|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
(a) Neither warlike nor peaceful.
(b) Mainly warlike.
(c) Both warlike and peaceful.
(d) Mainly peaceful.
2. What part of the planet uses laws similar to that of the Romans, based on Judaic philosophy?
3. How many allies of Rome need mediation for their dispute?
4. What never changes, according to the opening of The Patricians at Bay?
(a) The way wars are fought.
(b) The way politics are handled.
(c) Human nature.
5. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
(a) That there will be no more Kings.
(b) That there will no longer be elections.
(c) That he be declared King.
(d) That the elections will happen every four years.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Livy, how much of a difference was there between the rich and the poor early in Rome's history?
2. What do the Romans label the class that exhibits wealth and power?
3. What introduces the idea of different classes being allowed to marry?
4. Where is the civil strife in Rome resolved?
5. What decision does Rome make at the end of Rome and the Patricians?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)