|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people view the senators' fear of the crowds resulting from the debt problem the city faces?
(a) They view it as positive.
(b) They ignore it.
(c) They are confused by it.
(d) They view it as negative.
2. How do the Romans use war in the second part of The Republic?
(a) Only preservation and expansion.
(b) Only preservation and resources.
(c) Preservation, resources, and expansion.
(d) Only preservation.
3. How does the slave described in the beginning of Rome's new consul learn of the conspirators' plans?
(a) He works for one of the conspirators.
(b) He overhears their conversation while passing them on the street.
(c) He knows another slave who has overheard their conversation.
(d) He knows another slave who works for one of the conspirators.
4. How does Hostilius consider Pompilius's culture to be?
5. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
2. What causes Servilius and Appius to become unpopular with the Romans?
3. What are the women asked to disregard pertaining to the men they found themselves with at the start of Rome?
4. What is the reason given for why parents are eventually allowed to move into Rome?
5. What is the perception of Rome while Pompilius presides there?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)