|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a difficulty that the author encounters while writing about the history of Rome?
(a) Exaggeration of facts.
(b) The language.
(c) The origins.
(d) Omission of facts.
2. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
3. What is Brutus known as in the beginning of the second book?
(a) Brutus the Conqueror.
(b) Brutus the Liberator.
(c) Brutus the Destroyer.
(d) Brutus the Betrayer.
4. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
(a) The Albanians.
(b) The Bulgarians.
(c) The Turks.
(d) The Greeks.
5. What kinds of rights are the women promised when Rome is first beginning?
(a) All of the rights proper to Roman wives.
(b) More rights than were common for Roman wives.
(c) Less rights than were common for Roman wives.
(d) None of the rights proper to Roman wives.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Romans' victory over the Albans, how many total combatant deaths are there?
2. How many debtors agree to sign up for the military the second time that the government asks them to?
3. Who does the slave turn the information of the conspiracy over to?
4. What does the great Roman warrior, Valerius, do once he enters politics?
5. What do some of the creditors do to make the situation worse?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)