|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
2. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
(a) That he be declared King.
(b) That there will no longer be elections.
(c) That there will be no more Kings.
(d) That the elections will happen every four years.
3. How does Rome use the Dictatorship during The Republic?
(b) Every other year.
(c) Only as needed.
(d) It replaces the consul.
4. What do the Romans surprisingly do after Cloelia successfully escapes from Porsena?
(a) They separate her from her family.
(b) They do not recognize her.
(c) They return her to Porsena.
(d) They refuse to allow her entrance to Rome.
5. How does Hostilius consider Pompilius's culture to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the original book, how many chapter breaks are there in The Republic?
2. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
3. What is the perception of Rome while Pompilius presides there?
4. How many years is a consul given to serve when the position is first created?
5. What does the great Roman warrior, Valerius, do once he enters politics?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)