|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the allies arrive in Rome at the end of Rome and the Patricians?
(a) A new party stakes a claim on the land.
(b) A new party agrees to replace Rome as the mediator.
(c) The allies decide they no longer need Rome's assistance.
(d) Rome refuses to allow them entrance.
2. What kinds of rights are the women promised when Rome is first beginning?
(a) More rights than were common for Roman wives.
(b) Less rights than were common for Roman wives.
(c) All of the rights proper to Roman wives.
(d) None of the rights proper to Roman wives.
3. Where does Romulus gather people from to help start Rome's population?
(a) A select amount of the surrounding countries.
(b) All of the surrounding countries.
(c) A select amount of the surrounding villages.
(d) All of the surrounding villages.
4. How does Livy describe Tarquin's rule over Rome?
5. What does the group, the Aurunci, consist of?
(a) Just one town.
(b) Just one country.
(c) More than one country.
(d) More than one town.
Short Answer Questions
1. How have the allies been fighting their war until they seek a mediator for it?
2. Where do the senators go as the decemvirs take control of Rome?
3. How many introductory pieces are there that precede the main text of the book?
4. What do the Volscians continue to be for Rome during the time of two consuls?
5. What causes the Volscians to aid a Roman party?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)