|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What procedure does Ancus re-institute?
(a) The declaration of war.
(b) The declaration of peace.
(c) An election by the senate.
(d) An election by the people.
2. What role do the decemvirs have in the Republic at the start of the fourth book?
(a) They have been removed.
(b) They have been forced to serve in the military.
(c) They have been demoted.
(d) They have been reduced to working men.
3. Much later, what does Plato encourage the women of Athens to do?
(a) Begin moving away from the city.
(b) Run for public office.
(c) Create a militia.
(d) Begin outnumbering the men.
4. What is the population of Rome estimated to be during first part of The Patricians at Bay?
(a) 49, 714.
(b) 140, 714.
(c) 104, 714.
(d) 94, 714.
5. What type of pirates delay Camillus's quest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Romans surprisingly do after Cloelia successfully escapes from Porsena?
2. How many years is a consul given to serve when the position is first created?
3. How does a leader's presence or absence on the battlefield affect the troops fighting in a war?
4. Who are Marcus Genucius and Gaius Curtius?
5. Which of the following is a solution offered by The Sibylline Books?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)