|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason given for why parents are eventually allowed to move into Rome?
(a) To be closer to relatives.
(b) To increase Rome's population even more.
(c) To be political advisors.
(d) To contribute to the economy.
2. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Bulgarians.
(c) The Albanians.
(d) The Turks.
3. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
(a) Both warlike and peaceful.
(b) Mainly peaceful.
(c) Neither warlike nor peaceful.
(d) Mainly warlike.
4. According to Cloelia, what does gender influence?
5. How does Livy describe Tarquin's rule over Rome?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the women asked to disregard pertaining to the men they found themselves with at the start of Rome?
2. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
3. What procedure does Ancus re-institute?
4. What result does the death of King Romulus have on Rome?
5. What is Circus Maximus?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)