|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Livy, how much of a difference was there between the rich and the poor early in Rome's history?
(a) Rome had no wealthy people in its beginnings.
(b) A huge difference.
(c) Not very much difference.
(d) No difference.
2. How does the town of Pometia almost defeat the Romans?
(a) They obtain more advanced weaponry than the Romans.
(b) They surprise the Romans with an army of well trained soldiers.
(c) They attack the Romans using domestic devices.
(d) They outnumber the Romans by a two to one margin.
3. How many meetings with the senators do the decemvirs request?
4. What do the Romans do as a way to deal with the debt problem once it becomes more intense?
(a) They try to borrow money from other neighboring countries.
(b) They hold public meetings.
(c) They try to borrow money from other neighboring regions.
(d) They hold private meetings.
5. Who is the elderly man that brought the issue of debt to the forefront?
(a) A reputable soldier.
(b) A reputable politician.
(c) A former Commander.
(d) A former King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the opponents of intermarriage fear?
2. According to Livy, what is the one thing that is needed for all politicians to be elected into office?
3. How long were the Volscians an enemy of Rome?
4. Why are women and children not considered part of the plebian class?
5. How is Rome's decision at the end of Rome and the Patricians received?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)