|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
(a) The Ligurians.
(b) The Umbrians.
(c) The Etruscans.
(d) The Venetians.
2. What does the group, the Aurunci, consist of?
(a) More than one town.
(b) Just one town.
(c) More than one country.
(d) Just one country.
3. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
4. How long does Pompilius rule over Rome?
(a) Fifty-three years.
(b) Twenty-three years.
(c) Thirty-three years.
(d) Forty-three years.
5. In the Romans' victory over the Albans, how many total combatant deaths are there?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Quinctius lead the military against?
2. What does Romulus become known as?
3. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
4. How many years is Rome a Republic before other well known governments are established, such as Athens and Sparta?
5. How do the senators show their fear for the people's increasing awareness of the debt crisis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two noteworthy things does Servius do while he serves as the King of Rome?
2. What is the new group of pacifists called, and where do they settle?
3. How are the debtors made to pay for their debt, and what do the creditors do to take advantage of them?
4. What is Livy's theory of human nature, and how does it relate to Rome?
5. What is interesting about the Roman religion and where was it adopted from?
6. How do the senators initially respond to the ensuing credit war, and why does this strategy backfire on them?
7. How is Hostilius different than Romulus and Pompilius?
8. What happens to Cloelia and why is her story inspirational to the Romans?
9. How does Tarquin gain power, and who is recognized in removing it from him?
10. How does the political system of the oligarchs differ from the original ruling style of the Kings?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)