|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of rights are the women promised when Rome is first beginning?
(a) More rights than were common for Roman wives.
(b) None of the rights proper to Roman wives.
(c) All of the rights proper to Roman wives.
(d) Less rights than were common for Roman wives.
2. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
(a) He becomes more selective about which cities he takes people from in the future.
(b) He has guards patrol the city.
(c) He builds the first prison.
(d) He imposes a curfew on the city.
3. How long does the creation and establishment of Rome take?
4. What does Cloelia do when she is held hostage for the second time?
(a) She oversees a group of girl hostages.
(b) She oversees a group of boy hostages.
(c) She oversees another escape by the hostages.
(d) She oversees the food supply for the hostages.
5. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
(a) The Albanians.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The Bulgarians.
(d) The Greeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
2. What is the reason for Tarquin's failure at attempting to retake control of Rome?
3. According to Cloelia, what does gender influence?
4. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
5. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)