|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Rome make at the end of Rome and the Patricians?
(a) They attack half of the allies.
(b) They attack all of the allies.
(c) They declare the land private property of Rome.
(d) They declare the land public property of Rome.
2. What does Rome's decision in Chapter 3 of Rome and the Patricians illustrate?
(a) Rome's weakness.
(b) Rome's naivety.
(c) Rome's power.
(d) Rome's politics.
3. How attentive to the people's needs are the oligarchic rulers?
(a) They are rarely attentive to them by choice.
(b) They are always attentive to them by choice.
(c) It depends on the cirumstances.
(d) It is impossible for them to be attentive to them.
4. What Latin city does Rome conquer in order to further increase its population?
5. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
(a) That the elections will happen every four years.
(b) That there will no longer be elections.
(c) That there will be no more Kings.
(d) That he be declared King.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
2. What does Romulus become known as?
3. How was the support of the people viewed by the Kings of early Rome?
4. How long does the creation and establishment of Rome take?
5. What serious problem do the Romans turn to religion for help with?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)