|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Latin city does Rome conquer in order to further increase its population?
2. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
3. What is Circus Maximus?
(a) A large public stadium.
(b) A large private stadium.
(c) A large, circular shaped senate building.
(d) A large, circular shaped courthouse.
4. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
5. What does the great Roman warrior, Valerius, do once he enters politics?
(a) He prosecutes all creditors for unlawful practices.
(b) He removes all existing debts from the people.
(c) He gives more power to the Romans.
(d) He gives more power to the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Romans' victory over the Albans, how many total combatant deaths are there?
2. How is the problem of debt described?
3. Why are most of the politicians in Rome oligarchs?
4. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
5. Where does Romulus gather people from to help start Rome's population?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role do the women have in the beginning of Rome?
2. How does the town of Pometia surprisingly stand up to Rome, and what is the end result?
3. What is Livy's theory of human nature, and how does it relate to Rome?
4. How are the debtors made to pay for their debt, and what do the creditors do to take advantage of them?
5. What is interesting about the Roman religion and where was it adopted from?
6. How do the Romans and the Albans agree to settle their war and what is the result?
7. How does Rome respond to outside regions in the beginning of its existence?
8. What happens after the war with the Aequians, and how do the Romans respond?
9. How is Romulus regarded as a leader, and what things does he have to do in order to build Rome?
10. What problems does King Ancus face, and how does he deal with them?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)