|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Pompilius rule over Rome?
(a) Twenty-three years.
(b) Forty-three years.
(c) Thirty-three years.
(d) Fifty-three years.
2. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
(a) They are identical twins.
(b) They are fraternal twins.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are half-brothers.
3. Which relative of Hostilius set the precedent for the meaning of the word "hostile?"
(a) His brother.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His father.
(d) His uncle.
4. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
(a) By forfeit.
(b) He is appointed.
(d) In a split decision.
5. What do the Romans surprisingly do after Cloelia successfully escapes from Porsena?
(a) They do not recognize her.
(b) They return her to Porsena.
(c) They separate her from her family.
(d) They refuse to allow her entrance to Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
2. How is the problem of debt described?
3. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
4. What do the Romans do as a way to deal with the debt problem once it becomes more intense?
5. What Latin city does Rome conquer in order to further increase its population?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)