|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Emily take her first job after graduating from college?
(a) She wants to report the news.
(b) She believes it is a door into the world of magazine writing.
(c) She is interested in sales.
(d) Emily believes it is a door into reporting.
2. What happens prior to Emily's decision to divorce her husband?
(a) Emily publishes a book.
(b) Emily visits Tony and Sarah.
(c) She visits her mother.
(d) Emily travels to Europe.
3. Who does Emily travel with at the end of Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) With Sarah.
(b) With Pookie.
(c) She travels alone.
(d) With Jack.
4. Who is the first character mentioned in The Easter Parade?
(c) Tony Wilson.
5. What does Emily learn about Jack's past?
(a) That he ran away from home at age 9.
(b) That he spent the last five years in jail.
(c) That he is a published poet.
(d) That he has been married before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a phone call Emily receives in Part 2: Chapter 3 prompt Emily to do?
2. What does Emily explain to the neighborhood children?
3. What do Emily and Jack begin to do soon after they meet?
4. Why does Pookie go to the hospital in Part 2: Chapter 3?
5. What does Sarah explain to Emily in Part 1:Chapter 2 when they are eating Popsicles?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)