|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the Sabine people described in the book?
(a) They are recurrent allies of Rome.
(b) They ignore Rome until they are attacked.
(c) They are not aware of Rome at the time the book was written.
(d) They are a recurrent opponent of Rome.
2. How common is the interaction between human and divine beings in Ancient Rome, according to Livy?
(a) It is very common.
(b) It happens only twice a year.
(c) It happens only once a year.
(d) It is very uncommon.
3. How many introductory pieces are there that precede the main text of the book?
4. What result does the death of King Romulus have on Rome?
(a) It makes the Romans less vulnerable.
(b) It makes the Romans more vulnerable.
(c) It causes the Romans to wage a civil war.
(d) It causes the Romans to stop the civil war going on.
5. How many tribes does Rome have at this point in their history in the second part of The Republic?
(a) Thirty one.
(b) Twenty one.
(c) Forty one.
(d) Fifty one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brutus demand for the protection of the Roman government?
2. What is a difficulty that the author encounters while writing about the history of Rome?
3. What does the group of pacifists call themselves?
4. How many debtors agree to sign up for the military the second time that the government asks them to?
5. What are the women asked to disregard pertaining to the men they found themselves with at the start of Rome?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)