|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 1, Rome as a Republic, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
(a) He is respected, but not admired.
(b) He is neither admired nor respected.
(c) He is admired and respected.
(d) He is admired, but not respected.
2. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
3. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
(a) He imposes a curfew on the city.
(b) He builds the first prison.
(c) He becomes more selective about which cities he takes people from in the future.
(d) He has guards patrol the city.
4. What is a difficulty that the author encounters while writing about the history of Rome?
(a) Omission of facts.
(b) The origins.
(c) The language.
(d) Exaggeration of facts.
5. How many years is Rome a Republic before other well known governments are established, such as Athens and Sparta?
(a) About 400 years.
(b) About 120 years.
(c) About 320 years.
(d) About 200 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
2. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
3. What do the Romans surprisingly do after Cloelia successfully escapes from Porsena?
4. Where does Romulus gather people from to help start Rome's population?
5. In the Romans' victory over the Albans, how many total combatant deaths are there?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)