|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pompilius primarily focus on?
(a) Granting more power to himself.
(b) Granting more power to the senate.
(c) Eliminating the culture of Rome.
(d) Civilizing the culture of Rome.
2. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are half-brothers.
(c) They are fraternal twins.
(d) They are identical twins.
3. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
(a) The Bulgarians.
(b) The Albanians.
(c) The Turks.
(d) The Greeks.
4. What never changes, according to the opening of The Patricians at Bay?
(b) The way politics are handled.
(c) The way wars are fought.
(d) Human nature.
5. How does Rome use the Dictatorship during The Republic?
(a) It replaces the consul.
(c) Only as needed.
(d) Every other year.
6. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
(a) Neither warlike nor peaceful.
(b) Both warlike and peaceful.
(c) Mainly peaceful.
(d) Mainly warlike.
7. How many debtors agree to sign up for the military the second time that the government asks them to?
(a) A quarter of them.
(b) All of them.
(d) Half of them.
8. How many days are taken to contemplate the origin of the lights in the sky that are seen after a military campaign?
9. How do the Romans use war in the second part of The Republic?
(a) Only preservation.
(b) Only preservation and resources.
(c) Preservation, resources, and expansion.
(d) Only preservation and expansion.
10. How do the senators show their fear for the people's increasing awareness of the debt crisis?
(a) They attempt to create new laws for time payments.
(b) They stay away.
(c) They attempt to talk with the people more directly.
(d) They resign.
11. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
12. According to Livy, what is the one thing that is needed for all politicians to be elected into office?
(a) Monetary backing.
(b) Respected ancestors.
(c) Financial skills.
(d) People skills.
13. How does Livy describe Tarquin's rule over Rome?
14. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
(a) He is appointed.
(b) By forfeit.
(d) In a split decision.
15. How does the slave described in the beginning of Rome's new consul learn of the conspirators' plans?
(a) He overhears their conversation while passing them on the street.
(b) He knows another slave who has overheard their conversation.
(c) He works for one of the conspirators.
(d) He knows another slave who works for one of the conspirators.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Latin city does Rome conquer in order to further increase its population?
2. Although it is a decisive Roman victory, what are the total losses on both sides of the war that results in one of the consuls being injured, and the other being beheaded?
3. What does the group of pacifists call themselves?
4. How long does the creation and establishment of Rome take?
5. How many tribes does Rome have at this point in their history in the second part of The Republic?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)