|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brutus known as in the beginning of the second book?
(a) Brutus the Liberator.
(b) Brutus the Betrayer.
(c) Brutus the Destroyer.
(d) Brutus the Conqueror.
2. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
(a) The Etruscans.
(b) The Ligurians.
(c) The Umbrians.
(d) The Venetians.
3. What is made to honor Cloelia's bravery?
(a) A statue.
(b) An official day of recognition.
(c) A painting of her portrait.
(d) A plaque.
4. What does the author tell the reader he is writing about in the first Introduction?
(a) The first people in Rome that anyone is certain of.
(b) The second group of people to inhabit Rome.
(c) The first people in Rome that cannot be verified.
(d) The group of people who traveled through Rome before it was founded.
5. According to Cloelia, what does gender influence?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people do when creditors attempt to collect repayment in the courts?
2. Who is the elderly man that brought the issue of debt to the forefront?
3. What does the great Roman warrior, Valerius, do once he enters politics?
4. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
5. How does the town of Pometia almost defeat the Romans?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)