|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
2. What Latin city does Rome conquer in order to further increase its population?
3. Where does Romulus gather people from to help start Rome's population?
(a) A select amount of the surrounding villages.
(b) All of the surrounding villages.
(c) A select amount of the surrounding countries.
(d) All of the surrounding countries.
4. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
(a) The Turks.
(b) The Albanians.
(c) The Bulgarians.
(d) The Greeks.
5. What is the slave given for his role in preventing the conspiracy?
(a) Roman citizenship.
(b) The chance to purchase land.
(c) Free land.
(d) A place in the senate.
6. How many years is a consul given to serve when the position is first created?
7. How does the slave described in the beginning of Rome's new consul learn of the conspirators' plans?
(a) He knows another slave who works for one of the conspirators.
(b) He knows another slave who has overheard their conversation.
(c) He overhears their conversation while passing them on the street.
(d) He works for one of the conspirators.
8. What does the group, the Aurunci, consist of?
(a) More than one town.
(b) More than one country.
(c) Just one town.
(d) Just one country.
9. In the original book, how many chapter breaks are there in The Republic?
10. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
(a) That there will be no more Kings.
(b) That there will no longer be elections.
(c) That the elections will happen every four years.
(d) That he be declared King.
11. What level of involvement do the leaders have in the war that featured debtors who agreed to fight in exchange for their debt being resolved?
(a) They refuse to participate.
(b) They actively participate.
(c) They participate by positioning themselves near the battles.
(d) They temporarily leave Rome to avoid participating.
12. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
(a) He imposes a curfew on the city.
(b) He has guards patrol the city.
(c) He builds the first prison.
(d) He becomes more selective about which cities he takes people from in the future.
13. What do the people do when creditors attempt to collect repayment in the courts?
(a) They form mobs to protect the debtors.
(b) They encourage debtors not to attend the court proceedings.
(c) They protest the government by holding big rallies.
(d) They file lawsuits against the creditors in retaliation.
14. How are the Sabine people described in the book?
(a) They are not aware of Rome at the time the book was written.
(b) They ignore Rome until they are attacked.
(c) They are a recurrent opponent of Rome.
(d) They are recurrent allies of Rome.
15. How long does the creation and establishment of Rome take?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brutus known as in the beginning of the second book?
2. How many days are taken to contemplate the origin of the lights in the sky that are seen after a military campaign?
3. How is Horatius given a reprieve from the death penalty after his tragic response to his sister's reaction to the battle?
4. What is Circus Maximus?
5. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)