|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are most of the politicians in Rome oligarchs?
(a) They have seen how political systems with many leaders in other regions have failed.
(b) They can afford to invest the time needed.
(c) They tried a political system with many leaders and it did not work.
(d) The city cannot find more than a few people that the Romans would elect.
2. Which one of the following best describes the state of the Roman Republic during the time described in Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians?
(a) The government rules over the people.
(b) The people have been implemented into the government.
(c) The people rule over the government.
(d) The government has been abolished.
3. What does the group of pacifists call themselves?
(a) The anti-war coalition.
(b) The peace coalition.
(c) The peace party.
(d) The anti-war party.
4. How does Postumia disguise her disposition?
(a) With rudeness.
(b) With humor.
(c) With deception.
(d) With politeness.
5. Why are slaves not considered part of the plebian class?
(a) They cannot vote.
(b) They do not have enough money.
(c) They are not polticians.
(d) They cannot join the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
2. How many meetings with the senators do the decemvirs request?
3. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
4. How many years is a consul given to serve when the position is first created?
5. What does Romulus become known as?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)