|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 1, Rome as a Republic, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the group, the Aurunci, consist of?
(a) Just one town.
(b) More than one country.
(c) More than one town.
(d) Just one country.
2. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
3. What does Romulus become known as?
(a) The direction of Rome.
(b) The destruction of Rome.
(c) The preservation of Rome.
(d) The foundation of Rome.
4. How many introductory pieces are there that precede the main text of the book?
5. How common is the interaction between human and divine beings in Ancient Rome, according to Livy?
(a) It happens only twice a year.
(b) It happens only once a year.
(c) It is very common.
(d) It is very uncommon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
2. What does Cloelia do when she is held hostage for the second time?
3. What is the perception of Rome while Pompilius presides there?
4. What is made to honor Cloelia's bravery?
5. What are the women asked to disregard pertaining to the men they found themselves with at the start of Rome?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)