|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following best describes the state of the Roman Republic during the time described in Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians?
(a) The government has been abolished.
(b) The government rules over the people.
(c) The people rule over the government.
(d) The people have been implemented into the government.
2. What is the general tone of the author's style?
(b) Factual and accessible.
(d) Theoretical and entertaining.
3. What is the role of the tribunes?
(a) They are for the senate.
(b) They are against the senate.
(c) They are against the consul.
(d) They are against the common people.
4. What is the reason for the dispute of Rome's allies?
(a) It is a dispute over territory.
(b) It is a revolt against the governments of the allies.
(c) It is a civil war.
(d) It is a political dispute.
5. How many men with axes govern over the people of Rome as Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians ends?
(d) Twenty five.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Caeso Quinctius's opinion of the consuls?
2. What is the conspiracy that is mentioned at the end of the first section in War & Politics?
3. How is the nature of the decemvirs' politics described?
4. What introduces the idea of different classes being allowed to marry?
5. What is considered a shortcoming that the advocates of intermarriage want to overcome?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the goal of the Roman military as they begin the war with Veii, and how do they attempt to meet it?
2. Who is Appius Claudius, and what does he point out about the state of Rome?
3. What do the senators do when the decemvirs take over?
4. Why does the city of Ardea respond positively to Rome's new outlook?
5. What happens to the five classes set up by Servilius, and how are the patricians described?
6. Who is Postumia and why do people object to her?
7. What happens after the Laws of the Ten Tables are established?
8. What is the main problem the decemvirs are having and why?
9. How is the political structure of the Republic described at the end of the first part of War & Politics?
10. Who do the plebians include, and how are they described?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)