|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 1, Rome as a Republic, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the town of Pometia almost defeat the Romans?
(a) They obtain more advanced weaponry than the Romans.
(b) They surprise the Romans with an army of well trained soldiers.
(c) They attack the Romans using domestic devices.
(d) They outnumber the Romans by a two to one margin.
2. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
3. According to Cloelia, what does gender influence?
4. What result does the death of King Romulus have on Rome?
(a) It makes the Romans less vulnerable.
(b) It causes the Romans to wage a civil war.
(c) It makes the Romans more vulnerable.
(d) It causes the Romans to stop the civil war going on.
5. What is Brutus known as in the beginning of the second book?
(a) Brutus the Destroyer.
(b) Brutus the Conqueror.
(c) Brutus the Betrayer.
(d) Brutus the Liberator.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Livy describe Tarquin's rule over Rome?
2. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
3. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
4. What is Circus Maximus?
5. What does the group of pacifists call themselves?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)