|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the relationship between Emily and the merchant seaman end?
(a) He wife returns.
(b) He is called to work.
(c) He decides he wants to explore homosexuality.
(d) Emily is no longer interested in him.
2. What does Sarah reveal to Emily in Part 2: Chapter 1?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That she is going back to school.
(c) That she is getting a divorce.
(d) That she writing a book.
3. What do Emily and Sarah have to contend with Pookie about?
(a) Bad marks in schools.
(b) Pookie has a habit of exaggerating.
(c) Pookie won't pay any attention to Sarah or Emily.
(d) Living above her means.
4. How is Sarah injured when Pookie leaves her with a neighbor?
(a) When she attempts to climb a fence.
(b) When she tries to run under an iron bar.
(c) At a track meet.
(d) She is bitten by a dog.
5. Who does Sarah meet at her first job after graduation from high school?
(a) Her future husband.
(b) A newspaper journalist who decides to write a story about her.
(c) The mayor and he offers her a job.
(d) A movie star, who autographs a picture for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Emily worried at her father's funeral?
2. What does Jack tell Emily about this school's invitation?
3. What do Emily and Jack begin to do soon after they meet?
4. What does Pookie do at Sarah and Tony's wedding?
5. How many children does Sarah have?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)