|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it about Postumia that offends some people?
(a) The way she isolates herself.
(b) Her questionable wealth.
(c) Her family's reputation.
(d) The way she adorns herself.
2. What do the Romans do as a way to deal with the debt problem once it becomes more intense?
(a) They try to borrow money from other neighboring countries.
(b) They try to borrow money from other neighboring regions.
(c) They hold public meetings.
(d) They hold private meetings.
3. How many meetings with the senators do the decemvirs request?
4. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
5. According to Livy, how much of a difference was there between the rich and the poor early in Rome's history?
(a) Rome had no wealthy people in its beginnings.
(b) A huge difference.
(c) No difference.
(d) Not very much difference.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many classes were originally listed by Servilius?
2. What year does the section War & Politics begin?
3. What does the author tell the reader he is writing about in the first Introduction?
4. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
5. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)