|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Earliest Rome: Chapter 2, Rome Under the Kings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the surrounding political locations feel about Rome when it is first being created?
(a) They are confused by it.
(b) They fear it.
(c) They like it.
(d) They do not like it.
2. What result does the death of King Romulus have on Rome?
(a) It makes the Romans less vulnerable.
(b) It makes the Romans more vulnerable.
(c) It causes the Romans to stop the civil war going on.
(d) It causes the Romans to wage a civil war.
3. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
4. How does Livy describe Tarquin's rule over Rome?
5. How long did Romulus rule for?
(a) Twenty-seven years.
(b) Seventeen years.
(c) Forty-seven years.
(d) Thirty-seven years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which relative of Hostilius set the precedent for the meaning of the word "hostile?"
2. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
3. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
4. How many introductory pieces are there that precede the main text of the book?
5. How long does the creation and establishment of Rome take?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)