|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many debtors agree to sign up for the military the second time that the government asks them to?
(a) All of them.
(b) Half of them.
(d) A quarter of them.
2. What do the people do when creditors attempt to collect repayment in the courts?
(a) They file lawsuits against the creditors in retaliation.
(b) They protest the government by holding big rallies.
(c) They encourage debtors not to attend the court proceedings.
(d) They form mobs to protect the debtors.
3. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are half-brothers.
(c) They are identical twins.
(d) They are fraternal twins.
4. Who does the slave turn the information of the conspiracy over to?
(a) The consul.
(b) The army.
(c) The people.
(d) The senate.
5. How does Livy describe Tarquin's rule over Rome?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the elderly man that brought the issue of debt to the forefront?
2. How do the senators show their fear for the people's increasing awareness of the debt crisis?
3. What procedure does Ancus re-institute?
4. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
5. Where does Romulus gather people from to help start Rome's population?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)