|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Earliest Rome: Chapter 2, Rome Under the Kings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the women stop the first known war between the inhabitants of Rome?
(a) They sign a petition and bring it to Romulus.
(b) They position themselves between the opposing armies.
(c) They speak to Romulus and convince him to stop it.
(d) They threaten to leave the city forever.
2. What does the author tell the reader he is writing about in the first Introduction?
(a) The first people in Rome that cannot be verified.
(b) The group of people who traveled through Rome before it was founded.
(c) The first people in Rome that anyone is certain of.
(d) The second group of people to inhabit Rome.
3. What Latin city does Rome conquer in order to further increase its population?
4. How is Horatius given a reprieve from the death penalty after his tragic response to his sister's reaction to the battle?
(a) The senate does not want to lose him as a soldier.
(b) He is found innocent of all charges.
(c) No witnesses will testify against him.
(d) He is considered to have been in an abnormal state after the battle.
5. What kinds of rights are the women promised when Rome is first beginning?
(a) Less rights than were common for Roman wives.
(b) None of the rights proper to Roman wives.
(c) All of the rights proper to Roman wives.
(d) More rights than were common for Roman wives.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Romulus rule for?
2. What result does the death of King Romulus have on Rome?
3. How long does the creation and establishment of Rome take?
4. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
5. Which relative of Hostilius set the precedent for the meaning of the word "hostile?"
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)