|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the civil strife in Rome managed?
(a) A military leader raises troops that side with the consul.
(b) A military leader raises troops that side with the tribune.
(c) A military leader raises troops that side with the slaves.
(d) A military leader raises troops that side with the senate.
2. What does Rome's decision in Chapter 3 of Rome and the Patricians illustrate?
(a) Rome's naivety.
(b) Rome's power.
(c) Rome's weakness.
(d) Rome's politics.
3. What role do the decemvirs have in the Republic at the start of the fourth book?
(a) They have been reduced to working men.
(b) They have been removed.
(c) They have been demoted.
(d) They have been forced to serve in the military.
4. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
5. What causes Servilius and Appius to become unpopular with the Romans?
(a) The consul does not keep their word with the debtors.
(b) The consul only lends half of the debtors the money needed to pay their debts.
(c) The consul attempts to collect the debts owed on the creditors' behalf.
(d) The consul continues to ignore the creditors' unfair treatment of debtors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many simultaneous campaigns do the Romans attempt to have enough troops to serve in?
2. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
3. What do the people do when creditors attempt to collect repayment in the courts?
4. According to Livy, what is the one thing that is needed for all politicians to be elected into office?
5. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)