|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do the Romans evacuate the city because of the pestilence and illness?
(a) Two years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Five years.
2. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
(a) A limit to what the Roman people can earn.
(b) A limit to what elected officials can earn.
(c) A new trade agreement with other countries.
(d) The census.
3. According to Claudius, what is the real trouble in Rome?
(a) The tribune's tendency to expand the separation between classes.
(b) The consuls' tendency to expand the separation between classes.
(c) The people's tendency to expand the separation between classes.
(d) The senate's tendency to expand the separation between classes.
4. What do the Volscians continue to be for Rome during the time of two consuls?
(a) A source of work for Rome.
(b) A source of food for Rome.
(c) A major ally of Rome.
(d) A major opponent of Rome.
5. What is unique about Lucius Tarquitius?
(a) He works among the common people and in the government.
(b) He does not own a horse.
(c) He does not live in Rome.
(d) He is a soldier for three separate armies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
2. How does the government pay for the military?
3. What is made to honor Cloelia's bravery?
4. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
5. What is the state of the Roman Republic at the end of the second part of Rome and the Patricians?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)