Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What introduces the idea of different classes being allowed to marry?
2. What is the controversial yet effective way that Postumius dies?
3. Why are slaves not considered part of the plebian class?
4. How is the civil strife in Rome managed?
5. What is Caeso Quinctius's opinion of the consuls?
Essay Topic 1
Romulus is credited as the Founder of Rome and his life is a major part of the first section of the book.
1) Describe the two different theories of Romulus and Remus, and explain which one you think is the most likely.
2) Explain how Romulus becomes the first King of Rome, how he builds the city, and the significance in the way it is originally defended.
3) Describe how Romulus is remembered and why the Romans responded to his death that way.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the events leading up to Rome's decision to take the land away from two of their allies. How do both allies wage the war with each other, and what state are they in when they approach Rome for assistance? What is Rome's position supposed to be in resolving their conflict? How does a third party complicate things? What factors contribute to Rome's decision? How is it received by the people and why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the events surrounding Postumius's death. Which of Postumius's actions are the most offensive and why? Explain how he angers the other soldiers to the point where they take action. Also, include how he dies, the controversy around the trials of the soldiers, and whether or not you think it is a case of justice or murder.
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)