|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 1, Rome and the Patricians, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Livy describe Tarquin's rule over Rome?
2. What is the population of Rome estimated to be during first part of The Patricians at Bay?
(a) 104, 714.
(b) 94, 714.
(c) 140, 714.
(d) 49, 714.
3. What year does the book, Patricians at Bay begin?
(a) 467 BC.
(b) 567 BC.
(c) 476 BC.
(d) 576 BC.
4. How does the slave described in the beginning of Rome's new consul learn of the conspirators' plans?
(a) He knows another slave who works for one of the conspirators.
(b) He knows another slave who has overheard their conversation.
(c) He works for one of the conspirators.
(d) He overhears their conversation while passing them on the street.
5. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the women stop the first known war between the inhabitants of Rome?
2. How does Hostilius consider Pompilius's culture to be?
3. How do the political leaders of Rome gain the support of the people early on?
4. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
5. Who does Quinctius lead the military against?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)