|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 1, Rome as a Republic, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
2. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
3. Where does Romulus gather people from to help start Rome's population?
(a) All of the surrounding countries.
(b) All of the surrounding villages.
(c) A select amount of the surrounding villages.
(d) A select amount of the surrounding countries.
4. What is a difficulty that the author encounters while writing about the history of Rome?
(a) Omission of facts.
(b) The language.
(c) The origins.
(d) Exaggeration of facts.
5. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the slave turn the information of the conspiracy over to?
2. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
3. What result does the death of King Romulus have on Rome?
4. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
5. What do the Romans surprisingly do after Cloelia successfully escapes from Porsena?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)