|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Earliest Rome: Chapter 2, Rome Under the Kings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
(a) He is admired, but not respected.
(b) He is admired and respected.
(c) He is respected, but not admired.
(d) He is neither admired nor respected.
2. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
3. What does the author tell the reader he is writing about in the first Introduction?
(a) The first people in Rome that anyone is certain of.
(b) The first people in Rome that cannot be verified.
(c) The second group of people to inhabit Rome.
(d) The group of people who traveled through Rome before it was founded.
4. What is the reason given for why parents are eventually allowed to move into Rome?
(a) To be closer to relatives.
(b) To contribute to the economy.
(c) To be political advisors.
(d) To increase Rome's population even more.
5. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
(a) The census.
(b) A new trade agreement with other countries.
(c) A limit to what elected officials can earn.
(d) A limit to what the Roman people can earn.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
2. Which relative of Hostilius set the precedent for the meaning of the word "hostile?"
3. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
4. How common is the interaction between human and divine beings in Ancient Rome, according to Livy?
5. How long did Romulus rule for?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)