|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Rome make at the end of Rome and the Patricians?
(a) They declare the land private property of Rome.
(b) They declare the land public property of Rome.
(c) They attack all of the allies.
(d) They attack half of the allies.
2. Although it is a decisive Roman victory, what are the total losses on both sides of the war that results in one of the consuls being injured, and the other being beheaded?
(a) Between eight and nine thousand men.
(b) Between fourteen and fifteen thousand men.
(c) Between nine and ten thousand men.
(d) Between eleven and twelve thousand men.
3. What year does the book, Patricians at Bay begin?
(a) 476 BC.
(b) 576 BC.
(c) 467 BC.
(d) 567 BC.
4. What do some of the creditors do to make the situation worse?
(a) They exploit the debtors.
(b) They attack the debtors physically.
(c) They try to take property away from the debtors.
(d) They refuse to accept repayment of the debts owed to them.
5. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
(a) They are identical twins.
(b) They are half-brothers.
(c) They are fraternal twins.
(d) They are cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the civil strife in Rome managed?
2. How are the Volscians described in the second part of War & Politics?
3. How are the people of Ardea affected by Rome's new outlook?
4. How attentive to the people's needs are the oligarchic rulers?
5. What do the leaders have mixed feelings about, as a result of the slaves' revolt?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)