|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Earliest Rome: Chapter 2, Rome Under the Kings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the women stop the first known war between the inhabitants of Rome?
(a) They position themselves between the opposing armies.
(b) They threaten to leave the city forever.
(c) They speak to Romulus and convince him to stop it.
(d) They sign a petition and bring it to Romulus.
2. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
(a) Neither warlike nor peaceful.
(b) Mainly warlike.
(c) Both warlike and peaceful.
(d) Mainly peaceful.
3. How long does the creation and establishment of Rome take?
4. How does Hostilius consider Pompilius's culture to be?
5. Where does Romulus gather people from to help start Rome's population?
(a) A select amount of the surrounding countries.
(b) All of the surrounding countries.
(c) All of the surrounding villages.
(d) A select amount of the surrounding villages.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
2. What is a difficulty that the author encounters while writing about the history of Rome?
3. How long did Romulus rule for?
4. What does Romulus become known as?
5. Which relative of Hostilius set the precedent for the meaning of the word "hostile?"
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)