|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the slave described in the beginning of Rome's new consul learn of the conspirators' plans?
(a) He knows another slave who has overheard their conversation.
(b) He knows another slave who works for one of the conspirators.
(c) He overhears their conversation while passing them on the street.
(d) He works for one of the conspirators.
2. In the original book, how many chapter breaks are there in The Republic?
3. How many introductory pieces are there that precede the main text of the book?
4. How does Rome use the Dictatorship during The Republic?
(a) Every other year.
(b) It replaces the consul.
(d) Only as needed.
5. What situation is the most common setting for a Dictator to be named of Rome?
(a) A war.
(b) Civil unrest.
(c) A shortage of supplies.
(d) A financial crisis.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the senators feel about the practices of the decemvirs?
2. What is the real problem the decemvirs have?
3. How many meetings with the senators do the decemvirs request?
4. How many tribes does Rome have at this point in their history in the second part of The Republic?
5. What threat does the revolt of the slaves cause Rome to face?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)