|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 1, Rome as a Republic, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the group of pacifists call themselves?
(a) The anti-war coalition.
(b) The peace coalition.
(c) The anti-war party.
(d) The peace party.
2. What does the group, the Aurunci, consist of?
(a) More than one country.
(b) Just one country.
(c) Just one town.
(d) More than one town.
3. How common is the interaction between human and divine beings in Ancient Rome, according to Livy?
(a) It happens only twice a year.
(b) It happens only once a year.
(c) It is very uncommon.
(d) It is very common.
4. What do the Romans surprisingly do after Cloelia successfully escapes from Porsena?
(a) They return her to Porsena.
(b) They do not recognize her.
(c) They refuse to allow her entrance to Rome.
(d) They separate her from her family.
5. Which relative of Hostilius set the precedent for the meaning of the word "hostile?"
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
2. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
3. In the Romans' victory over the Albans, how many total combatant deaths are there?
4. How does Hostilius consider Pompilius's culture to be?
5. Who does the slave turn the information of the conspiracy over to?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)