|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brutus known as in the beginning of the second book?
(a) Brutus the Conqueror.
(b) Brutus the Destroyer.
(c) Brutus the Betrayer.
(d) Brutus the Liberator.
2. What level of involvement do the leaders have in the war that featured debtors who agreed to fight in exchange for their debt being resolved?
(a) They temporarily leave Rome to avoid participating.
(b) They participate by positioning themselves near the battles.
(c) They refuse to participate.
(d) They actively participate.
3. What role do the decemvirs have in the Republic at the start of the fourth book?
(a) They have been demoted.
(b) They have been forced to serve in the military.
(c) They have been reduced to working men.
(d) They have been removed.
4. How was the support of the people viewed by the Kings of early Rome?
(a) As a necessity.
(b) As unnecessary.
(c) As valuable, but not easily attainable.
(d) As valuable and easily attainable.
5. What happens when the allies arrive in Rome at the end of Rome and the Patricians?
(a) The allies decide they no longer need Rome's assistance.
(b) A new party agrees to replace Rome as the mediator.
(c) A new party stakes a claim on the land.
(d) Rome refuses to allow them entrance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the elderly man that brought the issue of debt to the forefront?
2. How many meetings with the senators do the decemvirs request?
3. How is the nature of the decemvirs' politics described?
4. How common is the interaction between human and divine beings in Ancient Rome, according to Livy?
5. How many Tables are there in the Laws that the Romans propose?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)