|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Tables are there in the Laws that the Romans propose?
2. How have the allies been fighting their war until they seek a mediator for it?
(a) One ally has won the most battles.
(b) Each ally has won and lost frequently.
(c) The allies cannot determine who has won or lost the battles.
(d) None of the allies have won a battle.
3. How do the senators feel about the practices of the decemvirs?
(a) They oppose them.
(b) They support them.
(c) They ignore them.
(d) They do not understand them.
4. How do the Romans use war in the second part of The Republic?
(a) Only preservation and expansion.
(b) Only preservation.
(c) Only preservation and resources.
(d) Preservation, resources, and expansion.
5. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What never changes, according to the opening of The Patricians at Bay?
2. Although it is a decisive Roman victory, what are the total losses on both sides of the war that results in one of the consuls being injured, and the other being beheaded?
3. How are the people of Ardea affected by Rome's new outlook?
4. What is the population of Rome estimated to be during first part of The Patricians at Bay?
5. What do the people do when creditors attempt to collect repayment in the courts?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)