|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
(a) By forfeit.
(c) He is appointed.
(d) In a split decision.
2. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
(a) The Albanians.
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The Bulgarians.
(d) The Turks.
3. How is the problem of debt described?
(a) As a past civil problem..
(b) As an unmanageable civil and social problem.
(c) As a manageable civil and social problem.
(d) As a past social problem.
4. How many years is a consul given to serve when the position is first created?
5. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
(a) He is admired and respected.
(b) He is neither admired nor respected.
(c) He is respected, but not admired.
(d) He is admired, but not respected.
Short Answer Questions
1. What procedure does Ancus re-institute?
2. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
3. What level of involvement do the leaders have in the war that featured debtors who agreed to fight in exchange for their debt being resolved?
4. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
5. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)