|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 1, Rome and the Patricians, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many tribes does Rome have at this point in their history in the second part of The Republic?
(a) Fifty one.
(b) Thirty one.
(c) Forty one.
(d) Twenty one.
2. What procedure does Ancus re-institute?
(a) The declaration of peace.
(b) An election by the people.
(c) An election by the senate.
(d) The declaration of war.
3. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are half-brothers.
(c) They are identical twins.
(d) They are fraternal twins.
4. How was the support of the people viewed by the Kings of early Rome?
(a) As valuable, but not easily attainable.
(b) As valuable and easily attainable.
(c) As a necessity.
(d) As unnecessary.
5. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of rights are the women promised when Rome is first beginning?
2. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
3. How common is the interaction between human and divine beings in Ancient Rome, according to Livy?
4. How does Livy describe Tarquin's rule over Rome?
5. What causes Servilius and Appius to become unpopular with the Romans?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)