|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the civil strife in Rome managed?
(a) A military leader raises troops that side with the slaves.
(b) A military leader raises troops that side with the tribune.
(c) A military leader raises troops that side with the consul.
(d) A military leader raises troops that side with the senate.
2. What role do the decemvirs have in the Republic at the start of the fourth book?
(a) They have been forced to serve in the military.
(b) They have been demoted.
(c) They have been removed.
(d) They have been reduced to working men.
3. Why are slaves not considered part of the plebian class?
(a) They cannot vote.
(b) They cannot join the military.
(c) They are not polticians.
(d) They do not have enough money.
4. Where do the senators go as the decemvirs take control of Rome?
(a) To work among the people.
(b) To other cities.
(c) To their country estates.
(d) To fight with the military.
5. Which one of the following best describes the state of the Roman Republic during the time described in Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians?
(a) The government rules over the people.
(b) The people rule over the government.
(c) The government has been abolished.
(d) The people have been implemented into the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do the Romans evacuate the city because of the pestilence and illness?
2. How is the nature of the decemvirs' politics described?
3. How do the senators feel about the practices of the decemvirs?
4. How many men with axes govern over the people of Rome as Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians ends?
5. What is the controversial yet effective way that Postumius dies?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)