|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the slave given for his role in preventing the conspiracy?
(a) Roman citizenship.
(b) Free land.
(c) A place in the senate.
(d) The chance to purchase land.
2. How do the women stop the first known war between the inhabitants of Rome?
(a) They speak to Romulus and convince him to stop it.
(b) They sign a petition and bring it to Romulus.
(c) They threaten to leave the city forever.
(d) They position themselves between the opposing armies.
3. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
(a) That there will no longer be elections.
(b) That he be declared King.
(c) That there will be no more Kings.
(d) That the elections will happen every four years.
4. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
5. How many years is a consul given to serve when the position is first created?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the original book, how many chapter breaks are there in The Republic?
2. How do the people view the senators' fear of the crowds resulting from the debt problem the city faces?
3. What level of involvement do the leaders have in the war that featured debtors who agreed to fight in exchange for their debt being resolved?
4. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
5. What do the Romans do as a way to deal with the debt problem once it becomes more intense?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)