|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack tell Emily about this school's invitation?
(a) Jack tells Emily that they have offered her a job.
(b) That he doesn't want to do it.
(c) That it's financially a good idea.
(d) That it's huge honor.
2. Where does Pookie move in Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) An apartment over a agarage.
(b) To Iowa.
(c) Into the city.
(d) To Montana.
3. Which topic does Emily choose to write about for a magazine article but never finishes?
(b) Health matters.
(d) Family history.
4. Emily runs into a soldier looking for what?
(a) A restaurant called Lola's.
(b) The movie theater.
(c) A jazz bar called Nick's.
(d) His father.
5. What is Emily and Sarah's father's profession?
(a) He is a lawyer.
(b) He is a schoolteacher.
(c) He writes headlines as a copy-desk man.
(d) He is a minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the poems about in the book Jack publishes in Part 2: Chapter 4?
2. What is Howard's mood like when he returns from his trip in Part 3: Chapter 2?
3. How old is Emily in Chapter 2 of Part 3?
4. Who is Andrew Crawford?
5. What do Emily and Sarah do at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 4?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)