|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claudius encourage Rome to consider in a lengthy speech?
(a) The reputation of the people.
(b) The reputation of the soldiers.
(c) The reputation of the surrounding regions.
(d) The reputation of the government.
2. How do the senators show their fear for the people's increasing awareness of the debt crisis?
(a) They stay away.
(b) They attempt to talk with the people more directly.
(c) They attempt to create new laws for time payments.
(d) They resign.
3. How many men with axes govern over the people of Rome as Chapter 2 of Rome and the Patricians ends?
(c) Twenty five.
4. What role do the decemvirs have in the Republic at the start of the fourth book?
(a) They have been demoted.
(b) They have been removed.
(c) They have been forced to serve in the military.
(d) They have been reduced to working men.
5. How is Romulus thought of as a leader?
(a) He is respected, but not admired.
(b) He is neither admired nor respected.
(c) He is admired and respected.
(d) He is admired, but not respected.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the conspiracy that is mentioned at the end of the first section in War & Politics?
2. What never changes, according to the opening of The Patricians at Bay?
3. How many debtors agree to sign up for the military the second time that the government asks them to?
4. What is the state of the Roman Republic at the end of the second part of Rome and the Patricians?
5. How many allies of Rome need mediation for their dispute?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)