|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 1, Rome as a Republic, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the slave given for his role in preventing the conspiracy?
(a) Roman citizenship.
(b) The chance to purchase land.
(c) Free land.
(d) A place in the senate.
2. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
(b) In a split decision.
(c) By forfeit.
(d) He is appointed.
3. What does Romulus become known as?
(a) The foundation of Rome.
(b) The destruction of Rome.
(c) The preservation of Rome.
(d) The direction of Rome.
4. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
5. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Livy describe Tarquin's rule over Rome?
2. What is the reason given for why parents are eventually allowed to move into Rome?
3. What does the author tell the reader he is writing about in the first Introduction?
4. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
5. How does the town of Pometia almost defeat the Romans?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)