|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the town of Pometia almost defeat the Romans?
(a) They attack the Romans using domestic devices.
(b) They obtain more advanced weaponry than the Romans.
(c) They outnumber the Romans by a two to one margin.
(d) They surprise the Romans with an army of well trained soldiers.
2. How does Rome use the Dictatorship during The Republic?
(a) Only as needed.
(b) It replaces the consul.
(c) Every other year.
3. Which relative of Hostilius set the precedent for the meaning of the word "hostile?"
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His uncle.
4. How many debtors agree to sign up for the military the second time that the government asks them to?
(a) All of them.
(b) Half of them.
(d) A quarter of them.
5. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
(a) Neither warlike nor peaceful.
(b) Mainly peaceful.
(c) Mainly warlike.
(d) Both warlike and peaceful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Romans surprisingly do after Cloelia successfully escapes from Porsena?
2. What is Circus Maximus?
3. In the Romans' victory over the Albans, how many total combatant deaths are there?
4. What is the reason for Tarquin's failure at attempting to retake control of Rome?
5. How does Livy describe Tarquin's rule over Rome?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)