|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about Lucius Tarquitius?
(a) He works among the common people and in the government.
(b) He does not own a horse.
(c) He does not live in Rome.
(d) He is a soldier for three separate armies.
2. How long does the creation and establishment of Rome take?
3. How many introductory pieces are there that precede the main text of the book?
4. What do some of the creditors do to make the situation worse?
(a) They attack the debtors physically.
(b) They exploit the debtors.
(c) They refuse to accept repayment of the debts owed to them.
(d) They try to take property away from the debtors.
5. What do the leaders have mixed feelings about, as a result of the slaves' revolt?
(a) Disarming the people.
(b) Imposing a curfew.
(c) Eliminating the curfew.
(d) Arming the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the tribunes given their office?
2. What causes Servilius and Appius to become unpopular with the Romans?
3. How does Rome use the Dictatorship during The Republic?
4. What do the Romans surprisingly do after Cloelia successfully escapes from Porsena?
5. How long does Pompilius rule over Rome?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)