|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Earliest Rome: Chapter 2, Rome Under the Kings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Horatius given a reprieve from the death penalty after his tragic response to his sister's reaction to the battle?
(a) No witnesses will testify against him.
(b) He is considered to have been in an abnormal state after the battle.
(c) He is found innocent of all charges.
(d) The senate does not want to lose him as a soldier.
2. How many introductory pieces are there that precede the main text of the book?
3. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
(b) He is appointed.
(c) By forfeit.
(d) In a split decision.
4. What Latin city does Rome conquer in order to further increase its population?
5. What result does the death of King Romulus have on Rome?
(a) It makes the Romans less vulnerable.
(b) It causes the Romans to wage a civil war.
(c) It causes the Romans to stop the civil war going on.
(d) It makes the Romans more vulnerable.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
2. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
3. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
4. What is the perception of Rome while Pompilius presides there?
5. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)