|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 1, Rome as a Republic, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the perception of Rome while Pompilius presides there?
(a) It is peaceful but lacks discipline.
(b) It is volatile but disciplined.
(c) It is volatile and undisciplined.
(d) It is peaceful and well disciplined.
2. What procedure does Ancus re-institute?
(a) An election by the people.
(b) An election by the senate.
(c) The declaration of war.
(d) The declaration of peace.
3. Which relative of Hostilius set the precedent for the meaning of the word "hostile?"
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His brother.
4. In the Romans' victory over the Albans, how many total combatant deaths are there?
5. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
(a) That there will no longer be elections.
(b) That there will be no more Kings.
(c) That the elections will happen every four years.
(d) That he be declared King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of rights are the women promised when Rome is first beginning?
2. What does Cloelia do when she is held hostage for the second time?
3. What does Pompilius primarily focus on?
4. What is Brutus known as in the beginning of the second book?
5. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)