|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
2. What are the women asked to disregard pertaining to the men they found themselves with at the start of Rome?
(a) Their resentment.
(b) Their attachment.
(c) Their fondness.
(d) Their hatred.
3. How does Livy describe Tarquin's rule over Rome?
4. What is made to honor Cloelia's bravery?
(a) A plaque.
(b) An official day of recognition.
(c) A painting of her portrait.
(d) A statue.
5. What does the great Roman warrior, Valerius, do once he enters politics?
(a) He gives more power to the Romans.
(b) He prosecutes all creditors for unlawful practices.
(c) He gives more power to the government.
(d) He removes all existing debts from the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Romans use war in the second part of The Republic?
2. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
3. How do the women stop the first known war between the inhabitants of Rome?
4. What does Cloelia do when she is held hostage for the second time?
5. According to Cloelia, what does gender influence?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)