Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What introduces the idea of different classes being allowed to marry?
2. What is the controversial yet effective way that Postumius dies?
3. Why are slaves not considered part of the plebian class?
4. How is the civil strife in Rome managed?
5. What is Caeso Quinctius's opinion of the consuls?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the events surrounding Postumius's death. Which of Postumius's actions are the most offensive and why? Explain how he angers the other soldiers to the point where they take action. Also, include how he dies, the controversy around the trials of the soldiers, and whether or not you think it is a case of justice or murder.
Essay Topic 2
Romulus is credited as the Founder of Rome and his life is a major part of the first section of the book.
1) Describe the two different theories of Romulus and Remus, and explain which one you think is the most likely.
2) Explain how Romulus becomes the first King of Rome, how he builds the city, and the significance in the way it is originally defended.
3) Describe how Romulus is remembered and why the Romans responded to his death that way.
Essay Topic 3
Chronicle the war between the creditors and the debtors, including the following:
1) How the dispute begins, what brings it to the forefront of Roman politics, and the way it intensifies.
2) What steps the senators take to initially deal with the problems and how the people respond to their actions.
3) The ways that creditors exploit the debtors and the proposal the government makes to the debtors as well as the reasons behind it.
4) The war with the Volscians and its impact on the war between the creditors and the debtors.
5) Why and how the debtors eventually take matters into their own hands and whether or not you agree with their actions.
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)