|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the people of Ardea affected by Rome's new outlook?
(a) They are satisfied.
(b) They are unsatisfied.
(c) They are ambivalent.
(d) They are skeptical.
2. How do the decemvirs respond to outside enemies?
(a) They are optimistic.
(b) They are shaken.
(c) They are angered.
(d) They are emboldened.
3. What is the conspiracy that is mentioned at the end of the first section in War & Politics?
(a) A plot to overthrow the government.
(b) A plot to restore the monarchy.
(c) A violent protest by the advocates of intermarriage.
(d) Another revolt by the slaves.
4. How many men with axes govern over the people of Rome as Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians ends?
(d) Twenty five.
5. What part of the government featured a strong military contingent?
(a) The senate.
(b) The plebians.
(c) The tribunes.
(d) The consuls.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Claudius, what is the real trouble in Rome?
2. How do the women in Rome factor into the wars during Rome and the Patricians?
3. What do the allies hope Rome will provide for them in their dispute?
4. How many classes were originally listed by Servilius?
5. How are the Volscians described in the second part of War & Politics?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unique about Lucius Tarquitius?
2. What is the main problem the decemvirs are having and why?
3. What happens to the five classes set up by Servilius, and how are the patricians described?
4. What do the senators do when the decemvirs take over?
5. What do the Volscians surprisingly do that redefines their relationship with Rome?
6. What are the Laws of the Ten Tables?
7. What threat do the decemvirs face, and how do they initially attempt to deal with it?
8. What does Postumius do to cause his soldiers to turn against him, and what is the controversy surrounding his death?
9. What are the Etruscans known for, and why is their advice sought?
10. Who is Quinctius, and what debate is he positioned in the middle of?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)