|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 1, Rome and the Patricians, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the women asked to disregard pertaining to the men they found themselves with at the start of Rome?
(a) Their resentment.
(b) Their attachment.
(c) Their fondness.
(d) Their hatred.
2. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
(a) He is appointed.
(c) In a split decision.
(d) By forfeit.
3. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
(a) The Etruscans.
(b) The Ligurians.
(c) The Umbrians.
(d) The Venetians.
4. How common is the interaction between human and divine beings in Ancient Rome, according to Livy?
(a) It is very uncommon.
(b) It happens only once a year.
(c) It happens only twice a year.
(d) It is very common.
5. How many years is a consul given to serve when the position is first created?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some of the creditors do to make the situation worse?
2. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
3. What do the Romans surprisingly do after Cloelia successfully escapes from Porsena?
4. What threat causes the senate to offer debtors a relief from their debts if they agree to serve in the military?
5. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)