|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Livy, how is the rebuilding of Rome done after the Romans decide to stay?
2. What is the conspiracy that is mentioned at the end of the first section in War & Politics?
(a) A violent protest by the advocates of intermarriage.
(b) A plot to overthrow the government.
(c) A plot to restore the monarchy.
(d) Another revolt by the slaves.
3. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
(a) That there will no longer be elections.
(b) That there will be no more Kings.
(c) That the elections will happen every four years.
(d) That he be declared King.
4. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
(a) The Umbrians.
(b) The Ligurians.
(c) The Etruscans.
(d) The Venetians.
5. Which one of the following is not an example of something that The Sibylline Books are known for?
(a) Their solutions to trying circcumstances.
(b) Their solutions to mathematical problems.
(c) Their special knowledge.
(d) Their prophetic knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the slave turn the information of the conspiracy over to?
2. According to Livy, what is the one thing that is needed for all politicians to be elected into office?
3. How is the problem of debt described?
4. What type of pirates delay Camillus's quest?
5. How many years is Rome a Republic before other well known governments are established, such as Athens and Sparta?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)