|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cloelia do when she is held hostage for the second time?
(a) She oversees a group of boy hostages.
(b) She oversees the food supply for the hostages.
(c) She oversees a group of girl hostages.
(d) She oversees another escape by the hostages.
2. What procedure does Ancus re-institute?
(a) The declaration of war.
(b) The declaration of peace.
(c) An election by the senate.
(d) An election by the people.
3. How many classes were originally listed by Servilius?
4. What is unique about Lucius Tarquitius?
(a) He does not own a horse.
(b) He does not live in Rome.
(c) He is a soldier for three separate armies.
(d) He works among the common people and in the government.
5. Much later, what does Plato encourage the women of Athens to do?
(a) Run for public office.
(b) Begin moving away from the city.
(c) Create a militia.
(d) Begin outnumbering the men.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
2. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
3. What are the women of Rome given after they are asked to pay off the Gauls?
4. How many years is Rome a Republic before other well known governments are established, such as Athens and Sparta?
5. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)