|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Romulus rule for?
(a) Thirty-seven years.
(b) Twenty-seven years.
(c) Forty-seven years.
(d) Seventeen years.
2. How does Hostilius consider Pompilius's culture to be?
3. Who is the elderly man that brought the issue of debt to the forefront?
(a) A reputable soldier.
(b) A reputable politician.
(c) A former King.
(d) A former Commander.
4. How do the senators show their fear for the people's increasing awareness of the debt crisis?
(a) They stay away.
(b) They resign.
(c) They attempt to talk with the people more directly.
(d) They attempt to create new laws for time payments.
5. What does Romulus become known as?
(a) The foundation of Rome.
(b) The direction of Rome.
(c) The destruction of Rome.
(d) The preservation of Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
2. How does Rome use the Dictatorship during The Republic?
3. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
4. What does Pompilius primarily focus on?
5. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)