|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 1, Rome and the Patricians, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the original book, how many chapter breaks are there in The Republic?
2. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
(a) Mainly peaceful.
(b) Mainly warlike.
(c) Both warlike and peaceful.
(d) Neither warlike nor peaceful.
3. What procedure does Ancus re-institute?
(a) An election by the people.
(b) The declaration of war.
(c) The declaration of peace.
(d) An election by the senate.
4. What do the Romans surprisingly do after Cloelia successfully escapes from Porsena?
(a) They separate her from her family.
(b) They refuse to allow her entrance to Rome.
(c) They do not recognize her.
(d) They return her to Porsena.
5. How do the people view the senators' fear of the crowds resulting from the debt problem the city faces?
(a) They view it as negative.
(b) They ignore it.
(c) They are confused by it.
(d) They view it as positive.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Pompilius rule over Rome?
2. How does Hostilius consider Pompilius's culture to be?
3. What are the women asked to disregard pertaining to the men they found themselves with at the start of Rome?
4. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
5. What causes Servilius and Appius to become unpopular with the Romans?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)