|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many tribes does Rome have at this point in their history in the second part of The Republic?
(a) Forty one.
(b) Twenty one.
(c) Fifty one.
(d) Thirty one.
2. How is the problem of debt described?
(a) As a manageable civil and social problem.
(b) As a past civil problem..
(c) As a past social problem.
(d) As an unmanageable civil and social problem.
3. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
(a) Mainly warlike.
(b) Mainly peaceful.
(c) Neither warlike nor peaceful.
(d) Both warlike and peaceful.
4. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
5. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
(a) A limit to what elected officials can earn.
(b) The census.
(c) A new trade agreement with other countries.
(d) A limit to what the Roman people can earn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
2. What procedure does Ancus re-institute?
3. How does the slave described in the beginning of Rome's new consul learn of the conspirators' plans?
4. What are the women asked to disregard pertaining to the men they found themselves with at the start of Rome?
5. What is Circus Maximus?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)