Part 1: Chapters 1-2
• Emily must explain divorce to the neighborhood children in Tenafly, NY in the 1930s.
• Sarah is injured in an accident, leaving a scar over and across one eye.
• On Christmas, Emily overhears a conversation between her parents and becomes hopeful that they will get back together.
• Sarah gets a job and meets Tony Wilson.
• Sarah and Tony attend an Easter Parade.
Part 1: Chapters 3-4
• Sarah and Tony get married in 1941.
• Emily loses her virginity to a soldier in Central Park.
• Sarah and Emily's father dies.
• Emily begins college and Sarah has three sons.
• Emily meets Andrew Crawford and marries him.
• Andrew is abusive; the two divorce.
Part 2: Chapter 1
• Emily graduates college and becomes a writer for a food magazine.
• Emily meets Jack Flanders, her boss, who becomes her boyfriend.
• Jack, a poet, is invited to teach for two years at the Writers' Workshop at the...
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)