|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walter Grimes die of?
(c) Scarlet Fever.
2. What does Emily learn about Jack's past?
(a) That he is a published poet.
(b) That he spent the last five years in jail.
(c) That he ran away from home at age 9.
(d) That he has been married before.
3. Why does Emily find Jack's book difficult?
(a) She discovers that Jack uses a lot of French in poetry.
(b) She is not a fan of poetry.
(c) She finds the language to be obtuse.
(d) Jack does not use punctuation in his writing.
4. How does Emily react to the news of Sarah's project?
(a) She ignores Sarah.
(b) She is negative.
(c) She cries.
(d) She is impressed.
5. What is the relationship between Pookie and Sarah?
(a) Teacher and student.
(b) Aunt and niece.
(c) Mother and daughter.
(d) Pookie and Sarah are neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which topic does Emily choose to write about for a magazine article but never finishes?
2. In which state is Jack offered a job?
3. What does Sarah reveal to Emily in Part 2: Chapter 1?
4. What is Andrew embarrassed about in his relationship with Emily?
5. Who is Andrew Crawford?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)