|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What threat causes the senate to offer debtors a relief from their debts if they agree to serve in the military?
(a) The threat of the Nervians.
(b) The threat of the Batavians.
(c) The threat of the Tungrians.
(d) The threat of the Volscians.
2. Who does the slave turn the information of the conspiracy over to?
(a) The consul.
(b) The army.
(c) The senate.
(d) The people.
3. What are the women asked to disregard pertaining to the men they found themselves with at the start of Rome?
(a) Their resentment.
(b) Their hatred.
(c) Their fondness.
(d) Their attachment.
4. In the Romans' victory over the Albans, how many total combatant deaths are there?
5. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
(a) That there will no longer be elections.
(b) That he be declared King.
(c) That there will be no more Kings.
(d) That the elections will happen every four years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which relative of Hostilius set the precedent for the meaning of the word "hostile?"
2. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
3. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
4. What is made to honor Cloelia's bravery?
5. What does the great Roman warrior, Valerius, do once he enters politics?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)