|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 1, Rome and the Patricians, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author tell the reader he is writing about in the first Introduction?
(a) The second group of people to inhabit Rome.
(b) The first people in Rome that anyone is certain of.
(c) The group of people who traveled through Rome before it was founded.
(d) The first people in Rome that cannot be verified.
2. How does the town of Pometia almost defeat the Romans?
(a) They attack the Romans using domestic devices.
(b) They surprise the Romans with an army of well trained soldiers.
(c) They outnumber the Romans by a two to one margin.
(d) They obtain more advanced weaponry than the Romans.
3. Who is the elderly man that brought the issue of debt to the forefront?
(a) A former Commander.
(b) A reputable politician.
(c) A former King.
(d) A reputable soldier.
4. How was the support of the people viewed by the Kings of early Rome?
(a) As valuable and easily attainable.
(b) As unnecessary.
(c) As a necessity.
(d) As valuable, but not easily attainable.
5. What never changes, according to the opening of The Patricians at Bay?
(a) Human nature.
(b) The way politics are handled.
(c) The way wars are fought.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the surrounding political locations feel about Rome when it is first being created?
2. How many tribes does Rome have at this point in their history in the second part of The Republic?
3. What is Circus Maximus?
4. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
5. What does the group, the Aurunci, consist of?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)