|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
2. What threat causes the senate to offer debtors a relief from their debts if they agree to serve in the military?
(a) The threat of the Batavians.
(b) The threat of the Volscians.
(c) The threat of the Nervians.
(d) The threat of the Tungrians.
3. What is unique about Lucius Tarquitius?
(a) He does not live in Rome.
(b) He works among the common people and in the government.
(c) He is a soldier for three separate armies.
(d) He does not own a horse.
4. What is Circus Maximus?
(a) A large private stadium.
(b) A large public stadium.
(c) A large, circular shaped courthouse.
(d) A large, circular shaped senate building.
5. What is the reason given for why parents are eventually allowed to move into Rome?
(a) To be closer to relatives.
(b) To increase Rome's population even more.
(c) To be political advisors.
(d) To contribute to the economy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a difficulty that the author encounters while writing about the history of Rome?
2. How do the women in Rome factor into the wars during Rome and the Patricians?
3. What is the population of Rome estimated to be during first part of The Patricians at Bay?
4. How many introductory pieces are there that precede the main text of the book?
5. How have the allies been fighting their war until they seek a mediator for it?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)