|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Livy, how much of a difference was there between the rich and the poor early in Rome's history?
(a) Rome had no wealthy people in its beginnings.
(b) No difference.
(c) Not very much difference.
(d) A huge difference.
2. How do the senators show their fear for the people's increasing awareness of the debt crisis?
(a) They attempt to talk with the people more directly.
(b) They attempt to create new laws for time payments.
(c) They resign.
(d) They stay away.
3. How does the town of Pometia almost defeat the Romans?
(a) They surprise the Romans with an army of well trained soldiers.
(b) They outnumber the Romans by a two to one margin.
(c) They obtain more advanced weaponry than the Romans.
(d) They attack the Romans using domestic devices.
4. How do the Romans use war in the second part of The Republic?
(a) Only preservation.
(b) Preservation, resources, and expansion.
(c) Only preservation and resources.
(d) Only preservation and expansion.
5. What is Brutus known as in the beginning of the second book?
(a) Brutus the Conqueror.
(b) Brutus the Betrayer.
(c) Brutus the Liberator.
(d) Brutus the Destroyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Romulus become known as?
2. What situation is the most common setting for a Dictator to be named of Rome?
3. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
4. What is the slave given for his role in preventing the conspiracy?
5. Who does Quinctius lead the military against?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the war with the Aequians, and how do the Romans respond?
2. How is a slave given citizenship, according to the story told in Rome as a Republic?
3. What is interesting about the Roman religion and where was it adopted from?
4. What two noteworthy things does Servius do while he serves as the King of Rome?
5. How long does Romulus rule, and what type of leadership does Pompilius provide?
6. How does Tarquin attempt to regain power, and what prevents him from succeeding?
7. What is the new group of pacifists called, and where do they settle?
8. What is the government's proposal to the debtors, and why does it work only one time?
9. How does Tarquin gain power, and who is recognized in removing it from him?
10. How does the political system of the oligarchs differ from the original ruling style of the Kings?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)