|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Romulus rule for?
(a) Thirty-seven years.
(b) Forty-seven years.
(c) Seventeen years.
(d) Twenty-seven years.
2. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
(a) Mainly warlike.
(b) Both warlike and peaceful.
(c) Neither warlike nor peaceful.
(d) Mainly peaceful.
3. Which one of the following best describes the state of the Roman Republic during the time described in Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians?
(a) The people rule over the government.
(b) The government rules over the people.
(c) The government has been abolished.
(d) The people have been implemented into the government.
4. What is the general tone of the author's style?
(a) Factual and accessible.
(c) Theoretical and entertaining.
5. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are identical twins.
(c) They are half-brothers.
(d) They are fraternal twins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
2. How long does Pompilius rule over Rome?
3. What is the state of the Roman Republic at the end of the second part of Rome and the Patricians?
4. Much later, what does Plato encourage the women of Athens to do?
5. How does Livy describe Tarquin's rule over Rome?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)