|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Emily and Sarah's father's profession?
(a) He is a minister.
(b) He writes headlines as a copy-desk man.
(c) He is a schoolteacher.
(d) He is a lawyer.
2. Who do Jack and Emily visit in Part 2: Chapter 1?
3. Which topic does Emily choose to write about for a magazine article but never finishes?
(c) Health matters.
(d) Family history.
4. What is Andrew embarrassed about in his relationship with Emily?
(a) He trips and falls.
(b) He suffers from sexual dysfunction and cannot perform.
(c) He recites a joke poorly.
(d) Because he calls Emily by the wrong name.
5. Why does Emily take her first job after graduating from college?
(a) Emily believes it is a door into reporting.
(b) She believes it is a door into the world of magazine writing.
(c) She is interested in sales.
(d) She wants to report the news.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Walter Grimes die of?
2. What happens to Emily at the beginning of Part 2?
3. Where is Sarah when she is injured when Pookie leaves her with a neighbor?
4. What happens to Andrew and Emily at the end of Chapter 4?
5. What does Sarah reveal to Emily in Part 2: Chapter 1?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)