Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 1, Rome as a Republic, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason for Tarquin's failure at attempting to retake control of Rome?
(a) Tarquin does not allow his men to rest, so they are too tired to fight Rome.
(b) Tarquin lacks the number of men needed to battle Rome.
(c) The people's fear of Brutus.
(d) The support of the people for Brutus.
2. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
(a) They are fraternal twins.
(b) They are identical twins.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are half-brothers.
3. What do the Romans surprisingly do after Cloelia successfully escapes from Porsena?
(a) They refuse to allow her entrance to Rome.
(b) They do not recognize her.
(c) They separate her from her family.
(d) They return her to Porsena.
4. What does the group, the Aurunci, consist of?
(a) More than one town.
(b) Just one country.
(c) Just one town.
(d) More than one country.
5. How common is the interaction between human and divine beings in Ancient Rome, according to Livy?
(a) It happens only twice a year.
(b) It is very uncommon.
(c) It happens only once a year.
(d) It is very common.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
2. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
3. How many introductory pieces are there that precede the main text of the book?
4. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
5. How does the slave described in the beginning of Rome's new consul learn of the conspirators' plans?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)