|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a difficulty that the author encounters while writing about the history of Rome?
(a) The origins.
(b) Omission of facts.
(c) Exaggeration of facts.
(d) The language.
2. Who does the slave turn the information of the conspiracy over to?
(a) The consul.
(b) The senate.
(c) The army.
(d) The people.
3. How do the senators show their fear for the people's increasing awareness of the debt crisis?
(a) They attempt to create new laws for time payments.
(b) They attempt to talk with the people more directly.
(c) They resign.
(d) They stay away.
4. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
5. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rome use the Dictatorship during The Republic?
2. How many introductory pieces are there that precede the main text of the book?
3. According to Cloelia, what does gender influence?
4. What is the reason for Tarquin's failure at attempting to retake control of Rome?
5. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)