|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the Roman military to face the possibility of defeat?
(a) Dissension among the soldiers.
(b) A neigboring region with a larger military.
(c) A neighboring region with a larger supply of weaponry.
(d) Dissension among the military leaders.
2. How is Rome's decision at the end of Rome and the Patricians received?
(a) It is met with anger.
(b) It is met with confusion.
(c) It is met with cynicism.
(d) It is met with support.
3. How many days are taken to contemplate the origin of the lights in the sky that are seen after a military campaign?
4. What do the opponents of intermarriage fear?
(a) Further attempts to change the definition of marriage even more.
(b) The unintended economic consequences.
(c) The decline of the Roman culture.
(d) The government's loss of control.
5. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
(b) By forfeit.
(c) In a split decision.
(d) He is appointed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the role of the tribunes?
2. What are the people chastised for after the rule of the decemvirs ends?
3. What procedure does Ancus re-institute?
4. What role do the decemvirs have in the Republic at the start of the fourth book?
5. Although it is a decisive Roman victory, what are the total losses on both sides of the war that results in one of the consuls being injured, and the other being beheaded?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)