|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the women asked to disregard pertaining to the men they found themselves with at the start of Rome?
(a) Their fondness.
(b) Their hatred.
(c) Their attachment.
(d) Their resentment.
2. What is the population of Rome estimated to be during first part of The Patricians at Bay?
(a) 49, 714.
(b) 140, 714.
(c) 94, 714.
(d) 104, 714.
3. Which relative of Hostilius set the precedent for the meaning of the word "hostile?"
(a) His uncle.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
4. How many introductory pieces are there that precede the main text of the book?
5. How long did Romulus rule for?
(a) Thirty-seven years.
(b) Twenty-seven years.
(c) Seventeen years.
(d) Forty-seven years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many tribes does Rome have at this point in their history in the second part of The Republic?
2. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
3. What do some of the creditors do to make the situation worse?
4. According to Livy, what is the one thing that is needed for all politicians to be elected into office?
5. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two noteworthy things does Servius do while he serves as the King of Rome?
2. What role do the women have in the beginning of Rome?
3. Who is Valerius, and what does he do for the Roman people?
4. What is interesting about the Roman religion and where was it adopted from?
5. How does the town of Pometia surprisingly stand up to Rome, and what is the end result?
6. How do the debtors and the citizens of Rome take the law into their own hands after the government proves to be no help with the credit problems?
7. What happens to Cloelia and why is her story inspirational to the Romans?
8. How does the political system of the oligarchs differ from the original ruling style of the Kings?
9. What problems does King Ancus face, and how does he deal with them?
10. How do the Romans and the Albans agree to settle their war and what is the result?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)