|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Romans use war in the second part of The Republic?
(a) Preservation, resources, and expansion.
(b) Only preservation.
(c) Only preservation and resources.
(d) Only preservation and expansion.
2. What result does the death of King Romulus have on Rome?
(a) It makes the Romans more vulnerable.
(b) It causes the Romans to wage a civil war.
(c) It makes the Romans less vulnerable.
(d) It causes the Romans to stop the civil war going on.
3. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
(a) They are identical twins.
(b) They are fraternal twins.
(c) They are half-brothers.
(d) They are cousins.
4. How do the senators show their fear for the people's increasing awareness of the debt crisis?
(a) They attempt to create new laws for time payments.
(b) They stay away.
(c) They resign.
(d) They attempt to talk with the people more directly.
5. What is Circus Maximus?
(a) A large public stadium.
(b) A large, circular shaped senate building.
(c) A large, circular shaped courthouse.
(d) A large private stadium.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
2. How many tribes does Rome have at this point in their history in the second part of The Republic?
3. In the original book, how many chapter breaks are there in The Republic?
4. What is the reason given for why parents are eventually allowed to move into Rome?
5. What do the Romans do as a way to deal with the debt problem once it becomes more intense?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)