|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brutus known as in the beginning of the second book?
(a) Brutus the Betrayer.
(b) Brutus the Conqueror.
(c) Brutus the Liberator.
(d) Brutus the Destroyer.
2. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
3. How many years is Rome a Republic before other well known governments are established, such as Athens and Sparta?
(a) About 120 years.
(b) About 320 years.
(c) About 400 years.
(d) About 200 years.
4. How do the senators show their fear for the people's increasing awareness of the debt crisis?
(a) They attempt to create new laws for time payments.
(b) They resign.
(c) They stay away.
(d) They attempt to talk with the people more directly.
5. What kinds of rights are the women promised when Rome is first beginning?
(a) More rights than were common for Roman wives.
(b) Less rights than were common for Roman wives.
(c) All of the rights proper to Roman wives.
(d) None of the rights proper to Roman wives.
6. What do the Volscians continue to be for Rome during the time of two consuls?
(a) A major opponent of Rome.
(b) A source of food for Rome.
(c) A source of work for Rome.
(d) A major ally of Rome.
7. How attentive to the people's needs are the oligarchic rulers?
(a) It depends on the cirumstances.
(b) It is impossible for them to be attentive to them.
(c) They are always attentive to them by choice.
(d) They are rarely attentive to them by choice.
8. How common is the interaction between human and divine beings in Ancient Rome, according to Livy?
(a) It happens only once a year.
(b) It happens only twice a year.
(c) It is very uncommon.
(d) It is very common.
9. What is the population of Rome estimated to be during first part of The Patricians at Bay?
(a) 49, 714.
(b) 104, 714.
(c) 94, 714.
(d) 140, 714.
10. What does the group, the Aurunci, consist of?
(a) Just one country.
(b) Just one town.
(c) More than one town.
(d) More than one country.
11. How does a leader's presence or absence on the battlefield affect the troops fighting in a war?
(a) The troops begin to lose morale if a leader is present.
(b) The troops mostly prefer to be led by a soldier, rather than a military/political leader.
(c) The troops fight the same whether a leader is present or not.
(d) The troops begin to lose morale if a leader is absent.
12. According to Livy, how much of a difference was there between the rich and the poor early in Rome's history?
(a) No difference.
(b) Rome had no wealthy people in its beginnings.
(c) Not very much difference.
(d) A huge difference.
13. Although it is a decisive Roman victory, what are the total losses on both sides of the war that results in one of the consuls being injured, and the other being beheaded?
(a) Between eight and nine thousand men.
(b) Between nine and ten thousand men.
(c) Between eleven and twelve thousand men.
(d) Between fourteen and fifteen thousand men.
14. How long does Pompilius rule over Rome?
(a) Fifty-three years.
(b) Twenty-three years.
(c) Thirty-three years.
(d) Forty-three years.
15. How many days are taken to contemplate the origin of the lights in the sky that are seen after a military campaign?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
2. What Latin city does Rome conquer in order to further increase its population?
3. Who does the slave turn the information of the conspiracy over to?
4. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
5. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)