|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 1, Rome and the Patricians, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the surrounding political locations feel about Rome when it is first being created?
(a) They like it.
(b) They are confused by it.
(c) They fear it.
(d) They do not like it.
2. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
(a) The Bulgarians.
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The Turks.
(d) The Albanians.
3. What do the Romans do as a way to deal with the debt problem once it becomes more intense?
(a) They hold public meetings.
(b) They try to borrow money from other neighboring countries.
(c) They try to borrow money from other neighboring regions.
(d) They hold private meetings.
4. According to Livy, how much of a difference was there between the rich and the poor early in Rome's history?
(a) Rome had no wealthy people in its beginnings.
(b) Not very much difference.
(c) A huge difference.
(d) No difference.
5. What procedure does Ancus re-institute?
(a) An election by the people.
(b) An election by the senate.
(c) The declaration of peace.
(d) The declaration of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
2. What is the reason given for why parents are eventually allowed to move into Rome?
3. How long does the creation and establishment of Rome take?
4. How do the women stop the first known war between the inhabitants of Rome?
5. Although it is a decisive Roman victory, what are the total losses on both sides of the war that results in one of the consuls being injured, and the other being beheaded?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)