|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Tables are there in the Laws that the Romans propose?
2. How many simultaneous campaigns do the Romans attempt to have enough troops to serve in?
3. How many meetings with the senators do the decemvirs request?
4. What is the state of politics in Chapter 3 of Rome and the Patricians?
5. What do the leaders have mixed feelings about, as a result of the slaves' revolt?
(a) Arming the people.
(b) Imposing a curfew.
(c) Eliminating the curfew.
(d) Disarming the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the Volscians described in the second part of War & Politics?
2. What causes the Roman military to face the possibility of defeat?
3. What do the opponents of intermarriage fear?
4. How is the nature of the decemvirs' politics described?
5. Why are women and children not considered part of the plebian class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the Etruscans known for, and why is their advice sought?
2. What is unique about Lucius Tarquitius?
3. How is the political structure of the Republic described at the end of the first part of War & Politics?
4. What happens after the Laws of the Ten Tables are established?
5. What cause does Plato think women should eventually take up and why?
6. How do the slaves revolt, what is the senate's response, and how is the problem resolved?
7. Who is Quinctius, and what debate is he positioned in the middle of?
8. What are the Laws of the Ten Tables?
9. Who is Appius Claudius, and what does he point out about the state of Rome?
10. Who is Postumia and why do people object to her?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)