|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emily runs into a soldier looking for what?
(a) A jazz bar called Nick's.
(b) His father.
(c) The movie theater.
(d) A restaurant called Lola's.
2. Why does Sarah call Emily in Part 3: Chapter 1?
(a) To ask for a loan.
(b) To ask if she can move in with her.
(c) To ask advice about her children.
(d) To invite Emily for a visit.
3. Where does Emily go at the end of Part 2: Chapter 2?
(b) New York.
4. Why does Sarah abandon the book she was working on?
(a) Because Emily is not supportive.
(b) Because she would have to travel to Montana.
(c) Because her husband tells her it's a dumb idea.
(d) Because she is no longer interested in the subject.
5. Which of Emily's qualities is Andrew Crawford impressed by?
(a) Emily's humor and courage.
(b) Her loyalty and intelligence.
(c) Her courage and intelligence.
(d) Emily's loyalty and optimism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Andrew Crawford?
2. Why does Emily's refuse Sarah's question in Part 3: Chapter 1?
3. Where does Emily live before she goes to college?
4. Why does Emily seek a divorce from her husband after only a few months of marriage?
5. Why does Emily back away from Howard Dunninger?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)