|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the decemvirs mainly unable to manage?
(a) The financial state of Rome.
(b) The senators of Rome.
(c) The will of the Roman people.
(d) The military of Rome.
2. What is considered a shortcoming that the advocates of intermarriage want to overcome?
3. What year does the section War & Politics begin?
(a) 345 BC.
(b) 544 BC.
(c) 445 BC.
(d) 234 BC.
4. What role do the decemvirs have in the Republic at the start of the fourth book?
(a) They have been demoted.
(b) They have been forced to serve in the military.
(c) They have been reduced to working men.
(d) They have been removed.
5. How is Rome's decision at the end of Rome and the Patricians received?
(a) It is met with confusion.
(b) It is met with cynicism.
(c) It is met with anger.
(d) It is met with support.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for the dispute of Rome's allies?
2. What season do the Romans choose to launch a siege against Veii?
3. How do the decemvirs respond to outside enemies?
4. What decision does Rome make at the end of Rome and the Patricians?
5. What is unique about Lucius Tarquitius?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Veii now considered to the Romans, and how does Rome plan on dealing with the situation?
2. What do the Volscians surprisingly do that redefines their relationship with Rome?
3. Why does the city of Ardea respond positively to Rome's new outlook?
4. Who do the plebians include, and how are they described?
5. What are both sides of the intermarriage debate Rome faces?
6. How long does the pestilence and illness last, and what effect does it have on Rome?
7. What happens after the Laws of the Ten Tables are established?
8. What threat do the decemvirs face, and how do they initially attempt to deal with it?
9. What are the decemvirs?
10. How do the slaves revolt, what is the senate's response, and how is the problem resolved?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)