|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does a leader's presence or absence on the battlefield affect the troops fighting in a war?
(a) The troops begin to lose morale if a leader is absent.
(b) The troops begin to lose morale if a leader is present.
(c) The troops fight the same whether a leader is present or not.
(d) The troops mostly prefer to be led by a soldier, rather than a military/political leader.
2. What kinds of rights are the women promised when Rome is first beginning?
(a) None of the rights proper to Roman wives.
(b) More rights than were common for Roman wives.
(c) All of the rights proper to Roman wives.
(d) Less rights than were common for Roman wives.
3. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
4. What level of involvement do the leaders have in the war that featured debtors who agreed to fight in exchange for their debt being resolved?
(a) They refuse to participate.
(b) They participate by positioning themselves near the battles.
(c) They temporarily leave Rome to avoid participating.
(d) They actively participate.
5. What is the state of the allies when they approach Rome for mediation?
(a) They are confused by Rome's current political structure.
(b) They are worn down.
(c) They are energized.
(d) They are angry at Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the defeat of Rome mentioned in Part 1of Rome's Capture take place?
2. What do the Volscians continue to be for Rome during the time of two consuls?
3. What happens when the allies arrive in Rome at the end of Rome and the Patricians?
4. Who is the elderly man that brought the issue of debt to the forefront?
5. How is the nature of the decemvirs' politics described?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)