|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Appius Claudius' position?
(a) He represents the absent military men while they are away at war.
(b) He decides which soldiers should remain and speak for the military during a time of war.
(c) He represents the soldiers who have been killed in battle.
(d) He speaks to the relatives of the soldiers who have been killed in battle.
2. What do the allies hope Rome will provide for them in their dispute?
(a) A different place to battle over.
(b) A different problem.
(c) A different solution.
(d) A different city to conquer.
3. During the time of Rome and the Patricians, how is the military generally used?
(a) To control the city's people.
(b) In response to attacks.
(c) To control the government.
(d) In response to threats.
4. What do the Romans surprisingly do after Cloelia successfully escapes from Porsena?
(a) They return her to Porsena.
(b) They refuse to allow her entrance to Rome.
(c) They separate her from her family.
(d) They do not recognize her.
5. Why are slaves not considered part of the plebian class?
(a) They cannot join the military.
(b) They cannot vote.
(c) They are not polticians.
(d) They do not have enough money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of the allies when they approach Rome for mediation?
2. How attentive to the people's needs are the oligarchic rulers?
3. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
4. How many introductory pieces are there that precede the main text of the book?
5. Which relative of Hostilius set the precedent for the meaning of the word "hostile?"
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)