|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the time of Rome and the Patricians, how is the military generally used?
(a) To control the city's people.
(b) In response to threats.
(c) In response to attacks.
(d) To control the government.
2. How many allies of Rome need mediation for their dispute?
3. What is it about Postumia that offends some people?
(a) Her questionable wealth.
(b) Her family's reputation.
(c) The way she adorns herself.
(d) The way she isolates herself.
4. How is Rome's decision at the end of Rome and the Patricians received?
(a) It is met with support.
(b) It is met with confusion.
(c) It is met with cynicism.
(d) It is met with anger.
5. How many meetings with the senators do the decemvirs request?
6. Why are women and children not considered part of the plebian class?
(a) They are not politicians.
(b) They cannot join the military.
(c) They do not have enough money.
(d) They cannot vote.
7. What causes the Volscians to aid a Roman party?
(a) A financial dispute.
(b) A matrimonial dispute.
(c) A military dispute.
(d) A political dispute.
8. How does the government pay for the military?
(a) It taxes the government officials.
(b) It requests donations from the people.
(c) It requests donations from other regions.
(d) It taxes the people.
9. What is unique about Lucius Tarquitius?
(a) He does not own a horse.
(b) He does not live in Rome.
(c) He works among the common people and in the government.
(d) He is a soldier for three separate armies.
10. How is Postumia described?
(a) Reserved and dressed attractively.
(b) Outspoken and dressed attractively.
(c) Outspoken and dressed unattractively.
(d) Reserved and dressed unattractively.
11. What is the innovation talked about at the end of War & Politics?
(a) The military will only be paid upon their victories.
(b) The military will be paid from public funds.
(c) The military will stop being paid from public funds.
(d) The military will be paid after their defeats.
12. How do the decemvirs respond to outside enemies?
(a) They are angered.
(b) They are optimistic.
(c) They are emboldened.
(d) They are shaken.
13. What is Appius Claudius' position?
(a) He decides which soldiers should remain and speak for the military during a time of war.
(b) He speaks to the relatives of the soldiers who have been killed in battle.
(c) He represents the absent military men while they are away at war.
(d) He represents the soldiers who have been killed in battle.
14. What kind of power are the Etruscans known for?
(a) Political and cultural.
(b) Political, but not cultural.
(c) Cultural, but not political.
(d) The Etruscans were not known for having any power.
15. Where is the civil strife in Rome resolved?
(a) The Capitol.
(b) The City Building.
(c) The Roman Arena.
(d) Circus Maximus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Much later, what does Plato encourage the women of Athens to do?
2. What is the conspiracy that is mentioned at the end of the first section in War & Politics?
3. How are the Volscians described in the second part of War & Politics?
4. How is the civil strife in Rome managed?
5. What season do the Romans choose to launch a siege against Veii?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)