|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 1, Rome as a Republic, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The Bulgarians.
(d) The Albanians.
2. How long does Pompilius rule over Rome?
(a) Thirty-three years.
(b) Twenty-three years.
(c) Fifty-three years.
(d) Forty-three years.
3. What does the group, the Aurunci, consist of?
(a) More than one town.
(b) Just one town.
(c) Just one country.
(d) More than one country.
4. What does the author tell the reader he is writing about in the first Introduction?
(a) The first people in Rome that cannot be verified.
(b) The second group of people to inhabit Rome.
(c) The group of people who traveled through Rome before it was founded.
(d) The first people in Rome that anyone is certain of.
5. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
(a) By forfeit.
(b) He is appointed.
(c) In a split decision.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the group of pacifists call themselves?
2. How does the slave described in the beginning of Rome's new consul learn of the conspirators' plans?
3. What does Romulus become known as?
4. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
5. How many years is a consul given to serve when the position is first created?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)