|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Emily's first job after graduating from college?
(a) She becomes a writer for a magazine.
(b) She is a news anchor.
(c) She becomes a newspaper journalist.
(d) She is a beauty pageant judge.
2. What is the relationship between Emily and Sarah?
(a) They are best friends.
(b) They are step-sisters.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are sisters.
3. Where is Sarah's scar located?
(a) Over and across one eye.
(b) Across her left foot.
(c) On her right knee.
(d) On her left elbow.
4. Where is Sarah working when she is required to attend the Easter Parade?
(a) At a newspaper.
(b) For United China Relief
(c) At the mayor's office.
(d) On a campaign.
5. What does Emily learn about Jack's past?
(a) That he has been married before.
(b) That he spent the last five years in jail.
(c) That he is a published poet.
(d) That he ran away from home at age 9.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack ask Emily to do in Part 2: Chapter 1?
2. Why does the relationship between Emily and the merchant seaman end?
3. Who does Pookie flirt with at Sarah and Tony's wedding?
4. What does Tony Wilson wear to the Easter Parade?
5. What is the name of Walter Grimes's lover?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)