|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about Lucius Tarquitius?
(a) He works among the common people and in the government.
(b) He does not own a horse.
(c) He is a soldier for three separate armies.
(d) He does not live in Rome.
2. What are the women asked to disregard pertaining to the men they found themselves with at the start of Rome?
(a) Their resentment.
(b) Their hatred.
(c) Their fondness.
(d) Their attachment.
3. What is the reason given for why parents are eventually allowed to move into Rome?
(a) To be closer to relatives.
(b) To increase Rome's population even more.
(c) To be political advisors.
(d) To contribute to the economy.
4. How do the surrounding political locations feel about Rome when it is first being created?
(a) They are confused by it.
(b) They do not like it.
(c) They fear it.
(d) They like it.
5. What is the reason for the dispute of Rome's allies?
(a) It is a political dispute.
(b) It is a civil war.
(c) It is a dispute over territory.
(d) It is a revolt against the governments of the allies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What threat does the revolt of the slaves cause Rome to face?
2. How many years after the Estrucans and the Sabines fought Rome do the Volscians and the Aequins also position themselves against the city?
3. How long does the creation and establishment of Rome take?
4. Who are Marcus Genucius and Gaius Curtius?
5. As Part 2 of The Republic begins, what is a main focus of Rome's culture?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)