|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of republic do the Romans choose their form of government over?
2. How does the town of Pometia almost defeat the Romans?
(a) They attack the Romans using domestic devices.
(b) They surprise the Romans with an army of well trained soldiers.
(c) They obtain more advanced weaponry than the Romans.
(d) They outnumber the Romans by a two to one margin.
3. Who does the slave turn the information of the conspiracy over to?
(a) The people.
(b) The army.
(c) The consul.
(d) The senate.
4. How many introductory pieces are there that precede the main text of the book?
5. Which sign do Romulus and Remus become the symbol for?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Horatius given a reprieve from the death penalty after his tragic response to his sister's reaction to the battle?
2. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
3. What kinds of rights are the women promised when Rome is first beginning?
4. How do the surrounding political locations feel about Rome when it is first being created?
5. After the senate is formed, how is King Numa Pompilius elected?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)