|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the political leaders of Rome gain the support of the people early on?
(a) By following the advice of established military leaders.
(b) By successfully predicting the outcome of the wars they wage.
(c) By serving in the military along with the soldiers.
(d) By avoiding the wars they wage.
2. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
3. As Part 2 of The Republic begins, what is a main focus of Rome's culture?
(a) The Romans are trying to make the city less sophisticated.
(b) The Romans are reducing the influence of other regions in their culture.
(c) The Romans are expanding their culture to include traits of other regions.
(d) The Romans are trying to make the city more sophisticated.
4. How have the allies been fighting their war until they seek a mediator for it?
(a) None of the allies have won a battle.
(b) Each ally has won and lost frequently.
(c) The allies cannot determine who has won or lost the battles.
(d) One ally has won the most battles.
5. What is the state of the allies when they approach Rome for mediation?
(a) They are energized.
(b) They are worn down.
(c) They are confused by Rome's current political structure.
(d) They are angry at Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What introduces the idea of different classes being allowed to marry?
2. How many debtors agree to sign up for the military the second time that the government asks them to?
3. How do the women stop the first known war between the inhabitants of Rome?
4. According to Cloelia, what does gender influence?
5. What part of the planet uses laws similar to that of the Romans, based on Judaic philosophy?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)