|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the surrounding political locations feel about Rome when it is first being created?
(a) They like it.
(b) They fear it.
(c) They are confused by it.
(d) They do not like it.
2. Which one of the following best describes the state of the Roman Republic during the time described in Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians?
(a) The people have been implemented into the government.
(b) The people rule over the government.
(c) The government rules over the people.
(d) The government has been abolished.
3. What is Brutus known as in the beginning of the second book?
(a) Brutus the Conqueror.
(b) Brutus the Destroyer.
(c) Brutus the Betrayer.
(d) Brutus the Liberator.
4. Why are slaves not considered part of the plebian class?
(a) They are not polticians.
(b) They cannot vote.
(c) They cannot join the military.
(d) They do not have enough money.
5. What serious problem do the Romans turn to religion for help with?
(a) The wars.
(b) The fear of the lights in the sky.
(c) The plague.
(d) The financial burden of debts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real problem the decemvirs have?
2. Although it is a decisive Roman victory, what are the total losses on both sides of the war that results in one of the consuls being injured, and the other being beheaded?
3. Why are most of the politicians in Rome oligarchs?
4. What Latin city does Rome conquer in order to further increase its population?
5. What do the Volscians continue to be for Rome during the time of two consuls?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)