|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 1, Rome as a Republic, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
(a) By forfeit.
(b) He is appointed.
(d) In a split decision.
2. How is Horatius given a reprieve from the death penalty after his tragic response to his sister's reaction to the battle?
(a) The senate does not want to lose him as a soldier.
(b) No witnesses will testify against him.
(c) He is found innocent of all charges.
(d) He is considered to have been in an abnormal state after the battle.
3. What does the group, the Aurunci, consist of?
(a) Just one country.
(b) Just one town.
(c) More than one country.
(d) More than one town.
4. What does Pompilius primarily focus on?
(a) Eliminating the culture of Rome.
(b) Granting more power to the senate.
(c) Civilizing the culture of Rome.
(d) Granting more power to himself.
5. According to Cloelia, what does gender influence?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Romulus become known as?
2. What is the slave given for his role in preventing the conspiracy?
3. What procedure does Ancus re-institute?
4. How common is the interaction between human and divine beings in Ancient Rome, according to Livy?
5. What does Cloelia do when she is held hostage for the second time?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)