|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 1, Rome and the Patricians, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Latin city does Rome conquer in order to further increase its population?
2. What causes Servilius and Appius to become unpopular with the Romans?
(a) The consul attempts to collect the debts owed on the creditors' behalf.
(b) The consul only lends half of the debtors the money needed to pay their debts.
(c) The consul continues to ignore the creditors' unfair treatment of debtors.
(d) The consul does not keep their word with the debtors.
3. How long does Pompilius rule over Rome?
(a) Twenty-three years.
(b) Thirty-three years.
(c) Forty-three years.
(d) Fifty-three years.
4. What is the slave given for his role in preventing the conspiracy?
(a) The chance to purchase land.
(b) A place in the senate.
(c) Roman citizenship.
(d) Free land.
5. What does the group of pacifists call themselves?
(a) The anti-war party.
(b) The anti-war coalition.
(c) The peace party.
(d) The peace coalition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What threat causes the senate to offer debtors a relief from their debts if they agree to serve in the military?
2. What do some of the creditors do to make the situation worse?
3. How is the problem of debt described?
4. What never changes, according to the opening of The Patricians at Bay?
5. What do the people do when creditors attempt to collect repayment in the courts?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)