|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years after the Estrucans and the Sabines fought Rome do the Volscians and the Aequins also position themselves against the city?
(a) One hundred.
(b) Two hundred.
(d) Two hundred and fifty.
2. What is the real problem the decemvirs have?
(a) They underestimate the power of the Roman people.
(b) They are not prepared for the power they have.
(c) They are overprepared for the power they have.
(d) They underestimate the power of the Roman military.
3. What causes Servilius and Appius to become unpopular with the Romans?
(a) The consul continues to ignore the creditors' unfair treatment of debtors.
(b) The consul does not keep their word with the debtors.
(c) The consul only lends half of the debtors the money needed to pay their debts.
(d) The consul attempts to collect the debts owed on the creditors' behalf.
4. What does Pompilius primarily focus on?
(a) Granting more power to himself.
(b) Eliminating the culture of Rome.
(c) Granting more power to the senate.
(d) Civilizing the culture of Rome.
5. What causes the Roman military to face the possibility of defeat?
(a) Dissension among the military leaders.
(b) A neighboring region with a larger supply of weaponry.
(c) A neigboring region with a larger military.
(d) Dissension among the soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long were the Volscians an enemy of Rome?
2. What result does the death of King Romulus have on Rome?
3. How do the Romans use war in the second part of The Republic?
4. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
5. How do the surrounding political locations feel about Rome when it is first being created?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)