|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the women in Rome factor into the wars during Rome and the Patricians?
(a) They are involved, but not on the front lines.
(b) They are the reason for the wars being fought.
(c) They are on the front lines along with the men.
(d) They are kept away from them.
2. How is the civil strife in Rome managed?
(a) A military leader raises troops that side with the senate.
(b) A military leader raises troops that side with the slaves.
(c) A military leader raises troops that side with the consul.
(d) A military leader raises troops that side with the tribune.
3. How does Hostilius consider Pompilius's culture to be?
4. What is the state of the Roman Republic at the end of the second part of Rome and the Patricians?
(a) The senate is eliminated.
(b) The tribunes are eliminated.
(c) The consuls are eliminated.
(d) The military is eliminated.
5. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the slave given for his role in preventing the conspiracy?
2. Why are slaves not considered part of the plebian class?
3. What is made to honor Cloelia's bravery?
4. Who authored The Sibylline Books?
5. How does Camillus establish his reputation?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)