|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack do with his current poetry?
(a) He calls his agent.
(b) He refuses to allow Emily to read it.
(c) He asks Emily to read it.
(d) Jack recites it for his class.
2. Why does Emily postpone her decision near the end of Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) Sarah tells her not to come.
(b) Jack asks her to stay.
(c) Emily's is not confident in her writing.
(d) Jack has an attack of self-doubt.
3. What is the relationship between Emily and Sarah?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are step-sisters.
(c) They are best friends.
(d) They are sisters.
4. What does a phone call Emily receives in Part 2: Chapter 3 prompt Emily to do?
(a) Visit her mother.
(b) Apologize to Sarah.
(c) Remember the entire evening she had forgotten.
(d) Quit her job.
5. How does Emily react to the news of Sarah's project?
(a) She is impressed.
(b) She is negative.
(c) She cries.
(d) She ignores Sarah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emily learn about Jack's past?
2. Why does Sarah begin going into the city once a week?
3. Why does Emily move with Jack?
4. What type of company does Emily work for?
5. Why is Emily worried at her father's funeral?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)