|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Earliest Rome: Chapter 2, Rome Under the Kings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Livy describe Tarquin's rule over Rome?
2. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
(b) In a split decision.
(c) By forfeit.
(d) He is appointed.
3. What is the perception of Rome while Pompilius presides there?
(a) It is volatile and undisciplined.
(b) It is peaceful but lacks discipline.
(c) It is volatile but disciplined.
(d) It is peaceful and well disciplined.
4. How does Hostilius consider Pompilius's culture to be?
5. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the women asked to disregard pertaining to the men they found themselves with at the start of Rome?
2. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
3. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
4. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
5. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)