|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Earliest Rome: Chapter 2, Rome Under the Kings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Horatius given a reprieve from the death penalty after his tragic response to his sister's reaction to the battle?
(a) The senate does not want to lose him as a soldier.
(b) No witnesses will testify against him.
(c) He is found innocent of all charges.
(d) He is considered to have been in an abnormal state after the battle.
2. What is the perception of Rome while Pompilius presides there?
(a) It is volatile but disciplined.
(b) It is peaceful but lacks discipline.
(c) It is volatile and undisciplined.
(d) It is peaceful and well disciplined.
3. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
(a) The Turks.
(b) The Albanians.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Bulgarians.
4. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
5. How do the surrounding political locations feel about Rome when it is first being created?
(a) They like it.
(b) They fear it.
(c) They are confused by it.
(d) They do not like it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
2. What result does the death of King Romulus have on Rome?
3. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
4. What does the author tell the reader he is writing about in the first Introduction?
5. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)