|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
(a) The Ligurians.
(b) The Venetians.
(c) The Umbrians.
(d) The Etruscans.
2. What is Circus Maximus?
(a) A large, circular shaped courthouse.
(b) A large public stadium.
(c) A large, circular shaped senate building.
(d) A large private stadium.
3. What is Brutus known as in the beginning of the second book?
(a) Brutus the Conqueror.
(b) Brutus the Destroyer.
(c) Brutus the Betrayer.
(d) Brutus the Liberator.
4. What are the women asked to disregard pertaining to the men they found themselves with at the start of Rome?
(a) Their fondness.
(b) Their attachment.
(c) Their resentment.
(d) Their hatred.
5. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
6. What does the group, the Aurunci, consist of?
(a) More than one town.
(b) More than one country.
(c) Just one country.
(d) Just one town.
7. What Latin city does Rome conquer in order to further increase its population?
8. What is the population of Rome estimated to be during first part of The Patricians at Bay?
(a) 94, 714.
(b) 104, 714.
(c) 140, 714.
(d) 49, 714.
9. How many years is Rome a Republic before other well known governments are established, such as Athens and Sparta?
(a) About 400 years.
(b) About 320 years.
(c) About 200 years.
(d) About 120 years.
10. How many debtors agree to sign up for the military the second time that the government asks them to?
(a) A quarter of them.
(b) Half of them.
(d) All of them.
11. What situation is the most common setting for a Dictator to be named of Rome?
(a) A war.
(b) Civil unrest.
(c) A financial crisis.
(d) A shortage of supplies.
12. How common is the interaction between human and divine beings in Ancient Rome, according to Livy?
(a) It is very common.
(b) It happens only once a year.
(c) It is very uncommon.
(d) It happens only twice a year.
13. How do the Romans use war in the second part of The Republic?
(a) Only preservation and resources.
(b) Only preservation and expansion.
(c) Preservation, resources, and expansion.
(d) Only preservation.
14. Where does Romulus gather people from to help start Rome's population?
(a) All of the surrounding villages.
(b) A select amount of the surrounding countries.
(c) A select amount of the surrounding villages.
(d) All of the surrounding countries.
15. Why are most of the politicians in Rome oligarchs?
(a) They have seen how political systems with many leaders in other regions have failed.
(b) They can afford to invest the time needed.
(c) The city cannot find more than a few people that the Romans would elect.
(d) They tried a political system with many leaders and it did not work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
2. How do the surrounding political locations feel about Rome when it is first being created?
3. How is Horatius given a reprieve from the death penalty after his tragic response to his sister's reaction to the battle?
4. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
5. What does Romulus become known as?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)