|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the time of Rome and the Patricians, how is the military generally used?
(a) To control the government.
(b) In response to attacks.
(c) To control the city's people.
(d) In response to threats.
2. What is the role of the tribunes?
(a) They are for the senate.
(b) They are against the common people.
(c) They are against the senate.
(d) They are against the consul.
3. How do the Romans use war in the second part of The Republic?
(a) Only preservation and resources.
(b) Preservation, resources, and expansion.
(c) Only preservation and expansion.
(d) Only preservation.
4. What causes the Volscians to aid a Roman party?
(a) A military dispute.
(b) A political dispute.
(c) A financial dispute.
(d) A matrimonial dispute.
5. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many allies of Rome need mediation for their dispute?
2. What never changes, according to the opening of The Patricians at Bay?
3. How is the nature of the decemvirs' politics described?
4. What is the reason for Tarquin's failure at attempting to retake control of Rome?
5. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)