|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 1, Rome and the Patricians, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brutus known as in the beginning of the second book?
(a) Brutus the Liberator.
(b) Brutus the Destroyer.
(c) Brutus the Conqueror.
(d) Brutus the Betrayer.
2. Why are most of the politicians in Rome oligarchs?
(a) They tried a political system with many leaders and it did not work.
(b) The city cannot find more than a few people that the Romans would elect.
(c) They can afford to invest the time needed.
(d) They have seen how political systems with many leaders in other regions have failed.
3. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
4. How long does Pompilius rule over Rome?
(a) Thirty-three years.
(b) Fifty-three years.
(c) Twenty-three years.
(d) Forty-three years.
5. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
(a) The Albanians.
(b) The Bulgarians.
(c) The Turks.
(d) The Greeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
2. How do the women stop the first known war between the inhabitants of Rome?
3. How do the Romans use war in the second part of The Republic?
4. What never changes, according to the opening of The Patricians at Bay?
5. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)