|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
(a) That there will be no more Kings.
(b) That there will no longer be elections.
(c) That he be declared King.
(d) That the elections will happen every four years.
2. What is the general tone of the author's style?
(b) Factual and accessible.
(d) Theoretical and entertaining.
3. How do the surrounding political locations feel about Rome when it is first being created?
(a) They do not like it.
(b) They fear it.
(c) They like it.
(d) They are confused by it.
4. What does Romulus become known as?
(a) The preservation of Rome.
(b) The foundation of Rome.
(c) The destruction of Rome.
(d) The direction of Rome.
5. What year does the section War & Politics begin?
(a) 345 BC.
(b) 544 BC.
(c) 234 BC.
(d) 445 BC.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the great Roman warrior, Valerius, do once he enters politics?
2. Why are women and children not considered part of the plebian class?
3. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
4. What threat causes the senate to offer debtors a relief from their debts if they agree to serve in the military?
5. How many Tables are there in the Laws that the Romans propose?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)