|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Latin city does Rome conquer in order to further increase its population?
2. How are the people of Ardea affected by Rome's new outlook?
(a) They are skeptical.
(b) They are satisfied.
(c) They are unsatisfied.
(d) They are ambivalent.
3. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
(a) He is admired, but not respected.
(b) He is respected, but not admired.
(c) He is admired and respected.
(d) He is neither admired nor respected.
4. How is the civil strife in Rome managed?
(a) A military leader raises troops that side with the tribune.
(b) A military leader raises troops that side with the senate.
(c) A military leader raises troops that side with the consul.
(d) A military leader raises troops that side with the slaves.
5. How are the Sabine people described in the book?
(a) They are recurrent allies of Rome.
(b) They are a recurrent opponent of Rome.
(c) They ignore Rome until they are attacked.
(d) They are not aware of Rome at the time the book was written.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Romans' victory over the Albans, how many total combatant deaths are there?
2. How long does the creation and establishment of Rome take?
3. What does Romulus become known as?
4. What serious problem do the Romans turn to religion for help with?
5. Who does the slave turn the information of the conspiracy over to?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)