|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emily use as a conversation piece at the beginning of Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Her ex-husband.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Sarah's circumstances.
(d) Her job.
2. When Emily wakes at night in Part 2: Chapter 2, what does she find Jack doing?
(a) Walking through the house.
(d) Drinking alone.
3. Why does Emily move with Jack?
(a) Jack asks her to marry him.
(b) Emily moves because she wants to write a book.
(c) In hopes of enriching their relationship and getting married.
(d) She is offered a job.
4. Whom does the space that Pookie moves to belong to?
(a) Tony's sister.
(b) Tony's parents.
(c) Walter's mistress.
(d) Jack's parents.
5. Why does Emily not finish her article she is working on in Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) She wants to write a book instead.
(b) She is not confident in her writing.
(c) Her typewriter breaks.
(d) She loses interest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Emily get a letter from in Part 2: Chapter 2?
2. What does Howard Dunninger make clear to Emily?
3. Where does Howard Dunninger go on frequent business trips?
4. In what season does Jack decide to take Emily on a trip?
5. Who does Emily think Sarah resembles in Part 3: Chapter 1?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)