|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 1, Rome and the Patricians, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
(a) That the elections will happen every four years.
(b) That there will be no more Kings.
(c) That there will no longer be elections.
(d) That he be declared King.
2. What is the perception of Rome while Pompilius presides there?
(a) It is peaceful and well disciplined.
(b) It is peaceful but lacks discipline.
(c) It is volatile but disciplined.
(d) It is volatile and undisciplined.
3. How long does Pompilius rule over Rome?
(a) Thirty-three years.
(b) Fifty-three years.
(c) Forty-three years.
(d) Twenty-three years.
4. As Part 2 of The Republic begins, what is a main focus of Rome's culture?
(a) The Romans are expanding their culture to include traits of other regions.
(b) The Romans are trying to make the city more sophisticated.
(c) The Romans are trying to make the city less sophisticated.
(d) The Romans are reducing the influence of other regions in their culture.
5. How many years is a consul given to serve when the position is first created?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the slave turn the information of the conspiracy over to?
2. What threat causes the senate to offer debtors a relief from their debts if they agree to serve in the military?
3. How many days are taken to contemplate the origin of the lights in the sky that are seen after a military campaign?
4. What level of involvement do the leaders have in the war that featured debtors who agreed to fight in exchange for their debt being resolved?
5. How do the surrounding political locations feel about Rome when it is first being created?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)