|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How attentive to the people's needs are the oligarchic rulers?
(a) It is impossible for them to be attentive to them.
(b) It depends on the cirumstances.
(c) They are rarely attentive to them by choice.
(d) They are always attentive to them by choice.
2. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
3. How many days are taken to contemplate the origin of the lights in the sky that are seen after a military campaign?
4. According to Livy, what is the one thing that is needed for all politicians to be elected into office?
(a) Respected ancestors.
(b) Financial skills.
(c) Monetary backing.
(d) People skills.
5. What do some of the creditors do to make the situation worse?
(a) They attack the debtors physically.
(b) They exploit the debtors.
(c) They try to take property away from the debtors.
(d) They refuse to accept repayment of the debts owed to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Pompilius rule over Rome?
2. Which relative of Hostilius set the precedent for the meaning of the word "hostile?"
3. Why are most of the politicians in Rome oligarchs?
4. How does Livy describe Tarquin's rule over Rome?
5. What does the group, the Aurunci, consist of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is a slave given citizenship, according to the story told in Rome as a Republic?
2. What two noteworthy things does Servius do while he serves as the King of Rome?
3. How is the war between the Romans and the Aequians waged?
4. How is Romulus regarded as a leader, and what things does he have to do in order to build Rome?
5. How does the war between the creditors and the debtors begin?
6. What role do the women have in the beginning of Rome?
7. Who is Valerius, and what does he do for the Roman people?
8. How do the senators initially respond to the ensuing credit war, and why does this strategy backfire on them?
9. How does Tarquin die, and what effect does it have on the Republic of Rome?
10. What is Livy's theory of human nature, and how does it relate to Rome?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)