|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the civil strife in Rome managed?
(a) A military leader raises troops that side with the senate.
(b) A military leader raises troops that side with the slaves.
(c) A military leader raises troops that side with the tribune.
(d) A military leader raises troops that side with the consul.
2. How does Hostilius consider Pompilius's culture to be?
3. Which one of the following is not an event that is included in the book as an ominous sign for Rome?
(a) A talking cow.
(b) A volcanic eruption.
(c) Fire in the sky.
(d) Extensive flooding of the rivers.
4. Where is the civil strife in Rome resolved?
(a) Circus Maximus.
(b) The Roman Arena.
(c) The Capitol.
(d) The City Building.
5. How do the Romans use war in the second part of The Republic?
(a) Preservation, resources, and expansion.
(b) Only preservation and resources.
(c) Only preservation.
(d) Only preservation and expansion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Rome's decision at the end of Rome and the Patricians received?
2. What kinds of rights are the women promised when Rome is first beginning?
3. How attentive to the people's needs are the oligarchic rulers?
4. What role do the decemvirs have in the Republic at the start of the fourth book?
5. Which one of the following best describes the state of the Roman Republic during the time described in Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)