Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What introduces the idea of different classes being allowed to marry?
2. What is the controversial yet effective way that Postumius dies?
3. Why are slaves not considered part of the plebian class?
4. How is the civil strife in Rome managed?
5. What is Caeso Quinctius's opinion of the consuls?
Similar to other accounts of Roman history, prophecies and omens are discussed throughout the book.
1) Which cities or regions are considered to have the most knowledge about prophecies and why?
2) What effect do omens have on Rome in particular, and how do they respond to them?
3) What role do omens play in the political structure of the Republic of Rome?
Be sure to include several examples in your analysis.
The first three Kings of Rome had different approaches to ruling the city, and as a result, Rome itself experiences many changes in its early stages. Compare and contrast the way that Romulus, Pompilius, and Hostilius choose to rule, the motivations behind their actions, and the effects of them for Rome in general.
Describe the events leading up to Rome's decision to take the land away from two of their allies. How do both allies wage the war with each other, and what state are they in when they approach Rome for assistance? What is Rome's position supposed to be in resolving their conflict? How does a third party complicate things? What factors contribute to Rome's decision? How is it received by the people and why?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)