|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 1, Rome as a Republic, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
2. What does the author tell the reader he is writing about in the first Introduction?
(a) The second group of people to inhabit Rome.
(b) The first people in Rome that cannot be verified.
(c) The first people in Rome that anyone is certain of.
(d) The group of people who traveled through Rome before it was founded.
3. Who does the slave turn the information of the conspiracy over to?
(a) The consul.
(b) The senate.
(c) The army.
(d) The people.
4. What kinds of rights are the women promised when Rome is first beginning?
(a) None of the rights proper to Roman wives.
(b) More rights than were common for Roman wives.
(c) Less rights than were common for Roman wives.
(d) All of the rights proper to Roman wives.
5. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
(a) In a split decision.
(b) By forfeit.
(c) He is appointed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pompilius primarily focus on?
2. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
3. What does Cloelia do when she is held hostage for the second time?
4. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
5. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)