|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what season does Jack decide to take Emily on a trip?
(a) In winter.
(b) In summer.
(c) In spring.
(d) In fall.
2. Why does Emily take her first job after graduating from college?
(a) Emily believes it is a door into reporting.
(b) She is interested in sales.
(c) She believes it is a door into the world of magazine writing.
(d) She wants to report the news.
3. What type of company does Emily work for?
(a) A state newspaper.
(b) A makeup company.
(c) The locals news station.
(d) A food magazine.
4. Who is Harold Schneider?
(a) Emily's friend from next door.
(b) The newspaper delivery boy.
(c) Sarah's boyfriend.
(d) Pookie's boyfriend.
5. Which college does Emily receive a scholarship to?
(a) Sarah Lawrence College.
(b) Barnard College.
(c) Bard College.
(d) New York University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah's son, Peter, want to be when he grows up?
2. Why does the trip Jack takes Emily on turn sour?
3. Where is Sarah when she is injured when Pookie leaves her with a neighbor?
4. Why does Sarah abandon the book she was working on?
5. How does Emily get home from school?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)