|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the crisis that the decemvirs face?
(a) A threat from the people of Rome.
(b) A threat from the military of Rome.
(c) A threat from the senators.
(d) A threat from other cities.
2. How are the tribunes given their office?
(a) They are appointed by the dictator.
(b) They are appointed by the consuls.
(c) They are elected by the people.
(d) They are appointed by the senate.
3. Why does Postumius shockingly threaten his men?
(a) To join another army's fight.
(b) To intentionally lose a battle.
(c) To betray Rome.
(d) To harbor a secret.
4. Why are slaves not considered part of the plebian class?
(a) They cannot vote.
(b) They cannot join the military.
(c) They do not have enough money.
(d) They are not polticians.
5. What is the state of the allies when they approach Rome for mediation?
(a) They are confused by Rome's current political structure.
(b) They are worn down.
(c) They are angry at Rome.
(d) They are energized.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
2. What does Pompilius primarily focus on?
3. How long do the Romans evacuate the city because of the pestilence and illness?
4. How common is the interaction between human and divine beings in Ancient Rome, according to Livy?
5. According to Livy, how much of a difference was there between the rich and the poor early in Rome's history?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)