|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
(a) The census.
(b) A limit to what the Roman people can earn.
(c) A new trade agreement with other countries.
(d) A limit to what elected officials can earn.
2. How does the town of Pometia almost defeat the Romans?
(a) They surprise the Romans with an army of well trained soldiers.
(b) They outnumber the Romans by a two to one margin.
(c) They attack the Romans using domestic devices.
(d) They obtain more advanced weaponry than the Romans.
3. What do some of the creditors do to make the situation worse?
(a) They exploit the debtors.
(b) They attack the debtors physically.
(c) They refuse to accept repayment of the debts owed to them.
(d) They try to take property away from the debtors.
4. How are the Sabine people described in the book?
(a) They are not aware of Rome at the time the book was written.
(b) They are a recurrent opponent of Rome.
(c) They ignore Rome until they are attacked.
(d) They are recurrent allies of Rome.
5. In the Romans' victory over the Albans, how many total combatant deaths are there?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a difficulty that the author encounters while writing about the history of Rome?
2. How does Livy describe Tarquin's rule over Rome?
3. What causes Servilius and Appius to become unpopular with the Romans?
4. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
5. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)