|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emily runs into a soldier looking for what?
(a) His father.
(b) A jazz bar called Nick's.
(c) A restaurant called Lola's.
(d) The movie theater.
2. Who is Sarah's project going to be about in Part 2: Chapter 1?
(a) One of her husband's ancestors.
(b) New York City.
(c) Her sister, Emily.
(d) A cabin by a lake.
3. Which college does Emily receive a scholarship to?
(a) New York University.
(b) Barnard College.
(c) Sarah Lawrence College.
(d) Bard College.
4. Why does the relationship between Emily and the merchant seaman end?
(a) He decides he wants to explore homosexuality.
(b) He wife returns.
(c) He is called to work.
(d) Emily is no longer interested in him.
5. What state is Sarah planning to do research in for her project?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sarah when she is injured when Pookie leaves her with a neighbor?
2. Why does Emily find Jack's book difficult?
3. What does Sarah wear to the Easter Parade?
4. Which topic does Emily choose to write about for a magazine article but never finishes?
5. Why does Emily seek a divorce from her husband after only a few months of marriage?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)