|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
2. Where does Romulus gather people from to help start Rome's population?
(a) A select amount of the surrounding countries.
(b) All of the surrounding villages.
(c) All of the surrounding countries.
(d) A select amount of the surrounding villages.
3. How are the Sabine people described in the book?
(a) They ignore Rome until they are attacked.
(b) They are a recurrent opponent of Rome.
(c) They are recurrent allies of Rome.
(d) They are not aware of Rome at the time the book was written.
4. How many tribes does Rome have at this point in their history in the second part of The Republic?
(a) Forty one.
(b) Twenty one.
(c) Fifty one.
(d) Thirty one.
5. What is made to honor Cloelia's bravery?
(a) An official day of recognition.
(b) A plaque.
(c) A statue.
(d) A painting of her portrait.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some of the creditors do to make the situation worse?
2. How long does the creation and establishment of Rome take?
3. What is Brutus known as in the beginning of the second book?
4. How do the Romans use war in the second part of The Republic?
5. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)