|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who authored The Sibylline Books?
(a) A Roman working woman.
(b) It is unknown.
(c) A Roman working man.
(d) A Roman consul.
2. What year does the section War & Politics begin?
(a) 544 BC.
(b) 234 BC.
(c) 345 BC.
(d) 445 BC.
3. What does Cloelia do when she is held hostage for the second time?
(a) She oversees another escape by the hostages.
(b) She oversees the food supply for the hostages.
(c) She oversees a group of boy hostages.
(d) She oversees a group of girl hostages.
4. What is considered a shortcoming that the advocates of intermarriage want to overcome?
5. According to Claudius, what is the real trouble in Rome?
(a) The senate's tendency to expand the separation between classes.
(b) The consuls' tendency to expand the separation between classes.
(c) The people's tendency to expand the separation between classes.
(d) The tribune's tendency to expand the separation between classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
2. What do the Volscians continue to be for Rome during the time of two consuls?
3. How do the Romans use war in the second part of The Republic?
4. How common is the interaction between human and divine beings in Ancient Rome, according to Livy?
5. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)