Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What introduces the idea of different classes being allowed to marry?
2. What is the controversial yet effective way that Postumius dies?
3. Why are slaves not considered part of the plebian class?
4. How is the civil strife in Rome managed?
5. What is Caeso Quinctius's opinion of the consuls?
Explain the issue of marriage between different classes and the effect it has on Rome.
1) How does the idea of marrying among different classes first become an issue?
2) What are the main arguments used by the supporters of intermarriage?
3) What are the main concerns and objections of those who oppose intermarriage?
4) Which side of the issue is the most convincing and why?
Livy is the author and historian that brings the earliest days of Rome to life for generations.
1) Describe Tivius Livy's life and why it is relevant to the way he approaches writing The Early History of Rome.
2) Explain what Livy's intentions are with the book as he states in the beginning of the first section.
3) Analyze the tone of the book and how it illustrates the consistency of Livy's intentions.
The first three Kings of Rome had different approaches to ruling the city, and as a result, Rome itself experiences many changes in its early stages. Compare and contrast the way that Romulus, Pompilius, and Hostilius choose to rule, the motivations behind their actions, and the effects of them for Rome in general.
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)