|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Postumia disguise her disposition?
(a) With politeness.
(b) With deception.
(c) With humor.
(d) With rudeness.
2. How do the decemvirs respond to outside enemies?
(a) They are shaken.
(b) They are optimistic.
(c) They are emboldened.
(d) They are angered.
3. How attentive to the people's needs are the oligarchic rulers?
(a) They are rarely attentive to them by choice.
(b) It is impossible for them to be attentive to them.
(c) They are always attentive to them by choice.
(d) It depends on the cirumstances.
4. How do the slaves revolt in Rome?
(a) They are assisited by other forces.
(b) They are assisted by the military.
(c) They are working alone.
(d) They are assisted by the people.
5. What part of the government featured a strong military contingent?
(a) The consuls.
(b) The senate.
(c) The plebians.
(d) The tribunes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for the dispute of Rome's allies?
2. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
3. What is a difficulty that the author encounters while writing about the history of Rome?
4. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
5. How many debtors agree to sign up for the military the second time that the government asks them to?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)