|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Earliest Rome: Chapter 2, Rome Under the Kings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
2. In the Romans' victory over the Albans, how many total combatant deaths are there?
3. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
(b) In a split decision.
(c) By forfeit.
(d) He is appointed.
4. How many introductory pieces are there that precede the main text of the book?
5. What is Circus Maximus?
(a) A large, circular shaped senate building.
(b) A large private stadium.
(c) A large public stadium.
(d) A large, circular shaped courthouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
2. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
3. How long does the creation and establishment of Rome take?
4. How does Hostilius consider Pompilius's culture to be?
5. What is a difficulty that the author encounters while writing about the history of Rome?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)