|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Rome make at the end of Rome and the Patricians?
(a) They declare the land public property of Rome.
(b) They declare the land private property of Rome.
(c) They attack half of the allies.
(d) They attack all of the allies.
2. Why are women and children not considered part of the plebian class?
(a) They do not have enough money.
(b) They cannot join the military.
(c) They are not politicians.
(d) They cannot vote.
3. How does the government pay for the military?
(a) It taxes the government officials.
(b) It taxes the people.
(c) It requests donations from other regions.
(d) It requests donations from the people.
4. What is the state of the Roman Republic at the end of the second part of Rome and the Patricians?
(a) The consuls are eliminated.
(b) The senate is eliminated.
(c) The tribunes are eliminated.
(d) The military is eliminated.
5. Much later, what does Plato encourage the women of Athens to do?
(a) Begin moving away from the city.
(b) Run for public office.
(c) Begin outnumbering the men.
(d) Create a militia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the civil strife in Rome managed?
2. What is the conspiracy that is mentioned at the end of the first section in War & Politics?
3. What is Appius Claudius' position?
4. What are the people chastised for after the rule of the decemvirs ends?
5. How do the common people view Caeso Quinctius?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Postumia and why do people object to her?
2. What are the decemvirs?
3. How do the slaves revolt, what is the senate's response, and how is the problem resolved?
4. Who do the plebians include, and how are they described?
5. What are the Laws of the Ten Tables?
6. What threat do the decemvirs face, and how do they initially attempt to deal with it?
7. What innovation is described at the end of War & Politics pertaining to the military and how it is compensated?
8. What do the senators do when the decemvirs take over?
9. How is the political structure of the Republic described at the end of the first part of War & Politics?
10. What cause does Plato think women should eventually take up and why?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)