|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Livy describe Tarquin's rule over Rome?
2. What do the Volscians continue to be for Rome during the time of two consuls?
(a) A major opponent of Rome.
(b) A major ally of Rome.
(c) A source of work for Rome.
(d) A source of food for Rome.
3. Why are women and children not considered part of the plebian class?
(a) They do not have enough money.
(b) They cannot vote.
(c) They are not politicians.
(d) They cannot join the military.
4. Why are most of the politicians in Rome oligarchs?
(a) They have seen how political systems with many leaders in other regions have failed.
(b) The city cannot find more than a few people that the Romans would elect.
(c) They can afford to invest the time needed.
(d) They tried a political system with many leaders and it did not work.
5. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the opponents of intermarriage fear?
2. What do the Romans label the class that exhibits wealth and power?
3. What are the decemvirs mainly unable to manage?
4. What is the real problem the decemvirs have?
5. What situation is the most common setting for a Dictator to be named of Rome?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)