|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of rights are the women promised when Rome is first beginning?
(a) Less rights than were common for Roman wives.
(b) All of the rights proper to Roman wives.
(c) More rights than were common for Roman wives.
(d) None of the rights proper to Roman wives.
2. What is the reason for the dispute of Rome's allies?
(a) It is a civil war.
(b) It is a revolt against the governments of the allies.
(c) It is a dispute over territory.
(d) It is a political dispute.
3. What situation is the most common setting for a Dictator to be named of Rome?
(a) Civil unrest.
(b) A shortage of supplies.
(c) A financial crisis.
(d) A war.
4. What threat causes the senate to offer debtors a relief from their debts if they agree to serve in the military?
(a) The threat of the Nervians.
(b) The threat of the Batavians.
(c) The threat of the Volscians.
(d) The threat of the Tungrians.
5. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is made to honor Cloelia's bravery?
2. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
3. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
4. How does the town of Pometia almost defeat the Romans?
5. Where do the senators go as the decemvirs take control of Rome?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)