|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the innovation talked about at the end of War & Politics?
2. How have the allies been fighting their war until they seek a mediator for it?
3. How do the decemvirs respond to outside enemies?
4. How is Postumia described?
5. What is the state of politics in Chapter 3 of Rome and the Patricians?
Essay Topic 1
Livy is the author and historian that brings the earliest days of Rome to life for generations.
1) Describe Tivius Livy's life and why it is relevant to the way he approaches writing The Early History of Rome.
2) Explain what Livy's intentions are with the book as he states in the beginning of the first section.
3) Analyze the tone of the book and how it illustrates the consistency of Livy's intentions.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast both classes, the patricians and the plebians. Include which people make up the two classes, who is excluded from them, and why. Also, analyze the role of each class specifically and if you think that both are needed to provide a balance to the Republic. Use the book as a reference to provide examples of people who represent each class in your explanations.
Essay Topic 3
Rome is taken over by Gaul for a variety of reasons, and the Romans are forced to make an important decision.
1) Describe the state of Rome when Gaul attacks and how it contributes to the result of the attacks.
2) Explain who Camillus is and why he has an important part in the war as well as the decision to remain in Rome after it is over.
3) Discuss the events that take place after the war, including how the women are instrumental in giving Rome a second chance, the way they are rewarded for it, and the magnitude of the decision that the Romans are left with.
4) Explain the omen that occurs and how it causes the people to stay in Rome. Also, describe the way the city is rebuilt and what the possible future for the Republic of Rome is.
This section contains 1,624 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)