|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the people chastised for after the rule of the decemvirs ends?
(a) Contributing to Rome's political problems.
(b) Contributing to Rome's economic problems.
(c) Supporting the decemvirs.
(d) Following the decemvirs.
2. What result does the death of King Romulus have on Rome?
(a) It makes the Romans more vulnerable.
(b) It causes the Romans to wage a civil war.
(c) It causes the Romans to stop the civil war going on.
(d) It makes the Romans less vulnerable.
3. What causes the Volscians to aid a Roman party?
(a) A matrimonial dispute.
(b) A financial dispute.
(c) A military dispute.
(d) A political dispute.
4. What does Pompilius primarily focus on?
(a) Granting more power to the senate.
(b) Granting more power to himself.
(c) Eliminating the culture of Rome.
(d) Civilizing the culture of Rome.
5. How long does the creation and establishment of Rome take?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Volscians continue to be for Rome during the time of two consuls?
2. Which one of the following best describes the state of the Roman Republic during the time described in Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians?
3. What does the author tell the reader he is writing about in the first Introduction?
4. How many years is a consul given to serve when the position is first created?
5. What is the state of the allies when they approach Rome for mediation?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)