|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many allies of Rome need mediation for their dispute?
2. What is unique about Lucius Tarquitius?
(a) He is a soldier for three separate armies.
(b) He does not own a horse.
(c) He works among the common people and in the government.
(d) He does not live in Rome.
3. Who does Postumius have trouble cooperating with in the military?
(a) Those of inferior rank.
(b) The consuls.
(c) Those of equal rank.
(d) Those of superior rank.
4. What causes the Roman military to face the possibility of defeat?
(a) Dissension among the soldiers.
(b) A neighboring region with a larger supply of weaponry.
(c) A neigboring region with a larger military.
(d) Dissension among the military leaders.
5. What has Veii's internal politics caused them to appoint?
(a) A King.
(b) A Consul.
(c) A Dictator.
(d) A Senator.
6. How long do the Romans evacuate the city because of the pestilence and illness?
(a) Five years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Three years.
7. Much later, what does Plato encourage the women of Athens to do?
(a) Run for public office.
(b) Create a militia.
(c) Begin outnumbering the men.
(d) Begin moving away from the city.
8. What is used to support the advocates of intermarriage?
(a) The success of intermarriage in other regions.
(b) The previous integration of other regions by Rome.
(c) The failure of other regions who do not have intermarriage.
(d) The previous design of the social classes by Rome.
9. What is the reason for the dispute of Rome's allies?
(a) It is a political dispute.
(b) It is a dispute over territory.
(c) It is a civil war.
(d) It is a revolt against the governments of the allies.
10. How many Tables are there in the Laws that the Romans propose?
11. What year does the section War & Politics begin?
(a) 544 BC.
(b) 445 BC.
(c) 234 BC.
(d) 345 BC.
12. How is Rome's decision at the end of Rome and the Patricians received?
(a) It is met with support.
(b) It is met with cynicism.
(c) It is met with confusion.
(d) It is met with anger.
13. How does Postumia disguise her disposition?
(a) With politeness.
(b) With humor.
(c) With deception.
(d) With rudeness.
14. Which one of the following best describes the state of the Roman Republic during the time described in Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians?
(a) The people have been implemented into the government.
(b) The people rule over the government.
(c) The government rules over the people.
(d) The government has been abolished.
15. Why are slaves not considered part of the plebian class?
(a) They are not polticians.
(b) They cannot join the military.
(c) They cannot vote.
(d) They do not have enough money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Postumia described?
2. How do the slaves revolt in Rome?
3. What is it about Postumia that offends some people?
4. What kind of power are the Etruscans known for?
5. What types of questions warranted the Etruscans' knowledge?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)