|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many debtors agree to sign up for the military the second time that the government asks them to?
(b) A quarter of them.
(c) Half of them.
(d) All of them.
2. What is the reason for Tarquin's failure at attempting to retake control of Rome?
(a) The support of the people for Brutus.
(b) Tarquin lacks the number of men needed to battle Rome.
(c) The people's fear of Brutus.
(d) Tarquin does not allow his men to rest, so they are too tired to fight Rome.
3. How is the problem of debt described?
(a) As a manageable civil and social problem.
(b) As an unmanageable civil and social problem.
(c) As a past social problem.
(d) As a past civil problem..
4. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
5. What does Servius institute while serving as the King of Rome?
(a) A limit to what elected officials can earn.
(b) The census.
(c) A limit to what the Roman people can earn.
(d) A new trade agreement with other countries.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the surrounding political locations feel about Rome when it is first being created?
2. What is Circus Maximus?
3. How many generations pass between the pre-history of Rome and the recorded history?
4. How does the town of Pometia almost defeat the Romans?
5. Who does the slave turn the information of the conspiracy over to?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)