|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
2. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
3. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
(a) A limit to what elected officials can earn.
(b) A limit to what the Roman people can earn.
(c) The census.
(d) A new trade agreement with other countries.
4. How long did Romulus rule for?
(a) Thirty-seven years.
(b) Twenty-seven years.
(c) Seventeen years.
(d) Forty-seven years.
5. What do some of the creditors do to make the situation worse?
(a) They refuse to accept repayment of the debts owed to them.
(b) They exploit the debtors.
(c) They attack the debtors physically.
(d) They try to take property away from the debtors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the great Roman warrior, Valerius, do once he enters politics?
2. How does Hostilius consider Pompilius's culture to be?
3. How many years is Rome a Republic before other well known governments are established, such as Athens and Sparta?
4. How does the town of Pometia almost defeat the Romans?
5. What does Cloelia do when she is held hostage for the second time?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)