|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sarah abandon the book she was working on?
(a) Because she would have to travel to Montana.
(b) Because she is no longer interested in the subject.
(c) Because Emily is not supportive.
(d) Because her husband tells her it's a dumb idea.
2. Where does Emily's father take her to celebrate the news of the scholarship?
(a) To the history museum.
(b) To lunch.
(c) To the zoo.
(d) Shopping for new clothes.
3. Why does Emily move with Jack?
(a) Jack asks her to marry him.
(b) In hopes of enriching their relationship and getting married.
(c) Emily moves because she wants to write a book.
(d) She is offered a job.
4. Who is Andrew Crawford?
(a) Sarah's minister.
(b) Sarah's nanny.
(c) Walter Grimes' attorney.
(d) A graduate student that Emily dates.
5. What does Jack do with his current poetry?
(a) Jack recites it for his class.
(b) He refuses to allow Emily to read it.
(c) He asks Emily to read it.
(d) He calls his agent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Emily and Sarah's father's profession?
2. What does a phone call Emily receives in Part 2: Chapter 3 prompt Emily to do?
3. Whom does the space that Pookie moves to belong to?
4. Who calls Emily on the phone in Part 2: Chapter 3?
5. What do Emily and Sarah have to contend with Pookie about?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)