|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 1, Rome and the Patricians, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
(a) Mainly warlike.
(b) Both warlike and peaceful.
(c) Neither warlike nor peaceful.
(d) Mainly peaceful.
2. What are the women asked to disregard pertaining to the men they found themselves with at the start of Rome?
(a) Their attachment.
(b) Their fondness.
(c) Their resentment.
(d) Their hatred.
3. How long does Pompilius rule over Rome?
(a) Twenty-three years.
(b) Fifty-three years.
(c) Forty-three years.
(d) Thirty-three years.
4. What result does the death of King Romulus have on Rome?
(a) It causes the Romans to wage a civil war.
(b) It makes the Romans more vulnerable.
(c) It makes the Romans less vulnerable.
(d) It causes the Romans to stop the civil war going on.
5. What is the reason for Tarquin's failure at attempting to retake control of Rome?
(a) The support of the people for Brutus.
(b) Tarquin does not allow his men to rest, so they are too tired to fight Rome.
(c) Tarquin lacks the number of men needed to battle Rome.
(d) The people's fear of Brutus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author tell the reader he is writing about in the first Introduction?
2. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
3. What do the Romans do as a way to deal with the debt problem once it becomes more intense?
4. What kinds of rights are the women promised when Rome is first beginning?
5. Who does the slave turn the information of the conspiracy over to?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)