|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author tell the reader he is writing about in the first Introduction?
(a) The first people in Rome that anyone is certain of.
(b) The group of people who traveled through Rome before it was founded.
(c) The second group of people to inhabit Rome.
(d) The first people in Rome that cannot be verified.
2. What threat causes the senate to offer debtors a relief from their debts if they agree to serve in the military?
(a) The threat of the Volscians.
(b) The threat of the Batavians.
(c) The threat of the Tungrians.
(d) The threat of the Nervians.
3. How have the allies been fighting their war until they seek a mediator for it?
(a) The allies cannot determine who has won or lost the battles.
(b) None of the allies have won a battle.
(c) Each ally has won and lost frequently.
(d) One ally has won the most battles.
4. Where do the senators go as the decemvirs take control of Rome?
(a) To other cities.
(b) To their country estates.
(c) To fight with the military.
(d) To work among the people.
5. What year does the section War & Politics begin?
(a) 234 BC.
(b) 544 BC.
(c) 345 BC.
(d) 445 BC.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Part 2 of The Republic begins, what is a main focus of Rome's culture?
2. How long do the Romans evacuate the city because of the pestilence and illness?
3. What is unique about Lucius Tarquitius?
4. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
5. What does Rome's decision in Chapter 3 of Rome and the Patricians illustrate?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)