|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men with axes govern over the people of Rome as Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians ends?
(d) Twenty five.
2. How many tribes does Rome have at this point in their history in the second part of The Republic?
(a) Forty one.
(b) Fifty one.
(c) Thirty one.
(d) Twenty one.
3. In the original book, how many chapter breaks are there in The Republic?
4. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
(a) He is neither admired nor respected.
(b) He is admired, but not respected.
(c) He is admired and respected.
(d) He is respected, but not admired.
5. According to Livy, how much of a difference was there between the rich and the poor early in Rome's history?
(a) A huge difference.
(b) Not very much difference.
(c) No difference.
(d) Rome had no wealthy people in its beginnings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the civil strife in Rome managed?
2. What do the leaders have mixed feelings about, as a result of the slaves' revolt?
3. What does Pompilius primarily focus on?
4. How does the slave described in the beginning of Rome's new consul learn of the conspirators' plans?
5. How many years is a consul given to serve when the position is first created?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)