|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the nature of the decemvirs' politics described?
(a) Illegal and ineffective.
(b) Legal, but unethical.
(c) Legal, but ineffective.
(d) Illegal, but effective.
2. What are the people chastised for after the rule of the decemvirs ends?
(a) Following the decemvirs.
(b) Contributing to Rome's economic problems.
(c) Supporting the decemvirs.
(d) Contributing to Rome's political problems.
3. What are the decemvirs mainly unable to manage?
(a) The financial state of Rome.
(b) The military of Rome.
(c) The senators of Rome.
(d) The will of the Roman people.
4. How many simultaneous campaigns do the Romans attempt to have enough troops to serve in?
5. What do the allies hope Rome will provide for them in their dispute?
(a) A different place to battle over.
(b) A different solution.
(c) A different city to conquer.
(d) A different problem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about Lucius Tarquitius?
2. Much later, what does Plato encourage the women of Athens to do?
3. How is Rome's decision at the end of Rome and the Patricians received?
4. How are the tribunes given their office?
5. What is the crisis that the decemvirs face?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the Etruscans known for, and why is their advice sought?
2. How is the political structure of the Republic described at the end of the first part of War & Politics?
3. What are the decemvirs?
4. What is the main problem the decemvirs are having and why?
5. What happens between two allies of Rome, and how does the city become involved?
6. What innovation is described at the end of War & Politics pertaining to the military and how it is compensated?
7. What is the "solution" that Rome gives its allies, and how is the decision perceived by the people?
8. How long does the pestilence and illness last, and what effect does it have on Rome?
9. Who is Quinctius, and what debate is he positioned in the middle of?
10. What threat do the decemvirs face, and how do they initially attempt to deal with it?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)