|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Earliest Rome: Chapter 2, Rome Under the Kings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
2. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
(a) A new trade agreement with other countries.
(b) A limit to what elected officials can earn.
(c) A limit to what the Roman people can earn.
(d) The census.
3. What does the author tell the reader he is writing about in the first Introduction?
(a) The second group of people to inhabit Rome.
(b) The first people in Rome that cannot be verified.
(c) The first people in Rome that anyone is certain of.
(d) The group of people who traveled through Rome before it was founded.
4. What is the perception of Rome while Pompilius presides there?
(a) It is volatile and undisciplined.
(b) It is volatile but disciplined.
(c) It is peaceful but lacks discipline.
(d) It is peaceful and well disciplined.
5. Where does Romulus gather people from to help start Rome's population?
(a) A select amount of the surrounding countries.
(b) All of the surrounding countries.
(c) All of the surrounding villages.
(d) A select amount of the surrounding villages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason given for why parents are eventually allowed to move into Rome?
2. What is a difficulty that the author encounters while writing about the history of Rome?
3. What Latin city does Rome conquer in order to further increase its population?
4. How long did Romulus rule for?
5. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)