|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 1, Rome as a Republic, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What result does the death of King Romulus have on Rome?
(a) It makes the Romans more vulnerable.
(b) It causes the Romans to wage a civil war.
(c) It causes the Romans to stop the civil war going on.
(d) It makes the Romans less vulnerable.
2. How long does the creation and establishment of Rome take?
3. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
(a) He is respected, but not admired.
(b) He is neither admired nor respected.
(c) He is admired and respected.
(d) He is admired, but not respected.
4. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
(a) A limit to what elected officials can earn.
(b) A new trade agreement with other countries.
(c) The census.
(d) A limit to what the Roman people can earn.
5. According to Cloelia, what does gender influence?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
2. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
3. How many introductory pieces are there that precede the main text of the book?
4. Where does Romulus gather people from to help start Rome's population?
5. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)