|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the general tone of the author's style?
(b) Factual and accessible.
(c) Theoretical and entertaining.
2. How was the support of the people viewed by the Kings of early Rome?
(a) As a necessity.
(b) As valuable and easily attainable.
(c) As unnecessary.
(d) As valuable, but not easily attainable.
3. What introduces the idea of different classes being allowed to marry?
(a) A new legislation.
(b) Pressures from other regions.
(c) A protest by the people.
(d) A petition by the people.
4. What happens when the allies arrive in Rome at the end of Rome and the Patricians?
(a) A new party agrees to replace Rome as the mediator.
(b) Rome refuses to allow them entrance.
(c) A new party stakes a claim on the land.
(d) The allies decide they no longer need Rome's assistance.
5. How long does the creation and establishment of Rome take?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the women stop the first known war between the inhabitants of Rome?
2. What is the crisis that the decemvirs face?
3. What is the conspiracy that is mentioned at the end of the first section in War & Politics?
4. During the time of Rome and the Patricians, how is the military generally used?
5. What threat causes the senate to offer debtors a relief from their debts if they agree to serve in the military?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)