|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cloelia do when she is held hostage for the second time?
(a) She oversees another escape by the hostages.
(b) She oversees the food supply for the hostages.
(c) She oversees a group of boy hostages.
(d) She oversees a group of girl hostages.
2. How many introductory pieces are there that precede the main text of the book?
3. How many tribes does Rome have at this point in their history in the second part of The Republic?
(a) Fifty one.
(b) Thirty one.
(c) Twenty one.
(d) Forty one.
4. How are the Sabine people described in the book?
(a) They ignore Rome until they are attacked.
(b) They are not aware of Rome at the time the book was written.
(c) They are recurrent allies of Rome.
(d) They are a recurrent opponent of Rome.
5. How long does Pompilius rule over Rome?
(a) Thirty-three years.
(b) Forty-three years.
(c) Twenty-three years.
(d) Fifty-three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
2. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
3. What causes Servilius and Appius to become unpopular with the Romans?
4. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
5. What is Circus Maximus?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)