|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 1, Rome as a Republic, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author tell the reader he is writing about in the first Introduction?
(a) The group of people who traveled through Rome before it was founded.
(b) The first people in Rome that cannot be verified.
(c) The second group of people to inhabit Rome.
(d) The first people in Rome that anyone is certain of.
2. According to Cloelia, what does gender influence?
3. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
4. What does Romulus become known as?
(a) The direction of Rome.
(b) The foundation of Rome.
(c) The destruction of Rome.
(d) The preservation of Rome.
5. What does Cloelia do when she is held hostage for the second time?
(a) She oversees another escape by the hostages.
(b) She oversees the food supply for the hostages.
(c) She oversees a group of boy hostages.
(d) She oversees a group of girl hostages.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the slave turn the information of the conspiracy over to?
2. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
3. How does the slave described in the beginning of Rome's new consul learn of the conspirators' plans?
4. How does Hostilius consider Pompilius's culture to be?
5. What is made to honor Cloelia's bravery?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)