|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What level of involvement do the leaders have in the war that featured debtors who agreed to fight in exchange for their debt being resolved?
(a) They participate by positioning themselves near the battles.
(b) They actively participate.
(c) They temporarily leave Rome to avoid participating.
(d) They refuse to participate.
2. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
3. What does Cloelia do when she is held hostage for the second time?
(a) She oversees a group of girl hostages.
(b) She oversees the food supply for the hostages.
(c) She oversees a group of boy hostages.
(d) She oversees another escape by the hostages.
4. How do the senators show their fear for the people's increasing awareness of the debt crisis?
(a) They stay away.
(b) They attempt to talk with the people more directly.
(c) They resign.
(d) They attempt to create new laws for time payments.
5. How does Livy describe Tarquin's rule over Rome?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cloelia, what does gender influence?
2. What is the perception of Rome while Pompilius presides there?
3. How many years is a consul given to serve when the position is first created?
4. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
5. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)