|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many simultaneous campaigns do the Romans attempt to have enough troops to serve in?
2. What is the controversial yet effective way that Postumius dies?
(a) He is dragged through the streets by his soldiers.
(b) He is stoned to death by his soldiers.
(c) He is dragged through the streets by the people.
(d) He is stoned to death by the people.
3. During the time of Rome and the Patricians, how is the military generally used?
(a) To control the government.
(b) To control the city's people.
(c) In response to threats.
(d) In response to attacks.
4. What does Rome's decision in Chapter 3 of Rome and the Patricians illustrate?
(a) Rome's politics.
(b) Rome's power.
(c) Rome's weakness.
(d) Rome's naivety.
5. Once established, which part of the government has the most ties to the plebian class?
(a) The tribune.
(b) The senate.
(c) The consuls.
(d) The dictatorship.
6. How are the people of Ardea affected by Rome's new outlook?
(a) They are ambivalent.
(b) They are skeptical.
(c) They are unsatisfied.
(d) They are satisfied.
7. What kind of power are the Etruscans known for?
(a) Cultural, but not political.
(b) The Etruscans were not known for having any power.
(c) Political, but not cultural.
(d) Political and cultural.
8. How is the nature of the decemvirs' politics described?
(a) Illegal and ineffective.
(b) Legal, but ineffective.
(c) Legal, but unethical.
(d) Illegal, but effective.
9. What is the real problem the decemvirs have?
(a) They are overprepared for the power they have.
(b) They underestimate the power of the Roman military.
(c) They are not prepared for the power they have.
(d) They underestimate the power of the Roman people.
10. What types of questions warranted the Etruscans' knowledge?
(a) Questions that required a historical knowledge of the areas.
(b) Questions that needed prophecy to be answered.
(c) Questions that were hypothetical in nature.
(d) Questions that had more than one possible answer.
11. What do the Romans label the class that exhibits wealth and power?
(a) The superiors.
(b) The elitists.
(c) The patricians.
(d) The plebians.
12. What causes the Volscians to aid a Roman party?
(a) A financial dispute.
(b) A political dispute.
(c) A matrimonial dispute.
(d) A military dispute.
13. How do the decemvirs respond to outside enemies?
(a) They are emboldened.
(b) They are shaken.
(c) They are angered.
(d) They are optimistic.
14. What is the role of the tribunes?
(a) They are for the senate.
(b) They are against the common people.
(c) They are against the senate.
(d) They are against the consul.
15. Where do the senators go as the decemvirs take control of Rome?
(a) To their country estates.
(b) To fight with the military.
(c) To work among the people.
(d) To other cities.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the government pay for the military?
2. Who does Postumius have trouble cooperating with in the military?
3. What threat does the revolt of the slaves cause Rome to face?
4. How is Rome's decision at the end of Rome and the Patricians received?
5. What season do the Romans choose to launch a siege against Veii?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)