|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Earliest Rome: Chapter 2, Rome Under the Kings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hostilius consider Pompilius's culture to be?
2. How do the surrounding political locations feel about Rome when it is first being created?
(a) They are confused by it.
(b) They like it.
(c) They fear it.
(d) They do not like it.
3. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
4. How long does Pompilius rule over Rome?
(a) Twenty-three years.
(b) Forty-three years.
(c) Fifty-three years.
(d) Thirty-three years.
5. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
(a) He is respected, but not admired.
(b) He is admired, but not respected.
(c) He is admired and respected.
(d) He is neither admired nor respected.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
2. What is the reason given for why parents are eventually allowed to move into Rome?
3. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
4. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
5. Which relative of Hostilius set the precedent for the meaning of the word "hostile?"
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)