Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What introduces the idea of different classes being allowed to marry?
(a) Pressures from other regions.
(b) A new legislation.
(c) A petition by the people.
(d) A protest by the people.
2. What is the controversial yet effective way that Postumius dies?
(a) He is stoned to death by the people.
(b) He is dragged through the streets by his soldiers.
(c) He is dragged through the streets by the people.
(d) He is stoned to death by his soldiers.
3. Why are slaves not considered part of the plebian class?
(a) They do not have enough money.
(b) They are not polticians.
(c) They cannot vote.
(d) They cannot join the military.
4. How is the civil strife in Rome managed?
(a) A military leader raises troops that side with the tribune.
(b) A military leader raises troops that side with the slaves.
(c) A military leader raises troops that side with the senate.
(d) A military leader raises troops that side with the consul.
5. What is Caeso Quinctius's opinion of the consuls?
(a) He eliminates them.
(b) He tries to replace them with the tribunes.
(c) He tries to add mroe consuls to the senate.
(d) He defends them.
6. What are the Etruscans advanced in?
7. How do the senators feel about the practices of the decemvirs?
(a) They ignore them.
(b) They support them.
(c) They do not understand them.
(d) They oppose them.
8. During the time of Rome and the Patricians, how is the military generally used?
(a) In response to attacks.
(b) To control the government.
(c) In response to threats.
(d) To control the city's people.
9. How does Postumia disguise her disposition?
(a) With deception.
(b) With humor.
(c) With rudeness.
(d) With politeness.
10. What is the role of the tribunes?
(a) They are against the common people.
(b) They are against the senate.
(c) They are against the consul.
(d) They are for the senate.
11. What does Claudius encourage Rome to consider in a lengthy speech?
(a) The reputation of the surrounding regions.
(b) The reputation of the government.
(c) The reputation of the soldiers.
(d) The reputation of the people.
12. What is the state of the Roman Republic at the end of the second part of Rome and the Patricians?
(a) The consuls are eliminated.
(b) The senate is eliminated.
(c) The tribunes are eliminated.
(d) The military is eliminated.
13. How do the slaves revolt in Rome?
(a) They are assisted by the people.
(b) They are assisted by the military.
(c) They are assisited by other forces.
(d) They are working alone.
14. What is used to support the advocates of intermarriage?
(a) The previous design of the social classes by Rome.
(b) The failure of other regions who do not have intermarriage.
(c) The success of intermarriage in other regions.
(d) The previous integration of other regions by Rome.
15. What is the conspiracy that is mentioned at the end of the first section in War & Politics?
(a) Another revolt by the slaves.
(b) A plot to restore the monarchy.
(c) A violent protest by the advocates of intermarriage.
(d) A plot to overthrow the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Livy's tone is consistent throughout the book?
2. What are the decemvirs mainly unable to manage?
3. What do the allies hope Rome will provide for them in their dispute?
4. What is it about Postumia that offends some people?
5. What part of the government featured a strong military contingent?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)