|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the tribunes given their office?
(a) They are appointed by the dictator.
(b) They are elected by the people.
(c) They are appointed by the consuls.
(d) They are appointed by the senate.
2. How do the senators feel about the practices of the decemvirs?
(a) They ignore them.
(b) They oppose them.
(c) They do not understand them.
(d) They support them.
3. What is considered a shortcoming that the advocates of intermarriage want to overcome?
4. How many meetings with the senators do the decemvirs request?
5. How many classes were originally listed by Servilius?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the defeat of Rome mentioned in Part 1of Rome's Capture take place?
2. How long were the Volscians an enemy of Rome?
3. What kind of power are the Etruscans known for?
4. What is used to support the advocates of intermarriage?
5. What does Rome's decision in Chapter 3 of Rome and the Patricians illustrate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Postumius do to cause his soldiers to turn against him, and what is the controversy surrounding his death?
2. What innovation is described at the end of War & Politics pertaining to the military and how it is compensated?
3. What is unique about Lucius Tarquitius?
4. What are the Laws of the Ten Tables?
5. How do the slaves revolt, what is the senate's response, and how is the problem resolved?
6. Who is Appius Claudius, and what does he point out about the state of Rome?
7. Who is Postumia and why do people object to her?
8. What is Veii now considered to the Romans, and how does Rome plan on dealing with the situation?
9. What threat do the decemvirs face, and how do they initially attempt to deal with it?
10. What happens after the Laws of the Ten Tables are established?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)