|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the women stop the first known war between the inhabitants of Rome?
(a) They threaten to leave the city forever.
(b) They position themselves between the opposing armies.
(c) They sign a petition and bring it to Romulus.
(d) They speak to Romulus and convince him to stop it.
2. How have the allies been fighting their war until they seek a mediator for it?
(a) Each ally has won and lost frequently.
(b) One ally has won the most battles.
(c) The allies cannot determine who has won or lost the battles.
(d) None of the allies have won a battle.
3. Where is the civil strife in Rome resolved?
(a) The Capitol.
(b) Circus Maximus.
(c) The Roman Arena.
(d) The City Building.
4. How does Hostilius consider Pompilius's culture to be?
5. What does the author tell the reader he is writing about in the first Introduction?
(a) The group of people who traveled through Rome before it was founded.
(b) The first people in Rome that anyone is certain of.
(c) The second group of people to inhabit Rome.
(d) The first people in Rome that cannot be verified.
Short Answer Questions
1. What situation is the most common setting for a Dictator to be named of Rome?
2. What threat causes the senate to offer debtors a relief from their debts if they agree to serve in the military?
3. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
4. What does the group of pacifists call themselves?
5. How are the Sabine people described in the book?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)