|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What threat causes the senate to offer debtors a relief from their debts if they agree to serve in the military?
(a) The threat of the Nervians.
(b) The threat of the Batavians.
(c) The threat of the Tungrians.
(d) The threat of the Volscians.
2. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
3. What is the state of politics in Chapter 3 of Rome and the Patricians?
4. How do the Romans use war in the second part of The Republic?
(a) Only preservation and expansion.
(b) Preservation, resources, and expansion.
(c) Only preservation and resources.
(d) Only preservation.
5. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the people chastised for after the rule of the decemvirs ends?
2. What does Romulus become known as?
3. How does the slave described in the beginning of Rome's new consul learn of the conspirators' plans?
4. What does the group of pacifists call themselves?
5. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)