|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the civil strife in Rome managed?
(a) A military leader raises troops that side with the slaves.
(b) A military leader raises troops that side with the senate.
(c) A military leader raises troops that side with the consul.
(d) A military leader raises troops that side with the tribune.
2. What is Circus Maximus?
(a) A large public stadium.
(b) A large, circular shaped senate building.
(c) A large private stadium.
(d) A large, circular shaped courthouse.
3. What is considered a shortcoming that the advocates of intermarriage want to overcome?
4. How do the senators feel about the practices of the decemvirs?
(a) They ignore them.
(b) They support them.
(c) They oppose them.
(d) They do not understand them.
5. What does Pompilius primarily focus on?
(a) Civilizing the culture of Rome.
(b) Eliminating the culture of Rome.
(c) Granting more power to the senate.
(d) Granting more power to himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cloelia do when she is held hostage for the second time?
2. What is the real problem the decemvirs have?
3. What is Brutus known as in the beginning of the second book?
4. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
5. How do the women in Rome factor into the wars during Rome and the Patricians?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)