|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 1, Rome and the Patricians, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rome use the Dictatorship during The Republic?
(a) It replaces the consul.
(b) Every other year.
(c) Only as needed.
2. How does a leader's presence or absence on the battlefield affect the troops fighting in a war?
(a) The troops begin to lose morale if a leader is present.
(b) The troops fight the same whether a leader is present or not.
(c) The troops mostly prefer to be led by a soldier, rather than a military/political leader.
(d) The troops begin to lose morale if a leader is absent.
3. What level of involvement do the leaders have in the war that featured debtors who agreed to fight in exchange for their debt being resolved?
(a) They refuse to participate.
(b) They actively participate.
(c) They temporarily leave Rome to avoid participating.
(d) They participate by positioning themselves near the battles.
4. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
(a) Mainly peaceful.
(b) Neither warlike nor peaceful.
(c) Both warlike and peaceful.
(d) Mainly warlike.
5. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years is a consul given to serve when the position is first created?
2. What does the group of pacifists call themselves?
3. How many days are taken to contemplate the origin of the lights in the sky that are seen after a military campaign?
4. What result does the death of King Romulus have on Rome?
5. How many years is Rome a Republic before other well known governments are established, such as Athens and Sparta?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)