|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people do when creditors attempt to collect repayment in the courts?
(a) They file lawsuits against the creditors in retaliation.
(b) They protest the government by holding big rallies.
(c) They encourage debtors not to attend the court proceedings.
(d) They form mobs to protect the debtors.
2. Who does Postumius have trouble cooperating with in the military?
(a) Those of inferior rank.
(b) Those of superior rank.
(c) Those of equal rank.
(d) The consuls.
3. What does Pompilius primarily focus on?
(a) Civilizing the culture of Rome.
(b) Eliminating the culture of Rome.
(c) Granting more power to the senate.
(d) Granting more power to himself.
4. How many days are taken to contemplate the origin of the lights in the sky that are seen after a military campaign?
5. According to Livy, how much of a difference was there between the rich and the poor early in Rome's history?
(a) No difference.
(b) Rome had no wealthy people in its beginnings.
(c) Not very much difference.
(d) A huge difference.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Pompilius rule over Rome?
2. How is Horatius given a reprieve from the death penalty after his tragic response to his sister's reaction to the battle?
3. Who are the main perpetrators of the mass hysteria surrounding the battles the Romans fight in?
4. What is the reason for Tarquin's failure at attempting to retake control of Rome?
5. What do the Volscians continue to be for Rome during the time of two consuls?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)