Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What introduces the idea of different classes being allowed to marry?
2. What is the controversial yet effective way that Postumius dies?
3. Why are slaves not considered part of the plebian class?
4. How is the civil strife in Rome managed?
5. What is Caeso Quinctius's opinion of the consuls?
Describe the changes that the Republic goes through during The Early History of Rome, from the Kings to the three part political system that it eventually adopts. Include the major differences between each system, which people objected to them, and how. Also, explain the roles of each part of the government (consuls, senate, tribunes) and how those roles either changed or remained the same over time.
Describe the original way that leaders handled the responsibility of leading their troops into battle. Then, compare that traditional approach with the gradual change throughout the course of Rome's early history, including what events influence the change, how it affects the safety of Rome, and the attempts made to correct it along with their results.
Romulus is credited as the Founder of Rome and his life is a major part of the first section of the book.
1) Describe the two different theories of Romulus and Remus, and explain which one you think is the most likely.
2) Explain how Romulus becomes the first King of Rome, how he builds the city, and the significance in the way it is originally defended.
3) Describe how Romulus is remembered and why the Romans responded to his death that way.
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)