|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the slave turn the information of the conspiracy over to?
(a) The people.
(b) The army.
(c) The consul.
(d) The senate.
2. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
(a) Mainly warlike.
(b) Mainly peaceful.
(c) Neither warlike nor peaceful.
(d) Both warlike and peaceful.
3. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
4. How do the surrounding political locations feel about Rome when it is first being created?
(a) They like it.
(b) They do not like it.
(c) They are confused by it.
(d) They fear it.
5. What threat causes the senate to offer debtors a relief from their debts if they agree to serve in the military?
(a) The threat of the Volscians.
(b) The threat of the Tungrians.
(c) The threat of the Nervians.
(d) The threat of the Batavians.
Short Answer Questions
1. How common is the interaction between human and divine beings in Ancient Rome, according to Livy?
2. How are the Sabine people described in the book?
3. What does Pompilius primarily focus on?
4. How many introductory pieces are there that precede the main text of the book?
5. What do the Romans do as a way to deal with the debt problem once it becomes more intense?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)