|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eric doing in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Eric has gone to college.
(b) Eric has become a teacher.
(c) Eric has become a lawyer.
(d) Eric has become a mechanic.
2. Why does the relationship between Emily and the merchant seaman end?
(a) He wife returns.
(b) He is called to work.
(c) Emily is no longer interested in him.
(d) He decides he wants to explore homosexuality.
3. Who is the youngest of Sarah and Tony's children?
(c) Tony Jr.
4. What does Emily begin writing an article about at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) Her experiences in Europe.
(b) Her experiences in Iowa.
(c) Her experiences growing up in Tenafly, NY.
(d) Her experiences in Montana.
5. How many children does Sarah have?
(a) Two sons.
(b) Three sons.
(c) Three daughters.
(d) Four sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emily back away from Howard Dunninger?
2. What do Emily and Jack do under a tree in Part 2: Chapter 2?
3. What does Emily begin doing in the afternoons in Part 2: Chapter 2?
4. Why is Emily worried at her father's funeral?
5. Where does Jack decide to take Emily in Part 2: Chapter 2?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)