|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Emily and Howard visit Sarah?
(a) On their way to Florida.
(b) At the beginning of winter in 1970.
(c) Before they move to Iowa.
(d) At the end of a summer vacation in 1967.
2. What is Andrew embarrassed about in his relationship with Emily?
(a) He suffers from sexual dysfunction and cannot perform.
(b) Because he calls Emily by the wrong name.
(c) He trips and falls.
(d) He recites a joke poorly.
3. Where does Jack decide to take Emily in Part 2: Chapter 2?
(a) To Europe.
(b) To California.
(c) To New York.
(d) On a cruise.
4. Why does Emily move with Jack?
(a) Emily moves because she wants to write a book.
(b) Jack asks her to marry him.
(c) She is offered a job.
(d) In hopes of enriching their relationship and getting married.
5. Why is Sarah in the hospital in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) Because one of her son's injured himself.
(b) For a suspicious mole.
(c) To visit a friend.
(d) For acute alcoholism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the relationship between Emily and the merchant seaman end?
2. What is Emily fearful of in Part 3: Chapter1?
3. What does Emily use as a conversation piece at the beginning of Part 3: Chapter 1?
4. What is Emily's job in Part 3: Chapter 1?
5. Where does Howard Dunninger go on frequent business trips?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)