|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Marcus Genucius and Gaius Curtius?
(a) The new senators after the decemvirs.
(b) The two responsible for dealing with the decemvirs.
(c) Two military leaders after the decemvirs.
(d) The new consuls after the decemvirs.
2. What do the Romans do as a way to deal with the debt problem once it becomes more intense?
(a) They try to borrow money from other neighboring regions.
(b) They hold public meetings.
(c) They hold private meetings.
(d) They try to borrow money from other neighboring countries.
3. How is the civil strife in Rome managed?
(a) A military leader raises troops that side with the tribune.
(b) A military leader raises troops that side with the slaves.
(c) A military leader raises troops that side with the consul.
(d) A military leader raises troops that side with the senate.
4. How do the senators feel about the practices of the decemvirs?
(a) They oppose them.
(b) They ignore them.
(c) They support them.
(d) They do not understand them.
5. What is the reason for the dispute of Rome's allies?
(a) It is a revolt against the governments of the allies.
(b) It is a civil war.
(c) It is a political dispute.
(d) It is a dispute over territory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which relative of Hostilius set the precedent for the meaning of the word "hostile?"
2. How long did Romulus rule for?
3. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
4. What is made to honor Cloelia's bravery?
5. What causes the Volscians to aid a Roman party?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)