|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the decemvirs mainly unable to manage?
(a) The senators of Rome.
(b) The financial state of Rome.
(c) The military of Rome.
(d) The will of the Roman people.
2. What year does the section War & Politics begin?
(a) 544 BC.
(b) 345 BC.
(c) 445 BC.
(d) 234 BC.
3. What procedure does Ancus re-institute?
(a) An election by the people.
(b) The declaration of peace.
(c) An election by the senate.
(d) The declaration of war.
4. How do the women in Rome factor into the wars during Rome and the Patricians?
(a) They are on the front lines along with the men.
(b) They are the reason for the wars being fought.
(c) They are kept away from them.
(d) They are involved, but not on the front lines.
5. What is the real problem the decemvirs have?
(a) They are not prepared for the power they have.
(b) They are overprepared for the power they have.
(c) They underestimate the power of the Roman people.
(d) They underestimate the power of the Roman military.
Short Answer Questions
1. What serious problem do the Romans turn to religion for help with?
2. What has Veii's internal politics caused them to appoint?
3. What do some of the creditors do to make the situation worse?
4. What does Claudius encourage Rome to consider in a lengthy speech?
5. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)