|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How common is the interaction between human and divine beings in Ancient Rome, according to Livy?
(a) It is very common.
(b) It happens only once a year.
(c) It happens only twice a year.
(d) It is very uncommon.
2. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
(a) The Albanians.
(b) The Bulgarians.
(c) The Turks.
(d) The Greeks.
3. What is the reason given for why parents are eventually allowed to move into Rome?
(a) To be political advisors.
(b) To contribute to the economy.
(c) To be closer to relatives.
(d) To increase Rome's population even more.
4. What result does the death of King Romulus have on Rome?
(a) It makes the Romans less vulnerable.
(b) It causes the Romans to wage a civil war.
(c) It makes the Romans more vulnerable.
(d) It causes the Romans to stop the civil war going on.
5. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
(a) He becomes more selective about which cities he takes people from in the future.
(b) He has guards patrol the city.
(c) He builds the first prison.
(d) He imposes a curfew on the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
2. After the disgrace Tarquin, his wife, and his son have brought to Rome, how many consuls do the Romans decide to elect to replace the kingship?
3. What does the group, the Aurunci, consist of?
4. How long does the creation and establishment of Rome take?
5. How is Horatius given a reprieve from the death penalty after his tragic response to his sister's reaction to the battle?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)