|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Postumius have trouble cooperating with in the military?
2. Where is the civil strife in Rome resolved?
3. How are the Volscians described in the second part of War & Politics?
4. What is unique about Lucius Tarquitius?
5. According to Claudius, what is the real trouble in Rome?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast both classes, the patricians and the plebians. Include which people make up the two classes, who is excluded from them, and why. Also, analyze the role of each class specifically and if you think that both are needed to provide a balance to the Republic. Use the book as a reference to provide examples of people who represent each class in your explanations.
Essay Topic 2
Romulus is credited as the Founder of Rome and his life is a major part of the first section of the book.
1) Describe the two different theories of Romulus and Remus, and explain which one you think is the most likely.
2) Explain how Romulus becomes the first King of Rome, how he builds the city, and the significance in the way it is originally defended.
3) Describe how Romulus is remembered and why the Romans responded to his death that way.
Essay Topic 3
The Laws of the Ten Tables are introduced to the people of Rome in a historical way.
1) Describe the Laws of the Ten Tables in detail and how they are approved.
2) Explain the historical significance of the concept behind having a set of laws to follow, including other examples of how the idea is used.
3) Analyze the results of the Laws and the overall effect they have on Rome.
This section contains 1,624 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)