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah's son, Peter, want to be when he grows up?
(a) An Episcopalian priest.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A Methodist minister.
2. What is Emily's first job after graduating from college?
(a) She is a news anchor.
(b) She is a beauty pageant judge.
(c) She becomes a writer for a magazine.
(d) She becomes a newspaper journalist.
3. Which topic does Emily choose to write about for a magazine article but never finishes?
(c) Health matters.
(d) Family history.
4. How is Sarah injured when Pookie leaves her with a neighbor?
(a) She is bitten by a dog.
(b) When she attempts to climb a fence.
(c) At a track meet.
(d) When she tries to run under an iron bar.
5. Who does Emily receive a phone call from at the end of Part 2: Chapter 3?
(b) Her mysterious lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first location mentioned in the novel?
2. How does Emily react to Jack's book?
3. What is Emily frightened of when Sarah tells her she is going to a game?
4. What are the poems about in the book Jack publishes in Part 2: Chapter 4?
5. What is the relationship between Pookie and Sarah?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)