|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many introductory pieces are there that precede the main text of the book?
2. Where does Romulus gather people from to help start Rome's population?
(a) All of the surrounding villages.
(b) A select amount of the surrounding villages.
(c) A select amount of the surrounding countries.
(d) All of the surrounding countries.
3. What does Cloelia do when she is held hostage for the second time?
(a) She oversees the food supply for the hostages.
(b) She oversees a group of girl hostages.
(c) She oversees a group of boy hostages.
(d) She oversees another escape by the hostages.
4. What does the great Roman warrior, Valerius, do once he enters politics?
(a) He prosecutes all creditors for unlawful practices.
(b) He removes all existing debts from the people.
(c) He gives more power to the government.
(d) He gives more power to the Romans.
5. What is the state of the Roman Republic at the end of the second part of Rome and the Patricians?
(a) The senate is eliminated.
(b) The military is eliminated.
(c) The tribunes are eliminated.
(d) The consuls are eliminated.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many allies of Rome need mediation for their dispute?
2. How have the allies been fighting their war until they seek a mediator for it?
3. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
4. How long does Pompilius rule over Rome?
5. What is the reason for Tarquin's failure at attempting to retake control of Rome?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)