|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 1, Rome and the Patricians, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the group of pacifists call themselves?
(a) The peace coalition.
(b) The anti-war coalition.
(c) The anti-war party.
(d) The peace party.
2. How is the problem of debt described?
(a) As a past social problem.
(b) As an unmanageable civil and social problem.
(c) As a past civil problem..
(d) As a manageable civil and social problem.
3. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
(a) The census.
(b) A new trade agreement with other countries.
(c) A limit to what elected officials can earn.
(d) A limit to what the Roman people can earn.
4. How does the town of Pometia almost defeat the Romans?
(a) They surprise the Romans with an army of well trained soldiers.
(b) They attack the Romans using domestic devices.
(c) They obtain more advanced weaponry than the Romans.
(d) They outnumber the Romans by a two to one margin.
5. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
(a) He is neither admired nor respected.
(b) He is admired and respected.
(c) He is respected, but not admired.
(d) He is admired, but not respected.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
2. Why are most of the politicians in Rome oligarchs?
3. What year does the book, Patricians at Bay begin?
4. What is the population of Rome estimated to be during first part of The Patricians at Bay?
5. Who does the slave turn the information of the conspiracy over to?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)