|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 1, Rome as a Republic, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
(a) By forfeit.
(c) In a split decision.
(d) He is appointed.
2. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
3. What result does the death of King Romulus have on Rome?
(a) It makes the Romans less vulnerable.
(b) It makes the Romans more vulnerable.
(c) It causes the Romans to stop the civil war going on.
(d) It causes the Romans to wage a civil war.
4. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
5. What is the reason for Tarquin's failure at attempting to retake control of Rome?
(a) Tarquin lacks the number of men needed to battle Rome.
(b) The people's fear of Brutus.
(c) Tarquin does not allow his men to rest, so they are too tired to fight Rome.
(d) The support of the people for Brutus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
2. What is the reason given for why parents are eventually allowed to move into Rome?
3. How many introductory pieces are there that precede the main text of the book?
4. Which relative of Hostilius set the precedent for the meaning of the word "hostile?"
5. How does the slave described in the beginning of Rome's new consul learn of the conspirators' plans?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)