|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the women stop the first known war between the inhabitants of Rome?
(a) They position themselves between the opposing armies.
(b) They speak to Romulus and convince him to stop it.
(c) They sign a petition and bring it to Romulus.
(d) They threaten to leave the city forever.
2. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
3. How do the surrounding political locations feel about Rome when it is first being created?
(a) They are confused by it.
(b) They like it.
(c) They fear it.
(d) They do not like it.
4. How does Rome use the Dictatorship during The Republic?
(a) Only as needed.
(b) It replaces the consul.
(d) Every other year.
5. What do the Romans surprisingly do after Cloelia successfully escapes from Porsena?
(a) They separate her from her family.
(b) They refuse to allow her entrance to Rome.
(c) They do not recognize her.
(d) They return her to Porsena.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
2. In the original book, how many chapter breaks are there in The Republic?
3. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
4. What does the group, the Aurunci, consist of?
5. Who is the elderly man that brought the issue of debt to the forefront?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)