|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Earliest Rome: Chapter 2, Rome Under the Kings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
(a) Neither warlike nor peaceful.
(b) Mainly warlike.
(c) Both warlike and peaceful.
(d) Mainly peaceful.
2. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
(a) He is respected, but not admired.
(b) He is admired, but not respected.
(c) He is admired and respected.
(d) He is neither admired nor respected.
3. In the Romans' victory over the Albans, how many total combatant deaths are there?
4. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
5. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
(a) They are fraternal twins.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are half-brothers.
(d) They are identical twins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the creation and establishment of Rome take?
2. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
3. How many introductory pieces are there that precede the main text of the book?
4. What is a difficulty that the author encounters while writing about the history of Rome?
5. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)