|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emily find Jack's book difficult?
(a) Jack does not use punctuation in his writing.
(b) She finds the language to be obtuse.
(c) She is not a fan of poetry.
(d) She discovers that Jack uses a lot of French in poetry.
2. How does Emily react to the news of Sarah's project?
(a) She ignores Sarah.
(b) She is impressed.
(c) She cries.
(d) She is negative.
3. Why does Emily seek a divorce from her husband after only a few months of marriage?
(a) She wants to move abroad.
(b) She decides she wants to live alone.
(c) She doesn't feel a connection to him anymore.
(d) He becomes emotionally abusive.
4. Which college does Emily receive a scholarship to?
(a) Bard College.
(b) Sarah Lawrence College.
(c) New York University.
(d) Barnard College.
5. Where does Emily's father take her to celebrate the news of the scholarship?
(a) To the history museum.
(b) To the zoo.
(c) To lunch.
(d) Shopping for new clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state is Sarah planning to do research in for her project?
2. How does Emily get home from school?
3. Why did Jack Flanders leave his old profession?
4. What does Pookie do at Sarah and Tony's wedding?
5. What happens prior to Emily's decision to divorce her husband?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)