|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the group of pacifists call themselves?
(a) The peace coalition.
(b) The anti-war coalition.
(c) The peace party.
(d) The anti-war party.
2. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
(a) He is respected, but not admired.
(b) He is admired and respected.
(c) He is admired, but not respected.
(d) He is neither admired nor respected.
3. What is the reason for Tarquin's failure at attempting to retake control of Rome?
(a) The people's fear of Brutus.
(b) Tarquin does not allow his men to rest, so they are too tired to fight Rome.
(c) Tarquin lacks the number of men needed to battle Rome.
(d) The support of the people for Brutus.
4. What result does the death of King Romulus have on Rome?
(a) It causes the Romans to stop the civil war going on.
(b) It causes the Romans to wage a civil war.
(c) It makes the Romans less vulnerable.
(d) It makes the Romans more vulnerable.
5. What does Cloelia do when she is held hostage for the second time?
(a) She oversees a group of girl hostages.
(b) She oversees another escape by the hostages.
(c) She oversees the food supply for the hostages.
(d) She oversees a group of boy hostages.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many debtors agree to sign up for the military the second time that the government asks them to?
2. How do the Romans use war in the second part of The Republic?
3. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
4. How is Horatius given a reprieve from the death penalty after his tragic response to his sister's reaction to the battle?
5. What is the slave given for his role in preventing the conspiracy?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)