|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many meetings with the senators do the decemvirs request?
2. What causes the Volscians to aid a Roman party?
(a) A military dispute.
(b) A financial dispute.
(c) A political dispute.
(d) A matrimonial dispute.
3. According to Claudius, what is the real trouble in Rome?
(a) The people's tendency to expand the separation between classes.
(b) The tribune's tendency to expand the separation between classes.
(c) The consuls' tendency to expand the separation between classes.
(d) The senate's tendency to expand the separation between classes.
4. What are the people chastised for after the rule of the decemvirs ends?
(a) Contributing to Rome's political problems.
(b) Contributing to Rome's economic problems.
(c) Following the decemvirs.
(d) Supporting the decemvirs.
5. What role do the decemvirs have in the Republic at the start of the fourth book?
(a) They have been reduced to working men.
(b) They have been forced to serve in the military.
(c) They have been demoted.
(d) They have been removed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Postumia described?
2. How are the tribunes given their office?
3. What kind of power are the Etruscans known for?
4. What does Rome's decision in Chapter 3 of Rome and the Patricians illustrate?
5. What are the Etruscans advanced in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the Etruscans known for, and why is their advice sought?
2. What is unique about Lucius Tarquitius?
3. Who is Appius Claudius, and what does he point out about the state of Rome?
4. How do the slaves revolt, what is the senate's response, and how is the problem resolved?
5. What are both sides of the intermarriage debate Rome faces?
6. Who do the plebians include, and how are they described?
7. Who is Postumia and why do people object to her?
8. What is the main problem the decemvirs are having and why?
9. What happens to the five classes set up by Servilius, and how are the patricians described?
10. What is the "solution" that Rome gives its allies, and how is the decision perceived by the people?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)