|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
2. What kinds of rights are the women promised when Rome is first beginning?
(a) None of the rights proper to Roman wives.
(b) More rights than were common for Roman wives.
(c) All of the rights proper to Roman wives.
(d) Less rights than were common for Roman wives.
3. What is used to support the advocates of intermarriage?
(a) The failure of other regions who do not have intermarriage.
(b) The previous integration of other regions by Rome.
(c) The success of intermarriage in other regions.
(d) The previous design of the social classes by Rome.
4. What is the reason given for why parents are eventually allowed to move into Rome?
(a) To contribute to the economy.
(b) To be closer to relatives.
(c) To be political advisors.
(d) To increase Rome's population even more.
5. How does the slave described in the beginning of Rome's new consul learn of the conspirators' plans?
(a) He knows another slave who works for one of the conspirators.
(b) He overhears their conversation while passing them on the street.
(c) He knows another slave who has overheard their conversation.
(d) He works for one of the conspirators.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Romans do as a way to deal with the debt problem once it becomes more intense?
2. What does Pompilius primarily focus on?
3. How do the surrounding political locations feel about Rome when it is first being created?
4. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
5. How is the nature of the decemvirs' politics described?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)