|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are women and children not considered part of the plebian class?
(a) They are not politicians.
(b) They cannot vote.
(c) They cannot join the military.
(d) They do not have enough money.
2. What do the opponents of intermarriage fear?
(a) The unintended economic consequences.
(b) Further attempts to change the definition of marriage even more.
(c) The decline of the Roman culture.
(d) The government's loss of control.
3. What decision does Rome make at the end of Rome and the Patricians?
(a) They attack half of the allies.
(b) They attack all of the allies.
(c) They declare the land private property of Rome.
(d) They declare the land public property of Rome.
4. How do the women in Rome factor into the wars during Rome and the Patricians?
(a) They are kept away from them.
(b) They are on the front lines along with the men.
(c) They are involved, but not on the front lines.
(d) They are the reason for the wars being fought.
5. How does Postumia disguise her disposition?
(a) With politeness.
(b) With humor.
(c) With rudeness.
(d) With deception.
6. What is the general tone of the author's style?
(a) Theoretical and entertaining.
(b) Factual and accessible.
7. What types of questions warranted the Etruscans' knowledge?
(a) Questions that had more than one possible answer.
(b) Questions that required a historical knowledge of the areas.
(c) Questions that needed prophecy to be answered.
(d) Questions that were hypothetical in nature.
8. What are the Etruscans advanced in?
9. What threat does the revolt of the slaves cause Rome to face?
(a) A civil war.
(b) The overthrow of the government.
(c) The institution of martial law.
(d) Over population.
10. Much later, what does Plato encourage the women of Athens to do?
(a) Create a militia.
(b) Begin moving away from the city.
(c) Begin outnumbering the men.
(d) Run for public office.
11. How long were the Volscians an enemy of Rome?
(a) Over one hundred years.
(b) Over two hundred years.
(c) Less than one hundred years.
(d) Less than fifty years.
12. What is unique about Lucius Tarquitius?
(a) He does not live in Rome.
(b) He works among the common people and in the government.
(c) He is a soldier for three separate armies.
(d) He does not own a horse.
13. What introduces the idea of different classes being allowed to marry?
(a) Pressures from other regions.
(b) A new legislation.
(c) A petition by the people.
(d) A protest by the people.
14. How many meetings with the senators do the decemvirs request?
15. What has Veii's internal politics caused them to appoint?
(a) A Senator.
(b) A King.
(c) A Dictator.
(d) A Consul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the planet uses laws similar to that of the Romans, based on Judaic philosophy?
2. What are the decemvirs mainly unable to manage?
3. What is considered a shortcoming that the advocates of intermarriage want to overcome?
4. How do the slaves revolt in Rome?
5. How is Rome's decision at the end of Rome and the Patricians received?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)