|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What introduces the idea of different classes being allowed to marry?
(a) A new legislation.
(b) A petition by the people.
(c) A protest by the people.
(d) Pressures from other regions.
2. How many years after the Estrucans and the Sabines fought Rome do the Volscians and the Aequins also position themselves against the city?
(a) Two hundred.
(b) Two hundred and fifty.
(c) One hundred.
3. What procedure does Ancus re-institute?
(a) The declaration of peace.
(b) An election by the senate.
(c) An election by the people.
(d) The declaration of war.
4. What is Circus Maximus?
(a) A large private stadium.
(b) A large public stadium.
(c) A large, circular shaped courthouse.
(d) A large, circular shaped senate building.
5. How many years is a consul given to serve when the position is first created?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Livy, how much of a difference was there between the rich and the poor early in Rome's history?
2. How do the senators show their fear for the people's increasing awareness of the debt crisis?
3. What do the Romans do as a way to deal with the debt problem once it becomes more intense?
4. What part of the planet uses laws similar to that of the Romans, based on Judaic philosophy?
5. What does Rome's decision in Chapter 3 of Rome and the Patricians illustrate?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)