Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What introduces the idea of different classes being allowed to marry?
2. What is the controversial yet effective way that Postumius dies?
3. Why are slaves not considered part of the plebian class?
4. How is the civil strife in Rome managed?
5. What is Caeso Quinctius's opinion of the consuls?
Essay Topic 1
Explain Livy's theory on human nature. How does he present it, and what is the significance of the place in the book he chooses to introduce it? What is the relevance between the theory and The Early History of Rome? Also, describe examples of how human nature either changes or does not change, both in early Rome and throughout other time periods, and analyze whether or not you agree with Livy.
Essay Topic 2
The first three Kings of Rome had different approaches to ruling the city, and as a result, Rome itself experiences many changes in its early stages. Compare and contrast the way that Romulus, Pompilius, and Hostilius choose to rule, the motivations behind their actions, and the effects of them for Rome in general.
Essay Topic 3
Romulus is credited as the Founder of Rome and his life is a major part of the first section of the book.
1) Describe the two different theories of Romulus and Remus, and explain which one you think is the most likely.
2) Explain how Romulus becomes the first King of Rome, how he builds the city, and the significance in the way it is originally defended.
3) Describe how Romulus is remembered and why the Romans responded to his death that way.
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)