|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season do the Romans choose to launch a siege against Veii?
2. What has Veii's internal politics caused them to appoint?
(a) A Senator.
(b) A Dictator.
(c) A King.
(d) A Consul.
3. What do the Romans label the class that exhibits wealth and power?
(a) The superiors.
(b) The elitists.
(c) The patricians.
(d) The plebians.
4. What causes the Roman military to face the possibility of defeat?
(a) Dissension among the soldiers.
(b) Dissension among the military leaders.
(c) A neighboring region with a larger supply of weaponry.
(d) A neigboring region with a larger military.
5. How do the senators feel about the practices of the decemvirs?
(a) They do not understand them.
(b) They ignore them.
(c) They support them.
(d) They oppose them.
6. What is it about Postumia that offends some people?
(a) The way she adorns herself.
(b) The way she isolates herself.
(c) Her questionable wealth.
(d) Her family's reputation.
7. Why are women and children not considered part of the plebian class?
(a) They cannot join the military.
(b) They are not politicians.
(c) They cannot vote.
(d) They do not have enough money.
8. Which one of the following best describes the state of the Roman Republic during the time described in Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians?
(a) The people rule over the government.
(b) The government has been abolished.
(c) The people have been implemented into the government.
(d) The government rules over the people.
9. What is the role of the tribunes?
(a) They are against the senate.
(b) They are against the consul.
(c) They are for the senate.
(d) They are against the common people.
10. What is considered a shortcoming that the advocates of intermarriage want to overcome?
11. What year does the section War & Politics begin?
(a) 445 BC.
(b) 544 BC.
(c) 345 BC.
(d) 234 BC.
12. What is Caeso Quinctius's opinion of the consuls?
(a) He defends them.
(b) He tries to replace them with the tribunes.
(c) He tries to add mroe consuls to the senate.
(d) He eliminates them.
13. Where is the civil strife in Rome resolved?
(a) Circus Maximus.
(b) The Capitol.
(c) The City Building.
(d) The Roman Arena.
14. What do the allies hope Rome will provide for them in their dispute?
(a) A different city to conquer.
(b) A different solution.
(c) A different place to battle over.
(d) A different problem.
15. Who does Postumius have trouble cooperating with in the military?
(a) Those of inferior rank.
(b) Those of superior rank.
(c) The consuls.
(d) Those of equal rank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the crisis that the decemvirs face?
2. What role do the decemvirs have in the Republic at the start of the fourth book?
3. How many classes were originally listed by Servilius?
4. Where does the defeat of Rome mentioned in Part 1of Rome's Capture take place?
5. What is the state of the Roman Republic at the end of the second part of Rome and the Patricians?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)