|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason given for why parents are eventually allowed to move into Rome?
(a) To be closer to relatives.
(b) To contribute to the economy.
(c) To be political advisors.
(d) To increase Rome's population even more.
2. What does the group of pacifists call themselves?
(a) The peace coalition.
(b) The peace party.
(c) The anti-war party.
(d) The anti-war coalition.
3. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
(a) That there will be no more Kings.
(b) That the elections will happen every four years.
(c) That there will no longer be elections.
(d) That he be declared King.
4. As Part 2 of The Republic begins, what is a main focus of Rome's culture?
(a) The Romans are expanding their culture to include traits of other regions.
(b) The Romans are reducing the influence of other regions in their culture.
(c) The Romans are trying to make the city less sophisticated.
(d) The Romans are trying to make the city more sophisticated.
5. What is made to honor Cloelia's bravery?
(a) A painting of her portrait.
(b) A statue.
(c) A plaque.
(d) An official day of recognition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Servilius and Appius to become unpopular with the Romans?
2. What does Rome's decision in Chapter 3 of Rome and the Patricians illustrate?
3. What does the author tell the reader he is writing about in the first Introduction?
4. What do the Volscians continue to be for Rome during the time of two consuls?
5. What does the great Roman warrior, Valerius, do once he enters politics?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)