|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 1, Rome and the Patricians, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hostilius consider Pompilius's culture to be?
2. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
(a) The Etruscans.
(b) The Venetians.
(c) The Umbrians.
(d) The Ligurians.
3. How do the senators show their fear for the people's increasing awareness of the debt crisis?
(a) They stay away.
(b) They attempt to create new laws for time payments.
(c) They attempt to talk with the people more directly.
(d) They resign.
4. Which relative of Hostilius set the precedent for the meaning of the word "hostile?"
(a) His brother.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His father.
5. How long did Romulus rule for?
(a) Thirty-seven years.
(b) Twenty-seven years.
(c) Seventeen years.
(d) Forty-seven years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
2. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
3. What year does the book, Patricians at Bay begin?
4. In the original book, how many chapter breaks are there in The Republic?
5. What is the slave given for his role in preventing the conspiracy?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)