|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 1, Rome as a Republic, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Romulus become known as?
(a) The preservation of Rome.
(b) The destruction of Rome.
(c) The foundation of Rome.
(d) The direction of Rome.
2. How does Hostilius consider Pompilius's culture to be?
3. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
4. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Bulgarians.
(c) The Turks.
(d) The Albanians.
5. How do the women stop the first known war between the inhabitants of Rome?
(a) They speak to Romulus and convince him to stop it.
(b) They position themselves between the opposing armies.
(c) They threaten to leave the city forever.
(d) They sign a petition and bring it to Romulus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the women asked to disregard pertaining to the men they found themselves with at the start of Rome?
2. How is Horatius given a reprieve from the death penalty after his tragic response to his sister's reaction to the battle?
3. What is a difficulty that the author encounters while writing about the history of Rome?
4. What does Cloelia do when she is held hostage for the second time?
5. How does the town of Pometia almost defeat the Romans?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)