Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Patricians at Bay: Chapter 1, Rome and the Patricians, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are most of the politicians in Rome oligarchs?
(a) They can afford to invest the time needed.
(b) They tried a political system with many leaders and it did not work.
(c) The city cannot find more than a few people that the Romans would elect.
(d) They have seen how political systems with many leaders in other regions have failed.
2. How long does the creation and establishment of Rome take?
3. How do the political leaders of Rome gain the support of the people early on?
(a) By successfully predicting the outcome of the wars they wage.
(b) By avoiding the wars they wage.
(c) By following the advice of established military leaders.
(d) By serving in the military along with the soldiers.
4. Where does Romulus gather people from to help start Rome's population?
(a) A select amount of the surrounding villages.
(b) All of the surrounding villages.
(c) A select amount of the surrounding countries.
(d) All of the surrounding countries.
5. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is made to honor Cloelia's bravery?
2. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
3. What is a difficulty that the author encounters while writing about the history of Rome?
4. How is Horatius given a reprieve from the death penalty after his tragic response to his sister's reaction to the battle?
5. How many tribes does Rome have at this point in their history in the second part of The Republic?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)