|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason for Tarquin's failure at attempting to retake control of Rome?
(a) Tarquin lacks the number of men needed to battle Rome.
(b) Tarquin does not allow his men to rest, so they are too tired to fight Rome.
(c) The people's fear of Brutus.
(d) The support of the people for Brutus.
2. How long does the creation and establishment of Rome take?
3. How many tribes does Rome have at this point in their history in the second part of The Republic?
(a) Fifty one.
(b) Twenty one.
(c) Forty one.
(d) Thirty one.
4. How is Postumia described?
(a) Reserved and dressed unattractively.
(b) Reserved and dressed attractively.
(c) Outspoken and dressed attractively.
(d) Outspoken and dressed unattractively.
5. What does Romulus become known as?
(a) The destruction of Rome.
(b) The direction of Rome.
(c) The foundation of Rome.
(d) The preservation of Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
2. What are the people chastised for after the rule of the decemvirs ends?
3. How does a leader's presence or absence on the battlefield affect the troops fighting in a war?
4. How does Rome use the Dictatorship during The Republic?
5. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)