|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days are taken to contemplate the origin of the lights in the sky that are seen after a military campaign?
2. What threat causes the senate to offer debtors a relief from their debts if they agree to serve in the military?
(a) The threat of the Nervians.
(b) The threat of the Tungrians.
(c) The threat of the Volscians.
(d) The threat of the Batavians.
3. Who are the main perpetrators of the mass hysteria surrounding the battles the Romans fight in?
(a) People who lost friends or relatives in the battles.
(b) People who live inside of the city.
(c) People who live outside of the city.
(d) People who are actively involved in the battles.
4. How does Hostilius consider Pompilius's culture to be?
5. What never changes, according to the opening of The Patricians at Bay?
(a) The way wars are fought.
(c) The way politics are handled.
(d) Human nature.
6. What do the people do when creditors attempt to collect repayment in the courts?
(a) They encourage debtors not to attend the court proceedings.
(b) They protest the government by holding big rallies.
(c) They file lawsuits against the creditors in retaliation.
(d) They form mobs to protect the debtors.
7. What does Pompilius primarily focus on?
(a) Granting more power to the senate.
(b) Civilizing the culture of Rome.
(c) Eliminating the culture of Rome.
(d) Granting more power to himself.
8. What is the population of Rome estimated to be during first part of The Patricians at Bay?
(a) 94, 714.
(b) 104, 714.
(c) 140, 714.
(d) 49, 714.
9. Who is the elderly man that brought the issue of debt to the forefront?
(a) A former Commander.
(b) A former King.
(c) A reputable soldier.
(d) A reputable politician.
10. Where does Romulus gather people from to help start Rome's population?
(a) A select amount of the surrounding countries.
(b) All of the surrounding countries.
(c) All of the surrounding villages.
(d) A select amount of the surrounding villages.
11. In the original book, how many chapter breaks are there in The Republic?
12. According to Livy, what is the one thing that is needed for all politicians to be elected into office?
(a) People skills.
(b) Financial skills.
(c) Monetary backing.
(d) Respected ancestors.
13. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
14. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
(a) They are fraternal twins.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are half-brothers.
(d) They are identical twins.
15. What is Brutus known as in the beginning of the second book?
(a) Brutus the Conqueror.
(b) Brutus the Liberator.
(c) Brutus the Betrayer.
(d) Brutus the Destroyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How common is the interaction between human and divine beings in Ancient Rome, according to Livy?
2. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
3. What is Circus Maximus?
4. Although it is a decisive Roman victory, what are the total losses on both sides of the war that results in one of the consuls being injured, and the other being beheaded?
5. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)