|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What level of involvement do the leaders have in the war that featured debtors who agreed to fight in exchange for their debt being resolved?
(a) They refuse to participate.
(b) They temporarily leave Rome to avoid participating.
(c) They participate by positioning themselves near the battles.
(d) They actively participate.
2. How do the women stop the first known war between the inhabitants of Rome?
(a) They position themselves between the opposing armies.
(b) They speak to Romulus and convince him to stop it.
(c) They sign a petition and bring it to Romulus.
(d) They threaten to leave the city forever.
3. What role do the decemvirs have in the Republic at the start of the fourth book?
(a) They have been removed.
(b) They have been demoted.
(c) They have been reduced to working men.
(d) They have been forced to serve in the military.
4. How is the problem of debt described?
(a) As a past civil problem..
(b) As a past social problem.
(c) As a manageable civil and social problem.
(d) As an unmanageable civil and social problem.
5. How does a leader's presence or absence on the battlefield affect the troops fighting in a war?
(a) The troops begin to lose morale if a leader is present.
(b) The troops begin to lose morale if a leader is absent.
(c) The troops mostly prefer to be led by a soldier, rather than a military/political leader.
(d) The troops fight the same whether a leader is present or not.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is considered a shortcoming that the advocates of intermarriage want to overcome?
2. Why does Postumius shockingly threaten his men?
3. How many days are taken to contemplate the origin of the lights in the sky that are seen after a military campaign?
4. How is the civil strife in Rome managed?
5. How long does the creation and establishment of Rome take?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)