|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How common is the interaction between human and divine beings in Ancient Rome, according to Livy?
(a) It is very common.
(b) It happens only twice a year.
(c) It is very uncommon.
(d) It happens only once a year.
2. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
(a) A new trade agreement with other countries.
(b) A limit to what the Roman people can earn.
(c) A limit to what elected officials can earn.
(d) The census.
3. How many years is Rome a Republic before other well known governments are established, such as Athens and Sparta?
(a) About 320 years.
(b) About 200 years.
(c) About 120 years.
(d) About 400 years.
4. Who does the slave turn the information of the conspiracy over to?
(a) The consul.
(b) The senate.
(c) The people.
(d) The army.
5. How does Rome use the Dictatorship during The Republic?
(a) Only as needed.
(b) Every other year.
(c) It replaces the consul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of rights are the women promised when Rome is first beginning?
2. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
3. What does Pompilius primarily focus on?
4. How is the problem of debt described?
5. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)