|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Earliest Rome: Chapter 2, Rome Under the Kings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Romulus become known as?
(a) The direction of Rome.
(b) The destruction of Rome.
(c) The foundation of Rome.
(d) The preservation of Rome.
2. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
3. In the Romans' victory over the Albans, how many total combatant deaths are there?
4. What is the perception of Rome while Pompilius presides there?
(a) It is peaceful and well disciplined.
(b) It is volatile but disciplined.
(c) It is volatile and undisciplined.
(d) It is peaceful but lacks discipline.
5. What result does the death of King Romulus have on Rome?
(a) It makes the Romans more vulnerable.
(b) It causes the Romans to stop the civil war going on.
(c) It causes the Romans to wage a civil war.
(d) It makes the Romans less vulnerable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What procedure does Ancus re-institute?
2. What are the women asked to disregard pertaining to the men they found themselves with at the start of Rome?
3. What is Circus Maximus?
4. How is Horatius given a reprieve from the death penalty after his tragic response to his sister's reaction to the battle?
5. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)