|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 1, Rome as a Republic, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Romans surprisingly do after Cloelia successfully escapes from Porsena?
(a) They separate her from her family.
(b) They do not recognize her.
(c) They refuse to allow her entrance to Rome.
(d) They return her to Porsena.
2. In the Romans' victory over the Albans, how many total combatant deaths are there?
3. How do the women stop the first known war between the inhabitants of Rome?
(a) They threaten to leave the city forever.
(b) They sign a petition and bring it to Romulus.
(c) They speak to Romulus and convince him to stop it.
(d) They position themselves between the opposing armies.
4. What is the reason given for why parents are eventually allowed to move into Rome?
(a) To increase Rome's population even more.
(b) To contribute to the economy.
(c) To be closer to relatives.
(d) To be political advisors.
5. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
(a) He imposes a curfew on the city.
(b) He builds the first prison.
(c) He becomes more selective about which cities he takes people from in the future.
(d) He has guards patrol the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Horatius given a reprieve from the death penalty after his tragic response to his sister's reaction to the battle?
2. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
3. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
4. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
5. What does Cloelia do when she is held hostage for the second time?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)