|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 1, Rome as a Republic, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the slave described in the beginning of Rome's new consul learn of the conspirators' plans?
(a) He knows another slave who works for one of the conspirators.
(b) He overhears their conversation while passing them on the street.
(c) He works for one of the conspirators.
(d) He knows another slave who has overheard their conversation.
2. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
3. Who does the slave turn the information of the conspiracy over to?
(a) The consul.
(b) The people.
(c) The army.
(d) The senate.
4. What does Pompilius primarily focus on?
(a) Granting more power to himself.
(b) Eliminating the culture of Rome.
(c) Civilizing the culture of Rome.
(d) Granting more power to the senate.
5. What Latin city does Rome conquer in order to further increase its population?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
2. What is made to honor Cloelia's bravery?
3. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
4. What does the group of pacifists call themselves?
5. What is the slave given for his role in preventing the conspiracy?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)