|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year does the book, Patricians at Bay begin?
(a) 567 BC.
(b) 476 BC.
(c) 467 BC.
(d) 576 BC.
2. What does the group, the Aurunci, consist of?
(a) More than one town.
(b) Just one country.
(c) Just one town.
(d) More than one country.
3. How many days are taken to contemplate the origin of the lights in the sky that are seen after a military campaign?
4. As Part 2 of The Republic begins, what is a main focus of Rome's culture?
(a) The Romans are trying to make the city more sophisticated.
(b) The Romans are expanding their culture to include traits of other regions.
(c) The Romans are trying to make the city less sophisticated.
(d) The Romans are reducing the influence of other regions in their culture.
5. How does Rome use the Dictatorship during The Republic?
(a) It replaces the consul.
(b) Only as needed.
(d) Every other year.
Short Answer Questions
1. How common is the interaction between human and divine beings in Ancient Rome, according to Livy?
2. What does Cloelia do when she is held hostage for the second time?
3. What do the opponents of intermarriage fear?
4. What does Romulus become known as?
5. What causes the Roman military to face the possibility of defeat?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)