|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Pompilius rule over Rome?
(a) Twenty-three years.
(b) Fifty-three years.
(c) Forty-three years.
(d) Thirty-three years.
2. What year does the book, Patricians at Bay begin?
(a) 476 BC.
(b) 576 BC.
(c) 567 BC.
(d) 467 BC.
3. How do the common people view Caeso Quinctius?
(a) They see him as an ally.
(b) They are unaware of his position.
(c) They see him as an enemy.
(d) They refuse to recognize his position.
4. What has Veii's internal politics caused them to appoint?
(a) A Dictator.
(b) A Senator.
(c) A King.
(d) A Consul.
5. How attentive to the people's needs are the oligarchic rulers?
(a) They are always attentive to them by choice.
(b) It is impossible for them to be attentive to them.
(c) They are rarely attentive to them by choice.
(d) It depends on the cirumstances.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the time of Rome and the Patricians, how is the military generally used?
2. What decision does Rome make at the end of Rome and the Patricians?
3. How does Livy describe Tarquin's rule over Rome?
4. What kinds of rights are the women promised when Rome is first beginning?
5. Which one of the following is not an event that is included in the book as an ominous sign for Rome?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)