|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of questions warranted the Etruscans' knowledge?
(a) Questions that were hypothetical in nature.
(b) Questions that had more than one possible answer.
(c) Questions that required a historical knowledge of the areas.
(d) Questions that needed prophecy to be answered.
2. Which one of the following is not an example of something that The Sibylline Books are known for?
(a) Their prophetic knowledge.
(b) Their solutions to mathematical problems.
(c) Their special knowledge.
(d) Their solutions to trying circcumstances.
3. What is made to honor Cloelia's bravery?
(a) A statue.
(b) An official day of recognition.
(c) A plaque.
(d) A painting of her portrait.
4. What never changes, according to the opening of The Patricians at Bay?
(b) Human nature.
(c) The way politics are handled.
(d) The way wars are fought.
5. How many tribes does Rome have at this point in their history in the second part of The Republic?
(a) Thirty one.
(b) Forty one.
(c) Fifty one.
(d) Twenty one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Rome's decision at the end of Rome and the Patricians received?
2. According to Livy, what is the one thing that is needed for all politicians to be elected into office?
3. What is the reason for Tarquin's failure at attempting to retake control of Rome?
4. Who does Quinctius lead the military against?
5. What is the reason for the dispute of Rome's allies?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)