|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season do the Romans choose to launch a siege against Veii?
2. Once established, which part of the government has the most ties to the plebian class?
(a) The tribune.
(b) The senate.
(c) The dictatorship.
(d) The consuls.
3. What do the leaders have mixed feelings about, as a result of the slaves' revolt?
(a) Arming the people.
(b) Disarming the people.
(c) Imposing a curfew.
(d) Eliminating the curfew.
4. How do the decemvirs respond to outside enemies?
(a) They are angered.
(b) They are shaken.
(c) They are optimistic.
(d) They are emboldened.
5. What are the decemvirs mainly unable to manage?
(a) The will of the Roman people.
(b) The senators of Rome.
(c) The military of Rome.
(d) The financial state of Rome.
6. What is the controversial yet effective way that Postumius dies?
(a) He is stoned to death by the people.
(b) He is stoned to death by his soldiers.
(c) He is dragged through the streets by the people.
(d) He is dragged through the streets by his soldiers.
7. What is the role of the tribunes?
(a) They are against the common people.
(b) They are against the consul.
(c) They are for the senate.
(d) They are against the senate.
8. According to Claudius, what is the real trouble in Rome?
(a) The consuls' tendency to expand the separation between classes.
(b) The people's tendency to expand the separation between classes.
(c) The tribune's tendency to expand the separation between classes.
(d) The senate's tendency to expand the separation between classes.
9. What is unique about Lucius Tarquitius?
(a) He does not own a horse.
(b) He does not live in Rome.
(c) He works among the common people and in the government.
(d) He is a soldier for three separate armies.
10. How many simultaneous campaigns do the Romans attempt to have enough troops to serve in?
11. What is the real problem the decemvirs have?
(a) They underestimate the power of the Roman military.
(b) They underestimate the power of the Roman people.
(c) They are overprepared for the power they have.
(d) They are not prepared for the power they have.
12. How are the people of Ardea affected by Rome's new outlook?
(a) They are satisfied.
(b) They are skeptical.
(c) They are ambivalent.
(d) They are unsatisfied.
13. How many years after the Estrucans and the Sabines fought Rome do the Volscians and the Aequins also position themselves against the city?
(a) Two hundred and fifty.
(c) One hundred.
(d) Two hundred.
14. What part of the planet uses laws similar to that of the Romans, based on Judaic philosophy?
15. How is Rome's decision at the end of Rome and the Patricians received?
(a) It is met with anger.
(b) It is met with support.
(c) It is met with confusion.
(d) It is met with cynicism.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the government pay for the military?
2. What is the conspiracy that is mentioned at the end of the first section in War & Politics?
3. What role do the decemvirs have in the Republic at the start of the fourth book?
4. What is the state of politics in Chapter 3 of Rome and the Patricians?
5. What year does the section War & Politics begin?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)