|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 1, Rome and the Patricians, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What level of involvement do the leaders have in the war that featured debtors who agreed to fight in exchange for their debt being resolved?
(a) They refuse to participate.
(b) They participate by positioning themselves near the battles.
(c) They temporarily leave Rome to avoid participating.
(d) They actively participate.
2. What is Brutus known as in the beginning of the second book?
(a) Brutus the Destroyer.
(b) Brutus the Liberator.
(c) Brutus the Conqueror.
(d) Brutus the Betrayer.
3. How many debtors agree to sign up for the military the second time that the government asks them to?
(a) Half of them.
(c) A quarter of them.
(d) All of them.
4. Which one of the following is not an event that is included in the book as an ominous sign for Rome?
(a) Extensive flooding of the rivers.
(b) Fire in the sky.
(c) A volcanic eruption.
(d) A talking cow.
5. What is the reason given for why parents are eventually allowed to move into Rome?
(a) To be closer to relatives.
(b) To contribute to the economy.
(c) To be political advisors.
(d) To increase Rome's population even more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does the book, Patricians at Bay begin?
2. What are the women asked to disregard pertaining to the men they found themselves with at the start of Rome?
3. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
4. How is the problem of debt described?
5. What does Cloelia do when she is held hostage for the second time?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)