|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, War & Politics: Chapter 1, War & Politics, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason for the dispute of Rome's allies?
(a) It is a political dispute.
(b) It is a dispute over territory.
(c) It is a civil war.
(d) It is a revolt against the governments of the allies.
2. What is the reason given for why parents are eventually allowed to move into Rome?
(a) To be political advisors.
(b) To be closer to relatives.
(c) To contribute to the economy.
(d) To increase Rome's population even more.
3. What are the people chastised for after the rule of the decemvirs ends?
(a) Contributing to Rome's political problems.
(b) Contributing to Rome's economic problems.
(c) Following the decemvirs.
(d) Supporting the decemvirs.
4. How long did Romulus rule for?
(a) Twenty-seven years.
(b) Thirty-seven years.
(c) Forty-seven years.
(d) Seventeen years.
5. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
(a) He is neither admired nor respected.
(b) He is respected, but not admired.
(c) He is admired, but not respected.
(d) He is admired and respected.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Livy, how much of a difference was there between the rich and the poor early in Rome's history?
2. Although it is a decisive Roman victory, what are the total losses on both sides of the war that results in one of the consuls being injured, and the other being beheaded?
3. What does the author tell the reader he is writing about in the first Introduction?
4. What do the Romans surprisingly do after Cloelia successfully escapes from Porsena?
5. How many meetings with the senators do the decemvirs request?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)