|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the allies arrive in Rome at the end of Rome and the Patricians?
(a) A new party stakes a claim on the land.
(b) The allies decide they no longer need Rome's assistance.
(c) Rome refuses to allow them entrance.
(d) A new party agrees to replace Rome as the mediator.
2. What is the conspiracy that is mentioned at the end of the first section in War & Politics?
(a) A plot to overthrow the government.
(b) A plot to restore the monarchy.
(c) Another revolt by the slaves.
(d) A violent protest by the advocates of intermarriage.
3. What has Veii's internal politics caused them to appoint?
(a) A Dictator.
(b) A King.
(c) A Senator.
(d) A Consul.
4. How long do the Romans evacuate the city because of the pestilence and illness?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Five years.
5. What is Appius Claudius' position?
(a) He speaks to the relatives of the soldiers who have been killed in battle.
(b) He decides which soldiers should remain and speak for the military during a time of war.
(c) He represents the soldiers who have been killed in battle.
(d) He represents the absent military men while they are away at war.
6. Where does the defeat of Rome mentioned in Part 1of Rome's Capture take place?
(a) Inside the city.
(b) In another country.
(c) In Circus Maximus.
(d) Outside of the city.
7. What is the state of the Roman Republic at the end of the second part of Rome and the Patricians?
(a) The tribunes are eliminated.
(b) The senate is eliminated.
(c) The military is eliminated.
(d) The consuls are eliminated.
8. Why are women and children not considered part of the plebian class?
(a) They cannot vote.
(b) They cannot join the military.
(c) They are not politicians.
(d) They do not have enough money.
9. How does the government pay for the military?
(a) It taxes the government officials.
(b) It requests donations from other regions.
(c) It requests donations from the people.
(d) It taxes the people.
10. What threat does the revolt of the slaves cause Rome to face?
(a) The institution of martial law.
(b) Over population.
(c) The overthrow of the government.
(d) A civil war.
11. How is Rome's decision at the end of Rome and the Patricians received?
(a) It is met with confusion.
(b) It is met with anger.
(c) It is met with cynicism.
(d) It is met with support.
12. What season do the Romans choose to launch a siege against Veii?
13. What is the innovation talked about at the end of War & Politics?
(a) The military will be paid after their defeats.
(b) The military will stop being paid from public funds.
(c) The military will only be paid upon their victories.
(d) The military will be paid from public funds.
14. What causes the Roman military to face the possibility of defeat?
(a) Dissension among the military leaders.
(b) A neigboring region with a larger military.
(c) Dissension among the soldiers.
(d) A neighboring region with a larger supply of weaponry.
15. Which one of the following best describes the state of the Roman Republic during the time described in Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians?
(a) The people rule over the government.
(b) The government rules over the people.
(c) The government has been abolished.
(d) The people have been implemented into the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the time of Rome and the Patricians, how is the military generally used?
2. What types of questions warranted the Etruscans' knowledge?
3. What year does the section War & Politics begin?
4. What are the people chastised for after the rule of the decemvirs ends?
5. Why does Postumius shockingly threaten his men?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)