|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the allies hope Rome will provide for them in their dispute?
(a) A different solution.
(b) A different place to battle over.
(c) A different city to conquer.
(d) A different problem.
2. What season do the Romans choose to launch a siege against Veii?
3. How are the people of Ardea affected by Rome's new outlook?
(a) They are ambivalent.
(b) They are unsatisfied.
(c) They are satisfied.
(d) They are skeptical.
4. What do the leaders have mixed feelings about, as a result of the slaves' revolt?
(a) Arming the people.
(b) Imposing a curfew.
(c) Eliminating the curfew.
(d) Disarming the people.
5. What is the real problem the decemvirs have?
(a) They are overprepared for the power they have.
(b) They underestimate the power of the Roman military.
(c) They underestimate the power of the Roman people.
(d) They are not prepared for the power they have.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Etruscans advanced in?
2. What does Rome's decision in Chapter 3 of Rome and the Patricians illustrate?
3. What is Caeso Quinctius's opinion of the consuls?
4. What is the reason for the dispute of Rome's allies?
5. What is the general tone of the author's style?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the decemvirs?
2. What is unique about Lucius Tarquitius?
3. What happens to the five classes set up by Servilius, and how are the patricians described?
4. Who do the plebians include, and how are they described?
5. Why does the city of Ardea respond positively to Rome's new outlook?
6. How long does the pestilence and illness last, and what effect does it have on Rome?
7. Who is Postumia and why do people object to her?
8. What happens between two allies of Rome, and how does the city become involved?
9. What do the senators do when the decemvirs take over?
10. What are both sides of the intermarriage debate Rome faces?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)