|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 1, Rome and the Patricians, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
(a) Mainly warlike.
(b) Mainly peaceful.
(c) Neither warlike nor peaceful.
(d) Both warlike and peaceful.
2. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
3. What serious problem do the Romans turn to religion for help with?
(a) The wars.
(b) The plague.
(c) The fear of the lights in the sky.
(d) The financial burden of debts.
4. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
(a) The Etruscans.
(b) The Ligurians.
(c) The Umbrians.
(d) The Venetians.
5. What is the perception of Rome while Pompilius presides there?
(a) It is peaceful but lacks discipline.
(b) It is volatile and undisciplined.
(c) It is peaceful and well disciplined.
(d) It is volatile but disciplined.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the group, the Aurunci, consist of?
2. What is a difficulty that the author encounters while writing about the history of Rome?
3. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
4. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
5. What is the slave given for his role in preventing the conspiracy?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)