|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emily take her first job after graduating from college?
(a) She wants to report the news.
(b) She believes it is a door into the world of magazine writing.
(c) Emily believes it is a door into reporting.
(d) She is interested in sales.
2. What state is Sarah planning to do research in for her project?
(c) New York.
3. What does Sarah tell Emily that she has a talent for?
4. What do Emily and Jack begin to do soon after they meet?
(b) Talk about their families together.
(c) Eat lunch together.
(d) Go shopping together.
5. Why does Emily find Jack's book difficult?
(a) Jack does not use punctuation in his writing.
(b) She discovers that Jack uses a lot of French in poetry.
(c) She finds the language to be obtuse.
(d) She is not a fan of poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Sarah injured when Pookie leaves her with a neighbor?
2. Who does Pookie flirt with at Sarah and Tony's wedding?
3. What is Emily frightened of when Sarah tells her she is going to a game?
4. What do Emily and Sarah have to contend with Pookie about?
5. Who is Sarah's project going to be about in Part 2: Chapter 1?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)