|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the senators show their fear for the people's increasing awareness of the debt crisis?
(a) They attempt to talk with the people more directly.
(b) They resign.
(c) They stay away.
(d) They attempt to create new laws for time payments.
2. What causes Servilius and Appius to become unpopular with the Romans?
(a) The consul attempts to collect the debts owed on the creditors' behalf.
(b) The consul continues to ignore the creditors' unfair treatment of debtors.
(c) The consul does not keep their word with the debtors.
(d) The consul only lends half of the debtors the money needed to pay their debts.
3. What do the Romans surprisingly do after Cloelia successfully escapes from Porsena?
(a) They return her to Porsena.
(b) They refuse to allow her entrance to Rome.
(c) They separate her from her family.
(d) They do not recognize her.
4. What is used to support the advocates of intermarriage?
(a) The previous integration of other regions by Rome.
(b) The failure of other regions who do not have intermarriage.
(c) The previous design of the social classes by Rome.
(d) The success of intermarriage in other regions.
5. What is the reason for the dispute of Rome's allies?
(a) It is a dispute over territory.
(b) It is a political dispute.
(c) It is a civil war.
(d) It is a revolt against the governments of the allies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
2. Who are the main perpetrators of the mass hysteria surrounding the battles the Romans fight in?
3. According to Livy, what is the one thing that is needed for all politicians to be elected into office?
4. What do some of the creditors do to make the situation worse?
5. Which one of the following is not an event that is included in the book as an ominous sign for Rome?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)