|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Romulus gather people from to help start Rome's population?
(a) All of the surrounding villages.
(b) A select amount of the surrounding countries.
(c) All of the surrounding countries.
(d) A select amount of the surrounding villages.
2. In the original book, how many chapter breaks are there in The Republic?
3. According to Cloelia, what does gender influence?
4. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
5. What is Circus Maximus?
(a) A large, circular shaped senate building.
(b) A large public stadium.
(c) A large, circular shaped courthouse.
(d) A large private stadium.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people view the senators' fear of the crowds resulting from the debt problem the city faces?
2. What is made to honor Cloelia's bravery?
3. How does the town of Pometia almost defeat the Romans?
4. What is the reason for Tarquin's failure at attempting to retake control of Rome?
5. How does Rome use the Dictatorship during The Republic?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)