|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the time of Rome and the Patricians, how is the military generally used?
(a) To control the government.
(b) In response to threats.
(c) In response to attacks.
(d) To control the city's people.
2. Why are most of the politicians in Rome oligarchs?
(a) The city cannot find more than a few people that the Romans would elect.
(b) They have seen how political systems with many leaders in other regions have failed.
(c) They can afford to invest the time needed.
(d) They tried a political system with many leaders and it did not work.
3. How many years is Rome a Republic before other well known governments are established, such as Athens and Sparta?
(a) About 320 years.
(b) About 400 years.
(c) About 200 years.
(d) About 120 years.
4. How many years after the Estrucans and the Sabines fought Rome do the Volscians and the Aequins also position themselves against the city?
(a) Two hundred.
(b) Two hundred and fifty.
(d) One hundred.
5. What introduces the idea of different classes being allowed to marry?
(a) Pressures from other regions.
(b) A protest by the people.
(c) A petition by the people.
(d) A new legislation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How attentive to the people's needs are the oligarchic rulers?
2. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
3. How is Horatius given a reprieve from the death penalty after his tragic response to his sister's reaction to the battle?
4. What part of the planet uses laws similar to that of the Romans, based on Judaic philosophy?
5. What result does the death of King Romulus have on Rome?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)