|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Earliest Rome: Chapter 2, Rome Under the Kings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
2. How long did Romulus rule for?
(a) Twenty-seven years.
(b) Forty-seven years.
(c) Seventeen years.
(d) Thirty-seven years.
3. How is Horatius given a reprieve from the death penalty after his tragic response to his sister's reaction to the battle?
(a) No witnesses will testify against him.
(b) He is found innocent of all charges.
(c) He is considered to have been in an abnormal state after the battle.
(d) The senate does not want to lose him as a soldier.
4. In the Romans' victory over the Albans, how many total combatant deaths are there?
5. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
(a) The census.
(b) A new trade agreement with other countries.
(c) A limit to what elected officials can earn.
(d) A limit to what the Roman people can earn.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
2. How common is the interaction between human and divine beings in Ancient Rome, according to Livy?
3. What Latin city does Rome conquer in order to further increase its population?
4. How long does the creation and establishment of Rome take?
5. What is the perception of Rome while Pompilius presides there?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)