|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
2. What serious problem do the Romans turn to religion for help with?
(a) The wars.
(b) The fear of the lights in the sky.
(c) The financial burden of debts.
(d) The plague.
3. What is the population of Rome estimated to be during first part of The Patricians at Bay?
(a) 104, 714.
(b) 49, 714.
(c) 94, 714.
(d) 140, 714.
4. How does a leader's presence or absence on the battlefield affect the troops fighting in a war?
(a) The troops begin to lose morale if a leader is absent.
(b) The troops begin to lose morale if a leader is present.
(c) The troops mostly prefer to be led by a soldier, rather than a military/political leader.
(d) The troops fight the same whether a leader is present or not.
5. What does the author tell the reader he is writing about in the first Introduction?
(a) The second group of people to inhabit Rome.
(b) The group of people who traveled through Rome before it was founded.
(c) The first people in Rome that anyone is certain of.
(d) The first people in Rome that cannot be verified.
6. What Latin city does Rome conquer in order to further increase its population?
7. How many debtors agree to sign up for the military the second time that the government asks them to?
(a) Half of them.
(b) A quarter of them.
(d) All of them.
8. How do the senators show their fear for the people's increasing awareness of the debt crisis?
(a) They attempt to talk with the people more directly.
(b) They stay away.
(c) They attempt to create new laws for time payments.
(d) They resign.
9. How many days are taken to contemplate the origin of the lights in the sky that are seen after a military campaign?
10. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
(a) That there will no longer be elections.
(b) That there will be no more Kings.
(c) That he be declared King.
(d) That the elections will happen every four years.
11. What do the Romans surprisingly do after Cloelia successfully escapes from Porsena?
(a) They do not recognize her.
(b) They return her to Porsena.
(c) They refuse to allow her entrance to Rome.
(d) They separate her from her family.
12. In the original book, how many chapter breaks are there in The Republic?
13. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
14. What is the reason for Tarquin's failure at attempting to retake control of Rome?
(a) The people's fear of Brutus.
(b) Tarquin lacks the number of men needed to battle Rome.
(c) Tarquin does not allow his men to rest, so they are too tired to fight Rome.
(d) The support of the people for Brutus.
15. How is the problem of debt described?
(a) As a manageable civil and social problem.
(b) As an unmanageable civil and social problem.
(c) As a past social problem.
(d) As a past civil problem..
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of rights are the women promised when Rome is first beginning?
2. Who does the slave turn the information of the conspiracy over to?
3. How does Rome use the Dictatorship during The Republic?
4. What are the women asked to disregard pertaining to the men they found themselves with at the start of Rome?
5. What does Pompilius primarily focus on?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)