|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What threat causes the senate to offer debtors a relief from their debts if they agree to serve in the military?
(a) The threat of the Tungrians.
(b) The threat of the Nervians.
(c) The threat of the Volscians.
(d) The threat of the Batavians.
2. How many years after the Estrucans and the Sabines fought Rome do the Volscians and the Aequins also position themselves against the city?
(a) Two hundred.
(b) Two hundred and fifty.
(d) One hundred.
3. What does Pompilius primarily focus on?
(a) Granting more power to himself.
(b) Eliminating the culture of Rome.
(c) Granting more power to the senate.
(d) Civilizing the culture of Rome.
4. How does the town of Pometia almost defeat the Romans?
(a) They surprise the Romans with an army of well trained soldiers.
(b) They attack the Romans using domestic devices.
(c) They outnumber the Romans by a two to one margin.
(d) They obtain more advanced weaponry than the Romans.
5. What is Caeso Quinctius's opinion of the consuls?
(a) He eliminates them.
(b) He tries to replace them with the tribunes.
(c) He tries to add mroe consuls to the senate.
(d) He defends them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Pompilius rule over Rome?
2. According to Cloelia, what does gender influence?
3. What part of the government featured a strong military contingent?
4. How was the support of the people viewed by the Kings of early Rome?
5. According to Livy, what is the one thing that is needed for all politicians to be elected into office?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)