|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the problem of debt described?
(a) As a past social problem.
(b) As an unmanageable civil and social problem.
(c) As a past civil problem..
(d) As a manageable civil and social problem.
2. How do the women stop the first known war between the inhabitants of Rome?
(a) They threaten to leave the city forever.
(b) They sign a petition and bring it to Romulus.
(c) They position themselves between the opposing armies.
(d) They speak to Romulus and convince him to stop it.
3. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
(a) He has guards patrol the city.
(b) He builds the first prison.
(c) He imposes a curfew on the city.
(d) He becomes more selective about which cities he takes people from in the future.
4. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
5. What causes Servilius and Appius to become unpopular with the Romans?
(a) The consul only lends half of the debtors the money needed to pay their debts.
(b) The consul does not keep their word with the debtors.
(c) The consul attempts to collect the debts owed on the creditors' behalf.
(d) The consul continues to ignore the creditors' unfair treatment of debtors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the slave turn the information of the conspiracy over to?
2. How are the Sabine people described in the book?
3. How long did Romulus rule for?
4. How do the people view the senators' fear of the crowds resulting from the debt problem the city faces?
5. What threat causes the senate to offer debtors a relief from their debts if they agree to serve in the military?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)