|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is made to honor Cloelia's bravery?
(a) A plaque.
(b) A painting of her portrait.
(c) A statue.
(d) An official day of recognition.
2. Why are most of the politicians in Rome oligarchs?
(a) They can afford to invest the time needed.
(b) They tried a political system with many leaders and it did not work.
(c) The city cannot find more than a few people that the Romans would elect.
(d) They have seen how political systems with many leaders in other regions have failed.
3. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
4. How long does the creation and establishment of Rome take?
5. What is a difficulty that the author encounters while writing about the history of Rome?
(a) The language.
(b) Exaggeration of facts.
(c) The origins.
(d) Omission of facts.
6. How do the political leaders of Rome gain the support of the people early on?
(a) By successfully predicting the outcome of the wars they wage.
(b) By avoiding the wars they wage.
(c) By following the advice of established military leaders.
(d) By serving in the military along with the soldiers.
7. How is Horatius given a reprieve from the death penalty after his tragic response to his sister's reaction to the battle?
(a) He is found innocent of all charges.
(b) The senate does not want to lose him as a soldier.
(c) He is considered to have been in an abnormal state after the battle.
(d) No witnesses will testify against him.
8. Where does Romulus gather people from to help start Rome's population?
(a) A select amount of the surrounding villages.
(b) All of the surrounding villages.
(c) A select amount of the surrounding countries.
(d) All of the surrounding countries.
9. How many tribes does Rome have at this point in their history in the second part of The Republic?
(a) Thirty one.
(b) Fifty one.
(c) Twenty one.
(d) Forty one.
10. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
11. What is the population of Rome estimated to be during first part of The Patricians at Bay?
(a) 104, 714.
(b) 94, 714.
(c) 49, 714.
(d) 140, 714.
12. How long did Romulus rule for?
(a) Seventeen years.
(b) Thirty-seven years.
(c) Forty-seven years.
(d) Twenty-seven years.
13. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
14. How is the problem of debt described?
(a) As a past social problem.
(b) As a manageable civil and social problem.
(c) As a past civil problem..
(d) As an unmanageable civil and social problem.
15. What do some of the creditors do to make the situation worse?
(a) They exploit the debtors.
(b) They refuse to accept repayment of the debts owed to them.
(c) They try to take property away from the debtors.
(d) They attack the debtors physically.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
2. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
3. Who does the slave turn the information of the conspiracy over to?
4. What do the people do when creditors attempt to collect repayment in the courts?
5. How does Rome use the Dictatorship during The Republic?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)