|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are women and children not considered part of the plebian class?
(a) They cannot join the military.
(b) They are not politicians.
(c) They do not have enough money.
(d) They cannot vote.
2. Why are most of the politicians in Rome oligarchs?
(a) They have seen how political systems with many leaders in other regions have failed.
(b) They can afford to invest the time needed.
(c) They tried a political system with many leaders and it did not work.
(d) The city cannot find more than a few people that the Romans would elect.
3. Who authored The Sibylline Books?
(a) It is unknown.
(b) A Roman working man.
(c) A Roman consul.
(d) A Roman working woman.
4. What do the Volscians continue to be for Rome during the time of two consuls?
(a) A major ally of Rome.
(b) A source of work for Rome.
(c) A source of food for Rome.
(d) A major opponent of Rome.
5. Which one of the following is not an event that is included in the book as an ominous sign for Rome?
(a) Fire in the sky.
(b) A talking cow.
(c) A volcanic eruption.
(d) Extensive flooding of the rivers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How have the allies been fighting their war until they seek a mediator for it?
2. What does the group of pacifists call themselves?
3. How does the government pay for the military?
4. How does Rome use the Dictatorship during The Republic?
5. What is the slave given for his role in preventing the conspiracy?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)