|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the common people view Caeso Quinctius?
(a) They are unaware of his position.
(b) They refuse to recognize his position.
(c) They see him as an ally.
(d) They see him as an enemy.
2. Who are Marcus Genucius and Gaius Curtius?
(a) Two military leaders after the decemvirs.
(b) The new senators after the decemvirs.
(c) The new consuls after the decemvirs.
(d) The two responsible for dealing with the decemvirs.
3. What is the state of the Roman Republic at the end of the second part of Rome and the Patricians?
(a) The military is eliminated.
(b) The tribunes are eliminated.
(c) The consuls are eliminated.
(d) The senate is eliminated.
4. How many allies of Rome need mediation for their dispute?
5. What do the opponents of intermarriage fear?
(a) The decline of the Roman culture.
(b) The government's loss of control.
(c) The unintended economic consequences.
(d) Further attempts to change the definition of marriage even more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Latin city does Rome conquer in order to further increase its population?
2. How long do the Romans evacuate the city because of the pestilence and illness?
3. As Part 2 of The Republic begins, what is a main focus of Rome's culture?
4. Why are slaves not considered part of the plebian class?
5. What part of the planet uses laws similar to that of the Romans, based on Judaic philosophy?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)