|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Circus Maximus?
(a) A large public stadium.
(b) A large private stadium.
(c) A large, circular shaped senate building.
(d) A large, circular shaped courthouse.
2. How long did Romulus rule for?
(a) Twenty-seven years.
(b) Seventeen years.
(c) Forty-seven years.
(d) Thirty-seven years.
3. What kinds of rights are the women promised when Rome is first beginning?
(a) None of the rights proper to Roman wives.
(b) Less rights than were common for Roman wives.
(c) More rights than were common for Roman wives.
(d) All of the rights proper to Roman wives.
4. What threat causes the senate to offer debtors a relief from their debts if they agree to serve in the military?
(a) The threat of the Volscians.
(b) The threat of the Batavians.
(c) The threat of the Tungrians.
(d) The threat of the Nervians.
5. Who does Tarquin recruit to assist him in the effort to regain Rome after he is banished?
(a) The Venetians.
(b) The Etruscans.
(c) The Umbrians.
(d) The Ligurians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Servilius and Appius to become unpopular with the Romans?
2. How common is the interaction between human and divine beings in Ancient Rome, according to Livy?
3. How does Romulus urge the men to treat the women as Rome is beginning to build its population?
4. In the original book, how many chapter breaks are there in The Republic?
5. What is Brutus known as in the beginning of the second book?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)