|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the nature of the decemvirs' politics described?
(a) Legal, but ineffective.
(b) Illegal and ineffective.
(c) Legal, but unethical.
(d) Illegal, but effective.
2. Why are most of the politicians in Rome oligarchs?
(a) They have seen how political systems with many leaders in other regions have failed.
(b) They can afford to invest the time needed.
(c) They tried a political system with many leaders and it did not work.
(d) The city cannot find more than a few people that the Romans would elect.
3. What situation is the most common setting for a Dictator to be named of Rome?
(a) A financial crisis.
(b) A shortage of supplies.
(c) A war.
(d) Civil unrest.
4. How many years is a consul given to serve when the position is first created?
5. What do the Romans do as a way to deal with the debt problem once it becomes more intense?
(a) They hold private meetings.
(b) They try to borrow money from other neighboring regions.
(c) They hold public meetings.
(d) They try to borrow money from other neighboring countries.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Postumia described?
2. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
3. What is the conspiracy that is mentioned at the end of the first section in War & Politics?
4. How does Postumia disguise her disposition?
5. What is the state of the Roman Republic at the end of the second part of Rome and the Patricians?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)