|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the senators feel about the practices of the decemvirs?
(a) They ignore them.
(b) They oppose them.
(c) They do not understand them.
(d) They support them.
2. Which one of the following best describes the state of the Roman Republic during the time described in Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians?
(a) The people rule over the government.
(b) The people have been implemented into the government.
(c) The government has been abolished.
(d) The government rules over the people.
3. According to Livy, how much of a difference was there between the rich and the poor early in Rome's history?
(a) No difference.
(b) Rome had no wealthy people in its beginnings.
(c) Not very much difference.
(d) A huge difference.
4. How do the political leaders of Rome gain the support of the people early on?
(a) By serving in the military along with the soldiers.
(b) By successfully predicting the outcome of the wars they wage.
(c) By following the advice of established military leaders.
(d) By avoiding the wars they wage.
5. How do the Romans use war in the second part of The Republic?
(a) Preservation, resources, and expansion.
(b) Only preservation and expansion.
(c) Only preservation.
(d) Only preservation and resources.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Latin city does Rome conquer in order to further increase its population?
2. How many years after the Estrucans and the Sabines fought Rome do the Volscians and the Aequins also position themselves against the city?
3. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
4. How many men with axes govern over the people of Rome as Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians ends?
5. How many allies of Rome need mediation for their dispute?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)