|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 1, Rome and the Patricians, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Part 2 of The Republic begins, what is a main focus of Rome's culture?
(a) The Romans are expanding their culture to include traits of other regions.
(b) The Romans are reducing the influence of other regions in their culture.
(c) The Romans are trying to make the city more sophisticated.
(d) The Romans are trying to make the city less sophisticated.
2. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
(a) He imposes a curfew on the city.
(b) He builds the first prison.
(c) He has guards patrol the city.
(d) He becomes more selective about which cities he takes people from in the future.
3. How does Hostilius consider Pompilius's culture to be?
4. What is the population of Rome estimated to be during first part of The Patricians at Bay?
(a) 94, 714.
(b) 49, 714.
(c) 104, 714.
(d) 140, 714.
5. In the original book, how many chapter breaks are there in The Republic?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
2. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
3. What causes Servilius and Appius to become unpopular with the Romans?
4. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
5. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)