|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, The Capture of Rome: Chapter 1, Rome's Capture, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is used to support the advocates of intermarriage?
(a) The previous design of the social classes by Rome.
(b) The previous integration of other regions by Rome.
(c) The failure of other regions who do not have intermarriage.
(d) The success of intermarriage in other regions.
2. How long did Romulus rule for?
(a) Forty-seven years.
(b) Twenty-seven years.
(c) Seventeen years.
(d) Thirty-seven years.
3. What causes the Roman military to face the possibility of defeat?
(a) Dissension among the military leaders.
(b) Dissension among the soldiers.
(c) A neigboring region with a larger military.
(d) A neighboring region with a larger supply of weaponry.
4. What is the perception of Rome while Pompilius presides there?
(a) It is volatile but disciplined.
(b) It is volatile and undisciplined.
(c) It is peaceful and well disciplined.
(d) It is peaceful but lacks discipline.
5. How do the surrounding political locations feel about Rome when it is first being created?
(a) They are confused by it.
(b) They fear it.
(c) They do not like it.
(d) They like it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What serious problem do the Romans turn to religion for help with?
2. What is unique about Lucius Tarquitius?
3. What does the author tell the reader he is writing about in the first Introduction?
4. What planet's name is given to the temple to a deity?
5. What is the general tone of the author's style?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)