|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 1, Rome as a Republic, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
(a) They are identical twins.
(b) They are fraternal twins.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are half-brothers.
2. What is the reason given for why parents are eventually allowed to move into Rome?
(a) To contribute to the economy.
(b) To be closer to relatives.
(c) To increase Rome's population even more.
(d) To be political advisors.
3. Who does the slave turn the information of the conspiracy over to?
(a) The people.
(b) The army.
(c) The senate.
(d) The consul.
4. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
(a) The Venetians.
(b) The Etruscans.
(c) The Umbrians.
(d) The Ligurians.
5. How does Livy describe Tarquin's rule over Rome?
Short Answer Questions
1. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
2. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
3. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
4. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
5. What Latin city does Rome conquer in order to further increase its population?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)