|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
(a) That there will no longer be elections.
(b) That he be declared King.
(c) That there will be no more Kings.
(d) That the elections will happen every four years.
2. What is the state of the allies when they approach Rome for mediation?
(a) They are worn down.
(b) They are energized.
(c) They are angry at Rome.
(d) They are confused by Rome's current political structure.
3. What is Circus Maximus?
(a) A large, circular shaped courthouse.
(b) A large public stadium.
(c) A large private stadium.
(d) A large, circular shaped senate building.
4. How many tribes does Rome have at this point in their history in the second part of The Republic?
(a) Forty one.
(b) Fifty one.
(c) Thirty one.
(d) Twenty one.
5. How is Postumia described?
(a) Outspoken and dressed attractively.
(b) Reserved and dressed attractively.
(c) Outspoken and dressed unattractively.
(d) Reserved and dressed unattractively.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Pompilius rule over Rome?
2. What serious problem do the Romans turn to religion for help with?
3. How many simultaneous campaigns do the Romans attempt to have enough troops to serve in?
4. Where is the civil strife in Rome resolved?
5. What is made to honor Cloelia's bravery?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)