|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years after the Estrucans and the Sabines fought Rome do the Volscians and the Aequins also position themselves against the city?
(a) Two hundred and fifty.
(b) One hundred.
(d) Two hundred.
2. Which one of the following is not an event that is included in the book as an ominous sign for Rome?
(a) Fire in the sky.
(b) A talking cow.
(c) A volcanic eruption.
(d) Extensive flooding of the rivers.
3. What happens when the allies arrive in Rome at the end of Rome and the Patricians?
(a) A new party stakes a claim on the land.
(b) A new party agrees to replace Rome as the mediator.
(c) The allies decide they no longer need Rome's assistance.
(d) Rome refuses to allow them entrance.
4. What causes the Volscians to aid a Roman party?
(a) A financial dispute.
(b) A matrimonial dispute.
(c) A political dispute.
(d) A military dispute.
5. How do the senators feel about the practices of the decemvirs?
(a) They ignore them.
(b) They support them.
(c) They do not understand them.
(d) They oppose them.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
2. What does the group, the Aurunci, consist of?
3. What types of questions warranted the Etruscans' knowledge?
4. What do the leaders have mixed feelings about, as a result of the slaves' revolt?
5. How does a leader's presence or absence on the battlefield affect the troops fighting in a war?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)