|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Earliest Rome: Chapter 2, Rome Under the Kings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
(a) Mainly warlike.
(b) Neither warlike nor peaceful.
(c) Mainly peaceful.
(d) Both warlike and peaceful.
2. How common is the interaction between human and divine beings in Ancient Rome, according to Livy?
(a) It happens only twice a year.
(b) It is very uncommon.
(c) It is very common.
(d) It happens only once a year.
3. What is Circus Maximus?
(a) A large public stadium.
(b) A large private stadium.
(c) A large, circular shaped senate building.
(d) A large, circular shaped courthouse.
4. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
(a) The Turks.
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The Bulgarians.
(d) The Albanians.
5. What is a difficulty that the author encounters while writing about the history of Rome?
(a) The language.
(b) Exaggeration of facts.
(c) Omission of facts.
(d) The origins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What result does the death of King Romulus have on Rome?
2. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
3. How many introductory pieces are there that precede the main text of the book?
4. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
5. How long does Pompilius rule over Rome?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)