|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the slave given for his role in preventing the conspiracy?
(a) A place in the senate.
(b) The chance to purchase land.
(c) Roman citizenship.
(d) Free land.
2. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
3. What does the group, the Aurunci, consist of?
(a) More than one country.
(b) Just one town.
(c) More than one town.
(d) Just one country.
4. What is made to honor Cloelia's bravery?
(a) A plaque.
(b) An official day of recognition.
(c) A painting of her portrait.
(d) A statue.
5. How long does Pompilius rule over Rome?
(a) Forty-three years.
(b) Twenty-three years.
(c) Thirty-three years.
(d) Fifty-three years.
6. According to Livy, how much of a difference was there between the rich and the poor early in Rome's history?
(a) A huge difference.
(b) Not very much difference.
(c) No difference.
(d) Rome had no wealthy people in its beginnings.
7. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
(b) In a split decision.
(c) By forfeit.
(d) He is appointed.
8. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
(a) Neither warlike nor peaceful.
(b) Mainly peaceful.
(c) Both warlike and peaceful.
(d) Mainly warlike.
9. In the Romans' victory over the Albans, how many total combatant deaths are there?
10. How was the support of the people viewed by the Kings of early Rome?
(a) As unnecessary.
(b) As a necessity.
(c) As valuable and easily attainable.
(d) As valuable, but not easily attainable.
11. How do the people view the senators' fear of the crowds resulting from the debt problem the city faces?
(a) They ignore it.
(b) They view it as positive.
(c) They are confused by it.
(d) They view it as negative.
12. Although it is a decisive Roman victory, what are the total losses on both sides of the war that results in one of the consuls being injured, and the other being beheaded?
(a) Between fourteen and fifteen thousand men.
(b) Between nine and ten thousand men.
(c) Between eight and nine thousand men.
(d) Between eleven and twelve thousand men.
13. How do the Romans use war in the second part of The Republic?
(a) Only preservation.
(b) Only preservation and expansion.
(c) Only preservation and resources.
(d) Preservation, resources, and expansion.
14. As Part 2 of The Republic begins, what is a main focus of Rome's culture?
(a) The Romans are expanding their culture to include traits of other regions.
(b) The Romans are reducing the influence of other regions in their culture.
(c) The Romans are trying to make the city less sophisticated.
(d) The Romans are trying to make the city more sophisticated.
15. What never changes, according to the opening of The Patricians at Bay?
(a) Human nature.
(b) The way wars are fought.
(c) The way politics are handled.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cloelia, what does gender influence?
2. How is the problem of debt described?
3. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
4. How do the surrounding political locations feel about Rome when it is first being created?
5. How do the political leaders of Rome gain the support of the people early on?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)