|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 1, Rome as a Republic, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Livy describe Tarquin's rule over Rome?
2. In the Romans' victory over the Albans, how many total combatant deaths are there?
3. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
(a) He is admired, but not respected.
(b) He is neither admired nor respected.
(c) He is admired and respected.
(d) He is respected, but not admired.
4. How do the women stop the first known war between the inhabitants of Rome?
(a) They position themselves between the opposing armies.
(b) They speak to Romulus and convince him to stop it.
(c) They sign a petition and bring it to Romulus.
(d) They threaten to leave the city forever.
5. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
(a) That the elections will happen every four years.
(b) That there will be no more Kings.
(c) That he be declared King.
(d) That there will no longer be elections.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
2. How long does the creation and establishment of Rome take?
3. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
4. What result does the death of King Romulus have on Rome?
5. What is Brutus known as in the beginning of the second book?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)