|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
2. How attentive to the people's needs are the oligarchic rulers?
(a) They are always attentive to them by choice.
(b) They are rarely attentive to them by choice.
(c) It is impossible for them to be attentive to them.
(d) It depends on the cirumstances.
3. How many debtors agree to sign up for the military the second time that the government asks them to?
(a) A quarter of them.
(c) Half of them.
(d) All of them.
4. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
5. How do the political leaders of Rome gain the support of the people early on?
(a) By avoiding the wars they wage.
(b) By successfully predicting the outcome of the wars they wage.
(c) By serving in the military along with the soldiers.
(d) By following the advice of established military leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the great Roman warrior, Valerius, do once he enters politics?
2. Which one of the following is not an event that is included in the book as an ominous sign for Rome?
3. How does Hostilius consider Pompilius's culture to be?
4. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
5. What procedure does Ancus re-institute?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the town of Pometia surprisingly stand up to Rome, and what is the end result?
2. What is the government's proposal to the debtors, and why does it work only one time?
3. What is the new group of pacifists called, and where do they settle?
4. What happens after the war with the Aequians, and how do the Romans respond?
5. What happens to Cloelia and why is her story inspirational to the Romans?
6. What two noteworthy things does Servius do while he serves as the King of Rome?
7. How does the political system of the oligarchs differ from the original ruling style of the Kings?
8. How is Hostilius different than Romulus and Pompilius?
9. How is Romulus regarded as a leader, and what things does he have to do in order to build Rome?
10. What do the introductory sections of the book cover and what is the overall intent of Livy?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)