|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the main perpetrators of the mass hysteria surrounding the battles the Romans fight in?
(a) People who are actively involved in the battles.
(b) People who live inside of the city.
(c) People who live outside of the city.
(d) People who lost friends or relatives in the battles.
2. What is the conspiracy that is mentioned at the end of the first section in War & Politics?
(a) A plot to overthrow the government.
(b) A violent protest by the advocates of intermarriage.
(c) A plot to restore the monarchy.
(d) Another revolt by the slaves.
3. Much later, what does Plato encourage the women of Athens to do?
(a) Begin outnumbering the men.
(b) Create a militia.
(c) Run for public office.
(d) Begin moving away from the city.
4. What is the state of the allies when they approach Rome for mediation?
(a) They are energized.
(b) They are angry at Rome.
(c) They are worn down.
(d) They are confused by Rome's current political structure.
5. What situation is the most common setting for a Dictator to be named of Rome?
(a) A war.
(b) A shortage of supplies.
(c) Civil unrest.
(d) A financial crisis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Appius Claudius' position?
2. Why does Postumius shockingly threaten his men?
3. What do the Romans do as a way to deal with the debt problem once it becomes more intense?
4. How have the allies been fighting their war until they seek a mediator for it?
5. How many debtors agree to sign up for the military the second time that the government asks them to?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)