|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 1, Rome and the Patricians, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the group of pacifists call themselves?
(a) The anti-war coalition.
(b) The peace party.
(c) The anti-war party.
(d) The peace coalition.
2. How does the town of Pometia almost defeat the Romans?
(a) They obtain more advanced weaponry than the Romans.
(b) They surprise the Romans with an army of well trained soldiers.
(c) They attack the Romans using domestic devices.
(d) They outnumber the Romans by a two to one margin.
3. How common is the interaction between human and divine beings in Ancient Rome, according to Livy?
(a) It is very common.
(b) It happens only once a year.
(c) It happens only twice a year.
(d) It is very uncommon.
4. What do the Romans do as a way to deal with the debt problem once it becomes more intense?
(a) They try to borrow money from other neighboring countries.
(b) They hold private meetings.
(c) They hold public meetings.
(d) They try to borrow money from other neighboring regions.
5. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
(a) He is respected, but not admired.
(b) He is admired and respected.
(c) He is admired, but not respected.
(d) He is neither admired nor respected.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
2. How does Hostilius consider Pompilius's culture to be?
3. What does the group, the Aurunci, consist of?
4. What serious problem do the Romans turn to religion for help with?
5. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)