|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the crisis that the decemvirs face?
(a) A threat from the people of Rome.
(b) A threat from the military of Rome.
(c) A threat from other cities.
(d) A threat from the senators.
2. What does Romulus become known as?
(a) The destruction of Rome.
(b) The preservation of Rome.
(c) The foundation of Rome.
(d) The direction of Rome.
3. What introduces the idea of different classes being allowed to marry?
(a) A petition by the people.
(b) A protest by the people.
(c) Pressures from other regions.
(d) A new legislation.
4. What threat causes the senate to offer debtors a relief from their debts if they agree to serve in the military?
(a) The threat of the Nervians.
(b) The threat of the Tungrians.
(c) The threat of the Volscians.
(d) The threat of the Batavians.
5. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
(a) The Umbrians.
(b) The Etruscans.
(c) The Venetians.
(d) The Ligurians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the conspiracy that is mentioned at the end of the first section in War & Politics?
2. What are the people chastised for after the rule of the decemvirs ends?
3. What does Claudius encourage Rome to consider in a lengthy speech?
4. What part of Livy's tone is consistent throughout the book?
5. How attentive to the people's needs are the oligarchic rulers?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)