|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Earliest Rome: Chapter 2, Rome Under the Kings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
(a) A limit to what the Roman people can earn.
(b) A new trade agreement with other countries.
(c) The census.
(d) A limit to what elected officials can earn.
2. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
3. How long did Romulus rule for?
(a) Thirty-seven years.
(b) Twenty-seven years.
(c) Seventeen years.
(d) Forty-seven years.
4. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
(a) He builds the first prison.
(b) He becomes more selective about which cities he takes people from in the future.
(c) He imposes a curfew on the city.
(d) He has guards patrol the city.
5. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the women stop the first known war between the inhabitants of Rome?
2. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
3. What does Romulus become known as?
4. How do the surrounding political locations feel about Rome when it is first being created?
5. How many introductory pieces are there that precede the main text of the book?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)