|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 1, Rome and the Patricians, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What situation is the most common setting for a Dictator to be named of Rome?
(a) Civil unrest.
(b) A war.
(c) A financial crisis.
(d) A shortage of supplies.
2. How was the support of the people viewed by the Kings of early Rome?
(a) As a necessity.
(b) As valuable and easily attainable.
(c) As unnecessary.
(d) As valuable, but not easily attainable.
3. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
4. How does the town of Pometia almost defeat the Romans?
(a) They outnumber the Romans by a two to one margin.
(b) They obtain more advanced weaponry than the Romans.
(c) They surprise the Romans with an army of well trained soldiers.
(d) They attack the Romans using domestic devices.
5. How do the Romans use war in the second part of The Republic?
(a) Preservation, resources, and expansion.
(b) Only preservation and resources.
(c) Only preservation.
(d) Only preservation and expansion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people do when creditors attempt to collect repayment in the courts?
2. How do the women stop the first known war between the inhabitants of Rome?
3. Although it is a decisive Roman victory, what are the total losses on both sides of the war that results in one of the consuls being injured, and the other being beheaded?
4. Who does Quinctius lead the military against?
5. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)