|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 1, Rome as a Republic, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
(a) A new trade agreement with other countries.
(b) The census.
(c) A limit to what elected officials can earn.
(d) A limit to what the Roman people can earn.
2. How does the town of Pometia almost defeat the Romans?
(a) They obtain more advanced weaponry than the Romans.
(b) They attack the Romans using domestic devices.
(c) They surprise the Romans with an army of well trained soldiers.
(d) They outnumber the Romans by a two to one margin.
3. According to Cloelia, what does gender influence?
4. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
(a) He is appointed.
(c) By forfeit.
(d) In a split decision.
5. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
2. How does Livy describe Tarquin's rule over Rome?
3. How long does the creation and establishment of Rome take?
4. What does Pompilius primarily focus on?
5. Who does the slave turn the information of the conspiracy over to?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)