|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the women stop the first known war between the inhabitants of Rome?
(a) They position themselves between the opposing armies.
(b) They sign a petition and bring it to Romulus.
(c) They threaten to leave the city forever.
(d) They speak to Romulus and convince him to stop it.
2. How does Livy describe Tarquin's rule over Rome?
3. According to one theory, how are Romulus and Remus related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are fraternal twins.
(c) They are identical twins.
(d) They are half-brothers.
4. As Part 2 of The Republic begins, what is a main focus of Rome's culture?
(a) The Romans are trying to make the city less sophisticated.
(b) The Romans are expanding their culture to include traits of other regions.
(c) The Romans are reducing the influence of other regions in their culture.
(d) The Romans are trying to make the city more sophisticated.
5. According to Cloelia, what does gender influence?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the group, the Aurunci, consist of?
2. How does the slave described in the beginning of Rome's new consul learn of the conspirators' plans?
3. Who is the elderly man that brought the issue of debt to the forefront?
4. What kinds of rights are the women promised when Rome is first beginning?
5. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)