|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do the Romans evacuate the city because of the pestilence and illness?
(a) Five years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Three years.
2. What is the crisis that the decemvirs face?
(a) A threat from the people of Rome.
(b) A threat from other cities.
(c) A threat from the military of Rome.
(d) A threat from the senators.
3. How do the women stop the first known war between the inhabitants of Rome?
(a) They position themselves between the opposing armies.
(b) They speak to Romulus and convince him to stop it.
(c) They threaten to leave the city forever.
(d) They sign a petition and bring it to Romulus.
4. How is Rome's decision at the end of Rome and the Patricians received?
(a) It is met with cynicism.
(b) It is met with support.
(c) It is met with anger.
(d) It is met with confusion.
5. What does the group of pacifists call themselves?
(a) The peace coalition.
(b) The anti-war coalition.
(c) The anti-war party.
(d) The peace party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about Postumia that offends some people?
2. Much later, what does Plato encourage the women of Athens to do?
3. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
4. What is the population of Rome estimated to be during first part of The Patricians at Bay?
5. Why does Postumius shockingly threaten his men?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)