|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Postumia disguise her disposition?
(a) With deception.
(b) With rudeness.
(c) With politeness.
(d) With humor.
2. According to Claudius, what is the real trouble in Rome?
(a) The senate's tendency to expand the separation between classes.
(b) The people's tendency to expand the separation between classes.
(c) The tribune's tendency to expand the separation between classes.
(d) The consuls' tendency to expand the separation between classes.
3. What serious problem do the Romans turn to religion for help with?
(a) The financial burden of debts.
(b) The fear of the lights in the sky.
(c) The plague.
(d) The wars.
4. What is it about Postumia that offends some people?
(a) The way she isolates herself.
(b) The way she adorns herself.
(c) Her family's reputation.
(d) Her questionable wealth.
5. According to Livy, how much of a difference was there between the rich and the poor early in Rome's history?
(a) A huge difference.
(b) No difference.
(c) Not very much difference.
(d) Rome had no wealthy people in its beginnings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
2. How many men with axes govern over the people of Rome as Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians ends?
3. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
4. What role do the decemvirs have in the Republic at the start of the fourth book?
5. What decision does Rome make at the end of Rome and the Patricians?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)