|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How attentive to the people's needs are the oligarchic rulers?
(a) They are rarely attentive to them by choice.
(b) It depends on the cirumstances.
(c) It is impossible for them to be attentive to them.
(d) They are always attentive to them by choice.
2. In the original book, how many chapter breaks are there in The Republic?
3. How does Rome use the Dictatorship during The Republic?
(a) Every other year.
(c) It replaces the consul.
(d) Only as needed.
4. According to Claudius, what is the real trouble in Rome?
(a) The senate's tendency to expand the separation between classes.
(b) The tribune's tendency to expand the separation between classes.
(c) The people's tendency to expand the separation between classes.
(d) The consuls' tendency to expand the separation between classes.
5. What is the reason for the dispute of Rome's allies?
(a) It is a dispute over territory.
(b) It is a civil war.
(c) It is a revolt against the governments of the allies.
(d) It is a political dispute.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the great Roman warrior, Valerius, do once he enters politics?
2. Once established, which part of the government has the most ties to the plebian class?
3. How do the women in Rome factor into the wars during Rome and the Patricians?
4. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
5. How is Horatius given a reprieve from the death penalty after his tragic response to his sister's reaction to the battle?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)