|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the elderly man that brought the issue of debt to the forefront?
(a) A reputable soldier.
(b) A former Commander.
(c) A former King.
(d) A reputable politician.
2. How do the people view the senators' fear of the crowds resulting from the debt problem the city faces?
(a) They view it as positive.
(b) They are confused by it.
(c) They ignore it.
(d) They view it as negative.
3. What is the reason given for why parents are eventually allowed to move into Rome?
(a) To be political advisors.
(b) To contribute to the economy.
(c) To be closer to relatives.
(d) To increase Rome's population even more.
4. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
(a) He is appointed.
(c) By forfeit.
(d) In a split decision.
5. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the original book, how many chapter breaks are there in The Republic?
2. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
3. What is made to honor Cloelia's bravery?
4. What does the group, the Aurunci, consist of?
5. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)