|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Livy describe Tarquin's rule over Rome?
2. How many allies of Rome need mediation for their dispute?
3. What threat does the revolt of the slaves cause Rome to face?
(a) The institution of martial law.
(b) A civil war.
(c) The overthrow of the government.
(d) Over population.
4. What is the population of Rome estimated to be during first part of The Patricians at Bay?
(a) 49, 714.
(b) 94, 714.
(c) 140, 714.
(d) 104, 714.
5. What are the decemvirs mainly unable to manage?
(a) The military of Rome.
(b) The senators of Rome.
(c) The will of the Roman people.
(d) The financial state of Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are women and children not considered part of the plebian class?
2. How do the women in Rome factor into the wars during Rome and the Patricians?
3. According to Livy, how much of a difference was there between the rich and the poor early in Rome's history?
4. Much later, what does Plato encourage the women of Athens to do?
5. What causes the Roman military to face the possibility of defeat?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)