|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the time of Rome and the Patricians, how is the military generally used?
(a) To control the government.
(b) In response to threats.
(c) To control the city's people.
(d) In response to attacks.
2. Who are Marcus Genucius and Gaius Curtius?
(a) The new consuls after the decemvirs.
(b) The new senators after the decemvirs.
(c) Two military leaders after the decemvirs.
(d) The two responsible for dealing with the decemvirs.
3. What introduces the idea of different classes being allowed to marry?
(a) A protest by the people.
(b) Pressures from other regions.
(c) A petition by the people.
(d) A new legislation.
4. How do the women in Rome factor into the wars during Rome and the Patricians?
(a) They are the reason for the wars being fought.
(b) They are involved, but not on the front lines.
(c) They are kept away from them.
(d) They are on the front lines along with the men.
5. What is the general tone of the author's style?
(b) Theoretical and entertaining.
(c) Factual and accessible.
6. What is the state of the allies when they approach Rome for mediation?
(a) They are worn down.
(b) They are energized.
(c) They are confused by Rome's current political structure.
(d) They are angry at Rome.
7. Where does the defeat of Rome mentioned in Part 1of Rome's Capture take place?
(a) In another country.
(b) In Circus Maximus.
(c) Inside the city.
(d) Outside of the city.
8. What are the decemvirs mainly unable to manage?
(a) The will of the Roman people.
(b) The financial state of Rome.
(c) The military of Rome.
(d) The senators of Rome.
9. How do the slaves revolt in Rome?
(a) They are assisited by other forces.
(b) They are working alone.
(c) They are assisted by the military.
(d) They are assisted by the people.
10. What decision does Rome make at the end of Rome and the Patricians?
(a) They attack half of the allies.
(b) They attack all of the allies.
(c) They declare the land private property of Rome.
(d) They declare the land public property of Rome.
11. What part of the planet uses laws similar to that of the Romans, based on Judaic philosophy?
12. How many men with axes govern over the people of Rome as Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians ends?
(a) Twenty five.
13. What do the leaders have mixed feelings about, as a result of the slaves' revolt?
(a) Disarming the people.
(b) Imposing a curfew.
(c) Eliminating the curfew.
(d) Arming the people.
14. Which one of the following best describes the state of the Roman Republic during the time described in Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians?
(a) The people have been implemented into the government.
(b) The government rules over the people.
(c) The people rule over the government.
(d) The government has been abolished.
15. What causes the Volscians to aid a Roman party?
(a) A military dispute.
(b) A financial dispute.
(c) A matrimonial dispute.
(d) A political dispute.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the allies arrive in Rome at the end of Rome and the Patricians?
2. How are the Volscians described in the second part of War & Politics?
3. What part of Livy's tone is consistent throughout the book?
4. How many allies of Rome need mediation for their dispute?
5. How many classes were originally listed by Servilius?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)