|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Roman citizens retreat to after Gaul takes over the city?
2. How is Horatius given a reprieve from the death penalty after his tragic response to his sister's reaction to the battle?
(a) The senate does not want to lose him as a soldier.
(b) No witnesses will testify against him.
(c) He is found innocent of all charges.
(d) He is considered to have been in an abnormal state after the battle.
3. What procedure does Ancus re-institute?
(a) An election by the people.
(b) An election by the senate.
(c) The declaration of peace.
(d) The declaration of war.
4. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
(a) The Bulgarians.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The Albanians.
(d) The Greeks.
5. How many men with axes govern over the people of Rome as Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians ends?
(b) Twenty five.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the surrounding political locations feel about Rome when it is first being created?
2. What happens when the allies arrive in Rome at the end of Rome and the Patricians?
3. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
4. What do the Volscians continue to be for Rome during the time of two consuls?
5. How many years is a consul given to serve when the position is first created?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)