|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Emily work in Part 2: Chapters 3-4?
(a) A law firm.
(b) A magazine
(c) An advertising agency.
(d) A public school.
2. What does Emily remain hopeful about, prompted by a overheard conversation between her parents?
(a) That her parents will buy her a bicycle.
(b) That she will get a vanilla cake for her birthday.
(c) That her parents will get back together.
(d) She is hopeful that she passes her English test.
3. What does a phone call Emily receives in Part 2: Chapter 3 prompt Emily to do?
(a) Quit her job.
(b) Remember the entire evening she had forgotten.
(c) Visit her mother.
(d) Apologize to Sarah.
4. What is Emily frightened of when Sarah tells her she is going to a game?
(a) She is frightened of being home alone.
(b) She is frightened getting into trouble.
(c) Emily is scared of her neighbor's dog.
(d) Emily is scared of the basement.
5. What is the relationship between Pookie and Sarah?
(a) Aunt and niece.
(b) Mother and daughter.
(c) Pookie and Sarah are neighbors.
(d) Teacher and student.
Short Answer Questions
1. At which school is Jack invited to teach at?
2. How does Emily react to the news of Sarah's project?
3. What does Emily explain to the neighborhood children?
4. Who becomes pregnant in Chapter 4?
5. In what season does Jack decide to take Emily on a trip?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)