|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 1, Rome and the Patricians, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following is not an event that is included in the book as an ominous sign for Rome?
(a) A volcanic eruption.
(b) A talking cow.
(c) Extensive flooding of the rivers.
(d) Fire in the sky.
2. What level of involvement do the leaders have in the war that featured debtors who agreed to fight in exchange for their debt being resolved?
(a) They participate by positioning themselves near the battles.
(b) They refuse to participate.
(c) They actively participate.
(d) They temporarily leave Rome to avoid participating.
3. What threat causes the senate to offer debtors a relief from their debts if they agree to serve in the military?
(a) The threat of the Volscians.
(b) The threat of the Nervians.
(c) The threat of the Batavians.
(d) The threat of the Tungrians.
4. Where does Romulus gather people from to help start Rome's population?
(a) A select amount of the surrounding villages.
(b) All of the surrounding countries.
(c) All of the surrounding villages.
(d) A select amount of the surrounding countries.
5. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the slave given for his role in preventing the conspiracy?
2. How do the women stop the first known war between the inhabitants of Rome?
3. What is made to honor Cloelia's bravery?
4. How long does the creation and establishment of Rome take?
5. What is Brutus known as in the beginning of the second book?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)