|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 1, Rome and the Patricians, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Circus Maximus?
(a) A large public stadium.
(b) A large, circular shaped courthouse.
(c) A large private stadium.
(d) A large, circular shaped senate building.
2. Which one of the following is not an event that is included in the book as an ominous sign for Rome?
(a) Fire in the sky.
(b) A talking cow.
(c) A volcanic eruption.
(d) Extensive flooding of the rivers.
3. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
(a) They are half-brothers.
(b) They are fraternal twins.
(c) They are identical twins.
(d) They are cousins.
4. What does Pompilius primarily focus on?
(a) Civilizing the culture of Rome.
(b) Granting more power to the senate.
(c) Granting more power to himself.
(d) Eliminating the culture of Rome.
5. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
(a) That there will be no more Kings.
(b) That there will no longer be elections.
(c) That the elections will happen every four years.
(d) That he be declared King.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Livy, what is the one thing that is needed for all politicians to be elected into office?
2. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
3. How common is the interaction between human and divine beings in Ancient Rome, according to Livy?
4. How do the surrounding political locations feel about Rome when it is first being created?
5. What procedure does Ancus re-institute?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)