|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many allies of Rome need mediation for their dispute?
2. How do the people view the senators' fear of the crowds resulting from the debt problem the city faces?
(a) They are confused by it.
(b) They ignore it.
(c) They view it as positive.
(d) They view it as negative.
3. What is the reason for the dispute of Rome's allies?
(a) It is a political dispute.
(b) It is a civil war.
(c) It is a revolt against the governments of the allies.
(d) It is a dispute over territory.
4. How does the town of Pometia almost defeat the Romans?
(a) They outnumber the Romans by a two to one margin.
(b) They surprise the Romans with an army of well trained soldiers.
(c) They attack the Romans using domestic devices.
(d) They obtain more advanced weaponry than the Romans.
5. Which relative of Hostilius set the precedent for the meaning of the word "hostile?"
(a) His uncle.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Much later, what does Plato encourage the women of Athens to do?
2. How does Rome use the Dictatorship during The Republic?
3. How do the surrounding political locations feel about Rome when it is first being created?
4. How long did Romulus rule for?
5. What are the women asked to disregard pertaining to the men they found themselves with at the start of Rome?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)