|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it about Postumia that offends some people?
(a) The way she adorns herself.
(b) Her family's reputation.
(c) Her questionable wealth.
(d) The way she isolates herself.
2. How does Livy describe Tarquin's rule over Rome?
3. During the time of Rome and the Patricians, how is the military generally used?
(a) In response to attacks.
(b) In response to threats.
(c) To control the government.
(d) To control the city's people.
4. How do the people view the senators' fear of the crowds resulting from the debt problem the city faces?
(a) They ignore it.
(b) They view it as negative.
(c) They are confused by it.
(d) They view it as positive.
5. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following best describes the state of the Roman Republic during the time described in Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians?
2. How many allies of Rome need mediation for their dispute?
3. Where do the senators go as the decemvirs take control of Rome?
4. What happens when the allies arrive in Rome at the end of Rome and the Patricians?
5. What do the Volscians continue to be for Rome during the time of two consuls?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)