|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 1, Rome and the Patricians, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Pompilius rule over Rome?
(a) Forty-three years.
(b) Twenty-three years.
(c) Thirty-three years.
(d) Fifty-three years.
2. How is the problem of debt described?
(a) As an unmanageable civil and social problem.
(b) As a manageable civil and social problem.
(c) As a past social problem.
(d) As a past civil problem..
3. How attentive to the people's needs are the oligarchic rulers?
(a) It is impossible for them to be attentive to them.
(b) It depends on the cirumstances.
(c) They are always attentive to them by choice.
(d) They are rarely attentive to them by choice.
4. What does the group of pacifists call themselves?
(a) The peace coalition.
(b) The anti-war coalition.
(c) The peace party.
(d) The anti-war party.
5. According to Cloelia, what does gender influence?
Short Answer Questions
1. What never changes, according to the opening of The Patricians at Bay?
2. How does a leader's presence or absence on the battlefield affect the troops fighting in a war?
3. How do the political leaders of Rome gain the support of the people early on?
4. What is Circus Maximus?
5. What kinds of rights are the women promised when Rome is first beginning?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)