|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Earliest Rome: Chapter 2, Rome Under the Kings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Pompilius rule over Rome?
(a) Forty-three years.
(b) Thirty-three years.
(c) Twenty-three years.
(d) Fifty-three years.
2. How many introductory pieces are there that precede the main text of the book?
3. What procedure does Ancus re-institute?
(a) The declaration of peace.
(b) An election by the senate.
(c) The declaration of war.
(d) An election by the people.
4. What are the women asked to disregard pertaining to the men they found themselves with at the start of Rome?
(a) Their resentment.
(b) Their hatred.
(c) Their fondness.
(d) Their attachment.
5. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
(a) They are identical twins.
(b) They are fraternal twins.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are half-brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Romulus gather people from to help start Rome's population?
2. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
3. What kinds of rights are the women promised when Rome is first beginning?
4. What is a difficulty that the author encounters while writing about the history of Rome?
5. In the Romans' victory over the Albans, how many total combatant deaths are there?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)