|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following best describes the state of the Roman Republic during the time described in Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians?
(a) The people rule over the government.
(b) The government rules over the people.
(c) The people have been implemented into the government.
(d) The government has been abolished.
2. During the time of Rome and the Patricians, how is the military generally used?
(a) To control the city's people.
(b) In response to threats.
(c) In response to attacks.
(d) To control the government.
3. How are the people of Ardea affected by Rome's new outlook?
(a) They are ambivalent.
(b) They are skeptical.
(c) They are satisfied.
(d) They are unsatisfied.
4. What is the state of politics in Chapter 3 of Rome and the Patricians?
5. What is the controversial yet effective way that Postumius dies?
(a) He is stoned to death by the people.
(b) He is stoned to death by his soldiers.
(c) He is dragged through the streets by his soldiers.
(d) He is dragged through the streets by the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years after the Estrucans and the Sabines fought Rome do the Volscians and the Aequins also position themselves against the city?
2. What role do the decemvirs have in the Republic at the start of the fourth book?
3. Where is the civil strife in Rome resolved?
4. What is the role of the tribunes?
5. How do the decemvirs respond to outside enemies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the city of Ardea respond positively to Rome's new outlook?
2. What is the main problem the decemvirs are having and why?
3. What are both sides of the intermarriage debate Rome faces?
4. What do the Volscians surprisingly do that redefines their relationship with Rome?
5. How long does the pestilence and illness last, and what effect does it have on Rome?
6. Who is Appius Claudius, and what does he point out about the state of Rome?
7. What are the Etruscans known for, and why is their advice sought?
8. Who is Quinctius, and what debate is he positioned in the middle of?
9. What is unique about Lucius Tarquitius?
10. What does Postumius do to cause his soldiers to turn against him, and what is the controversy surrounding his death?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)