|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season do the Romans choose to launch a siege against Veii?
2. How is the nature of the decemvirs' politics described?
(a) Illegal, but effective.
(b) Legal, but unethical.
(c) Illegal and ineffective.
(d) Legal, but ineffective.
3. What do the Romans label the class that exhibits wealth and power?
(a) The plebians.
(b) The elitists.
(c) The superiors.
(d) The patricians.
4. What is the reason for the dispute of Rome's allies?
(a) It is a political dispute.
(b) It is a dispute over territory.
(c) It is a revolt against the governments of the allies.
(d) It is a civil war.
5. What is the general tone of the author's style?
(b) Theoretical and entertaining.
(c) Factual and accessible.
6. How do the women in Rome factor into the wars during Rome and the Patricians?
(a) They are involved, but not on the front lines.
(b) They are on the front lines along with the men.
(c) They are the reason for the wars being fought.
(d) They are kept away from them.
7. What causes the Roman military to face the possibility of defeat?
(a) A neigboring region with a larger military.
(b) Dissension among the military leaders.
(c) A neighboring region with a larger supply of weaponry.
(d) Dissension among the soldiers.
8. What are the Etruscans advanced in?
9. What types of questions warranted the Etruscans' knowledge?
(a) Questions that required a historical knowledge of the areas.
(b) Questions that had more than one possible answer.
(c) Questions that were hypothetical in nature.
(d) Questions that needed prophecy to be answered.
10. What is Caeso Quinctius's opinion of the consuls?
(a) He eliminates them.
(b) He tries to replace them with the tribunes.
(c) He defends them.
(d) He tries to add mroe consuls to the senate.
11. What is the innovation talked about at the end of War & Politics?
(a) The military will be paid after their defeats.
(b) The military will stop being paid from public funds.
(c) The military will only be paid upon their victories.
(d) The military will be paid from public funds.
12. Why are slaves not considered part of the plebian class?
(a) They cannot join the military.
(b) They do not have enough money.
(c) They are not polticians.
(d) They cannot vote.
13. How do the slaves revolt in Rome?
(a) They are working alone.
(b) They are assisted by the people.
(c) They are assisted by the military.
(d) They are assisited by other forces.
14. What kind of power are the Etruscans known for?
(a) Cultural, but not political.
(b) The Etruscans were not known for having any power.
(c) Political, but not cultural.
(d) Political and cultural.
15. What has Veii's internal politics caused them to appoint?
(a) A Dictator.
(b) A King.
(c) A Consul.
(d) A Senator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the Volscians to aid a Roman party?
2. What happens when the allies arrive in Rome at the end of Rome and the Patricians?
3. Much later, what does Plato encourage the women of Athens to do?
4. How do the senators feel about the practices of the decemvirs?
5. Which one of the following best describes the state of the Roman Republic during the time described in Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)