|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the controversial yet effective way that Postumius dies?
(a) He is dragged through the streets by the people.
(b) He is stoned to death by his soldiers.
(c) He is dragged through the streets by his soldiers.
(d) He is stoned to death by the people.
2. How long do the Romans evacuate the city because of the pestilence and illness?
(a) Three years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two years.
3. How are the tribunes given their office?
(a) They are elected by the people.
(b) They are appointed by the senate.
(c) They are appointed by the dictator.
(d) They are appointed by the consuls.
4. How long were the Volscians an enemy of Rome?
(a) Less than one hundred years.
(b) Over two hundred years.
(c) Less than fifty years.
(d) Over one hundred years.
5. Which one of the following best describes the state of the Roman Republic during the time described in Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians?
(a) The government rules over the people.
(b) The government has been abolished.
(c) The people rule over the government.
(d) The people have been implemented into the government.
6. How many allies of Rome need mediation for their dispute?
7. What are the people chastised for after the rule of the decemvirs ends?
(a) Contributing to Rome's economic problems.
(b) Following the decemvirs.
(c) Supporting the decemvirs.
(d) Contributing to Rome's political problems.
8. What is the conspiracy that is mentioned at the end of the first section in War & Politics?
(a) A plot to restore the monarchy.
(b) Another revolt by the slaves.
(c) A plot to overthrow the government.
(d) A violent protest by the advocates of intermarriage.
9. What is it about Postumia that offends some people?
(a) The way she isolates herself.
(b) The way she adorns herself.
(c) Her family's reputation.
(d) Her questionable wealth.
10. What do the allies hope Rome will provide for them in their dispute?
(a) A different city to conquer.
(b) A different place to battle over.
(c) A different solution.
(d) A different problem.
11. What do the Romans label the class that exhibits wealth and power?
(a) The elitists.
(b) The plebians.
(c) The superiors.
(d) The patricians.
12. What is Caeso Quinctius's opinion of the consuls?
(a) He tries to add mroe consuls to the senate.
(b) He defends them.
(c) He eliminates them.
(d) He tries to replace them with the tribunes.
13. How many meetings with the senators do the decemvirs request?
14. What does Claudius encourage Rome to consider in a lengthy speech?
(a) The reputation of the surrounding regions.
(b) The reputation of the soldiers.
(c) The reputation of the people.
(d) The reputation of the government.
15. How is Rome's decision at the end of Rome and the Patricians received?
(a) It is met with support.
(b) It is met with anger.
(c) It is met with confusion.
(d) It is met with cynicism.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the nature of the decemvirs' politics described?
2. How do the decemvirs respond to outside enemies?
3. Where does the defeat of Rome mentioned in Part 1of Rome's Capture take place?
4. How many years after the Estrucans and the Sabines fought Rome do the Volscians and the Aequins also position themselves against the city?
5. What types of questions warranted the Etruscans' knowledge?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)