|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of rights are the women promised when Rome is first beginning?
(a) All of the rights proper to Roman wives.
(b) None of the rights proper to Roman wives.
(c) More rights than were common for Roman wives.
(d) Less rights than were common for Roman wives.
2. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
(a) A new trade agreement with other countries.
(b) A limit to what elected officials can earn.
(c) A limit to what the Roman people can earn.
(d) The census.
3. What does the author tell the reader he is writing about in the first Introduction?
(a) The first people in Rome that anyone is certain of.
(b) The first people in Rome that cannot be verified.
(c) The second group of people to inhabit Rome.
(d) The group of people who traveled through Rome before it was founded.
4. How is the problem of debt described?
(a) As a past civil problem..
(b) As an unmanageable civil and social problem.
(c) As a past social problem.
(d) As a manageable civil and social problem.
5. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
(a) That there will no longer be elections.
(b) That there will be no more Kings.
(c) That he be declared King.
(d) That the elections will happen every four years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Romans' victory over the Albans, how many total combatant deaths are there?
2. How many years is Rome a Republic before other well known governments are established, such as Athens and Sparta?
3. How do the people view the senators' fear of the crowds resulting from the debt problem the city faces?
4. As Part 2 of The Republic begins, what is a main focus of Rome's culture?
5. How many tribes does Rome have at this point in their history in the second part of The Republic?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)