|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the leaders have mixed feelings about, as a result of the slaves' revolt?
(a) Eliminating the curfew.
(b) Imposing a curfew.
(c) Disarming the people.
(d) Arming the people.
2. What introduces the idea of different classes being allowed to marry?
(a) Pressures from other regions.
(b) A petition by the people.
(c) A protest by the people.
(d) A new legislation.
3. What is the general tone of the author's style?
(b) Factual and accessible.
(c) Theoretical and entertaining.
4. What threat does the revolt of the slaves cause Rome to face?
(a) Over population.
(b) A civil war.
(c) The institution of martial law.
(d) The overthrow of the government.
5. What is the role of the tribunes?
(a) They are against the common people.
(b) They are against the consul.
(c) They are against the senate.
(d) They are for the senate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Postumia described?
2. What do the people do when creditors attempt to collect repayment in the courts?
3. What year does the section War & Politics begin?
4. How many debtors agree to sign up for the military the second time that the government asks them to?
5. What is the reason for Tarquin's failure at attempting to retake control of Rome?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)