|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Earliest Rome: Chapter 2, Rome Under the Kings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a difficulty that the author encounters while writing about the history of Rome?
(a) Omission of facts.
(b) The origins.
(c) Exaggeration of facts.
(d) The language.
2. How is Horatius given a reprieve from the death penalty after his tragic response to his sister's reaction to the battle?
(a) He is found innocent of all charges.
(b) He is considered to have been in an abnormal state after the battle.
(c) No witnesses will testify against him.
(d) The senate does not want to lose him as a soldier.
3. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
4. What is the reason given for why parents are eventually allowed to move into Rome?
(a) To be political advisors.
(b) To increase Rome's population even more.
(c) To contribute to the economy.
(d) To be closer to relatives.
5. What is Circus Maximus?
(a) A large, circular shaped courthouse.
(b) A large private stadium.
(c) A large, circular shaped senate building.
(d) A large public stadium.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many introductory pieces are there that precede the main text of the book?
2. How do the surrounding political locations feel about Rome when it is first being created?
3. What are the women asked to disregard pertaining to the men they found themselves with at the start of Rome?
4. What does Pompilius primarily focus on?
5. In the Romans' victory over the Albans, how many total combatant deaths are there?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)