|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some of the creditors do to make the situation worse?
(a) They exploit the debtors.
(b) They try to take property away from the debtors.
(c) They attack the debtors physically.
(d) They refuse to accept repayment of the debts owed to them.
2. As Part 2 of The Republic begins, what is a main focus of Rome's culture?
(a) The Romans are trying to make the city less sophisticated.
(b) The Romans are expanding their culture to include traits of other regions.
(c) The Romans are reducing the influence of other regions in their culture.
(d) The Romans are trying to make the city more sophisticated.
3. Where do the Roman citizens retreat to after Gaul takes over the city?
4. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
(a) The Albanians.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The Bulgarians.
(d) The Greeks.
5. What do the Romans label the class that exhibits wealth and power?
(a) The patricians.
(b) The superiors.
(c) The plebians.
(d) The elitists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Etruscans advanced in?
2. Where do the senators go as the decemvirs take control of Rome?
3. How do the women in Rome factor into the wars during Rome and the Patricians?
4. According to Livy, what is the one thing that is needed for all politicians to be elected into office?
5. What type of pirates delay Camillus's quest?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)