|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Earliest Rome: Chapter 2, Rome Under the Kings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
(a) By forfeit.
(c) In a split decision.
(d) He is appointed.
2. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
3. Which relative of Hostilius set the precedent for the meaning of the word "hostile?"
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His grandfather.
4. What does Pompilius primarily focus on?
(a) Civilizing the culture of Rome.
(b) Granting more power to the senate.
(c) Granting more power to himself.
(d) Eliminating the culture of Rome.
5. How many introductory pieces are there that precede the main text of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Latin city does Rome conquer in order to further increase its population?
2. How does Hostilius consider Pompilius's culture to be?
3. What kinds of rights are the women promised when Rome is first beginning?
4. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
5. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)