|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Camillus attempt to gain revenge against Gaul?
(a) By outmaneuvering them during a battle.
(b) By surprising them with an attack.
(c) By outnumbering them during a battle.
(d) By attacking them himself.
2. What is the state of politics in Chapter 3 of Rome and the Patricians?
3. What do the allies hope Rome will provide for them in their dispute?
(a) A different city to conquer.
(b) A different place to battle over.
(c) A different solution.
(d) A different problem.
4. Who authored The Sibylline Books?
(a) A Roman consul.
(b) A Roman working man.
(c) It is unknown.
(d) A Roman working woman.
5. What is the controversial yet effective way that Postumius dies?
(a) He is dragged through the streets by his soldiers.
(b) He is stoned to death by his soldiers.
(c) He is stoned to death by the people.
(d) He is dragged through the streets by the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Volscians continue to be for Rome during the time of two consuls?
2. How long do the Romans evacuate the city because of the pestilence and illness?
3. What does Cloelia do when she is held hostage for the second time?
4. What part of the government featured a strong military contingent?
5. What threat causes the senate to offer debtors a relief from their debts if they agree to serve in the military?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)