|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
(a) Neither warlike nor peaceful.
(b) Both warlike and peaceful.
(c) Mainly peaceful.
(d) Mainly warlike.
2. What does the group of pacifists call themselves?
(a) The anti-war party.
(b) The peace party.
(c) The anti-war coalition.
(d) The peace coalition.
3. How many debtors agree to sign up for the military the second time that the government asks them to?
(a) Half of them.
(b) A quarter of them.
(c) All of them.
4. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
(a) He is neither admired nor respected.
(b) He is respected, but not admired.
(c) He is admired, but not respected.
(d) He is admired and respected.
5. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
(a) That he be declared King.
(b) That there will no longer be elections.
(c) That there will be no more Kings.
(d) That the elections will happen every four years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What procedure does Ancus re-institute?
2. How many years is Rome a Republic before other well known governments are established, such as Athens and Sparta?
3. What do the Romans surprisingly do after Cloelia successfully escapes from Porsena?
4. In the Romans' victory over the Albans, how many total combatant deaths are there?
5. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)