|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Camillus establish his reputation?
(a) Through trade agreements with other countries.
(b) Through political victories.
(c) Through military victories.
(d) Through trade agreements with other regions.
2. Why are slaves not considered part of the plebian class?
(a) They do not have enough money.
(b) They cannot vote.
(c) They cannot join the military.
(d) They are not polticians.
3. How are the Sabine people described in the book?
(a) They are a recurrent opponent of Rome.
(b) They are not aware of Rome at the time the book was written.
(c) They ignore Rome until they are attacked.
(d) They are recurrent allies of Rome.
4. What types of questions warranted the Etruscans' knowledge?
(a) Questions that needed prophecy to be answered.
(b) Questions that had more than one possible answer.
(c) Questions that required a historical knowledge of the areas.
(d) Questions that were hypothetical in nature.
5. Which of the following is a solution offered by The Sibylline Books?
(a) A game involving a chicken.
(b) Silence between the people of a city for one day.
(c) Climbing a mountain.
(d) Setting out couches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is considered a shortcoming that the advocates of intermarriage want to overcome?
2. What decision does Rome make at the end of Rome and the Patricians?
3. What causes Servilius and Appius to become unpopular with the Romans?
4. How does the government pay for the military?
5. How many debtors agree to sign up for the military the second time that the government asks them to?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)