|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the population of Rome estimated to be during first part of The Patricians at Bay?
(a) 140, 714.
(b) 104, 714.
(c) 94, 714.
(d) 49, 714.
2. How do the senators feel about the practices of the decemvirs?
(a) They oppose them.
(b) They support them.
(c) They do not understand them.
(d) They ignore them.
3. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
(a) He builds the first prison.
(b) He imposes a curfew on the city.
(c) He has guards patrol the city.
(d) He becomes more selective about which cities he takes people from in the future.
4. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
5. How do the common people view Caeso Quinctius?
(a) They are unaware of his position.
(b) They see him as an enemy.
(c) They see him as an ally.
(d) They refuse to recognize his position.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the general tone of the author's style?
2. What does the group, the Aurunci, consist of?
3. How many tribes does Rome have at this point in their history in the second part of The Republic?
4. What procedure does Ancus re-institute?
5. What does Rome's decision in Chapter 3 of Rome and the Patricians illustrate?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)