|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men with axes govern over the people of Rome as Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians ends?
(b) Twenty five.
2. What role do the decemvirs have in the Republic at the start of the fourth book?
(a) They have been reduced to working men.
(b) They have been demoted.
(c) They have been forced to serve in the military.
(d) They have been removed.
3. How is the civil strife in Rome managed?
(a) A military leader raises troops that side with the slaves.
(b) A military leader raises troops that side with the senate.
(c) A military leader raises troops that side with the consul.
(d) A military leader raises troops that side with the tribune.
4. Why are women and children not considered part of the plebian class?
(a) They cannot vote.
(b) They cannot join the military.
(c) They do not have enough money.
(d) They are not politicians.
5. How do the decemvirs respond to outside enemies?
(a) They are shaken.
(b) They are emboldened.
(c) They are optimistic.
(d) They are angered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about Lucius Tarquitius?
2. What is the state of the Roman Republic at the end of the second part of Rome and the Patricians?
3. What is the real problem the decemvirs have?
4. What does Claudius encourage Rome to consider in a lengthy speech?
5. What do the opponents of intermarriage fear?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)