|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 1, Rome as a Republic, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author tell the reader he is writing about in the first Introduction?
(a) The first people in Rome that cannot be verified.
(b) The second group of people to inhabit Rome.
(c) The first people in Rome that anyone is certain of.
(d) The group of people who traveled through Rome before it was founded.
2. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
(a) He is admired, but not respected.
(b) He is neither admired nor respected.
(c) He is admired and respected.
(d) He is respected, but not admired.
3. What procedure does Ancus re-institute?
(a) An election by the people.
(b) An election by the senate.
(c) The declaration of war.
(d) The declaration of peace.
4. What is Brutus known as in the beginning of the second book?
(a) Brutus the Conqueror.
(b) Brutus the Liberator.
(c) Brutus the Destroyer.
(d) Brutus the Betrayer.
5. How many years is Rome a Republic before other well known governments are established, such as Athens and Sparta?
(a) About 200 years.
(b) About 400 years.
(c) About 320 years.
(d) About 120 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Latin city does Rome conquer in order to further increase its population?
2. What does the group of pacifists call themselves?
3. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
4. How long does Pompilius rule over Rome?
5. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)