|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 1, Rome as a Republic, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What procedure does Ancus re-institute?
(a) An election by the senate.
(b) An election by the people.
(c) The declaration of war.
(d) The declaration of peace.
2. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
3. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
(a) The Etruscans.
(b) The Venetians.
(c) The Ligurians.
(d) The Umbrians.
4. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
5. How does the town of Pometia almost defeat the Romans?
(a) They attack the Romans using domestic devices.
(b) They outnumber the Romans by a two to one margin.
(c) They surprise the Romans with an army of well trained soldiers.
(d) They obtain more advanced weaponry than the Romans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Romans surprisingly do after Cloelia successfully escapes from Porsena?
2. What does Cloelia do when she is held hostage for the second time?
3. How do the women stop the first known war between the inhabitants of Rome?
4. What is the reason for Tarquin's failure at attempting to retake control of Rome?
5. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)