|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 1, Rome as a Republic, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
2. How many introductory pieces are there that precede the main text of the book?
3. What is the reason for Tarquin's failure at attempting to retake control of Rome?
(a) The support of the people for Brutus.
(b) Tarquin does not allow his men to rest, so they are too tired to fight Rome.
(c) Tarquin lacks the number of men needed to battle Rome.
(d) The people's fear of Brutus.
4. What Latin city does Rome conquer in order to further increase its population?
5. How do the surrounding political locations feel about Rome when it is first being created?
(a) They fear it.
(b) They do not like it.
(c) They like it.
(d) They are confused by it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the creation and establishment of Rome take?
2. How is Horatius given a reprieve from the death penalty after his tragic response to his sister's reaction to the battle?
3. What does the group of pacifists call themselves?
4. What procedure does Ancus re-institute?
5. How long does Pompilius rule over Rome?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)