Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the government featured a strong military contingent?
(a) The senate.
(b) The plebians.
(c) The tribunes.
(d) The consuls.
2. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
(a) By forfeit.
(b) He is appointed.
(c) In a split decision.
3. According to Claudius, what is the real trouble in Rome?
(a) The consuls' tendency to expand the separation between classes.
(b) The senate's tendency to expand the separation between classes.
(c) The tribune's tendency to expand the separation between classes.
(d) The people's tendency to expand the separation between classes.
4. How does Hostilius consider Pompilius's culture to be?
5. How do the surrounding political locations feel about Rome when it is first being created?
(a) They are confused by it.
(b) They fear it.
(c) They like it.
(d) They do not like it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the role of the tribunes?
2. What is the state of politics in Chapter 3 of Rome and the Patricians?
3. What does the author tell the reader he is writing about in the first Introduction?
4. How is the problem of debt described?
5. What causes the Volscians to aid a Roman party?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)