|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once established, which part of the government has the most ties to the plebian class?
(a) The consuls.
(b) The senate.
(c) The tribune.
(d) The dictatorship.
2. Who does Postumius have trouble cooperating with in the military?
(a) Those of equal rank.
(b) The consuls.
(c) Those of superior rank.
(d) Those of inferior rank.
3. What is unique about Lucius Tarquitius?
(a) He does not live in Rome.
(b) He is a soldier for three separate armies.
(c) He does not own a horse.
(d) He works among the common people and in the government.
4. What season do the Romans choose to launch a siege against Veii?
5. What threat does the revolt of the slaves cause Rome to face?
(a) The overthrow of the government.
(b) Over population.
(c) A civil war.
(d) The institution of martial law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What introduces the idea of different classes being allowed to marry?
2. What is used to support the advocates of intermarriage?
3. What is the state of the allies when they approach Rome for mediation?
4. What is the state of politics in Chapter 3 of Rome and the Patricians?
5. How are the Volscians described in the second part of War & Politics?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the slaves revolt, what is the senate's response, and how is the problem resolved?
2. What cause does Plato think women should eventually take up and why?
3. What does Postumius do to cause his soldiers to turn against him, and what is the controversy surrounding his death?
4. What are both sides of the intermarriage debate Rome faces?
5. What is the goal of the Roman military as they begin the war with Veii, and how do they attempt to meet it?
6. How is the political structure of the Republic described at the end of the first part of War & Politics?
7. What happens after the Laws of the Ten Tables are established?
8. What are the Etruscans known for, and why is their advice sought?
9. What do the senators do when the decemvirs take over?
10. Who is Postumia and why do people object to her?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)