|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the crisis that the decemvirs face?
(a) A threat from other cities.
(b) A threat from the senators.
(c) A threat from the military of Rome.
(d) A threat from the people of Rome.
2. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
(a) He is respected, but not admired.
(b) He is neither admired nor respected.
(c) He is admired and respected.
(d) He is admired, but not respected.
3. How is Rome's decision at the end of Rome and the Patricians received?
(a) It is met with confusion.
(b) It is met with support.
(c) It is met with anger.
(d) It is met with cynicism.
4. What is the innovation talked about at the end of War & Politics?
(a) The military will be paid from public funds.
(b) The military will only be paid upon their victories.
(c) The military will stop being paid from public funds.
(d) The military will be paid after their defeats.
5. How many introductory pieces are there that precede the main text of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some of the creditors do to make the situation worse?
2. What is the slave given for his role in preventing the conspiracy?
3. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
4. How do the surrounding political locations feel about Rome when it is first being created?
5. Which one of the following best describes the state of the Roman Republic during the time described in Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)