|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 1, Rome and the Patricians, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pompilius primarily focus on?
(a) Granting more power to the senate.
(b) Eliminating the culture of Rome.
(c) Civilizing the culture of Rome.
(d) Granting more power to himself.
2. How do the political leaders of Rome gain the support of the people early on?
(a) By serving in the military along with the soldiers.
(b) By following the advice of established military leaders.
(c) By successfully predicting the outcome of the wars they wage.
(d) By avoiding the wars they wage.
3. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
4. Who is the elderly man that brought the issue of debt to the forefront?
(a) A reputable politician.
(b) A reputable soldier.
(c) A former King.
(d) A former Commander.
5. What is the slave given for his role in preventing the conspiracy?
(a) Free land.
(b) A place in the senate.
(c) Roman citizenship.
(d) The chance to purchase land.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cloelia, what does gender influence?
2. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
3. What never changes, according to the opening of The Patricians at Bay?
4. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
5. What causes Servilius and Appius to become unpopular with the Romans?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)