|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the government pay for the military?
2. Much later, what does Plato encourage the women of Athens to do?
3. How is Postumia described?
4. Which one of the following best describes the state of the Roman Republic during the time described in Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians?
5. What do the leaders have mixed feelings about, as a result of the slaves' revolt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the Laws of the Ten Tables are established?
2. What happens to the five classes set up by Servilius, and how are the patricians described?
3. What is unique about Lucius Tarquitius?
4. What innovation is described at the end of War & Politics pertaining to the military and how it is compensated?
5. What is the main problem the decemvirs are having and why?
6. What happens between two allies of Rome, and how does the city become involved?
7. Who do the plebians include, and how are they described?
8. What cause does Plato think women should eventually take up and why?
9. What are the Etruscans known for, and why is their advice sought?
10. What are the decemvirs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The first three Kings of Rome had different approaches to ruling the city, and as a result, Rome itself experiences many changes in its early stages. Compare and contrast the way that Romulus, Pompilius, and Hostilius choose to rule, the motivations behind their actions, and the effects of them for Rome in general.
Essay Topic 2
How and why do the slaves attempt to revolt against the government? Explain the methods they use and how the timing of their planned revolt is significant. Also, describe the way the government deals with the slaves and how the revolt is stopped.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast both classes, the patricians and the plebians. Include which people make up the two classes, who is excluded from them, and why. Also, analyze the role of each class specifically and if you think that both are needed to provide a balance to the Republic. Use the book as a reference to provide examples of people who represent each class in your explanations.
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)