|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the problem of debt described?
(a) As a manageable civil and social problem.
(b) As an unmanageable civil and social problem.
(c) As a past civil problem..
(d) As a past social problem.
2. Where do the Romans adopt their religion from?
(a) The Bulgarians.
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The Turks.
(d) The Albanians.
3. How common is the interaction between human and divine beings in Ancient Rome, according to Livy?
(a) It is very uncommon.
(b) It happens only twice a year.
(c) It happens only once a year.
(d) It is very common.
4. What level of involvement do the leaders have in the war that featured debtors who agreed to fight in exchange for their debt being resolved?
(a) They temporarily leave Rome to avoid participating.
(b) They refuse to participate.
(c) They participate by positioning themselves near the battles.
(d) They actively participate.
5. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the slave described in the beginning of Rome's new consul learn of the conspirators' plans?
2. What is Brutus known as in the beginning of the second book?
3. What does Ancus do to solve the increasing crime problem Rome faces?
4. What is the reason given for why parents are eventually allowed to move into Rome?
5. How do the people view the senators' fear of the crowds resulting from the debt problem the city faces?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)