|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Part 2 of The Republic begins, what is a main focus of Rome's culture?
(a) The Romans are expanding their culture to include traits of other regions.
(b) The Romans are reducing the influence of other regions in their culture.
(c) The Romans are trying to make the city less sophisticated.
(d) The Romans are trying to make the city more sophisticated.
2. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
(a) A limit to what the Roman people can earn.
(b) A new trade agreement with other countries.
(c) The census.
(d) A limit to what elected officials can earn.
3. What is the slave given for his role in preventing the conspiracy?
(a) The chance to purchase land.
(b) A place in the senate.
(c) Free land.
(d) Roman citizenship.
4. What does Romulus become known as?
(a) The destruction of Rome.
(b) The foundation of Rome.
(c) The preservation of Rome.
(d) The direction of Rome.
5. In the Romans' victory over the Albans, how many total combatant deaths are there?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the original book, how many chapter breaks are there in The Republic?
2. What Latin city does Rome conquer in order to further increase its population?
3. What does the group, the Aurunci, consist of?
4. How many years is Rome a Republic before other well known governments are established, such as Athens and Sparta?
5. Which relative of Hostilius set the precedent for the meaning of the word "hostile?"
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)