|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of power are the Etruscans known for?
(a) Political, but not cultural.
(b) Political and cultural.
(c) The Etruscans were not known for having any power.
(d) Cultural, but not political.
2. What is the conspiracy that is mentioned at the end of the first section in War & Politics?
(a) A plot to overthrow the government.
(b) A violent protest by the advocates of intermarriage.
(c) Another revolt by the slaves.
(d) A plot to restore the monarchy.
3. What do the leaders have mixed feelings about, as a result of the slaves' revolt?
(a) Disarming the people.
(b) Imposing a curfew.
(c) Arming the people.
(d) Eliminating the curfew.
4. What are the Etruscans advanced in?
5. What is it about Postumia that offends some people?
(a) Her family's reputation.
(b) The way she adorns herself.
(c) The way she isolates herself.
(d) Her questionable wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the people of Ardea affected by Rome's new outlook?
2. Much later, what does Plato encourage the women of Athens to do?
3. What has Veii's internal politics caused them to appoint?
4. What is unique about Lucius Tarquitius?
5. How have the allies been fighting their war until they seek a mediator for it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main problem the decemvirs are having and why?
2. What does Postumius do to cause his soldiers to turn against him, and what is the controversy surrounding his death?
3. What happens after the Laws of the Ten Tables are established?
4. Who is Appius Claudius, and what does he point out about the state of Rome?
5. What happens to the five classes set up by Servilius, and how are the patricians described?
6. What do the Volscians surprisingly do that redefines their relationship with Rome?
7. Why does the city of Ardea respond positively to Rome's new outlook?
8. What is the goal of the Roman military as they begin the war with Veii, and how do they attempt to meet it?
9. What are the decemvirs?
10. What happens between two allies of Rome, and how does the city become involved?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)