|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
(a) He imposes a curfew on the city.
(b) He builds the first prison.
(c) He becomes more selective about which cities he takes people from in the future.
(d) He has guards patrol the city.
2. What is Circus Maximus?
(a) A large, circular shaped courthouse.
(b) A large, circular shaped senate building.
(c) A large public stadium.
(d) A large private stadium.
3. What is made to honor Cloelia's bravery?
(a) A statue.
(b) An official day of recognition.
(c) A plaque.
(d) A painting of her portrait.
4. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
5. In the original book, how many chapter breaks are there in The Republic?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the Sabine people described in the book?
2. What does the group of pacifists call themselves?
3. How is the problem of debt described?
4. What does Pompilius primarily focus on?
5. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)