|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Postumia disguise her disposition?
(a) With deception.
(b) With rudeness.
(c) With humor.
(d) With politeness.
2. Where does Romulus gather people from to help start Rome's population?
(a) A select amount of the surrounding villages.
(b) All of the surrounding countries.
(c) A select amount of the surrounding countries.
(d) All of the surrounding villages.
3. How is the problem of debt described?
(a) As a manageable civil and social problem.
(b) As an unmanageable civil and social problem.
(c) As a past social problem.
(d) As a past civil problem..
4. What is the state of the allies when they approach Rome for mediation?
(a) They are energized.
(b) They are confused by Rome's current political structure.
(c) They are angry at Rome.
(d) They are worn down.
5. What part of Livy's tone is consistent throughout the book?
(a) His favorability towards other regions.
(b) His favorability towards certain Romans.
(c) His objectiveness.
(d) His satire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the main perpetrators of the mass hysteria surrounding the battles the Romans fight in?
2. How long do the Romans evacuate the city because of the pestilence and illness?
3. How do the senators feel about the practices of the decemvirs?
4. What result does the death of King Romulus have on Rome?
5. What has Veii's internal politics caused them to appoint?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)