|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cloelia do when she is held hostage for the second time?
(a) She oversees the food supply for the hostages.
(b) She oversees another escape by the hostages.
(c) She oversees a group of boy hostages.
(d) She oversees a group of girl hostages.
2. What does the group, the Aurunci, consist of?
(a) More than one town.
(b) Just one town.
(c) Just one country.
(d) More than one country.
3. What kinds of rights are the women promised when Rome is first beginning?
(a) All of the rights proper to Roman wives.
(b) None of the rights proper to Roman wives.
(c) Less rights than were common for Roman wives.
(d) More rights than were common for Roman wives.
4. What does Pompilius primarily focus on?
(a) Eliminating the culture of Rome.
(b) Civilizing the culture of Rome.
(c) Granting more power to himself.
(d) Granting more power to the senate.
5. What does the author tell the reader he is writing about in the first Introduction?
(a) The first people in Rome that anyone is certain of.
(b) The first people in Rome that cannot be verified.
(c) The group of people who traveled through Rome before it was founded.
(d) The second group of people to inhabit Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
2. What does the great Roman warrior, Valerius, do once he enters politics?
3. How do the surrounding political locations feel about Rome when it is first being created?
4. How do the people view the senators' fear of the crowds resulting from the debt problem the city faces?
5. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)