|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Romans surprisingly do after Cloelia successfully escapes from Porsena?
(a) They return her to Porsena.
(b) They refuse to allow her entrance to Rome.
(c) They separate her from her family.
(d) They do not recognize her.
2. In the Romans' victory over the Albans, how many total combatant deaths are there?
3. How many years is Rome a Republic before other well known governments are established, such as Athens and Sparta?
(a) About 400 years.
(b) About 200 years.
(c) About 320 years.
(d) About 120 years.
4. How does Livy describe Tarquin's rule over Rome?
5. How is Horatius given a reprieve from the death penalty after his tragic response to his sister's reaction to the battle?
(a) No witnesses will testify against him.
(b) He is considered to have been in an abnormal state after the battle.
(c) The senate does not want to lose him as a soldier.
(d) He is found innocent of all charges.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rome use the Dictatorship during The Republic?
2. What does Pompilius primarily focus on?
3. How do the Romans use war in the second part of The Republic?
4. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
5. What does Cloelia do when she is held hostage for the second time?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)