|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Republic: Chapter 2, Rome as a Republic, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cloelia do when she is held hostage for the second time?
(a) She oversees a group of girl hostages.
(b) She oversees the food supply for the hostages.
(c) She oversees a group of boy hostages.
(d) She oversees another escape by the hostages.
2. What does the great Roman warrior, Valerius, do once he enters politics?
(a) He prosecutes all creditors for unlawful practices.
(b) He gives more power to the Romans.
(c) He removes all existing debts from the people.
(d) He gives more power to the government.
3. How many tribes does Rome have at this point in their history in the second part of The Republic?
(a) Twenty one.
(b) Thirty one.
(c) Forty one.
(d) Fifty one.
4. What are the women asked to disregard pertaining to the men they found themselves with at the start of Rome?
(a) Their hatred.
(b) Their fondness.
(c) Their attachment.
(d) Their resentment.
5. What is Brutus known as in the beginning of the second book?
(a) Brutus the Betrayer.
(b) Brutus the Liberator.
(c) Brutus the Destroyer.
(d) Brutus the Conqueror.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Latin city does Rome conquer in order to further increase its population?
2. What is the reason given for why parents are eventually allowed to move into Rome?
3. What does the group of pacifists call themselves?
4. What does the author tell the reader he is writing about in the first Introduction?
5. What level of involvement do the leaders have in the war that featured debtors who agreed to fight in exchange for their debt being resolved?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)