|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Earliest Rome: Chapter 2, Rome Under the Kings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
2. How do the women stop the first known war between the inhabitants of Rome?
(a) They threaten to leave the city forever.
(b) They sign a petition and bring it to Romulus.
(c) They speak to Romulus and convince him to stop it.
(d) They position themselves between the opposing armies.
3. How does Hostilius consider Pompilius's culture to be?
4. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are half-brothers.
(c) They are identical twins.
(d) They are fraternal twins.
5. How long did Romulus rule for?
(a) Forty-seven years.
(b) Thirty-seven years.
(c) Twenty-seven years.
(d) Seventeen years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a difficulty that the author encounters while writing about the history of Rome?
2. In the Romans' victory over the Albans, how many total combatant deaths are there?
3. How many introductory pieces are there that precede the main text of the book?
4. How common is the interaction between human and divine beings in Ancient Rome, according to Livy?
5. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)