|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens prior to Emily's decision to divorce her husband?
(a) Emily publishes a book.
(b) Emily travels to Europe.
(c) She visits her mother.
(d) Emily visits Tony and Sarah.
2. What happens to Andrew and Emily at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) They go to an amusement park together.
(b) They attend church together.
(c) They get divorced.
(d) They get married.
3. What type of company does Emily work for?
(a) The locals news station.
(b) A food magazine.
(c) A makeup company.
(d) A state newspaper.
4. Who is Andrew Crawford?
(a) A graduate student that Emily dates.
(b) Sarah's nanny.
(c) Walter Grimes' attorney.
(d) Sarah's minister.
5. What does Emily remain hopeful about, prompted by a overheard conversation between her parents?
(a) That her parents will get back together.
(b) That she will get a vanilla cake for her birthday.
(c) That her parents will buy her a bicycle.
(d) She is hopeful that she passes her English test.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Emily and Sarah's father's profession?
2. What is the first location mentioned in the novel?
3. Where does Emily's father take her to celebrate the news of the scholarship?
4. What does Pookie do at Sarah and Tony's wedding?
5. Sarah and Tony get married in what season of 1941?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)