|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long were the Volscians an enemy of Rome?
2. How many Tables are there in the Laws that the Romans propose?
3. Once established, which part of the government has the most ties to the plebian class?
4. How does the government pay for the military?
5. How many simultaneous campaigns do the Romans attempt to have enough troops to serve in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the original way that leaders handled the responsibility of leading their troops into battle. Then, compare that traditional approach with the gradual change throughout the course of Rome's early history, including what events influence the change, how it affects the safety of Rome, and the attempts made to correct it along with their results.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the events leading up to Rome's decision to take the land away from two of their allies. How do both allies wage the war with each other, and what state are they in when they approach Rome for assistance? What is Rome's position supposed to be in resolving their conflict? How does a third party complicate things? What factors contribute to Rome's decision? How is it received by the people and why?
Essay Topic 3
Servius' time as King is eventful in many ways, including how his reign ends.
1) Chronicle the policies that Servius is responsible for and their effect on Rome.
2) Describe in detail the plan to take the throne from Servius by his relatives.
3) Explain how Tarquin rules over Rome, providing examples from the book of his actions.
4) Describe Sextus's role in Gabii and how his actions ignite the effort to remove Tarquin and eliminate the idea of a monarchy.
This section contains 1,586 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)