|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the women in Rome factor into the wars during Rome and the Patricians?
(a) They are kept away from them.
(b) They are on the front lines along with the men.
(c) They are the reason for the wars being fought.
(d) They are involved, but not on the front lines.
2. How does Camillus attempt to gain revenge against Gaul?
(a) By outnumbering them during a battle.
(b) By surprising them with an attack.
(c) By outmaneuvering them during a battle.
(d) By attacking them himself.
3. Who does Quinctius lead the military against?
(a) The Ligurians.
(b) The Venetians.
(c) The Aequians.
(d) The Calabrians.
4. What is the general tone of the author's style?
(b) Factual and accessible.
(c) Theoretical and entertaining.
5. How many tribes does Rome have at this point in their history in the second part of The Republic?
(a) Thirty one.
(b) Fifty one.
(c) Twenty one.
(d) Forty one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Romulus rule for?
2. What situation is the most common setting for a Dictator to be named of Rome?
3. How many days are taken to contemplate the origin of the lights in the sky that are seen after a military campaign?
4. What result does the death of King Romulus have on Rome?
5. How does Hostilius consider Pompilius's culture to be?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)