|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 1, Rome as a Republic, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of rights are the women promised when Rome is first beginning?
(a) All of the rights proper to Roman wives.
(b) Less rights than were common for Roman wives.
(c) More rights than were common for Roman wives.
(d) None of the rights proper to Roman wives.
2. What are the women asked to disregard pertaining to the men they found themselves with at the start of Rome?
(a) Their hatred.
(b) Their attachment.
(c) Their resentment.
(d) Their fondness.
3. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
4. What does Romulus become known as?
(a) The destruction of Rome.
(b) The foundation of Rome.
(c) The direction of Rome.
(d) The preservation of Rome.
5. How do the surrounding political locations feel about Rome when it is first being created?
(a) They like it.
(b) They are confused by it.
(c) They fear it.
(d) They do not like it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
2. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
3. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
4. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
5. In the Romans' victory over the Albans, how many total combatant deaths are there?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)