|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 1, Rome and the Patricians, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
2. What do some of the creditors do to make the situation worse?
(a) They exploit the debtors.
(b) They refuse to accept repayment of the debts owed to them.
(c) They try to take property away from the debtors.
(d) They attack the debtors physically.
3. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
4. What situation is the most common setting for a Dictator to be named of Rome?
(a) A financial crisis.
(b) A war.
(c) A shortage of supplies.
(d) Civil unrest.
5. Who is the elderly man that brought the issue of debt to the forefront?
(a) A former Commander.
(b) A reputable soldier.
(c) A reputable politician.
(d) A former King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
2. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
3. What do the Volscians continue to be for Rome during the time of two consuls?
4. How do the women stop the first known war between the inhabitants of Rome?
5. What level of involvement do the leaders have in the war that featured debtors who agreed to fight in exchange for their debt being resolved?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)