|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Romulus rule for?
(a) Seventeen years.
(b) Twenty-seven years.
(c) Forty-seven years.
(d) Thirty-seven years.
2. What is the reason given for why parents are eventually allowed to move into Rome?
(a) To be closer to relatives.
(b) To be political advisors.
(c) To contribute to the economy.
(d) To increase Rome's population even more.
3. How many tribes does Rome have at this point in their history in the second part of The Republic?
(a) Forty one.
(b) Thirty one.
(c) Twenty one.
(d) Fifty one.
4. How many introductory pieces are there that precede the main text of the book?
5. What do some of the creditors do to make the situation worse?
(a) They refuse to accept repayment of the debts owed to them.
(b) They try to take property away from the debtors.
(c) They attack the debtors physically.
(d) They exploit the debtors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the women asked to disregard pertaining to the men they found themselves with at the start of Rome?
2. What condition does Ancus find Rome to be in when he takes over?
3. What is Brutus known as in the beginning of the second book?
4. How common is the interaction between human and divine beings in Ancient Rome, according to Livy?
5. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)