|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What level of involvement do the leaders have in the war that featured debtors who agreed to fight in exchange for their debt being resolved?
(a) They temporarily leave Rome to avoid participating.
(b) They actively participate.
(c) They participate by positioning themselves near the battles.
(d) They refuse to participate.
2. What is made to honor Cloelia's bravery?
(a) A painting of her portrait.
(b) An official day of recognition.
(c) A plaque.
(d) A statue.
3. Who is the elderly man that brought the issue of debt to the forefront?
(a) A former King.
(b) A reputable politician.
(c) A reputable soldier.
(d) A former Commander.
4. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
(a) Mainly warlike.
(b) Neither warlike nor peaceful.
(c) Mainly peaceful.
(d) Both warlike and peaceful.
5. How long does Pompilius rule over Rome?
(a) Fifty-three years.
(b) Twenty-three years.
(c) Thirty-three years.
(d) Forty-three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Part 2 of The Republic begins, what is a main focus of Rome's culture?
2. How does Hostilius consider Pompilius's culture to be?
3. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
4. How long does the creation and establishment of Rome take?
5. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)