|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many tribes does Rome have at this point in their history in the second part of The Republic?
(a) Thirty one.
(b) Forty one.
(c) Fifty one.
(d) Twenty one.
2. What is made to honor Cloelia's bravery?
(a) A statue.
(b) A painting of her portrait.
(c) A plaque.
(d) An official day of recognition.
3. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
(a) He has guards patrol the city.
(b) He builds the first prison.
(c) He imposes a curfew on the city.
(d) He becomes more selective about which cities he takes people from in the future.
4. What procedure does Ancus re-institute?
(a) The declaration of war.
(b) An election by the people.
(c) The declaration of peace.
(d) An election by the senate.
5. What does the author tell the reader he is writing about in the first Introduction?
(a) The group of people who traveled through Rome before it was founded.
(b) The second group of people to inhabit Rome.
(c) The first people in Rome that cannot be verified.
(d) The first people in Rome that anyone is certain of.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Horatius given a reprieve from the death penalty after his tragic response to his sister's reaction to the battle?
2. Where does Romulus gather people from to help start Rome's population?
3. How long does the creation and establishment of Rome take?
4. How does Livy describe Tarquin's rule over Rome?
5. What does the group, the Aurunci, consist of?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)