|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 1, Rome as a Republic, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of rights are the women promised when Rome is first beginning?
(a) None of the rights proper to Roman wives.
(b) Less rights than were common for Roman wives.
(c) All of the rights proper to Roman wives.
(d) More rights than were common for Roman wives.
2. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The Albanians.
(d) The Bulgarians.
3. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
(a) They are identical twins.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are half-brothers.
(d) They are fraternal twins.
4. What is the reason given for why parents are eventually allowed to move into Rome?
(a) To be political advisors.
(b) To increase Rome's population even more.
(c) To be closer to relatives.
(d) To contribute to the economy.
5. How many introductory pieces are there that precede the main text of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the group of pacifists call themselves?
2. What do the Romans surprisingly do after Cloelia successfully escapes from Porsena?
3. How does the slave described in the beginning of Rome's new consul learn of the conspirators' plans?
4. What are the women asked to disregard pertaining to the men they found themselves with at the start of Rome?
5. What procedure does Ancus re-institute?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)