|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many meetings with the senators do the decemvirs request?
2. How many Tables are there in the Laws that the Romans propose?
3. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
(a) That he be declared King.
(b) That the elections will happen every four years.
(c) That there will no longer be elections.
(d) That there will be no more Kings.
4. How have the allies been fighting their war until they seek a mediator for it?
(a) None of the allies have won a battle.
(b) The allies cannot determine who has won or lost the battles.
(c) Each ally has won and lost frequently.
(d) One ally has won the most battles.
5. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
(a) Mainly warlike.
(b) Mainly peaceful.
(c) Neither warlike nor peaceful.
(d) Both warlike and peaceful.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Horatius given a reprieve from the death penalty after his tragic response to his sister's reaction to the battle?
2. In the Romans' victory over the Albans, how many total combatant deaths are there?
3. How does Hostilius consider Pompilius's culture to be?
4. How attentive to the people's needs are the oligarchic rulers?
5. How does Rome use the Dictatorship during The Republic?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)