|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What result does the death of King Romulus have on Rome?
(a) It causes the Romans to wage a civil war.
(b) It makes the Romans less vulnerable.
(c) It makes the Romans more vulnerable.
(d) It causes the Romans to stop the civil war going on.
2. What never changes, according to the opening of The Patricians at Bay?
(a) The way politics are handled.
(b) Human nature.
(c) The way wars are fought.
3. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
4. What do the people do when creditors attempt to collect repayment in the courts?
(a) They protest the government by holding big rallies.
(b) They encourage debtors not to attend the court proceedings.
(c) They form mobs to protect the debtors.
(d) They file lawsuits against the creditors in retaliation.
5. Who is the elderly man that brought the issue of debt to the forefront?
(a) A reputable soldier.
(b) A former Commander.
(c) A reputable politician.
(d) A former King.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many debtors agree to sign up for the military the second time that the government asks them to?
2. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
3. According to Cloelia, what does gender influence?
4. What does the group of pacifists call themselves?
5. How long does Pompilius rule over Rome?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Livy's theory of human nature, and how does it relate to Rome?
2. How does Tarquin attempt to regain power, and what prevents him from succeeding?
3. How does the war between the creditors and the debtors begin?
4. How is Romulus regarded as a leader, and what things does he have to do in order to build Rome?
5. How long does Romulus rule, and what type of leadership does Pompilius provide?
6. How does Tarquin die, and what effect does it have on the Republic of Rome?
7. What problems does King Ancus face, and how does he deal with them?
8. What two noteworthy things does Servius do while he serves as the King of Rome?
9. What are the two different stories about the origin of Romulus and Remus?
10. What happens to Cloelia and why is her story inspirational to the Romans?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)