|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is considered a shortcoming that the advocates of intermarriage want to overcome?
2. What part of the planet uses laws similar to that of the Romans, based on Judaic philosophy?
3. How do the slaves revolt in Rome?
(a) They are assisted by the people.
(b) They are assisted by the military.
(c) They are assisited by other forces.
(d) They are working alone.
4. What is the general tone of the author's style?
(a) Theoretical and entertaining.
(c) Factual and accessible.
5. What do the opponents of intermarriage fear?
(a) Further attempts to change the definition of marriage even more.
(b) The government's loss of control.
(c) The decline of the Roman culture.
(d) The unintended economic consequences.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men with axes govern over the people of Rome as Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians ends?
2. Why are women and children not considered part of the plebian class?
3. What is Caeso Quinctius's opinion of the consuls?
4. How have the allies been fighting their war until they seek a mediator for it?
5. How are the Volscians described in the second part of War & Politics?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the city of Ardea respond positively to Rome's new outlook?
2. What innovation is described at the end of War & Politics pertaining to the military and how it is compensated?
3. How is the political structure of the Republic described at the end of the first part of War & Politics?
4. What happens after the Laws of the Ten Tables are established?
5. What is the main problem the decemvirs are having and why?
6. What is Veii now considered to the Romans, and how does Rome plan on dealing with the situation?
7. Who is Postumia and why do people object to her?
8. What are the Laws of the Ten Tables?
9. Who is Quinctius, and what debate is he positioned in the middle of?
10. What happens between two allies of Rome, and how does the city become involved?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)