|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 1, Rome as a Republic, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Circus Maximus?
(a) A large, circular shaped senate building.
(b) A large public stadium.
(c) A large private stadium.
(d) A large, circular shaped courthouse.
2. What result does the death of King Romulus have on Rome?
(a) It causes the Romans to stop the civil war going on.
(b) It causes the Romans to wage a civil war.
(c) It makes the Romans more vulnerable.
(d) It makes the Romans less vulnerable.
3. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
(a) He is appointed.
(b) In a split decision.
(d) By forfeit.
4. How long did Romulus rule for?
(a) Forty-seven years.
(b) Thirty-seven years.
(c) Twenty-seven years.
(d) Seventeen years.
5. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the surrounding political locations feel about Rome when it is first being created?
2. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
3. What does the author tell the reader he is writing about in the first Introduction?
4. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
5. How many years is Rome a Republic before other well known governments are established, such as Athens and Sparta?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)